Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 08-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Utts's Avatar
Utts Utts is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Paseo
Posts: 2,104
Rep Points: 2466
Default Re: At last we will reveal ourselves to NFL. At last we will have revenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
We thought the Bengals were back a few times in the Marvin Lewis era already...

While I think we could have a really good season, we still do have warning signs that could derail our season.
Every team does.
__________________
This post brought to you by Marvin Lewis, and his endless pursuit of excellence. 0-5 in playoff games, and 6-16 in primetime games.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-02-2012, 07:13 PM
Utts's Avatar
Utts Utts is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Paseo
Posts: 2,104
Rep Points: 2466
Default Re: At last we will reveal ourselves to NFL. At last we will have revenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalTrucker View Post
I expect this team to win the AFCN and be in the AFC Championship game. From there it is anyone's game, depending on who shows up ready to play.
Nobody expected the 4-11 Bengals to go to Miami the following season either. Of course, this is no crap 4-11 team either.

This is a team of destiny. They have the talent and desire. It's time...
__________________
This post brought to you by Marvin Lewis, and his endless pursuit of excellence. 0-5 in playoff games, and 6-16 in primetime games.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-02-2012, 07:19 PM
BengalTrucker's Avatar
BengalTrucker BengalTrucker is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Hiding in my bunker locked and loaded.
Posts: 7,320
Rep Points: 16671
Default Re: At last we will reveal ourselves to NFL. At last we will have revenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utts View Post
Nobody expected the 4-11 Bengals to go to Miami the following season either. Of course, this is no crap 4-11 team either.

This is a team of destiny. They have the talent and desire. It's time...
I like the new positive you.
__________________
"The Greatest Danger to American Freedom is a Government that Ignores the Constitution"
Thomas Jefferson

"I do solemnly swear to Protect and Defend the Consitution of the United States of America Against All Enemies Foereign and Domestic."
We swear to Protect and Defend a Consitution not a party, or a president
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-02-2012, 07:59 PM
whodey21's Avatar
whodey21 whodey21 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 2,895
Rep Points: 5780
Default Re: At last we will reveal ourselves to NFL. At last we will have revenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utts View Post
That's a bit of an exaggeration, but I certainly have never predicted a Super Bowl victory.

As for the haters... when the last piece of confetti has been swept off Fountain Square, and Andy Dalton flys off to Disney World - let's revisit this thread so you can honor me and my prophecy.
If you're right, you look like a genius. If you're wrong, no one will remember. It's a win-win for you.

Let's make it interesting. If we are AFC Champs at the end of this (the 2012-13 season), I will gladly buy you the jersey of your choice and change my sig to whatever you want for a year following our Super Bowl appearance.

If you are wrong (and we do not play in the 2013 Super Bowl), you can buy me a jersey, no sig change required. I offer this wager, not as a hater, but as someone who desperately wants to be wrong.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-02-2012, 08:00 PM
boomer76's Avatar
boomer76 boomer76 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Guadalajara, Jalisco, México
Posts: 852
Rep Points: 1649
Default Re: At last we will reveal ourselves to NFL. At last we will have revenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utts View Post
Nobody expected the 4-11 Bengals to go to Miami the following season either. Of course, this is no crap 4-11 team either.

This is a team of destiny. They have the talent and desire. It's time...


Let´s slow down.....nobody expected the 2009 Bengals (10-6) will drop to 4-12 in 2010.....

I expect a very good season, but Dalton is still in his learning curve. Yes, they have enormous talent, let's see if they can explode it well.


Who dey!!!!!!
__________________


http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...ders-Greg-Cook

"Get Up, Timmy!".............
Sam Wyche to Tim Krumrie.
January 22, 1989
SB XXIII
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 08-02-2012, 09:07 PM
bonesaw bonesaw is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,143
Rep Points: 1835
Default Re: At last we will reveal ourselves to NFL. At last we will have revenge!

Dno baby!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08-03-2012, 03:51 AM
savagehenry54's Avatar
savagehenry54 savagehenry54 is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Columbus
Posts: 14,425
Rep Points: 37221
Default Re: At last we will reveal ourselves to NFL. At last we will have revenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utts View Post
That's because this is my first prediction of this nature dip****e.
Lulz. You bragged about your "dire prediction" accuracy and how "no one wanted to hear it".

You're just one of many who usually find ways to be negative in their outlook and short of a title, all of your type can claim that they were "usually right".

Not a difficult feat to pull off really.
__________________
2014 Bengals........13-3,
#1 seed in playoffs.
That's gonna happen.


The Patriots, Steelers and
Giants got fat while the Bengals
starved in the streets. It's our turn.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-03-2012, 03:53 AM
savagehenry54's Avatar
savagehenry54 savagehenry54 is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Columbus
Posts: 14,425
Rep Points: 37221
Default Re: At last we will reveal ourselves to NFL. At last we will have revenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer76 View Post


Let´s slow down.....nobody expected the 2009 Bengals (10-6) will drop to 4-12 in 2010.....

