Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 12-25-2012, 04:16 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225
bengals My Mock Draft

1st RD- CB - Xavier Rhodes - Florida State

Reason- We can't get Bjoern Werner, & i'm not a huge fan of any DE besides Dion Jordan if he dropped to the 2nd...We need to stack our CB core due to age in that area. We would have Leon, Rhodes, Kirkpatrick, & PacMan..I believe Rhodes has the potential to be one of the top corners in the league.

2nd RD-OLB-Alec Ogletree-UGA

Reason- I think we should upgrade at OLB. Im not a fan of Rey Mauluga and think we can do better. We should resign Rey as a backup or let him go..I see Burfict moving to the middle,Howard on the outside & Ogletree on the outside.

2nd RD-OG-Gabe Jackson- Mississippi State

Reason- I think we have alot of options in the draft. I don't believe any defensive end in these mid 2-3 rounds are worthy of a pick here so i say we take the next bpa pick in an area that could use an upgrade. I don't think Boling is the guy & we should try and stack our line so we can run the ball & protect Dalton. This guy is great pass blocker and a good run blocker.

3rd RD-SS- Dj Swearinger- SCU

Reason- We need a SS. I don't believe in taking any of the other prospects listed high 1st and 2nd rounders. So i say wait until the mid rounds and find a good player who's flying under the radar..Swearinger to me is that guy.

4th RD-RB-Le'Veon Bell-Michigan State

Reason- I think we should be looking for the best player available in these later rounds. I think with the signing of Bush we could have BJGE be the #2 and Bell the #3. Or get rid of BJGE & have Bell as the #2 or Peerman/Herron the #3.

* I Only did 4 rounds *

Free agents

RB Reggie Bush

DE Cliff Avril

Last edited by Bengal4ever68; 12-26-2012 at 04:00 AM.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:33 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 451
Default Re: My Mock Draft

I think S is a bigger priority than anything ATM, would like to address in FA or first 2 rounds, anyone stand out to you?
Old 12-25-2012, 08:28 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincIndy View Post
I think S is a bigger priority than anything ATM, would like to address in FA or first 2 rounds, anyone stand out to you?

We do need a safety, but we don't want to use a high pick on a safety that isn't worthy of a high pick. I like Swearinger in the 3rd.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:03 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1422

I think Ghee and the kid from Iowa that got hurt are keepers so I don't see CB as the top priority. I myself see LB, Safety and RB as biggest needs over DE and CB
Old 12-25-2012, 09:16 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal4ever68 View Post
We do need a safety, but we don't want to use a high pick on a safety that isn't worthy of a high pick. I like Swearinger in the 3rd.
PLENTY of safeties worthy of a 2nd round pick easily.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:17 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker View Post
I think Ghee and the kid from Iowa that got hurt are keepers so I don't see CB as the top priority. I myself see LB, Safety and RB as biggest needs over DE and CB

How are 2 guys that got hurt and haven't proven a thing keepers???
Old 12-25-2012, 11:40 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2541

Quote:

Reason- We can't get Bjoern Werner, & i'm not a huge fan of any DE besides Dion Jordan if he dropped to the 2nd...We need to stack our CB core due to age in that area. We would have Leon, Rhodes, Kirkpatrick, & PacMan..I believe Rhodes has the potential to be one of the top corners in the league.

2nd RD-OLB-Alec Ogletree-UGA

Reason- I think we should upgrade at OLB. Im not a fan of Rey Mauluga and think we can do better. We should resign Rey as a backup or let him go..I see Burfict moving to the middle,Howard on the outside & Ogletree on the outside.

2nd RD-OG-Gabe Jackson- Mississippi State

Reason- I think we have alot of options in the draft. I don't believe any defensive end in these mid 2-3 rounds are worthy of a pick here so i say we take the next bpa pick in an area that could use an upgrade. I don't think Boling is the guy & we should try and stack our line so we can run the ball & protect Dalton. This guy is great pass blocker and a good run blocker.

3rd RD-SS- Dj Swearinger- SCU

Reason- We need a SS. I don't believe in taking any of the other prospects listed high 1st and 2nd rounders. So i say wait until the mid rounds and find a good player who's flying under the radar..Swearinger to me is that guy.

