Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:47 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 41566
Default Re: Could this be for real.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals_Moderator View Post
You might remember that he went ahead and listed Sanu as the No. 2 receiver on the depth chart and then 2 days later Sanu was injured. .
Well then, we need to move Cook up the depth chart immediately.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:51 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 595

I doubt Robinson has suddenly become better than Cook in the last day or two of practice...
Old 12-27-2012, 11:52 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
I doubt Robinson has suddenly become better than Cook in the last day or two of practice...
Nope...I think he's been better than him ALL YEAR!!!
Old 12-27-2012, 12:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocincy View Post
Nope...I think he's been better than him ALL YEAR!!!
You're insane.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:05 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 434

Quote:
You're insane.
It's really not that insane lol

Obviously he hasn't been better all year but i would say he's been better than him in run blocking all year and has brought his pass blocking up each game to the point where robinson is now a better option than cook.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebullfrog24 View Post
It's really not that insane lol

Obviously he hasn't been better all year but i would say he's been better than him in run blocking all year and has brought his pass blocking up each game to the point where robinson is now a better option than cook.

Wrong.

I know people REALLY want to think that though
Old 12-27-2012, 12:21 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1641

Quote:
Wrong.

Interesting cook accounted for 2 sacs Sunday.....
Old 12-27-2012, 12:28 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 103
Default Re: Dont blame dalton

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
I like how the OP blames Cook but doesn't mention that Cooks return coincided with Sanus injury. We have no #2 WR now.

Also Cook isn't the reason that speed rushers are destroying Andre Smith and Boling. Robinson is a below average center that benefitted from Sanu catching a lot of TDs and giving Dalton a sure handed target thus making the entire offense look better. Without that guys like Tate can't get open which forces Dalton to throw the ball into a tight window which he can't consistently do.
Jones looked great last game. He will be fine as a #2 going forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenacious-B View Post
It's consistent with what Marvin has done in the past. I'm not sure why he does it, maybe it's Brown making the call since Cook's paycheck is bigger I guess that makes him the starter over Robinson who is clearly playing better.

It's not rocket science, Robinson is the better center. Ever since Cook has come back Dalton is getting killed and the running game has slumped.

Keep up the good work, Cook...
Correlation does not imply causation. Lots of reasons why the OL is getting beat and it doesn't all have to do with Cook. He had some issues against the Steelers but so did Robinson in his first game. The sacks in Philly had nothing to do with Cook. He played better than Robinson that game.

Just like Pat Sims playing 20 snaps a game does not make our defense as good as it is, Cook playing centre does not make our offense as bad as they played.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulltime bengalfan View Post
Go watch the steeler game over and see if you still want to repost what you said.....Cook was just getting pushed right on his azz or run around ......I made a post when i heard he was coming back saying we would have problums when he came back at center ........Now hes back .....Do i have to say anymore
I did watch it. Did you? He didn't run block well when the Steelers put 9 guys in the box. Is it Cooks fault Dalton holds the ball too long? Or has no pocket presence? How about Greens fumble? Cooks fault too? Daltons interceptions? Missed opportunities down the field? All Cooks fault.

Cook didn't play great but neither did Zeitler or Boling. On top of that, the run game was ridiculously predictable. Every run was right. Every single one. That Cooks fault too?

Threads like these are ridiculous. There is no proof Robinson would have done a better job, especially against a veteran defense playing for their playoff lives. Hell, if past games tell us anything, it's that he'd be manhandled as well.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:31 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINCYPRODUCT View Post
Interesting cook accounted for 2 sacs Sunday.....
So? One was on Cook, another on Dalton for holding ball too long. Steelers blitzed the A gap all game long. Robinson likely would have had some serious issues with having limited experience against them.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:42 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexal View Post
So? One was on Cook, another on Dalton for holding ball too long. Steelers blitzed the A gap all game long. Robinson likely would have had some serious issues with having limited experience against them.
Kyle?....... Is that you?
Old 12-27-2012, 12:44 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645

Quote:
Im sorry im working on it im new at computers and post ....Ill do my best
Just write your posts like you'd write a response on a sheet of paper. Try to use proper punctuation and grammar, and separate longer posts into short paragraphs.

