Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 12-20-2012, 09:23 AM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 35,558
Rep Points: 35433
Default Re: septic tank question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrinaAnn View Post
LOL, I keep thinking above $6000 and it might as well be 100,000,000,000,000 dollars. :(
Yeah it gets expensive because they have to rent a back hoe to dig a hole (which destroys your yard)

I havent had it done i just remember when it happened to my aunt and uncle....

If you end up having to have it all replaced just make sure to ask what you can do to help prevent problems in the future. ***** you inherited this problem.

Good Luck and hope all turns out the best.

its a ****ty thing to deal with around christmas
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-26-2012, 02:05 PM
TrinaAnn's Avatar
TrinaAnn TrinaAnn is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: no one knows
Posts: 6,915
Rep Points: 42163
Default Re: septic tank question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
Yeah it gets expensive because they have to rent a back hoe to dig a hole (which destroys your yard)

I havent had it done i just remember when it happened to my aunt and uncle....

If you end up having to have it all replaced just make sure to ask what you can do to help prevent problems in the future. ***** you inherited this problem.

Good Luck and hope all turns out the best.

its a ****ty thing to deal with around christmas
It was full, so I had it pumped. . He says the unit looks good though, after they pumped the tank they put some sort camera to see if they can find any clogs. nope.

so fingers crossed, we are good to go!


I tipped the guys that came out, they looked surprised, you are suppose to tip right?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-26-2012, 02:22 PM
Helldog's Avatar
Helldog Helldog is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: paradise
Posts: 4,236
Rep Points: 7177
Default Re: septic tank question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrinaAnn View Post
It was full, so I had it pumped. . He says the unit looks good though, after they pumped the tank they put some sort camera to see if they can find any clogs. nope.

so fingers crossed, we are good to go!


I tipped the guys that came out, they looked surprised, you are suppose to tip right?
Should we on the lookout for "Pumping The Tank 7"?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-22-2013, 09:06 AM
TrinaAnn's Avatar
TrinaAnn TrinaAnn is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: no one knows
Posts: 6,915
Rep Points: 42163
Default Re: septic tank question.

Well in case you all were thinking life *****, hahahaha, just take a seat will you. Well the septic tank problems just cost me 8 g's, oh and my furnace just died Sunday in -20 degree weather, so add another 4 grand to that total.


Thought I was going to be credit card debt free, not anymore. :( I think I might have bought a money pit house.



On the bright side, brand new septic system and brand new furnace, should last me a long while if not my rest of my life.


Just waiting for my roof to now start to leak, hahahaha I hope I just didn't jinx myself.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-22-2013, 09:10 AM
Bengalzona's Avatar
Bengalzona Bengalzona is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Petting L'il Sebastian
Posts: 24,789
Rep Points: 78621
Default Re: septic tank question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrinaAnn View Post
Well in case you all were thinking life *****, hahahaha, just take a seat will you. Well the septic tank problems just cost me 8 g's, oh and my furnace just died Sunday in -20 degree weather, so add another 4 grand to that total.


Thought I was going to be credit card debt free, not anymore. :( I think I might have bought a money pit house.



On the bright side, brand new septic system and brand new furnace, should last me a long while if not my rest of my life.


Just waiting for my roof to now start to leak, hahahaha I hope I just didn't jinx myself.
Four grand for a furnace? Yikes! That sounds a little bit much.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 01-22-2013, 09:22 AM
fredtoast's Avatar
fredtoast fredtoast is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Scenic East Tennessee
Posts: 48,405
Rep Points: 53159
Default Re: septic tank question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrinaAnn View Post
Well in case you all were thinking life *****, hahahaha, just take a seat will you. Well the septic tank problems just cost me 8 g's, oh and my furnace just died Sunday in -20 degree weather, so add another 4 grand to that total.


Thought I was going to be credit card debt free, not anymore. :( I think I might have bought a money pit house.



On the bright side, brand new septic system and brand new furnace, should last me a long while if not my rest of my life.


Just waiting for my roof to now start to leak, hahahaha I hope I just didn't jinx myself.
What was the deal with the septic tank? I thought everything was okay.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-22-2013, 09:31 AM
Helldog's Avatar
Helldog Helldog is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: paradise
Posts: 4,236
Rep Points: 7177
Default Re: septic tank question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrinaAnn View Post
Well in case you all were thinking life *****, hahahaha, just take a seat will you. Well the septic tank problems just cost me 8 g's, oh and my furnace just died Sunday in -20 degree weather, so add another 4 grand to that total.


Thought I was going to be credit card debt free, not anymore. :( I think I might have bought a money pit house.



On the bright side, brand new septic system and brand new furnace, should last me a long while if not my rest of my life.


Just waiting for my roof to now start to leak, hahahaha I hope I just didn't jinx myself.

