Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 08-02-2012, 07:11 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2466
Default Re: At last we will reveal ourselves to NFL. At last we will have revenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
We thought the Bengals were back a few times in the Marvin Lewis era already...

While I think we could have a really good season, we still do have warning signs that could derail our season.
Every team does.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:13 PM
VIP Silver Member

Default Re: At last we will reveal ourselves to NFL. At last we will have revenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalTrucker View Post
I expect this team to win the AFCN and be in the AFC Championship game. From there it is anyone's game, depending on who shows up ready to play.
Nobody expected the 4-11 Bengals to go to Miami the following season either. Of course, this is no crap 4-11 team either.

This is a team of destiny. They have the talent and desire. It's time...
Old 08-02-2012, 07:19 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utts View Post
Nobody expected the 4-11 Bengals to go to Miami the following season either. Of course, this is no crap 4-11 team either.

I like the new positive you.

"I do solemnly swear to Protect and Defend the Consitution of the United States of America Against All Enemies Foereign and Domestic."
We swear to Protect and Defend a Consitution not a party, or a president
Old 08-02-2012, 07:59 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5780

Quote:
That's a bit of an exaggeration, but I certainly have never predicted a Super Bowl victory.

As for the haters... when the last piece of confetti has been swept off Fountain Square, and Andy Dalton flys off to Disney World - let's revisit this thread so you can honor me and my prophecy.
If you're right, you look like a genius. If you're wrong, no one will remember. It's a win-win for you.

Let's make it interesting. If we are AFC Champs at the end of this (the 2012-13 season), I will gladly buy you the jersey of your choice and change my sig to whatever you want for a year following our Super Bowl appearance.

If you are wrong (and we do not play in the 2013 Super Bowl), you can buy me a jersey, no sig change required. I offer this wager, not as a hater, but as someone who desperately wants to be wrong.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:00 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1649

Quote:

Let´s slow down.....nobody expected the 2009 Bengals (10-6) will drop to 4-12 in 2010.....

I expect a very good season, but Dalton is still in his learning curve. Yes, they have enormous talent, let's see if they can explode it well.

Who dey!!!!!!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...ders-Greg-Cook

"Get Up, Timmy!".............
Sam Wyche to Tim Krumrie.
January 22, 1989
SB XXIII
Old 08-02-2012, 09:07 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1835

Dno baby!
Old 08-03-2012, 03:51 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 37221

Quote:
That's because this is my first prediction of this nature dip****e.
Lulz. You bragged about your "dire prediction" accuracy and how "no one wanted to hear it".

You're just one of many who usually find ways to be negative in their outlook and short of a title, all of your type can claim that they were "usually right".

Not a difficult feat to pull off really.
#1 seed in playoffs.
That's gonna happen.

The Patriots, Steelers and
Giants got fat while the Bengals
starved in the streets. It's our turn.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:53 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer76 View Post

Let´s slow down.....nobody expected the 2009 Bengals (10-6) will drop to 4-12 in 2010.....

I expect a very good season, but Dalton is still in his learning curve. Yes, they have enormous talent, let's see if they can explode it well.

Who dey!!!!!!
Dalton will not miss, I am entirely convinced of it. The kid is a baller.
#1 seed in playoffs.
That's gonna happen.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:41 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1649

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagehenry54 View Post
Dalton will not miss, I am entirely convinced of it. The kid is a baller.

I hope so too, but he's about to start just his second year. Still a long way to go.

Who Dey!!!!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...ders-Greg-Cook

"Get Up, Timmy!".............
Sam Wyche to Tim Krumrie.
January 22, 1989
SB XXIII
Old 08-04-2012, 12:52 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer76 View Post

I hope so too, but he's about to start just his second year. Still a long way to go.

Who Dey!!!!
He's a gamer, a hard worker, good arm, good accuracy, makes good reads, gets it out on time, takes care of the ball.....The only thing he showed a tendency to do that I didn't like was get prematurely antsy in the pocket but I view that as a fairly minor flaw in his game all things considered.

He's got guys that either already are of have shown they probably will be studs at WR (Green) TE (Gresh) and in the slot (Shipley). Plus he has several other young WRs (Sanu, Hawkins, Whalen, Binns) that I believe will compliment Green well.

Will. Not. Miss.

Whodey baby!!!
#1 seed in playoffs.
That's gonna happen.