I expect a very good season, but Dalton is still in his learning curve. Yes, they have enormous talent, let's see if they can explode it well.


Who dey!!!!!!
Dalton will not miss, I am entirely convinced of it. The kid is a baller.
__________________
2014 Bengals........13-3,
#1 seed in playoffs.
That's gonna happen.


The Patriots, Steelers and
Giants got fat while the Bengals
starved in the streets. It's our turn.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-03-2012, 08:41 PM
boomer76's Avatar
boomer76 boomer76 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Guadalajara, Jalisco, México
Posts: 852
Rep Points: 1649
Default Re: At last we will reveal ourselves to NFL. At last we will have revenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagehenry54 View Post
Dalton will not miss, I am entirely convinced of it. The kid is a baller.


I hope so too, but he's about to start just his second year. Still a long way to go.


Who Dey!!!!
__________________


http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...ders-Greg-Cook

"Get Up, Timmy!".............
Sam Wyche to Tim Krumrie.
January 22, 1989
SB XXIII
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-04-2012, 12:52 AM
savagehenry54's Avatar
savagehenry54 savagehenry54 is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Columbus
Posts: 14,425
Rep Points: 37221
Default Re: At last we will reveal ourselves to NFL. At last we will have revenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer76 View Post


I hope so too, but he's about to start just his second year. Still a long way to go.


Who Dey!!!!
He's a gamer, a hard worker, good arm, good accuracy, makes good reads, gets it out on time, takes care of the ball.....The only thing he showed a tendency to do that I didn't like was get prematurely antsy in the pocket but I view that as a fairly minor flaw in his game all things considered.

He's got guys that either already are of have shown they probably will be studs at WR (Green) TE (Gresh) and in the slot (Shipley). Plus he has several other young WRs (Sanu, Hawkins, Whalen, Binns) that I believe will compliment Green well.

Will. Not. Miss.

Whodey baby!!!
__________________
2014 Bengals........13-3,
#1 seed in playoffs.
That's gonna happen.


The Patriots, Steelers and
Giants got fat while the Bengals
starved in the streets. It's our turn.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 08-04-2012, 04:43 AM
Utts's Avatar
Utts Utts is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Paseo
Posts: 2,104
Rep Points: 2466
Default Re: At last we will reveal ourselves to NFL. At last we will have revenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagehenry54 View Post
You're just one of many who usually find ways to be negative in their outlook and short of a title, all of your type can claim that they were "usually right".
Find ways to be negative? You really didn't have to look too hard during the era I as referring to. The franchise was widely regarded as the worst in professional sports.
__________________
This post brought to you by Marvin Lewis, and his endless pursuit of excellence. 0-5 in playoff games, and 6-16 in primetime games.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 08-04-2012, 08:33 AM
savagehenry54's Avatar
savagehenry54 savagehenry54 is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Columbus
Posts: 14,425
Rep Points: 37221
Default Re: At last we will reveal ourselves to NFL. At last we will have revenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utts View Post
Find ways to be negative? You really didn't have to look too hard during the era I as referring to. The franchise was widely regarded as the worst in professional sports.
In the nineties, yea, the seven years this board has been around not so much.
__________________
2014 Bengals........13-3,
#1 seed in playoffs.
That's gonna happen.


The Patriots, Steelers and
Giants got fat while the Bengals
starved in the streets. It's our turn.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 08-04-2012, 09:48 AM
bengalfan74's Avatar
bengalfan74 bengalfan74 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 5,933
Rep Points: 18974
Default Re: At last we will reveal ourselves to NFL. At last we will have revenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utts View Post
Nobody expected the 4-11 Bengals to go to Miami the following season either. Of course, this is no crap 4-11 team either.

This is a team of destiny. They have the talent and desire. It's time...
So very true Utts !

If you look closely back through the years, few in the general public ever really expected the eventual Super Bowl Champ to be who it was. Just look at the Giants this past season ! The Packers from the year before, the 05 Steelers, the 01 Patriots, there are many examples.

If we get that 1st playoff win this season anything can happen. Because then it's who's healthy, who's hungry, and who has a little luck sprinkled in.

It can be us ! Who Dey
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08-04-2012, 10:07 AM
SHRacerX's Avatar
SHRacerX SHRacerX is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,646
Rep Points: 3730
Default Re: At last we will reveal ourselves to NFL. At last we will have revenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utts View Post
I've been called a lot of things since 1982, the year I saw my first Bengals game in person at the Pontiac Silverdome. I was a young kid back then, and despite the fact they lost that day - the Benglas were my team for life.

