Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Bengals versus....

Bengals versus.... A forum for visiting fans to partake in conversations with Bengals fans about upcoming games or the Bengals in general. Please leave the trash talk in the Smack Talk subforum below. Formerly the Game Day subforum (Game Day threads remain here).

Old 12-23-2012, 03:44 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 25797
Default Game manager.

10-10 with nine minutes left. Let's see how marvin does. I'm guessing we all know he usually struggles.
I've never hit a woman in my life, but I've seen on more than one occasion where violence was needed to bring unruly women under control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan4life27c View Post
Its not like flattened her with a closed fist. She was rudely bothering him for an autograph.She drilled him right in the eye with a full glass of beer as a natural reaction he got angry and smacked her hard. It could have and probably has happened to quite a few people
Old 12-23-2012, 04:03 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 25797
Default Re: Game manager.

Ugh...56 yard field goal not the decision I would make. Id rather punt or go for the first down than go for a three point lead at that point.
I've never hit a woman in my life, but I've seen on more than one occasion where violence was needed to bring unruly women under control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan4life27c View Post
Its not like flattened her with a closed fist. She was rudely bothering him for an autograph.She drilled him right in the eye with a full glass of beer as a natural reaction he got angry and smacked her hard. It could have and probably has happened to quite a few people
Old 12-23-2012, 04:04 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2804

What do you mean? Most groupies will claim that there isn't a better replacement out there.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:22 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16671

The passing up of a 51 yard FG moments before was stupid. 4th and 22 and you go for it, rather than kick the field goal. Stupid.

Then trying to kick a 56 yard fieldgoal with a kicker who has never came close, was even dumber.

The D and Reggie Nelson saved Marvin Lewis for being up for Dumbest Coach of the Year Award.

"I do solemnly swear to Protect and Defend the Consitution of the United States of America Against All Enemies Foereign and Domestic."
We swear to Protect and Defend a Consitution not a party, or a president
Old 12-23-2012, 09:40 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3250

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalTrucker View Post
The passing up of a 51 yard FG moments before was stupid. 4th and 22 and you go for it, rather than kick the field goal. Stupid.
I love the aggression but I agree bad call since points are at a serious premium against the Steelers.

Quote:
Then trying to kick a 56 yard fieldgoal with a kicker who has never came close, was even dumber.
Can't say I hate the call. According to the announcers he was making them in practice and he's been automatic for us so far. I can understand the call.

Quote:
The D and Reggie Nelson saved Marvin Lewis for being up for Dumbest Coach of the Year Award.
Dumbest coach of the year is a stretch. If it was 4th quarter the call would've been far more detrimental. Given the time it happened we had the opportunity to bounce back. Regardless I agree it was a bad situation to be aggressive in.

-The Rookie Connection-
Old 12-23-2012, 10:25 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1175

Quote:

That 4 and 22 was an inch away from being genius.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:30 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 66

In hind sight...............I dont have a problem with either call.........

Playing by the book doesnt always get the desired results...........there are times you have to go against the grain and try and SNATCH a victory out of nowhere. I liked the 4th and 22 alot less
Old 12-26-2012, 11:16 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 368

Quote:

i was at the game and Brown was kicking 50 yarders into the closed end but not the open end... i don;t disagree going for the field goal, Brown said he did not get a good kick on it and it was just a few yards short.. the 51 yarder would have been into the open end.... where i was sitting alot of wind. very doubtful we make it.. we were inches of completing the pass. really cut the Steelers flat on that play...

also great job on the coverage of steelers in last drive, have to give credit to marvin too..he is a defense coach first so you know he has had input on that.. and the players he has picked up like Nelson.. makes the play

finally.. great call on last play to setup winning field goal..

3 out of last 4 years made the playoffs.. what coach for us has done that through the years... got to love Marvin
Old 12-27-2012, 09:13 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10653

Quote:
Originally Posted by finso View Post
What do you mean? Most groupies will claim that there isn't a better replacement out there.
Reid, Whisenhunt > Lewis

Heck. There's even an inside man that would do better.

Zimmer.

But watch. He'll leave and show why the Bengals should have made him HC.

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!