Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Old 12-24-2012, 08:40 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 18257
Default Congrats.

Figured I'd come here and say great game. Good luck.

Steelers just lost too many winnable games this season (Titans,Ravens, Raiders, Browns) They just weren't playoff caliber this season.

Hopefully this new bengal team will be able to contend for the division to make it a three way race for years to come instead of just a two way between the Ravens and Steelers.

Although I do have to say..Andy Dalton and company need to be able to put drives together and score touchdowns..Bengals Defense is probably the 2nd best in the playoffs on the AFC side (Denver being first) They can win games but Dalton has to play better and your wide outs have to catch the passes.

I'm rooting for the Ravens and Bengals to represent the AFCN well. Bring a Lombardi back to the best division in football.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:03 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11074
Default Re: Congrats.

Thank you.

This last game was wide open and could have gone either way. Aged and/or injured, the Steelers still brought it.

Bad coaching can neutralize even the most talented of athletes.
There are two seasons of the year for me: Football Season and waiting for Football Season.
On the Bengals Bandwagon since 1981
Old 12-24-2012, 09:10 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
Thank you.

This last game was wide open and could have gone either way. Aged and/or injured, the Steelers still brought it.
Yeah I was happy to see the defense still play hard. We have some young corners who I think could bring some real value to the team in years to come. Timmons is hands down the best LB we have to offer and Foote is playing great.

Steelers need to address the Running back issue. QB depth.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:18 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 62078

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzberg06 View Post
They can win games but Dalton has to play better and your wide outs have to catch the passes.
Dalton and his "weak" arm made a pretty good throw on that 21 yd deep out route that AJ caught to seal your fate. I'd say thats making the plays when it counts.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:18 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Yeah I was happy to see the defense still play hard. We have some young corners who I think could bring some real value to the team in years to come. Timmons is hands down the best LB we have to offer and Foote is playing great.

Was Mendenhall hurt? I don't know why they didn't use him more. He seems to get yards more often than not. Then, as you know us already, we'll bite hard on the play-action and someone should be open on a short route. I know Tomlin would have some sort of scheme ready no matter what personnel.

Even though the Steelers were decimated across the board, they still have that aura of "down but not out" and "go down swinging". I was hoping for a 3-score cushion, then I could have relaxed.

But it went down as expected. A hostile place, but we still held our own. The defense is there (finally a major threat), but the offense has stalled real bad.

There are two seasons of the year for me: Football Season and waiting for Football Season.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:20 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Dalton and his "weak" arm made a pretty good throw on that 21 yd deep out route that AJ caught to seal your fate. I'd say thats making the plays when it counts.
And only a "weak" arm can overthrow their #1 receivers.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:33 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
I never said he had a weak arm in this post. Yes he made the throw when it counts but in the playoffs you can't have the lack of offensive production against teams that have Brady and Manning at the helm and expect to win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
Was Mendenhall hurt? I don't know why they didn't use him more. He seems to get yards more often than not. Then, as you know us already, we'll bite hard on the play-action and someone should be open on a short route. I know Tomlin would have some sort of scheme ready no matter what personnel.

Even though the Steelers were decimated across the board, they still have that aura of "down but not out" and "go down swinging". I was hoping for a 3-score cushion, then I could have relaxed.

But it went down as expected. A hostile place, but we still held our own. The defense is there (finally a major threat), but the offense has stalled real bad.
Mendenhall is gone.. Tomlin has kinda sent that message lol.

Steelers fight man I love the next man up mentality that they have. Granted I would of prefered Ike Taylor on Green I can't hate on the Allen.

Yeah Bengals offense like I said needs to come out firing. If they stall like that against Brady or Manning it will be a long day for the bengals defense.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:49 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
I never said he had a weak arm in this post. Yes he made the throw when it counts but in the playoffs you can't have the lack of offensive production against teams that have Brady and Manning at the helm and expect to win.

You dont think playing against the #1 defense had something to do with the lack of offensive production? Besides isnt it a steeler mantra that D wins championships?
Old 12-24-2012, 10:03 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7076

Thanks brotha. You coming out of retirement now lol
Old 12-24-2012, 10:51 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
You dont think playing against the #1 defense had something to do with the lack of offensive production? Besides isnt it a steeler mantra that D wins championships?
From what I remember in the Eagles game he couldn't do much unless given a short field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helldog View Post
Thanks brotha. You coming out of retirement now lol
I think so man maybe this place is going to come back. Atleast I hope.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:59 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
From what I remember in the Eagles game he couldn't do much unless given a short field.
The eagles were throwing looks at Dalton that he hadnt seen yet. Remember, its only his second year. Thats the first time he played the eagles. He will only improve as he gains experience.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:05 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7076

Quote:

I think so man maybe this place is going to come back. Atleast I hope.
This is whodey23 if you didn't figure it out.

But don't tell no one
Old 12-24-2012, 11:26 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
The eagles were throwing looks at Dalton that he hadnt seen yet. Remember, its only his second year. Thats the first time he played the eagles. He will only improve as he gains experience.
I know this. I'm not saying he is bad or terrible. I think he is a going to be a great QB and he is really only struggling with the deep ball accuracy but that even looks to be improving. All that's left is for him to just step up and take command which is A LOT to ask for a 2nd year QB, but with the organization having it's first back to back playoff appearances since 1982..I think it's time he take that next step. He is the bengals franchise QB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helldog View Post
This is whodey23 if you didn't figure it out.

But don't tell no one
I should of known.. that is your facebook pic.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:02 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 63
drunk Re: Congrats.

I must be dreaming........ a Steeler fan with class?? Did the world really end with the Mayan calendar??

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-24-2012, 01:13 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodeydallas View Post
I must be dreaming........ a Steeler fan with class?? Did the world really end with the Mayan calendar??

Merry Christmas!
Lol the ones of the board for the most part have class.

Merry Christmas.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:31 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 78443

Quote:

Steelers just lost too many winnable games this season (Titans,Ravens, Raiders, Browns) They just weren't playoff caliber this season.

Hopefully this new bengal team will be able to contend for the division to make it a three way race for years to come instead of just a two way between the Ravens and Steelers.

Although I do have to say..Andy Dalton and company need to be able to put drives together and score touchdowns..Bengals Defense is probably the 2nd best in the playoffs on the AFC side (Denver being first) They can win games but Dalton has to play better and your wide outs have to catch the passes.

I'm rooting for the Ravens and Bengals to represent the AFCN well. Bring a Lombardi back to the best division in football.
Your not kidding about the Bengals O. They have a ways to go, clearly.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:24 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20726

Quote:

The Bengals' offense is extremely young. Out of 11 starters right now, we have 5 who are rookies or 2nd year players, including Dalton. Dalton is a solid QB, overall, but he is still young and makes some mistakes and probably leaves 3-4 plays out there on the field a game that a more veteran QB would get you. Still, he shows plenty of promise.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:31 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 42163

Thanks steeler fan.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:23 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3549

Quote:

Yes I can't emphasize that enough. They need to draft a good quarterback in the draft. They can't rely on the 2 Father Times in Charlie and Byron. It showed how bad they were this year when Ben went down. If they keep one, I'd suggest Batch. He's the better one of the 2.
I was just pulling numbers out of my ***.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalYankee View Post
I root for a team that has the most Championships
Old 12-25-2012, 10:25 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 28214

Quote:

The Bengals-Steelers game was an AFC North trench battle at its best and I would say that no matter who won. People who root for teams outside the AFC North just don't get it: It's blood and guts football!
Old 12-25-2012, 10:51 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 191

Quote:

Thanks for the kind words...not even a hint of bitterness in the tone.