Since the 1990's, I've been labeled a "hater" and "fed-up" around here, and occasionally much worse than that. If you compare my dire predictions to what actually happened I was right most of the time, but many of you didn't want honest predictions - you just wanted everybody to shout "Who Dey" in spite of the atrocities being committed on the riverfront. In any event, it's great to find ourselves in a time when "Die Hard" and "Fed-up" are no longer part of the lexicon here. I suspect most of the noobs here aren't familiar with the terms at all.

Enough rambling... I'm about to do something I've never done, at least not with a straight face. I am here to tell you the Bengals will represent the AFC in New Orleans. The defense is going to punish people this year, and the offense will do just enough to close the deal.

Their opponent? The San Francisco 49ers, but this time we get our revenge. Joe Montana is in Montana for all we know, forget about last minute heroics. The Bengals will play 4-Quarters of old fashioned violent AFC North football, and lift the Lombardi trophy above their heads in victory.

Some of you will see this post as a sign of the apocalypse, others will realize that these words are a harbinger of the great victories to come.

God bless America. God bless the Cincinnati Bengals. F the Steelers, F the Ravens, and WHO DEY.
Good to see you back, Utts! I remember you from the early AOL post boards (dating myself a bit there). I agree that this could be the season. Depth across virtually all key position groups, strong talent in the trenches, and a team-first attitude. For some reason, however, I have a sneaky suspicion that this year's opponent will be the Chicago Bears.

I know everyone is saying 49ers and Packers, but I like what the Bears have done and I think they feel like they have some unfinished business from last year after Cutler's injury. They were really looking good right before that happened.

Frankly, I don't care who the opponent is....I would just be pumped for them to win it all.

To get there, they need that first round bye and, God willing, home field throughout. The one team I don't like from a matchup standpoint is the Patriots in Foxboro. They seem to destroy teams in bad weather and at home. The Bengals have, by far, a much tougher schedule on paper. I can't help but think all those games they lost because they couldn't get in the endzone on first and goal from the 5, orconvert on third and two, will be a different story this season with BJGE running behind Zeitler and Wharton as opposed to the horrible inside running game of last year.

Who-Dey!
__________________
The year we have been waiting for: 2014 Bengals
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 08-04-2012, 03:02 PM
Utts's Avatar
Utts Utts is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Paseo
Posts: 2,104
Rep Points: 2466
Default Re: At last we will reveal ourselves to NFL. At last we will have revenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagehenry54 View Post
In the nineties, yea, the seven years this board has been around not so much.
Many of us here have been on 3 or 4 boards over the years, before the Bengals established their own.
__________________
This post brought to you by Marvin Lewis, and his endless pursuit of excellence. 0-5 in playoff games, and 6-16 in primetime games.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 08-04-2012, 03:24 PM
2MinutesHate 2MinutesHate is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 247
Rep Points: 481
Default Re: At last we will reveal ourselves to NFL. At last we will have revenge!

Nice post but we might only win 4 games this year. You never know what the Bengals are going to do from year to year (except of course during the mid 90's).

Sure would be nice though to make it to the Super Bowl and win it this time.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 08-04-2012, 11:49 PM
THE PISTONS's Avatar
THE PISTONS THE PISTONS is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,749
Rep Points: 8703
Default Re: At last we will reveal ourselves to NFL. At last we will have revenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utts View Post
Every team does.
Yeah...except this team leads the NFL in longest playoff winless drought.

They have to prove it on the field before I annoint them as a team of destiny.

You'd think that we won the Super Bowl last year the way some fans talk. We went 9-7.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 08-05-2012, 12:16 AM
Utts's Avatar
Utts Utts is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Paseo
Posts: 2,104
Rep Points: 2466
Default Re: At last we will reveal ourselves to NFL. At last we will have revenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
You'd think that we won the Super Bowl last year the way some fans talk. We went 9-7.
We went 9-7 with a young roster and a rookie OC and QB. On top of that, they didn't have the normal preparation time. We're coming off what appears to be a great draft, and have a super talented young squad that is hungry and plays together. We have great coordinators and a fine head coach too.

This is the best team we've had in Cincinnati since the last Super Bowl appearance, and I happen to think this team will be even better. The defense will be significantly better, and the offense will be good enough to close the deal.
__________________
This post brought to you by Marvin Lewis, and his endless pursuit of excellence. 0-5 in playoff games, and 6-16 in primetime games.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 12-26-2012, 02:07 AM
Utts's Avatar
Utts Utts is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Paseo
Posts: 2,104
Rep Points: 2466
Default Re: At last we will reveal ourselves to NFL. At last we will have revenge!

