Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-13-2012, 05:25 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7136
Default Re: Stuck with quarterback Andy Dalton

Mike, you do realize you're venting at a bot don't you?
Old 12-13-2012, 05:25 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelist View Post
This thread is silly indeed.

Andy is doing it with one reliable WR and a spotty running game. If you want a better gauge on Andy look at what happened when Sanu finally got significant snaps. Don't underestimate the impact something as mundane as a possession receiver can have on an offense.
^^^This^^^ Since When did a QB make an entire team?
Old 12-13-2012, 05:32 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelist View Post
Mike, you do realize you're venting at a bot don't you?
That's a terrible thing to say, Bots dont deserve to be compared to someone like that

It should qualify for handicapped parking with thoughts like that
Old 12-13-2012, 05:49 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20476

Quote:
Originally Posted by umkubas View Post
With the completion of Week 14 (game 13), quarterback Dalton has accumulated a 16-13 regular season record and a playoff loss, thus the reappearance of "Stuck with quarterback Andy Dalton". Quarterback Dalton exemplefies mediocrity.

His record of 0-3 against the Baltimore Ravens, 0-3 against the Pittsburgh Steelers, destructibve losses to the Houston Texans and Dallas Cowboys only amplifies the cry of medocrity.

With Alabama`s AJ McCarron remaing in college football and University of Southern California`s Matt Barkley receiving "a separated shoulder injury to his throwing shoulder " and hence very damaged goods, the only future left to break the Cincinnati Bengals out of the medocrity at the quarterback position would be the future drafting of University of Southern California quarterback Max Wittak.

The medocrity of quarterback Dalton would provide enough wins (a predicted 7-9 in 2012 and 6-10 in 2013 to keep the Cincinnati Bengals out of contention for Wittak hence the reappearance of "Stuck with Quarterback Andy Dalton".

I am still at work, and grumpy. So I will respond by simply saying that fans that think this way are absolute morons. No one knows how good he will end up like how the many fans thought Carson would end up being like a Brady or a Rodgers (not). But based on his work the first two years compared to countless number of really good QBs in their first two years in the league past and present, he has done a pretty darn good job.

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown
We did some good things today. - Marvin Lewis

Old 12-14-2012, 12:12 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1048

Hey umkubus, how's that prediction working out for ya?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-26-2012, 02:13 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7116

Oh, Umkubus!!!!!!!!! Where ya at buddy.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:18 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20784

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helldog View Post
Oh, Umkubus!!!!!!!!! Where ya at buddy.
He's under the counter charging so he can go vacuum the carpets
Old 12-26-2012, 02:30 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 294

lol umkubus. what a joke this dude is. has to be a closet steeler or ravens fan lurking in JN since '06. nothing he ever says is even coherent, or close to it.

plus his writing style really really annoys me. gtfo troll
Old 12-26-2012, 06:11 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2023

Quote:
It looks like the Cincinnati Bengals will be stuck with quarterback Andy Dalton til at least the 2013 National Football League draft (providing the Cincinnati Bengals finish the 2012 National Football League season 0-16, 1-15, 2-14, these records should assure of the number draft pick and the selection of Matt Barkley).

Quarterback Dalton has proved to the fans of the Cincinnati Bengals that average can excite and that mediocre (9-7 and a playoff loss) can promote the unrealistic talk of "elite: and "playoff wins".

My opinion that the Cincinnati Bengals should trade the 2 first round picks in 2012 and the first round pick in 2013 to Indianpolis for Andrew Luck is a strategy loaded with misconceptions. The first round pick is valued at 3000 points and pick 17 and 21 would only add up to about 1500 and the 2013 first round is up in the air, contolled by quarterback Dalton to a greate extent.

Even the trade with the St. Louis Rams for Robert Griffin III would be unrealistic given the value of the second pick (2800 - 2700).

So there is only one option but to fortify the positions that surround quarterback Dalton and hope that mediocre (a position that during the Coach Lewis era is standartd operating procedure) will placate the Bengal fans starved for a playoff win.
I'm a little disappointed when I saw that you are an ole timer just like me!! Come on fellow ole guy!! We've been around long enough to know that defense wins football games especially at playoff time.

Just take a look at the Baltimore Ravens and the 70s Steelers!!

Bradshaw NEVER started a whole season at QB in the 6 years that the Steelers won the 4 Super Bowls because Knoll was looking for his Johnny Unitas and trying to decide between Bradshaw, Hannratty, and Gilliam which one it was.

Bradshaw just got hot at playoff time and happened to be the QB with the Pitt defense!

The 2000 Ravens had a rotation of Tony Banks and Trent Dilfer!! (Not exactly Manning and Brady)

They also had the best single season defensive stats EVER!! (Marvin Lewis was the defensive coordinator by the way).
Old 12-26-2012, 07:01 PM
Veteran Member

With just one regular season game left the QB rankings show the following:

(Completion percentage, total yards, TDs, Int, Sacks, Rating)

12. Joe Flacco 59.8 3783 22 10 34 88.2

14. Andy Dalton 62.2 3591 26 16 44 87.0

This is Flacco's 5th year and Dalton's 2nd.

Explain to me, (rhetorical question), how Baltimore can dominate with a QB who has just a slight edge in stats over Dalton???
Old 12-26-2012, 07:10 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 62087

Quote:
It looks like the Cincinnati Bengals will be stuck with quarterback Andy Dalton til at least the 2013 National Football League draft (providing the Cincinnati Bengals finish the 2012 National Football League season 0-16, 1-15, 2-14, these records should assure of the number draft pick and the selection of Matt Barkley).

Quarterback Dalton has proved to the fans of the Cincinnati Bengals that average can excite and that mediocre (9-7 and a playoff loss) can promote the unrealistic talk of "elite: and "playoff wins".

My opinion that the Cincinnati Bengals should trade the 2 first round picks in 2012 and the first round pick in 2013 to Indianpolis for Andrew Luck is a strategy loaded with misconceptions. The first round pick is valued at 3000 points and pick 17 and 21 would only add up to about 1500 and the 2013 first round is up in the air, contolled by quarterback Dalton to a greate extent.

Even the trade with the St. Louis Rams for Robert Griffin III would be unrealistic given the value of the second pick (2800 - 2700).

So there is only one option but to fortify the positions that surround quarterback Dalton and hope that mediocre (a position that during the Coach Lewis era is standartd operating procedure) will placate the Bengal fans starved for a playoff win.
This post was mediocre at best.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:15 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1709
bengals Re: Stuck with quarterback Andy Dalton

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack1953 View Post

Explain to me, (rhetorical question), how Baltimore can dominate with a QB who has just a slight edge in stats over Dalton???
simple, he has a better 0-line and better receivers and that equals more wins, at least thats what the media tells everybody, plus baltimore is a huge city with a ton of coverage and they have the biggest mouth in football history, ray lewis, who i hope retires soon.so sick of hearing about how he molds the team every week.superior coaching, drafting and big money makes that team. remember, that is the old browns team that couldn't do squat in cleveland.their general manager. ozzie newsome is a great gm. we don't have one.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:20 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortyyearfan View Post
simple, he has a better 0-line and better receivers and that equals more wins, at least thats what the media tells everybody, plus baltimore is a huge city with a ton of coverage and they have the biggest mouth in football history, ray lewis, who i hope retires soon.so sick of hearing about how he molds the team every week.superior coaching, drafting and big money makes that team. remember, that is the old browns team that couldn't do squat in cleveland.their general manager. ozzie newsome is a great gm. we don't have one.
Wrong answer: DEFENSE! Look at the Ravens 2000 season. Best defensive single season stats EVER!! They won with very, very, mediocre rotating QBs with Tony Banks and Trent Dilfer!! (Marvin Lewis was defensive coordinator for Baltimore that year by the way)
Old 12-26-2012, 07:23 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1709

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millz View Post
I am still at work, and grumpy. So I will respond by simply saying that fans that think this way are absolute morons. No one knows how good he will end up like how the many fans thought Carson would end up being like a Brady or a Rodgers (not). But based on his work the first two years compared to countless number of really good QBs in their first two years in the league past and present, he has done a pretty darn good job.
andy dalton is young and still learning. i am starting to really like this guy. he shows me a fire in him to win and i so love that about anyone.i have hammered him alot on here as well, but i think he has the it factor.remember,only two years from his college days.he has learned alot and hopefully will get better. he is showing me this is not too big for him and i think we are seeing him take gaint leaps forward in his maturity.if he stays healthy, we are going to be happy i do believe. just hope and pray he keeps that fire burning for a few years.i would think with all the bucks, the popularity, the grind to win every week and this being a so demanding position, alot of guys after a couple years wonder if it is worth it.to win in the nfl today you have to just love football so much you will play with one leg,kinda like brett favre did for so many years.he just wanted to beat your arse every time. i love that type of competition in a person.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:47 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1048

So once again, where you at umkubus? Come eat your crow, or whatever the robot equivalent to eating is.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-27-2012, 12:42 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 196

Quote:

You should make it EZ on yourself and go rout for the pats or the packers or something.....But just remember it took rogers 3 years before he got good and he got booted out of the playoffs 2nd year to,,,,,,So maybe just maybe where on the same track as he was.....I dont know to many QBs that made the playoffs in there 1st two years ......But i can name alot that didnt
Old 12-27-2012, 12:43 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 147

God awful thread. Could be stuck with Brandon Weeden
Old 12-27-2012, 12:57 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 196

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack1953 View Post

Thats EZ the ravens get every call .....You ever watck a game when there playing home....I watched just about every game they played ....The ravens are helped along at key times in the game by the refs....And teams they play are held back by calls ....Its been going on for years......I dont know how many times they been set up for the winning score with a P.I call that gives them the game late but its alot
Old 12-27-2012, 01:15 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16952

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh View Post
Is this a joke?
Yes he is.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:18 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 251

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrin View Post
I bet there would be about 15 teams or maybe a few more that would LOVE TO BE STUCK with Dalton right now! Here genuis, i'll name at least one team the Seahawks who basically said that they looked at Dalton hard but in the end decided to go with a lineman instead. How did that work out for them? So i'm happy to be stuck with him just like the majority of the fans on here! So go to some other teams site and talk that nonsense because nobody is interested here!
Russull wilson ...id say it worked out just fine for em
Old 12-27-2012, 03:30 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 31613

Quote:
Originally Posted by bLEEdOrangeandBlack View Post
Russull wilson ...id say it worked out just fine for em
That was a bad example, but I get what he's saying.

Jets
Bills
Dolphins
Browns
Jaguars
Titans
Raiders
Chiefs
Eagles
Cardinals
Rams

I have zero doubt that any of those teams would LOVE to be stuck with Andy.

There are several more that would at least give serious consideration to swapping QBs with us.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 12-27-2012, 05:15 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11161

I watched the NFL Network replay of the Pittsburgh Cincy game last night and Dalton played a lot better than I thought. A lot of his throws should have been caught. He did overthrow two deep balls though, so he needs to work on that. He made some mistakes obviously, but overall, I think he's doing very well for a 2nd year QB.

Last edited by Bonnie Bengal; 12-27-2012 at 05:49 AM.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:03 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulltime bengalfan View Post
You should make it EZ on yourself and go rout for the pats or the packers or something.....But just remember it took rogers 3 years before he got good and he got booted out of the playoffs 2nd year to,,,,,,So maybe just maybe where on the same track as he was.....I dont know to many QBs that made the playoffs in there 1st two years ......But i can name alot that didnt
+1 Because defense wins football games mediocre QBs have won SBs as we mentioned before, the 2000 Ravens and 2002 Buccaneers.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:04 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Bengal View Post
I watched the NFL Network replay of the Pittsburgh Cincy game last night and Dalton played a lot better than I thought. A lot of his throws should have been caught. He did overthrow two deep balls though, so he needs to work on that. He made some mistakes obviously, but overall, I think he's doing very well for a 2nd year QB.

+1
Old 12-27-2012, 10:50 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3022

Replying to his threads are rather useless. He'll compose a long post, and then he won't reply to anyone speaking. We won't see Umkubas again unless the Bengals lose in the playoffs, then he'll rant about the mediocrity of Dalton for the off-season again.

Adrian "All Day" Peterson