Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Bengals versus....

Bengals versus.... A forum for visiting fans to partake in conversations with Bengals fans about upcoming games or the Bengals in general. Please leave the trash talk in the Smack Talk subforum below. Formerly the Game Day subforum (Game Day threads remain here).

Old 12-23-2012, 05:51 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1165
Default Pacman Almost Won The Game

Actually a lot of players almost won the game today.
How about Carlos Dunlop blocked pass and almost caught it?

Pacman stood out the most.
1 holding call from sticking in everyone's mind.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:52 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 789
Default Re: Pacman Almost Won The Game

Yep, we left a ton of points on the board again. How come we keep doing this?

I know we're young so we make some mistakes. Coaching made some major mistakes today (4th and 22, go for it instead of 51 yard FG). I think marvin lewis needs to be fired even though we made the playoffs.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:53 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2423

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManBand View Post
Actually a lot of players almost won the game today.
How about Carlos Dunlop blocked pass and almost caught it?

Pacman stood out the most.
1 holding call from sticking in everyone's mind.
He also gave up an easy TD which stuck in my mind.

Reggie Nelson, Andy Dalton, AJ Green and Josh Brown won us this game in the end, the Defense kept us alive the entire game, guess you could say Leon Hall was huge since he got our only TD.

Edit : I just wanna throw out a LOL after reading the comment above mine, yea lets fire the guy for making the playoffs because he won an ugly game against the #1 D in the league, sure some bad decisions but come on man.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:56 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2123

I think ultimately the D won this as a unit. We were lights out against both the pass and the run really. They put the O in a position where they didnt need to make that many plays to win. Fortunately Dalton made just enough to see us through.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:58 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1165

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones4980 View Post

Reggie Nelson, Andy Dalton, AJ Green and Josh Brown won us this game in the end, the Defense kept us alive the entire game, guess you could say Leon Hall was huge since he got our only TD.

Edit : I just wanna throw out a LOL after reading the comment above mine, yea lets fire the guy for making the playoffs because he won an ugly game against the #1 D in the league, sure some bad decisions but come on man.
Yeah... or he almost cost us the game is what I meant to say.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:00 PM
Banned

Quote:

Come on man?

You beat the #1 D in the league with horrible coaching. Sorry. This IMO explains how you live your life "satisfied" with not being the best. We should have been up 21-0 in the first half.

Marvin Lewis is not a good coach, he is actually holding us back, and we are in positions to LOSE the game because of him sometimes. The coach is not supposed to put us in positions to LOSE games.

The steelers aren't that good, you apparently haven't watched them enough this year. There's a reason they have 8 losses. Sorry. Marvin Lewis should be fired. You're saying he's good enough to take our team to the playoffs. We don't have enough talent. He's making bad decisions. It only takes 1 or 2 bad plays to lose a game - and we got away with mistakes all over this game and still won. Unacceptable way to win, satisfied with that, be satisfied with a first round loss. You're happy we made the playoffs - we need to win games. Did Palmer win a playoff game? I can't remember the last time we have.

"LOL" at your mediocrity. Accepting "some bad decisions" gets you nowhere. that 4th and 22 play was not gutsy; it was dumb (51 yard FG attempt). He proved his intelligence of that decision when we attempted the 56 yard FG afterwards.

You forgive people who make mistakes, admit them, and don't repeat them. Marvin lewis has put us in positions to lose several times this year and my mom makes better decisions and she doesn't even watch NFL. We have no mathematicians as coaches. They don't use statistics to drive their choices. They are Dumb.

Last edited by reuben.ahmed; 12-23-2012 at 06:03 PM.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:00 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManBand View Post
Yeah... or he almost cost us the game is what I meant to say.
I seen this before you edited, I was so confused.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:02 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben.ahmed View Post
Come on man?

You beat the #1 D in the league with horrible coaching. Sorry. This IMO explains how you live your life "satisfied" with not being the best. We should have been up 21-0 in the first half.

Marvin Lewis is not a good coach, he is actually holding us back, and we are in positions to LOSE the game because of him sometimes. The coach is not supposed to put us in positions to LOSE games.

The steelers aren't that good, you apparently haven't watched them enough this year. There's a reason they have 8 losses. Sorry. Marvin Lewis should be fired. You're saying he's good enough to take our team to the playoffs. We don't have enough talent. He's making bad decisions. It only takes 1 or 2 bad plays to lose a game - and we got a way with mistakes all over this game and still won. Unacceptable way to win, satisfied with that, be satisfied with a first round loss. You're happy we made the playoffs - we need to win games. Did Palmer win a playoff game? I can't remember the last time we have.

"LOL" at your mediocrity. Accepting "some bad decisions" gets you nowhere.
Alright you continue to whine like a ***** and ill enjoy the fact we beat the Steelers and clinched a spot in the playoffs.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:14 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2126

Quote:
Come on man?