Getting closer...
__________________
This post brought to you by Marvin Lewis, and his endless pursuit of excellence. 0-5 in playoff games, and 6-16 in primetime games.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12-26-2012, 09:09 AM
fortyyearfan fortyyearfan is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,993
Rep Points: 1681
bengals Re: At last we will reveal ourselves to NFL. At last we will have revenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHRacerX View Post
Good to see you back, Utts! I remember you from the early AOL post boards (dating myself a bit there). I agree that this could be the season. Depth across virtually all key position groups, strong talent in the trenches, and a team-first attitude. For some reason, however, I have a sneaky suspicion that this year's opponent will be the Chicago Bears.

I know everyone is saying 49ers and Packers, but I like what the Bears have done and I think they feel like they have some unfinished business from last year after Cutler's injury. They were really looking good right before that happened.

Frankly, I don't care who the opponent is....I would just be pumped for them to win it all.

To get there, they need that first round bye and, God willing, home field throughout. The one team I don't like from a matchup standpoint is the Patriots in Foxboro. They seem to destroy teams in bad weather and at home. The Bengals have, by far, a much tougher schedule on paper. I can't help but think all those games they lost because they couldn't get in the endzone on first and goal from the 5, orconvert on third and two, will be a different story this season with BJGE running behind Zeitler and Wharton as opposed to the horrible inside running game of last year.

Who-Dey!
i love your predictions and lets hope and pray you are right. i have been a fan since they formed the team in 1968, 44 years. i have seen everything you can imagine, believe that. i had 4 season tickets in the corner of the endzone all through the 90's.here is my concern. i so want this team to get it done this year, but being let down SO MANY TIMES, it appears like this is such an uphill battle to complete. one of the reasons i say that is the way they are winning. this team i do not believe that the offense has put a 30 point win on anybody. that is a huge concern, as the pats, the broncos have. i know our defense is playing lights out, but when you get to the playoffs the great qbs will know how to stop alot of that.to win in the big show, you MUST SCORE POINTS.so if that happens we will be okay. i just feel like we need a better running game to be more balanced, a better 0-line to protect andy and ect.i am just concerned we are still not a complete team. without this defense, we would'nt even be talking playoffs.our offense HAS TO GET BETTER.will it? a big big maybe.now do not take this as a negative. i am just breaking down what we need to do to win now.i so want them to get it done.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 12-26-2012, 09:49 AM
SHRacerX's Avatar
SHRacerX SHRacerX is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,646
Rep Points: 3730
Default Re: At last we will reveal ourselves to NFL. At last we will have revenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utts View Post
I've been called a lot of things since 1982, the year I saw my first Bengals game in person at the Pontiac Silverdome. I was a young kid back then, and despite the fact they lost that day - the Benglas were my team for life.

Since the 1990's, I've been labeled a "hater" and "fed-up" around here, and occasionally much worse than that. If you compare my dire predictions to what actually happened I was right most of the time, but many of you didn't want honest predictions - you just wanted everybody to shout "Who Dey" in spite of the atrocities being committed on the riverfront. In any event, it's great to find ourselves in a time when "Die Hard" and "Fed-up" are no longer part of the lexicon here. I suspect most of the noobs here aren't familiar with the terms at all.

Enough rambling... I'm about to do something I've never done, at least not with a straight face. I am here to tell you the Bengals will represent the AFC in New Orleans. The defense is going to punish people this year, and the offense will do just enough to close the deal.

Their opponent? The San Francisco 49ers, but this time we get our revenge. Joe Montana is in Montana for all we know, forget about last minute heroics. The Bengals will play 4-Quarters of old fashioned violent AFC North football, and lift the Lombardi trophy above their heads in victory.

Some of you will see this post as a sign of the apocalypse, others will realize that these words are a harbinger of the great victories to come.

God bless America. God bless the Cincinnati Bengals. F the Steelers, F the Ravens, and WHO DEY.
Love to have you back, even if I believe you never really left. I feel this team is absolutely capable of a championship run. The defense is the best in the nfl over the past seven weeks. The offense is very close to clicking as Marvin Jones gets acclimated. And everyone seems to forget about special teams, clearly a big strength.

There are rumblings out of New England that since the Colts have nothing to gain, and will likely get rolled by the Texans that they may throw the fins game to get the colts in Rd 1, but disguise it as "getting their guys healthy". If I'm not mistaken, Bellicheck has done this before.

Regardless, I was hoping a win over New England would propel them to an AFC Championship game against Denver. I think in the cold, after a 18 week season, Manning would be ripe for the upset.

The team is talented enough, healthy (x knocks on head), and hungry. The mental hurdle of the Pitt game only makes them that much more confident.

Only I don't see them playing SF. Unless Justin Smith comes back healthy' they are in real trouble. Seattle is rolling, but if Sherman does get suspended, as he should, then they pose the biggest threat from the NFC west. No one really likes Atlanta, but I think home field throughout is pretty important to them, and I wouldnt count them out, especially if Sherman is gone.

I am so excited about this season. I love the character of this team.
__________________
The year we have been waiting for: 2014 Bengals
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.