Doing this will make people more likely to actually read your posts.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:09 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8711

Quote:
Go watch the steeler game over and see if you still want to repost what you said.....Cook was just getting pushed right on his azz or run around ......I made a post when i heard he was coming back saying we would have problums when he came back at center ........Now hes back .....Do i have to say anymore
What happened against Philly? That was on Smith and Bowling.

Bowling struggled against the Steelers too.

Cook is definitely struggling...but so are Bowling, Smith, and sometimes Zeitler. It isn't like Cook is giving up 6 sacks a game by himself.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:23 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20784

Quote:
Wrong.

Cook was hot garbage this past Sunday. Whether you want to believe it or not.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:43 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 441

so dalton's boomer, peyton, and pete rose?
Old 12-27-2012, 01:44 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 41566

Quote:
Wrong.

Now that we know Paul Alexander's username on here; we can address this directly.

Paul, Casey Hampton made Kyle Cook look bad last Sunday and the oline play has regressed ever since you've been inserting him in to lineup.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:50 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7571

Quote:
Before you all go putting all the neg post about dalton .....You might want to go look at the last 5 or so games after mister COOK came back .....Hes getting beat like a drum on every play....We have giving up 6 sacks a game after he came back ...I been watching him week in and week out just getting beat on every other play...And when we played the eagels the whole Oline was getting beat ...When he was out we had time to pass the ball and where getting better at running the ball every week...Now he back and it looks like last 2 years all over again....Dalton knows he has to get the ball out quick or hes gonna take a sack....Its got so bad for dalton that even when there is no pressure hes rushing the throws because hes been sacked so much lately.....COOKS been the center for 5 years and the Oline has stunk for 5 years.....He might be the worst center in the NFL.....But dont take my word for it go watch for yourself ....Its funny we pick up jeff faine off the streets he only get like 1 week before the start of the season ....Oline dont look half bad .....He gets hurt and later cut ..We bring back cook the Oline is awfull.....I cant understand why the coaches cant see this.....Ok i said what i had to say ....Now you can all tell me how wrong i am and how great he is
Why would I be negative about Dalton ???....or Cook ???....We just made back to back play-offs for only the second time in Bengals history !

Just because other people on here are negative jerks, that doesn't mean I have to be.

We should all be enjoying the win over Pittsburg and knocking Steelers OUT of the play-offs....You would think we would be happy that we are going play-offs back to back years and three out of the last four years.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:34 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 335

Quote:
Before you all go putting all the neg post about dalton .....You might want to go look at the last 5 or so games after mister COOK came back .....Hes getting beat like a drum on every play....We have giving up 6 sacks a game after he came back ...I been watching him week in and week out just getting beat on every other play...And when we played the eagels the whole Oline was getting beat ...When he was out we had time to pass the ball and where getting better at running the ball every week...Now he back and it looks like last 2 years all over again....Dalton knows he has to get the ball out quick or hes gonna take a sack....Its got so bad for dalton that even when there is no pressure hes rushing the throws because hes been sacked so much lately.....COOKS been the center for 5 years and the Oline has stunk for 5 years.....He might be the worst center in the NFL.....But dont take my word for it go watch for yourself ....Its funny we pick up jeff faine off the streets he only get like 1 week before the start of the season ....Oline dont look half bad .....He gets hurt and later cut ..We bring back cook the Oline is awfull.....I cant understand why the coaches cant see this.....Ok i said what i had to say ....Now you can all tell me how wrong i am and how great he is
regardless of how deep we go in the playoffs and how much we hate Mike Brown I believe a few staff positions need to change such as Oline coach Paul Alexander, he's been here 19 years and I think that's enough. Personally i'd like to see us bring in a former player such as Anthony Munoz, Dave Lapham or Willie Anderson and their knowledge, experience and the fundamentals any of those men could teach would make an unstoppable line. We need to draft a center also, I believe that was the first postion Paul Brown ever drafted and he built his offense from the center out

http://twitter.com/MattroBus

http://www.youtube.com/MattroBus
XBL: Buck513eyes
PSN: feardatiger08
Old 12-27-2012, 02:42 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7116

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo View Post
so dalton's boomer, peyton, and pete rose?