Old 08-04-2012, 04:43 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
You're just one of many who usually find ways to be negative in their outlook and short of a title, all of your type can claim that they were "usually right".
Find ways to be negative? You really didn't have to look too hard during the era I as referring to. The franchise was widely regarded as the worst in professional sports.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:33 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Find ways to be negative? You really didn't have to look too hard during the era I as referring to. The franchise was widely regarded as the worst in professional sports.
In the nineties, yea, the seven years this board has been around not so much.
#1 seed in playoffs.
That's gonna happen.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:48 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 18974

Quote:

So very true Utts !

If you look closely back through the years, few in the general public ever really expected the eventual Super Bowl Champ to be who it was. Just look at the Giants this past season ! The Packers from the year before, the 05 Steelers, the 01 Patriots, there are many examples.

If we get that 1st playoff win this season anything can happen. Because then it's who's healthy, who's hungry, and who has a little luck sprinkled in.

It can be us ! Who Dey
Old 08-04-2012, 10:07 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3730

Quote:
I've been called a lot of things since 1982, the year I saw my first Bengals game in person at the Pontiac Silverdome. I was a young kid back then, and despite the fact they lost that day - the Benglas were my team for life.

Since the 1990's, I've been labeled a "hater" and "fed-up" around here, and occasionally much worse than that. If you compare my dire predictions to what actually happened I was right most of the time, but many of you didn't want honest predictions - you just wanted everybody to shout "Who Dey" in spite of the atrocities being committed on the riverfront. In any event, it's great to find ourselves in a time when "Die Hard" and "Fed-up" are no longer part of the lexicon here. I suspect most of the noobs here aren't familiar with the terms at all.

Enough rambling... I'm about to do something I've never done, at least not with a straight face. I am here to tell you the Bengals will represent the AFC in New Orleans. The defense is going to punish people this year, and the offense will do just enough to close the deal.

Their opponent? The San Francisco 49ers, but this time we get our revenge. Joe Montana is in Montana for all we know, forget about last minute heroics. The Bengals will play 4-Quarters of old fashioned violent AFC North football, and lift the Lombardi trophy above their heads in victory.

Some of you will see this post as a sign of the apocalypse, others will realize that these words are a harbinger of the great victories to come.

God bless America. God bless the Cincinnati Bengals. F the Steelers, F the Ravens, and WHO DEY.
Good to see you back, Utts! I remember you from the early AOL post boards (dating myself a bit there). I agree that this could be the season. Depth across virtually all key position groups, strong talent in the trenches, and a team-first attitude. For some reason, however, I have a sneaky suspicion that this year's opponent will be the Chicago Bears.

I know everyone is saying 49ers and Packers, but I like what the Bears have done and I think they feel like they have some unfinished business from last year after Cutler's injury. They were really looking good right before that happened.

Frankly, I don't care who the opponent is....I would just be pumped for them to win it all.

To get there, they need that first round bye and, God willing, home field throughout. The one team I don't like from a matchup standpoint is the Patriots in Foxboro. They seem to destroy teams in bad weather and at home. The Bengals have, by far, a much tougher schedule on paper. I can't help but think all those games they lost because they couldn't get in the endzone on first and goal from the 5, orconvert on third and two, will be a different story this season with BJGE running behind Zeitler and Wharton as opposed to the horrible inside running game of last year.

Who-Dey!
Old 08-04-2012, 03:02 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
In the nineties, yea, the seven years this board has been around not so much.
Many of us here have been on 3 or 4 boards over the years, before the Bengals established their own.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:24 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 481

Nice post but we might only win 4 games this year. You never know what the Bengals are going to do from year to year (except of course during the mid 90's).

Sure would be nice though to make it to the Super Bowl and win it this time.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:49 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 8703

Quote:
Every team does.
Yeah...except this team leads the NFL in longest playoff winless drought.

They have to prove it on the field before I annoint them as a team of destiny.

You'd think that we won the Super Bowl last year the way some fans talk. We went 9-7.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:16 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
You'd think that we won the Super Bowl last year the way some fans talk. We went 9-7.
We went 9-7 with a young roster and a rookie OC and QB. On top of that, they didn't have the normal preparation time. We're coming off what appears to be a great draft, and have a super talented young squad that is hungry and plays together. We have great coordinators and a fine head coach too.

This is the best team we've had in Cincinnati since the last Super Bowl appearance, and I happen to think this team will be even better. The defense will be significantly better, and the offense will be good enough to close the deal.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:07 AM
VIP Silver Member

Getting closer...
Old 12-26-2012, 09:09 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1681
bengals Re: At last we will reveal ourselves to NFL. At last we will have revenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHRacerX View Post
Good to see you back, Utts! I remember you from the early AOL post boards (dating myself a bit there). I agree that this could be the season. Depth across virtually all key position groups, strong talent in the trenches, and a team-first attitude. For some reason, however, I have a sneaky suspicion that this year's opponent will be the Chicago Bears.

