Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-25-2012, 02:31 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24933
Default 2nd Best Defense in the Playoffs

As of right now, we have the 2nd best defense of all the AFC teams in the playoffs.

TOTAL D ranking in the NFL
Denver - 3
Cincinnati - 6
Houston - 9
Baltimore - 20
Indy - 26
New England - 27

So yeah, I'll be happy to pay the Patriots. Best way to keep Brady from scoring is to keep him off the field. We've got the team to do that. WHO DEY!
Old 12-25-2012, 02:43 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20056
Default Re: 2nd Best Defense in the Playoffs

Tom Brady in the playoffs is the last person on earth that I want to play.

We do have an damn good defense, but it's Tom Brady in the playoffs.

The guy has appeared in almost half of the Super Bowls since the turn of the century.

I won't be afraid and I think that our pass rush could disrupt them, just like the Giants did in the Super Bowl in '08 with the Pats, but the dude is an artist and is the most clutch quarterback in NFL history.

He plays close to flawless.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:53 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10779

Of those teams I would love to face Baltimore the most followed by Indy.

Houston, Denver, and New England all have great explosive offenses that would challenge our weakness in the second and third levels of our defense.

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 12-25-2012, 04:12 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3827

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post

The guy has appeared in almost half of the Super Bowls since the turn of the century.

I won't be afraid and I think that our pass rush could disrupt them, just like the Giants did in the Super Bowl in '08 with the Pats, but the dude is an artist and is the most clutch quarterback in NFL history.

This X2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE D-MAN View Post
The only thing a Bengals fan and a Steelers fan can enjoy at the same time is a Steeler fan's sister.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcu View Post
I ****ed a girl from Pittsburgh once. She was a Steelers fan. She was cockeyed and smelled like Rolling Rock and failure.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:10 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1184

Quote:

Brady doesn't scare me, I actually think NE plays into our hands a tuly. They are one dimensional on O so our front four can rush. And our offense can move it vs there d. Heck brat moved it vs them Sunday

Trust canít live in the same space as secrets and lies.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:30 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3035

In the past seven weeks, the Bengals have the number one defense in the league, giving up around 270 yards a game, 11.7 points a game, 25 sacks and have held teams to one or no touchdowns six times.

Regardless of offense, defense makes this team a very formidable opponent.

Adrian "All Day" Peterson
Old 12-25-2012, 12:09 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24933

Quote:

In 5 Super Bowl appearances, Brady is 3-2. While I give him credit for getting there five times, the AFC East isn't the strongest division in the AFC. He's a good QB, don't get me wrong, but he doesn't scare me. They've put up alot of points this year. That's the part that has me a bit nervous. They're the top offense, but our defense can beat them provided our offense plays up to its ability and keeps Brady on the bench.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:20 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 21793

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
In 5 Super Bowl appearances, Brady is 3-2. While I give him credit for getting there five times, the AFC East isn't the strongest division in the AFC. He's a good QB, don't get me wrong, but he doesn't scare me. They've put up alot of points this year. That's the part that has me a bit nervous. They're the top offense, but our defense can beat them provided our offense plays up to its ability and keeps Brady on the bench.
And Brady gets tamed with up the middle pass rush - enter Geno ! ! !
Old 12-25-2012, 12:24 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22557

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellMarine View Post
In the past seven weeks, the Bengals have the number one defense in the league, giving up around 270 yards a game, 11.7 points a game, 25 sacks and have held teams to one or no touchdowns six times.

Regardless of offense, defense makes this team a very formidable opponent.
Amen, brother. Impressive defensive run and I think the D is still on the upswing. With this D, if the O shows up a little bit, we have a chance to beat anybody.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:43 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13617

I'd like to see Cincy play New England. It'd give me and my buddy a chance to actually hang out and watch the same football game for the first time since the 2010 season opener.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:47 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3854

Our strength is d line....so what you should do is start with 1 on 1 matchups of the teams o and d lines. What team is going to allow Geno Dunlap and MJ to get off?

Colts
LT

Anthony Castonzo

Bradley Sowell

LG

Joe Reitz

Jeff Linkenbach

Seth Olsen

C

Samson Satele

A.Q. Shipley

RG

Mike McGlynn

Tony Hills

RT

Winston Justice

BRONCOS

LT

Ryan Clady

Chris Clark

LG

Zane Beadles

Manny Ramirez

C

Dan Koppen

C.J. Davis

RG

Chris Kuper

Manny Ramirez

RT

Orlando Franklin

Chris Clark
PATRIOTS

LT

Nate Solder

Marcus Cannon

LG

Logan Mankins

Donald Thomas

C

Ryan Wendell

Nick McDonald

RG

Dan Connolly

Nick McDonald

Markus Zusevics

RT

Sebastian Vollmer

Marcus Cannon

Old 12-25-2012, 12:48 PM
VIP Silver Member

Im about to go through that list looking at each individual and make my analysis....stand by

Old 12-25-2012, 12:59 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 5623

Gronk and hernadez scare me!
Old 12-25-2012, 01:02 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18714

Quote:
As of right now, we have the 2nd best defense of all the AFC teams in the playoffs.

