Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:56 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7773
Default Re: Mock drafts have us...

Bengals definitely need to re-ink MJ on the dotted line.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:10 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8509

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cards View Post
Bengals definitely need to re-ink MJ on the dotted line.
Couldn't agree more! MJ and Andre MUST be resigned. Two very important FAs! I don't think Rey is too far behind either. That '09 draft has looked good this year; especially over the second half!
Old 12-26-2012, 02:19 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3463

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bech72 View Post
Couldn't agree more! MJ and Andre MUST be resigned. Two very important FAs! I don't think Rey is too far behind either. That '09 draft has looked good this year; especially over the second half!
What happens WHEN A. Smith demands a contract for more than he is worth? Everyone keeps talking about MJ demanding more but no one seems to remember how Smith was a holdout because he felt he should be paid more than what he was worth.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:37 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1237

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
What happens WHEN A. Smith demands a contract for more than he is worth? Everyone keeps talking about MJ demanding more but no one seems to remember how Smith was a holdout because he felt he should be paid more than what he was worth.
I think he has been humbled with his laziness and injurys. Watching him in interviews and hearing what other people say it sounds like he is a changed man and seems like a good guy. Hopefully we can re-sign him though.

And i feel like when people dont really know what a team is going to pick they put DEs there since there are always so many. I remember last year the same thing happened until it got closer to the draft.

I think D-line is fine and is easily the strongest position so it would be silly to draft a DE in the first there when safety, lb, RB are bigger needs. If we lose MJ then we can sign someone else or draft one after the first.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:49 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1334

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincIndy View Post
Why does every mock draft I see by the "experts" have us picking a pass rushing DE in the first round?

With Dunlap and Atkins we are good. Even if we let MJ walk, which I hope we do not, I don't think DE is our #1 need. Something maybe C, RB, S would be priority over DE.

Thoughts? I don't live in Cincy area so I don't get to see all games so maybe I'm wrong..
I'm with you 100%. I feel we need the same position help as you. Sure, the DE position can be improved upon with a #1 pick even if MJ stays, but it can not be improved as much as the Safety, OLB or RB positions can be. I can only imagine how good our defense would be if we had a top notch Safety back there patrolling CF and an impact OLB that spent alot of time in the backfield and taking away the TE from other teams' passing games.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:51 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1334

Quote:
I would say we screwed up by not trusting in what we saw in the guy when we drafted him. He had a foot injury that didn't allow him to work out then. He's one of the better RTs in the NFL and if we lose him, we must dedicate a high 1st rd pick to replace him. They better not BS around with this guy. Make him happy and get him signed before he starts hearingoffers or seeing what other top guys are demanding.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:07 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9673

If Andre Smith leaves, Bengals don't really have many prospects that are worth a 1st rounder, if any at all. Maybe Eric Fisher, but I could see him going before the Bengals pick.

That's why I think Smith is a bigger priority than Johnson. While I like Johnson, then Bengals can still get a good DE with their first pick

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 12-27-2012, 03:38 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2591

I hate these discussions before FA is complete. Too hypothetical. Nevertheless, I WANT that freakin' Margus Hunt Estonian disc-throwing neck-bearded caveman in our rotation.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:14 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 212

DE is always a need. You can never have 2 may pass rushers. We are ok at C with Cook and Robinson and S is not a 1st round need. I prefer a LB or DE in the first.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:08 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 296

Quote:
Originally Posted by benny44 View Post
DE is always a need. You can never have 2 may pass rushers. We are ok at C with Cook and Robinson and S is not a 1st round need. I prefer a LB or DE in the first.

yes yes and yes!!!
Old 12-27-2012, 10:59 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6261

Quote:
Anthony Collins would take over the RT position.

LT: Whit/TBD
LG: Boling/Wharton
C: Robinson/Cook
RG: Zeitler
RT: Collins/TBD