The steelers aren't that good, you apparently haven't watched them enough this year. There's a reason they have 8 losses. Sorry. Marvin Lewis should be fired. You're saying he's good enough to take our team to the playoffs. We don't have enough talent. He's making bad decisions. It only takes 1 or 2 bad plays to lose a game - and we got away with mistakes all over this game and still won. Unacceptable way to win, satisfied with that, be satisfied with a first round loss. You're happy we made the playoffs - we need to win games. Did Palmer win a playoff game? I can't remember the last time we have.

"LOL" at your mediocrity. Accepting "some bad decisions" gets you nowhere. that 4th and 22 play was not gutsy; it was dumb (51 yard FG attempt). He proved his intelligence of that decision when we attempted the 56 yard FG afterwards.

You forgive people who make mistakes, admit them, and don't repeat them. Marvin lewis has put us in positions to lose several times this year and my mom makes better decisions and she doesn't even watch NFL. We have no mathematicians as coaches. They don't use statistics to drive their choices. They are Dumb.
How exactly did Lewis cause us to be up 10-7 instead of 21-0 in the first half? The players on the field didn't execute, that was the reason for the 10-7 half time score.

The time on the clock dictated going for it instead of kicking the 51 yarder and the same with kicking the 56. I don't see either as a bad decision, both put a lot of faith in a defense who has played out of their minds since the Denver loss. To me the game was well coached but the offense just didn't produce.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorobredbullies View Post
How exactly did Lewis cause us to be up 10-7 instead of 21-0 in the first half? The players on the field didn't execute, that was the reason for the 10-7 half time score.

The time on the clock dictated going for it instead of kicking the 51 yarder and the same with kicking the 56. I don't see either as a bad decision, both put a lot of faith in a defense who has played out of their minds since the Denver loss. To me the game was well coached but the offense just didn't produce.
Our defense is constantly bailing our offense out. It's kind of pathetic. I wish that we could just get a first down here or there, just to give our defense another minute to rest. It's really not fair to them. Sure, the offense didn't play very well at all - the steelers have the #1 D.

But that 4th and 22 to me is a boneheaded call. We leave points on the board every game this year. I don't think its acceptable for a coach to bring the team down, and lewis has made enough bad decisions this year that I have a problem with him.

Yes, sorry if that was misinterpreted. The players definitely should have had us up more in the first half. But I don't expect our coach to be making mistakes, but I guess it's OK to some of you. I expect a 22 year old to make boneheaded plays on the field.

Last edited by reuben.ahmed; 12-23-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Alright you continue to whine like a ***** and ill enjoy the fact we beat the Steelers and clinched a spot in the playoffs.
You missed the point. See, not to be a ****, but I can see how you live your life. Be satisfied with yourself son. I had my drink, we won. You celebrate, we're just fans anyway. You accept mediocrity, you will meet your definition of successful.

IMO, 2nd place is the 1st loser. I don't care if we lose in the playoffs. I want to win the superbowl!
Old 12-23-2012, 06:32 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
You missed the point. See, not to be a ****, but I can see how you live your life. Be satisfied with yourself son. I had my drink, we won. You celebrate, we're just fans anyway. You accept mediocrity, you will meet your definition of successful.

IMO, 2nd place is the 1st loser. I don't care if we lose in the playoffs. I want to win the superbowl!
The season starts over once the playoffs start so don't give me this 2nd is the 1st loser ********, its anybody's game in the playoffs, just look how many wildcard teams have won super bowls.

Btw how about you stop acting like you know how I live my life just because im happy the team im a fan of is going to the post season, your nothing but a pompous *** who thinks he knows more than he really does.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:34 PM
Banned

bengals Re: Pacman Almost Won The Game

Quote:
The season starts over once the playoffs start so don't give me this 2nd is the 1st loser ********, its anybody's game in the playoffs, just look how many wildcard teams have won super bowls.

Btw how about you stop acting like you know how I live my life just because im happy the team im a fan of is going to the post season, your nothing but a pompous *** who thinks he knows more than he really does.
blah blah blah. ignored. have a good day!
Old 12-23-2012, 06:38 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
blah blah blah. ignored. have a good day!
Gotta love it.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:39 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Our defense is constantly bailing our offense out. It's kind of pathetic. I wish that we could just get a first down here or there, just to give our defense another minute to rest. It's really not fair to them. Sure, the offense didn't play very well at all - the steelers have the #1 D.

But that 4th and 22 to me is a boneheaded call. We leave points on the board every game this year. I don't think its acceptable for a coach to bring the team down, and lewis has made enough bad decisions this year that I have a problem with him.