Denver - 3
Cincinnati - 6
Houston - 9
Baltimore - 20
Indy - 26
New England - 27

So yeah, I'll be happy to pay the Patriots. Best way to keep Brady from scoring is to keep him off the field. We've got the team to do that. WHO DEY!
Brady is a great QB who is 35 years old. He is one hit away from retirement or at the least from being out for the game. We have the DC and the defensive line to hit him ealry and often. The Pats OL has stuggles this year protecting Brady. I look forward to the chance to beat the best.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:09 PM
VIP Silver Member

In terms of Geno I looked at centers and guards.....NO C will be any problem for Geno. He would decimate the Colts guards maybe even if they double teammed him all game, now id expect the Broncos to give a problem to Geno if their gameplan was to slow him down. 1 on 1Geno can destroy any Bronco lineman, but with the expierence they have and skill if they doubled Geno I could only see him making noise every couple of plays. If we played Colts I guaruntee Geno would be in Lucks face almost every play. Patriots scare me less than Broncos in terms of a Geno Matchup but again they have expeirence and if their goal was to stop Geno at all costs I could see them quieting Geno. In both of these cases tho, MJ and Dunlap would have the avenue to run rampant because they would be 1 on 1 on the outside. If the QBs werent throwing quickly they could do work.

So pretty much if we play the Colts I expect Geno to DOMINATE, if we get NE or DEN he will have a good game but if the Pats or Broncos gameplan towards him and double him constantly MJ and Dunlap will have to beat their man and get pressure which I believe they can but middle pressure is way better than outside pressure because the QB sees middle pressure immeadiatly and has to react.

I dont see any of these 3 o lines containing our rush tho

Old 12-25-2012, 01:31 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 451

Brady is a HOF QB. They will challenge our LB with Welker, Gronk, and Hernandez, focusing either on Rey because of his poor play or Burfict because of his lack of experience. Brady will throw the long ball a few times if given the time to challenge our weak secondary.

I don't know what everyone smoked on these forums, but Brady scares the crap out of me. IF we play NE, we will have to out gun their offense, look for the score to be in the 20-30 on both sides.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:35 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22557

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincIndy View Post
Brady is a HOF QB. They will challenge our LB with Welker, Gronk, and Hernandez, focusing either on Rey because of his poor play or Burfict because of his lack of experience. Brady will throw the long ball a few times if given the time to challenge our weak secondary.

I don't know what everyone smoked on these forums, but Brady scares the crap out of me. IF we play NE, we will have to out gun their offense, look for the score to be in the 20-30 on both sides.

You don't beat Brady by outgunning him. You beat him by beating the crap out of him for four quarters. Sure, you have to score, but wide open and high scoring is a recipe for disaster.

Belicheck scares me more than Brady. He's the one so skilled at game planning your best players out of the game.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:45 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 3190

Belichek is the real problem for us and New England.

Agreed with comment on AFC East. New England gets to play Miami, Buffalo and Jets twice a year. That is a lot different than playing Steelers, Ravens, Bengals - and the Browns are getting a lot better.

If we can rush four and run the ball against New England we can beat them. The run game is extremely important to Andy's success right now.

I think we can do both against New Engalnd and be in the position to win the game in the fourth quarter.

I don't want to play Denver until AFC championship and I hope someone knocks them out before we play them. My bet is they wiil end up playing the Ravens.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:47 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 106
bengals Re: 2nd Best Defense in the Playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincIndy View Post

Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valient never tastes of death but once. - Shakespeare

Who Dey!
Old 12-25-2012, 02:00 PM
VIP Silver Member

lll just combine MJ and Dunlaps analysis.

Our guys are very fast for DEs and they are finesse speed rushers.

ALL the tackles we would face are HUGE guys. we would have the athletic advantage over all of them. With that said all the tackles scare me. All are very sound and I feel could contain our guys consistently. For our DEs to get off they will need to be in constant 1 on 1 situations in space. Meaning Peko and Geno are going to have to play the games of their careers if we see NE, or DEN.

On top of that we would be facing some decent blocking RBs for all teams. Colts have a rookie RB so id assume hes the worse but you never know. Broncos RB and FB rotation is scary.

So pretty much all these teams look scary but going by the numbers SOLELY for O line VS Dl line matchups we want Colts, Patriots, then Broncos.

Old 12-25-2012, 02:02 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11730

Quote:

Very true, but I think our D can handle him, and you talk about about something that would make the talking heads start to spinnin'! They'd not know what to say. LOL

I think Indy or Baltimore might be easier options, but this year, I don't fear the Patriots and if we're going to get to the SB we're going to have face a couple of these top teams and win so, with that said, bring 'em on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
Amen, brother. Impressive defensive run and I think the D is still on the upswing. With this D, if the O shows up a little bit, we have a chance to beat anybody.
Truth! Our defense has played like none other this last several weeks. They are wicked good!
Old 12-25-2012, 02:33 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 803

Quote:

Actually in the past 3 years, the Patriots only had success in 2011-2012 when they went 2-1 and lost in the SB. They were one and done in 2009-10 and 2010-11. So, Brady is 2-3 in the post-season since 2009.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:35 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13089

Quote:

Denver - 3
Cincinnati - 6
Houston - 9
Baltimore - 20
Indy - 26
New England - 27

This is why I'm so scared of Denver. They have Peyton Manning AND a top ranked defense.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:49 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 609

I'm not afraid of the Patriots. If we plan on winning in the playoff's and if this Pats team is as good as everyone is saying then we're going to have to play them or the Broncos eventually. You all are forgetting one thing, Gronkowski has missed a lot of time with a broken arm and that wildcard game would be his first game back, if he is even ready by then. Lewis and Zimmer came up with great gameplan last week to stop Miller, they put Leon Hall on him. They are not fast at WR and our other CB's can keep with them if we have too put Hall on TE's. The Patriots under Tom Brady and Bill Belicheck have never won the SB when playing Wildcard weekend. Tom Brady can actually struggle against front seven's that put pressure on him with just their defensive line.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:55 PM
VIP Silver Member

Alot of people have the idea Brady is a god. He is a great QB but we just beat a great superbowl QB in Ben. And how? Because we rushed, got pressure kept it close and then eventually he said screw it, and we got him to make a mistake. On top of the PITT has a way better WR core all aorund than NE