He's still a ginger too.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:02 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 369

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
Now that we know Paul Alexander's username on here; we can address this directly.

Paul, Casey Hampton made Kyle Cook look bad last Sunday and the oline play has regressed ever since you've been inserting him in to lineup.
lol! Paul, you need to listen to bfine!!!!
Old 12-27-2012, 03:04 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1709
bengals Re: Dont blame dalton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattro Bus View Post
regardless of how deep we go in the playoffs and how much we hate Mike Brown I believe a few staff positions need to change such as Oline coach Paul Alexander, he's been here 19 years and I think that's enough. Personally i'd like to see us bring in a former player such as Anthony Munoz, Dave Lapham or Willie Anderson and their knowledge, experience and the fundamentals any of those men could teach would make an unstoppable line. We need to draft a center also, I believe that was the first postion Paul Brown ever drafted and he built his offense from the center out
i agree with you about kyle cook. he is getting beat way too much.robinson or boling was so much better.now will old paul alexander do something to make this better??you would think if we can see this,they certainly should!!! well, just in case they don't think we care, here is the coaching staffs fax number. it is 513-455-8305. everyone should fax them a nice message about this. be sure to keep it clean. by the way, this fax number is available to anyone that calls the bengals front office. i just called one day and they gave it to me along with mr. browns as well. i faxed him once and he wrote me a nice letter. i was shocked to get the letter. he even signed it.we will struggle to win until either cook gets alot better or them make a change.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:05 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Sorry what ifs don't equal reality or fact....
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25221

Quote:

Better question: Paul, why did you have the center blocking Hampton one on one?
Next question to coach Anderson: Coach, why can't our RB ever see a cutback lane?
VIP Silver Member

Quote:

Lol I love it.👍
Old 12-27-2012, 03:16 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinghost View Post
Just write your posts like you'd write a response on a sheet of paper. Try to use proper punctuation and grammar, and separate longer posts into short paragraphs.

Doing this will make people more likely to actually read your posts.
I'll try to do this, but it just takes so much longer to use proper punctuation and giving shorter paragraphs.when i post on here its kinda like texting. you shorten words with letters, like u instead of you and so forth.i believe most folks know what you are saying and i realize i am long winded. Will try to shorten things up, but i am used to giving it long and hard straight up like i see it before me.Been following our team so long i have alot to say.I still say we whip the dirty birds and we will be very dangerous in the first round, don't matter who or where its at.The world gives us no chance at anything and all the players have been hearing that all week.They are ready to whip up on whoever.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:25 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Jones looked great last game. He will be fine as a #2 going forward.

Correlation does not imply causation. Lots of reasons why the OL is getting beat and it doesn't all have to do with Cook. He had some issues against the Steelers but so did Robinson in his first game. The sacks in Philly had nothing to do with Cook. He played better than Robinson that game.

Just like Pat Sims playing 20 snaps a game does not make our defense as good as it is, Cook playing centre does not make our offense as bad as they played.

I did watch it. Did you? He didn't run block well when the Steelers put 9 guys in the box. Is it Cooks fault Dalton holds the ball too long? Or has no pocket presence? How about Greens fumble? Cooks fault too? Daltons interceptions? Missed opportunities down the field? All Cooks fault.

Cook didn't play great but neither did Zeitler or Boling. On top of that, the run game was ridiculously predictable. Every run was right. Every single one. That Cooks fault too?

Threads like these are ridiculous. There is no proof Robinson would have done a better job, especially against a veteran defense playing for their playoff lives. Hell, if past games tell us anything, it's that he'd be manhandled as well.
guys and gals, all any of us can do is fax or wirte letters and give them our concerns. lets hope and pray they see what we see and get it corrected.hopefully we can watch a super win this sunday, lets put a 40 spot on them.that would be fair.i would really like to see a two-back set with the law firm and boom herron both running the rock.keep the ball 40 minutes by pounding it alot.one would think if you pound it enough they will break a few big ones and score about 4 touchdowns running it.that would make me very happy.