4th RD-RB-Le'Veon Bell-Michigan State

Reason- I think we should be looking for the best player available in these later rounds. I think with the signing of Bush we could have BJGE be the #2 and Bell the #3. Or get rid of BJGE & have Bell as the #2 or Peerman/Herron the #3.

* I Only did 4 rounds *

Free agents

RB Reggie Bush

DE
1. Although I dont think CB is a 1st round need I suppose if he is BPA then go for it.

2. Like it.

2. Waste of a pick imo, Boiling and Zeitler have been pretty good all year, yea they have had there struggles at times but there both young guys who have shown alot of promise, throw in Wharton is coming back next year and I just don't see it.

3. I like SS in 3 but im not sure DJ is my guy but I like the position.

4. Another pointless pick imo, we sign Reggie Bush and we keep BJGE that would be a great pair of RBs going into next season, throw in Peerman, Leonard or Herron and I think were more than fine. Give me another position here.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:54 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 7519

Quote:

How many 4 CB formations do you foresee the Bengals running in 2013?

LCB: Hall
Slot: Pacman/Allen
RCB: Dre Kirk/Newman

In addition, the Bengals still have rights to Prater, Ghee, & Lewis-Harris.

If Dunlap were to go down, our defensive pass rush would take a huge dive.

Okafor & Anseh would be excellent additions to our d-line.

Last edited by mulligan; 12-26-2012 at 12:05 AM.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:11 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post

I agree! I do however believe we need to take a CB before the 5th rd. We have rights to Prater and Ghee but they are by no means keepers neither have proven a thing as of yet.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:17 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 7519

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
I agree! I do however believe we need to take a CB before the 5th rd. We have rights to Prater and Ghee but they are by no means keepers neither have proven a thing as of yet.

I don't believe that the Bengals NEED to take a CB before the 5th.

If Dre Kirk can be healthy for the 2013 season, then I think that the Bengals could focus on other positional groups first (LB, DE, RB, S).

Yes, our CB corp is aging, but I see a priority to add more youth in the 2014 draft rather than the 2013 draft.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:25 AM
VIP Member

Quote:

I don't believe that the Bengals NEED to take a CB before the 5th.

If Dre Kirk can be healthy for the 2013 season, then I think that the Bengals could focus on other positional groups first (LB, DE, RB, S).

Yes, our CB corp is aging, but I see a priority to add more youth in the 2014 draft rather than the 2013 draft.
We can cover all of those needs and still draft a CB. For example in a few of my mocks I had us drafting Nigel Malone in the 6th( 12 INT's in 2 years). I think the reason he's not highly rated is he's 5'10 185. But he's a playmaker.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:37 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones4980 View Post
1. Although I dont think CB is a 1st round need I suppose if he is BPA then go for it.

2. Like it.

2. Waste of a pick imo, Boiling and Zeitler have been pretty good all year, yea they have had there struggles at times but there both young guys who have shown alot of promise, throw in Wharton is coming back next year and I just don't see it.

3. I like SS in 3 but im not sure DJ is my guy but I like the position.

4. Another pointless pick imo, we sign Reggie Bush and we keep BJGE that would be a great pair of RBs going into next season, throw in Peerman, Leonard or Herron and I think were more than fine. Give me another position here.

Zeitler is good. Boling is the guy who struggles and makes the pocket collapse at times. I see Wharton coming back but we don't know if he's going to be 100% being 32 years old. We could draft Jackson and have him sit behind Wharton or start him . whoever is better

If we sign Bush i wouldn't mind releasing BJGE. He's somewhat good he's just not the type of back that we need. We could have Bush, Le'Veon Bell, Peerman/Herron...I don't see us keeping Leonard...Or keep BJGE & have him as a backup to Bush and split carries with him sometimes. Or if Bush gets injured Green Ellis would start.

Last edited by Bengal4ever68; 12-26-2012 at 03:55 AM.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:55 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

We need to look at Free agency for a DE. If Johnson wants to much money then we need to let him walk.