Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:56 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1774
Default Re: 1:09 Left in the half with 2 timeouts what do you do?

Ok I've read through this thread and have a lot to say so bear with me.

A. To anyone who says "we won get over it," **** you. That is an absolute terrible attitude. Teams need to look to improve every week, regardless of a win or a loss. If after ever win everyone said "yay we won, hmm must've been a great game!" they would get nowhere. If the OP made a thread about how awful the run game was would you have been here saying, "nope we won the run game must've been decent, get over it?" This is a legitimate gripe a fan had with the coaching.

B. I cannot believe that most everyone agrees with Marvin on this call? Almost any team would attempt to put up 3 points in that situation. When I saw my family these past few days they were all as upset as I was when we just laid down.

C. Whether we would have gotten it or not, the 4th&22 was stupid. I said it was stupid the moment Andy walked on the field and still do. Terrible call. If he got it I would be hear saying WOW AMAZING PLAY, but still a ****ing terrible call no doubt. Teams only gamble like that when they need to to win or stay afloat in games. Thats not a risk you take with a lead and that much time on the clock. Yeah yeah yeah Marvin gets blasted for not going for the throat, but this was just overkill. Going for the throat, logically, means go for it on 4th&5 or passing the ball in the 4th. Not that. Way to stupid.

D. To all the "I bet if we made that 4th down you would all be singing Marvin's praise." WRONG. Still stupid. I bet if we lost that game by 3 points or in OT everyone would be saying how we possibly left points up on the board with that ***** calling before the half. People would be saying how we have a chance to go into the locker room up by two scores, showed them we were the bullies, etc. No matter how you spin it the 4th was stupid, and the end of the half was as well.

E. If anyone thinks the 56 yard field goal was a good call..... Leave, forever.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:51 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 9231

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRager View Post
Ok I've read through this thread and have a lot to say so bear with me.

A. To anyone who says "we won get over it," **** you. That is an absolute terrible attitude. Teams need to look to improve every week, regardless of a win or a loss. If after ever win everyone said "yay we won, hmm must've been a great game!" they would get nowhere. If the OP made a thread about how awful the run game was would you have been here saying, "nope we won the run game must've been decent, get over it?" This is a legitimate gripe a fan had with the coaching.

B. I cannot believe that most everyone agrees with Marvin on this call? Almost any team would attempt to put up 3 points in that situation. When I saw my family these past few days they were all as upset as I was when we just laid down.

C. Whether we would have gotten it or not, the 4th&22 was stupid. I said it was stupid the moment Andy walked on the field and still do. Terrible call. If he got it I would be hear saying WOW AMAZING PLAY, but still a ****ing terrible call no doubt. Teams only gamble like that when they need to to win or stay afloat in games. Thats not a risk you take with a lead and that much time on the clock. Yeah yeah yeah Marvin gets blasted for not going for the throat, but this was just overkill. Going for the throat, logically, means go for it on 4th&5 or passing the ball in the 4th. Not that. Way to stupid.

D. To all the "I bet if we made that 4th down you would all be singing Marvin's praise." WRONG. Still stupid. I bet if we lost that game by 3 points or in OT everyone would be saying how we possibly left points up on the board with that ***** calling before the half. People would be saying how we have a chance to go into the locker room up by two scores, showed them we were the bullies, etc. No matter how you spin it the 4th was stupid, and the end of the half was as well.

Yep, because b--chin' on a message board helps the team improve.

How are you not a head coach in the NFL with all the wisodm you possess?

BTW - I'm happy and loving the year we're having. Sorry you're so angry and bitter and devestated by our success. You really are to be pittied.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:50 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 49879

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabo614 View Post
See people "like him" dont get it,,,they just say "let it go we won" what they dont realize is we should have lost that game do to the coaching and we lucked out, especially that their kicker missed that FG.

But the big elephant still remains in the room which will hinder this team and that is our HC.

Who in the hell goes for it on 4th and 22 when they have the lead????????

This coach discust me and if any of you think we will ever make a serious playoff run with him then i want a sample of the drugs you smoke.
The people who always hated on Marvin said that his won lost record was all they needed. Just look at his record, they said. Now he wins and they still want to rip on him. So is the won loss record tha only way to judge a coach or not?

Marvin made the same decision that Super Bowl Champions coach Tomlin did, but Marvin was stupid to do it? If Marvin is making the sme decisions as Tomlin then why would it be impossible for us to make a playoff run?
Old 12-26-2012, 02:52 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:

B. I cannot believe that most everyone agrees with Marvin on this call? Almost any team would attempt to put up 3 points in that situation. When I saw my family these past few days they were all as upset as I was when we just laid down. .
It was the right call. No one cares what your family thought.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:52 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:

What do you think about Tomlin's decision to try a long FG just like Marvin?
Old 12-26-2012, 04:29 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
What do you think about Tomlin's decision to try a long FG just like Marvin?
Obviously I disagree with it....
Old 12-26-2012, 04:31 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
It was the right call. No one cares what your family thought.
Just offering some insight from people who don't post on here. Sometimes its good to get opinions from other places.... You should try it
Old 12-26-2012, 04:35 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18081

Smart play.

On the road and a huge game, no need to take chances when there is no need. Had we thrown a pick and gave up 6 or even a FG; then we lose in regulation.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:49 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalChris View Post
Team was out of sorts and needed to regroup = Run out the clock and regroup at half time rather than risk a turnover deep in your own end.

You did know that this game was in Pitt, correct?

Marvin made the right call.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:33 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 30569

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
The evidence points to no
exactly we werent moving the ball with ease out there... every drive for both teams was like an uphill climb in waist deep mudd...

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry