Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:27 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 767
Default what Georgia Bulldogs should the Bengals pluck this year?

Good track record with the Bulldogs, Bolling, Atkins, Green.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:53 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10397
Default Re: what Georgia Bulldogs should the Bengals pluck this year?

Bacarri Rambo.

Defensive stud. Ball hawk. Was arguably the best safety coming out last year. Some red flags, but nothing crazy. Roommate of Green. Those two are really close. Rambo could be the ball-hawking safety the Bengals have been wanting for years.

Nelson and Rambo would make a good safety combo. And Rambo could move to SS and play well there. He is versatile enough.

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 12-27-2012, 06:26 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 676
bengals Re: what Georgia Bulldogs should the Bengals pluck this year?

dee miller ?
Old 12-27-2012, 06:29 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3386

If we have a shot a Ogletree, he fits our biggest need in the 1st. I think he's taken before us, however.

Old 12-27-2012, 08:18 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 595

Tavarres King.

Although I think we take a WR in the 1st round so we may not need him.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:30 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
Tavarres King.

Although I think we take a WR in the 1st round so we may not need him.
It is an interesting thought that Allen could be there when the Bengals draft pick comes up. But, I see Minnesota taking him before the Bengals get to draft.

King is a good prospect though.

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 12-27-2012, 09:39 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 390

S Baccari Rambo
S Shawn Williams-stock is rising
LB Alec Ogletree
LB Cornelius Washington
Not all four but may two out of the four.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:05 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 5082

Quote:
Originally Posted by renorvis View Post
S Baccari Rambo
S Shawn Williams-stock is rising
LB Alec Ogletree
LB Cornelius Washington
Not all four but may two out of the four.
This, except take all 4.
1/2 Ogletree
2b/3 Rambo
4 Williams
5. Washington.

Williams and Washington are going to be steals in this draft.
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...

Last edited by Burma; 12-27-2012 at 11:07 AM.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:08 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645

Quote:
Originally Posted by tottenham fan View Post
dee miller ?
Dee Milliner plays for Alabama.

Anyway, Rambo and Ogletree would be good picks for us.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:23 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24226

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burma View Post
This, except take all 4.
1/2 Ogletree
2b/3 Rambo
4 Williams
5. Washington.

Agreed on all counts.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:01 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5714

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfkaosaun View Post
Bacarri Rambo.

Defensive stud. Ball hawk. Was arguably the best safety coming out last year. Some red flags, but nothing crazy. Roommate of Green. Those two are really close. Rambo could be the ball-hawking safety the Bengals have been wanting for years.

Nelson and Rambo would make a good safety combo. And Rambo could move to SS and play well there. He is versatile enough.
nm. 2b or 3.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:33 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22777

Quote:
This, except take all 4.
1/2 Ogletree
2b/3 Rambo
4 Williams
5. Washington.

Add King and make it a FISTFUL OF BULLDOGS
Old 12-27-2012, 08:07 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 212

I myself like Ogletree to be our SAM. He is fast and a former Safety and can cover TE's.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:19 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225

Alec Ogletree as an OLB.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:27 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
Add King and make it a FISTFUL OF BULLDOGS
I do like King as a 6th rounder.

And is it wrong to also consider Branden Smith at 6b?
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...

Last edited by Burma; 12-27-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:20 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 487

Quote:
I do like King as a 6th rounder.

And is it wrong to also consider Branden Smith at 6b?
Braden smith isn't a bad corner nor is Sanders Commings. Honestly I am biased being a huge UGA fan but this crop of bulldogs actually fits us perfectly

1. Alec Ogletree - Plays MLB in a 4-3 D where he was good against the run and more importantly for our LB core the pass. As many have said he was a former safety and he is freakish in coverage. Good size and will shoot up boads come combine

2a) pick any non UGA player unless you can call dibbs on Todd Gurley he is a beastly freshman

2b) Bacarri rambo. Great center fielder and he and Nelson floating around back there would be deadly. Main draw back is he goes for the strip more often than the tackle

3) Non UGA player

4) Shawn Williams. Not sure he would be more than a back up as long as we have Reggie Nelson. But emotional leader who hits real hard

5) Cornelias Washington. Good for Dline rotation and he is roommate with Kwame Geathers Roberts little bro

6) Tavarres King. Not going to drop your jaw but he reminds me on Massaqoi in Cleveland
Old 12-28-2012, 05:38 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalDawg View Post
Braden smith isn't a bad corner nor is Sanders Commings. Honestly I am biased being a huge UGA fan but this crop of bulldogs actually fits us perfectly

1. Alec Ogletree - Plays MLB in a 4-3 D where he was good against the run and more importantly for our LB core the pass. As many have said he was a former safety and he is freakish in coverage. Good size and will shoot up boads come combine

2a) pick any non UGA player unless you can call dibbs on Todd Gurley he is a beastly freshman

2b) Bacarri rambo. Great center fielder and he and Nelson floating around back there would be deadly. Main draw back is he goes for the strip more often than the tackle

3) Non UGA player

4) Shawn Williams. Not sure he would be more than a back up as long as we have Reggie Nelson. But emotional leader who hits real hard

5) Cornelias Washington. Good for Dline rotation and he is roommate with Kwame Geathers Roberts little bro

6) Tavarres King. Not going to drop your jaw but he reminds me on Massaqoi in Cleveland
I had made a half joking thread about an all Georgia draft. Its crazy how loaded that defense is. But really something like you out lined above would be fine with me. Georgia has the talent we need that should be available in the rounds we need it

Old 12-29-2012, 12:14 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 496

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalDawg View Post

3) Non UGA player

Shawn Williams is a true SS that would be an instant upgrade/ starter opposite Nelson. I think he is one of the more overlooked safety prospects coming out this year.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:43 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4224

Nobody mentioned him. But if we lose Sims the 6'3" 358lbs monster John Jenkins would probably be pretty scary lined up with Geno next to him.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:50 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8519

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATI BENGALS View Post
Nobody mentioned him. But if we lose Sims the 6'3" 358lbs monster John Jenkins would probably be pretty scary lined up with Geno next to him.
I love Jenkins but we already have Sims heir apparent in Thompson. I'm still ****** about that pick though; would much rather have Lamar Miller and resign Sims. Anyway, I don't see a DT selected this year with a 2nd and 3rd rounder on board from a year ago.

They have a few CBs that look like solid late rounders and obviously the 1st round LBs. Ogletree would be a good fit assuming Burfict can slide out to Sam. Rambo is probably the most obvious pick with our need at S, but can he play SS? If not, then Nelson probably could. I also like King as a potential late round WR.

One of my favorite Georgia prospects is a former Bulldog in Washaun Ealey; would be worth looking at as an undrafted free agent.

Last edited by Bech72; 12-29-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:51 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24226

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bech72 View Post
I love Jenkins but we already have Sims heir apparent in Thompson. I'm still ****** about that pick though; would much rather have Lamar Miller and resign Sims. Anyway, I don't see a DT selected this year with a 2nd and 3rd rounder on board from a year ago.
Jenkins is suspended for academic issues in his bowl game.
And beyond that, I don't think I have seen a 350+ lbs guy play so light. And not in the good way.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:54 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632

Quote:

They have a few CBs that look like solid late rounders and obviously the 1st round LBs. Ogletree would be a good fit assuming Burfict can slide out to Sam. Rambo is probably the most obvious pick with our need at S, but can he play SS? Probably. I also like King as a potential late round WR.

One of my favorite Georgia prospects is a former Bulldog in Washaun Ealey; would be worth looking at as a priority free agent.
I'm not so sure thompson is all that. When given a chance for snaps this year Still got them and Thompson didn't.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:55 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8519

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
I'm not so sure thompson is all that. When given a chance for snaps this year Still got them and Thompson didn't.
Two different guys. Thompson is a 2 down run stopper and he's a rookie playing on arguably the league's best DL. Definitely a little early to give up on him.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:00 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
Jenkins is suspended for academic issues in his bowl game.
And beyond that, I don't think I have seen a 350+ lbs guy play so light. And not in the good way.
I agree. Wasn't blown away like I thought I was going to be when I saw Jenkins. If he slips to the 2nd we should at least think about it though.

If Kwame Geathers comes out I wouldn't mind replacing our Geathers with a younger more massive Geathers, and he should be a lot cheaper than Jenkins.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:05 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:

They have a few CBs that look like solid late rounders and obviously the 1st round LBs. Ogletree would be a good fit assuming Burfict can slide out to Sam. Rambo is probably the most obvious pick with our need at S, but can he play SS? If not, then Nelson probably could. I also like King as a potential late round WR.

One of my favorite Georgia prospects is a former Bulldog in Washaun Ealey; would be worth looking at as an undrafted free agent.
I haven't forgot about Still and Thompson. I am hoping Still is being groomed to be a swing DL who can be a good run stopping DE and provide a good push up the middle at DT (ala Geathers). And I do like Thompson. But we went from carrying 3 DTs on our 53 to carrying 5, so maybe Marvin has had a change of heart after seeing our run D fall to pieces in the past due to DT injuries.