Yes, sorry if that was misinterpreted. The players definitely should have had us up more in the first half. But I don't expect our coach to be making mistakes, but I guess it's OK to some of you. I expect a 22 year old to make boneheaded plays on the field.
I give the offense a little bit of a pass, their whole offense is young Dalton is 25, AJ is 24, Marvin Jones is 22, Gresh is 24, Hawk is 26, Boling 23, Zeitler 22, Dre is 25 Robinson 22. With the exception of BGE(he is only 27) and Whitworth the whole offense is young and inexperienced we can't be expecting them to be dominating the league and playing like veterans. Now 2 years from now if this offense isn't improving we have something to worry about.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:41 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

We got to be honest with ourselves, this team has the pieces to win a super bowl.............in 2 years. They don't have the offensive consistency to win one this year, that's just a fact. Lets hope they can keep the pieces together while the offense develops.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:50 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorobredbullies View Post
We got to be honest with ourselves, this team has the pieces to win a super bowl.............in 2 years. They don't have the offensive consistency to win one this year, that's just a fact. Lets hope they can keep the pieces together while the offense develops.
No doubt, but like I said anything can happen in the playoffs. I just think its insane that we beat the Steelers to get into the playoffs and some fans cant do anything but complain and call for Marvin to be fired.

We have just made the playoffs 2 consecutive years for the first time in 30 years and they just cant be excited about it and instead decide to try and find everything they can to complain about. Me on the other hand im excited that we have the opportunity to pull off an upset or two in the playoffs, im sure there are plenty of other fans who would love to be where we are, including the Steelers.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:57 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 595

He almost lost the game today. ******* knuckleheads are never good to have on your team
Old 12-23-2012, 07:02 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
No doubt, but like I said anything can happen in the playoffs. I just think its insane that we beat the Steelers to get into the playoffs and some fans cant do anything but complain and call for Marvin to be fired.

We have just made the playoffs 2 consecutive years for the first time in 30 years and they just cant be excited about it and instead decide to try and find everything they can to complain about. Me on the other hand im excited that we have the opportunity to pull off an upset or two in the playoffs, im sure there are plenty of other fans who would love to be where we are, including the Steelers.
I too get tired of the constant complaining, Marvin has changed the mentality of the Bengals. Before him the Bengals were almost guaranteed to have a losing season. Now he's consistently put quality teams on the field that are almost always in the top half of the league. The positive thing is it is looking like we will be going into NE for the first round where we will be a projected double digit underdog, we will have 0 pressure and expectation. The team will be able to play loose, they will be able to go out there and play to win instead of playing not to lose. I wouldn't be surprised to see them give NE a run for their money. I would love to pull that one off and get another shot at Houston in the second round, they are playing about as bad as anyone right now.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:05 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16671

Marvin Lewis made several dumb calls today.
You always take the points, so going for it on 4th and 22 is pure stupid. The smart move is kick a field goal and take the 3 points, and put pressure on the Steelers.

The FG attempt at 56 yards was also a very dumb move. The smart move was punting, and pinning the Steelers deep in their end.

I will not go into the always running on 2nd and 1, one play action pass would have loosened up the D.

This team is winning dispite the coaches, this means the coaches need to go, if they want to win it all.

"I do solemnly swear to Protect and Defend the Consitution of the United States of America Against All Enemies Foereign and Domestic."
We swear to Protect and Defend a Consitution not a party, or a president
Old 12-26-2012, 04:02 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
He almost lost the game today. ******* knuckleheads are never good to have on your team
From what I read/heard, (sorry... no link/source), Nelson was supposed to be part of an all-out blitz but stopped halfway there. With that specific blitz/play call, Jones was primed to play the short route of the double move, expecting Ben to not have the time for a pump-fake/double move. Therefore he peeked on the pump-fake, giving Brown the only step he needed to 'burn' Jones deep.

It takes 11 players doing their job correctly. One player not executing can lead to a breakdown in the defense. However it's not always the player's fault that we think it is or the one closest to the play.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:39 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12921

Quote:

If you are talking about the TD given up, sorry that one is on Reggie.

Zimmer called a blitz and Reggie froze behind the d-line and waited 3 or 4 seconds to make a move. If he would have followed his assignment and blitzed like he should have or stayed over the top TD probably wouldn't happen.

That's on Reggie.

RUNNING TO THE JUNGLE '13
Old 12-26-2012, 07:45 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 368

Quote:
Yep, we left a ton of points on the board again. How come we keep doing this?

I know we're young so we make some mistakes. Coaching made some major mistakes today (4th and 22, go for it instead of 51 yard FG). I think marvin lewis needs to be fired even though we made the playoffs.
been to playoffs 3 out of last 4 years and we should fire our coach, how can you be serious or rational
Old 12-26-2012, 09:33 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrobo9 View Post
been to playoffs 3 out of last 4 years and we should fire our coach, how can you be serious or rational
A team can have success despite the efforts of its coach. The issue people are having is that our team seems to be winning in spite of Marvin's decisions, instead of because of them.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:02 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 368

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodey21 View Post
A team can have success despite the efforts of its coach. The issue people are having is that our team seems to be winning in spite of Marvin's decisions, instead of because of them.
and how can you prove that? so drafting AJ and Dalton was in spite of Marvin.. how about what he has done with Burfict...

also if your going to blame him for offense calls, you have praise him for some defense calls too.. you can;t have it just one way....

He has had success especially last two years... your rational just does not hold water...