That's barely above a quarter, come on.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-22-2013, 10:00 AM
TrinaAnn's Avatar
TrinaAnn TrinaAnn is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: no one knows
Posts: 6,915
Rep Points: 42163
Default Re: septic tank question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
What was the deal with the septic tank? I thought everything was okay.
The drain field is no good, not even put in right. The pipes where clogged and busted apart. 3 Grand for the new pipes and the rest for soil testing and for removing the contaminated soil and new soil being brought in.

The company only charged us half what they normally do. I reminded him of his daughter, and my hubby is away on military duty, so they felt bad for me. Plus he saw that I was a Bengals fan, so I he understood my pain, as he is a Detroit fan. Thank God for him helping us out like that and for the abnormally warm weather that week so they could dig out the soil.

You know, I haven't even called state Farm, I will go crazy if all this was covered under my plan and I just paid out of pocket. arrrggggh.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-22-2013, 10:04 AM
TrinaAnn's Avatar
TrinaAnn TrinaAnn is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: no one knows
Posts: 6,915
Rep Points: 42163
Default Re: septic tank question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalzona View Post
Four grand for a furnace? Yikes! That sounds a little bit much.
It's a oil furnace, and I had them rush ship it to the frozen tundra that I live in. I live in the boonies, no towns for an hour. No big towns till 2 hours away, in Gaylord. But yeah, I probably got ripped offed. The only other company is an hour away, and they couldn't get me a new furnace till next Sunday, and they were going to charge me 3400. I am paying 3800 with labor and install included.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-22-2013, 10:30 AM
Bengalzona's Avatar
Bengalzona Bengalzona is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Petting L'il Sebastian
Posts: 24,789
Rep Points: 78621
Default Re: septic tank question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrinaAnn View Post
It's a oil furnace, and I had them rush ship it to the frozen tundra that I live in. I live in the boonies, no towns for an hour. No big towns till 2 hours away, in Gaylord. But yeah, I probably got ripped offed. The only other company is an hour away, and they couldn't get me a new furnace till next Sunday, and they were going to charge me 3400. I am paying 3800 with labor and install included.
Ah!

That pricing makes a little more sense. But it still stinks that you have to go through this right now.

I remember my furnace went out on Christmas Eve about 10 years ago. I was living in Dayton at that time and it was downright cold that night! It was shortly after my divorce and my pet cat died earlier that day. Man... that was a low point!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-22-2013, 10:30 AM
fredtoast's Avatar
fredtoast fredtoast is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Scenic East Tennessee
Posts: 48,405
Rep Points: 53159
Default Re: septic tank question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrinaAnn View Post
You know, I haven't even called state Farm, I will go crazy if all this was covered under my plan and I just paid out of pocket. arrrggggh.
If you bought the house within the last year they may also be some sort of warranty from the seller. My ex-wife got her AC unit replaced under a sellers warranty.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-22-2013, 11:06 AM
TrinaAnn's Avatar
TrinaAnn TrinaAnn is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: no one knows
Posts: 6,915
Rep Points: 42163
Default Re: septic tank question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
If you bought the house within the last year they may also be some sort of warranty from the seller. My ex-wife got her AC unit replaced under a sellers warranty.
I bought this house a year and 3 months ago.


-14 right now, wild chill -30 in the Soo right now. My Furnace is still not in yet, I honesty want to cry. Thank goodness for my Wood stove, keeping us warm!!!!
__________________

Last edited by TrinaAnn; 01-22-2013 at 11:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-22-2013, 11:20 AM
TrinaAnn's Avatar
TrinaAnn TrinaAnn is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: no one knows
Posts: 6,915
Rep Points: 42163
Default Re: septic tank question.

I can't make this up, I got five giant electric trucks just pulled into my circle farm drive. They said the Electric is going to be off for a while, since the cold and ice has damaged power lines down the way.

Asked me if it was ok to park in my drive, yeah no problem. So, no Furnace and now no electric. hahahahahahahaha bwahahahaha sob sob sob


I am just going to take pictures of this, cause nobody is going to believe my luck. I honesty felt the breath freeze in my lungs, when I went out to talk to them. -30 baby whhoohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-22-2013, 11:37 AM
Carp's Avatar
Carp Carp is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Down by the River
Posts: 2,981
Rep Points: 11248
Default Re: septic tank question.

During moments like this, just keep thinking how good it will all feel when up and running proper.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-22-2013, 11:50 AM
TrinaAnn's Avatar
TrinaAnn TrinaAnn is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: no one knows
Posts: 6,915
Rep Points: 42163
Default Re: septic tank question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carp View Post
During moments like this, just keep thinking how good it will all feel when up and running proper.
You just posted this, and my new Furnace has just arrived. I shall have heat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh happy day!
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
pumping the tank


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.