I know everyone is saying 49ers and Packers, but I like what the Bears have done and I think they feel like they have some unfinished business from last year after Cutler's injury. They were really looking good right before that happened.

Frankly, I don't care who the opponent is....I would just be pumped for them to win it all.

To get there, they need that first round bye and, God willing, home field throughout. The one team I don't like from a matchup standpoint is the Patriots in Foxboro. They seem to destroy teams in bad weather and at home. The Bengals have, by far, a much tougher schedule on paper. I can't help but think all those games they lost because they couldn't get in the endzone on first and goal from the 5, orconvert on third and two, will be a different story this season with BJGE running behind Zeitler and Wharton as opposed to the horrible inside running game of last year.

Who-Dey!
i love your predictions and lets hope and pray you are right. i have been a fan since they formed the team in 1968, 44 years. i have seen everything you can imagine, believe that. i had 4 season tickets in the corner of the endzone all through the 90's.here is my concern. i so want this team to get it done this year, but being let down SO MANY TIMES, it appears like this is such an uphill battle to complete. one of the reasons i say that is the way they are winning. this team i do not believe that the offense has put a 30 point win on anybody. that is a huge concern, as the pats, the broncos have. i know our defense is playing lights out, but when you get to the playoffs the great qbs will know how to stop alot of that.to win in the big show, you MUST SCORE POINTS.so if that happens we will be okay. i just feel like we need a better running game to be more balanced, a better 0-line to protect andy and ect.i am just concerned we are still not a complete team. without this defense, we would'nt even be talking playoffs.our offense HAS TO GET BETTER.will it? a big big maybe.now do not take this as a negative. i am just breaking down what we need to do to win now.i so want them to get it done.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:49 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3730

Quote:
I've been called a lot of things since 1982, the year I saw my first Bengals game in person at the Pontiac Silverdome. I was a young kid back then, and despite the fact they lost that day - the Benglas were my team for life.

Since the 1990's, I've been labeled a "hater" and "fed-up" around here, and occasionally much worse than that. If you compare my dire predictions to what actually happened I was right most of the time, but many of you didn't want honest predictions - you just wanted everybody to shout "Who Dey" in spite of the atrocities being committed on the riverfront. In any event, it's great to find ourselves in a time when "Die Hard" and "Fed-up" are no longer part of the lexicon here. I suspect most of the noobs here aren't familiar with the terms at all.

Enough rambling... I'm about to do something I've never done, at least not with a straight face. I am here to tell you the Bengals will represent the AFC in New Orleans. The defense is going to punish people this year, and the offense will do just enough to close the deal.

Their opponent? The San Francisco 49ers, but this time we get our revenge. Joe Montana is in Montana for all we know, forget about last minute heroics. The Bengals will play 4-Quarters of old fashioned violent AFC North football, and lift the Lombardi trophy above their heads in victory.

Some of you will see this post as a sign of the apocalypse, others will realize that these words are a harbinger of the great victories to come.

God bless America. God bless the Cincinnati Bengals. F the Steelers, F the Ravens, and WHO DEY.
Love to have you back, even if I believe you never really left. I feel this team is absolutely capable of a championship run. The defense is the best in the nfl over the past seven weeks. The offense is very close to clicking as Marvin Jones gets acclimated. And everyone seems to forget about special teams, clearly a big strength.

There are rumblings out of New England that since the Colts have nothing to gain, and will likely get rolled by the Texans that they may throw the fins game to get the colts in Rd 1, but disguise it as "getting their guys healthy". If I'm not mistaken, Bellicheck has done this before.

Regardless, I was hoping a win over New England would propel them to an AFC Championship game against Denver. I think in the cold, after a 18 week season, Manning would be ripe for the upset.

The team is talented enough, healthy (x knocks on head), and hungry. The mental hurdle of the Pitt game only makes them that much more confident.

Only I don't see them playing SF. Unless Justin Smith comes back healthy' they are in real trouble. Seattle is rolling, but if Sherman does get suspended, as he should, then they pose the biggest threat from the NFC west. No one really likes Atlanta, but I think home field throughout is pretty important to them, and I wouldnt count them out, especially if Sherman is gone.

I am so excited about this season. I love the character of this team.