Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > General Sports Discussion > Fantasy Sports

Fantasy Sports Strategies, insights and invites for fantasy football leagues and fantasy sports leagues of any kind.

Old 09-10-2012, 01:20 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24035
Default Re: I'm starting a fantasy league for the boards...who's game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben zoo 2 View Post
I know u ain't talking about dr's league. You know, the one where I am high scorer so far for the week.
No. I may be wrong, but I think he's talking about the league where I'm taking you to school 111-54.

During those 8 seasons, we've had several starting RBs, different starters on the o-line, different TEs and FBs and 2 different RB coaches. Only our o-line coach remained the same.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:21 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17627

Quote:
I know u ain't talking about dr's league. You know, the one where I am high scorer so far for the week.
Yeah, I need 20 points from A.J. Green tomorrow night to win my game in that league. I guess though, if you take that high score from that league, and the low score from this league,....you could put it all together and be incredibly average.

Old 09-10-2012, 01:27 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2657

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
No. I may be wrong, but I think he's talking about the league where I'm taking you to school 111-54.
Blah, blah blah. Allow me to introduce 3 of my closest friends. Shake, meet philip rivers, Torrey smith, and Sebastian janikowski. Sebastian will do two things simultaneously tonight. He will kick a long field goal late inthe game that will propel me to victory whilst delivering a blow to your nether regions. I would also like you to meet Ryan Matthews, who might have had a little something to bring to tonight's festivities as well.

I would also let you meet deangelo Williams, but I am not letting him out of the trunk of my car until we reach Mexico.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:40 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Blah, blah blah. Allow me to introduce 3 of my closest friends. Shake, meet philip rivers, Torrey smith, and Sebastian janikowski. Sebastian will do two things simultaneously tonight. He will kick a long field goal late inthe game that will propel me to victory whilst delivering a blow to your nether regions. I would also like you to meet Ryan Matthews, who might have had a little something to bring to tonight's festivities as well.

I would also let you meet deangelo Williams, but I am not letting him out of the trunk of my car until we reach Mexico.
No way will those guys combine for 57 pts. Say Torrey goes for 15 (good for a Wr) and Janikowski goes for 10. You would then need 33 from Rivers to beat me. Williams definitely hurt ya. Why did you start him again?

During those 8 seasons, we've had several starting RBs, different starters on the o-line, different TEs and FBs and 2 different RB coaches. Only our o-line coach remained the same.

Last edited by Shake n Blake; 09-10-2012 at 01:46 AM.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:16 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
No way will those guys combine for 57 pts. Say Torrey goes for 15 (good for a Wr) and Janikowski goes for 10. You would then need 33 from Rivers to beat me. Williams definitely hurt ya. Why did you start him again?
Well Matthews is out with a broken collarbone. And Williams had no competition from stewart and going against a supposedly soft Tampa run defense. Oh, and he was CBS' start of the week.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:01 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Who's Dean Westerfield?

FYI, you can't make or reject trades once games have started. You can wait til Tuesday morning to reject the offers, or I will pull them at that time.

Old 10-04-2012, 04:50 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1048

Quote:
Well that's a matter of opinion as far as guys being taken too early. I think Peyton is a good value in rounds 4-5. He's a medium risk, high reward type. I must say though, now that I know what type of league you're in, that changes things a little bit. You would probably need another solid wr and rb in order to stack up. Still I think you have some solid sleepers on your team.

You have a decent QB who has potential to be great- you have a stud RB who will probably rebound this year, another RB who is set to receive possibly 300 carries (that's getting rare), two very good WRs and a very good TE and defense. Like I said before, a couple good/great waiver pickups and your team will be as good or better than anyone elses.

The great thing about fantasy is that you never know how players will turn out til you start playing the games. I had a team that looked far worse than yours and still had a winning season.
It's looking like I was right about my team seeing as I'm 0-4. Chris Johnson has been horrible like I figured he would which is why I didn't want to draft him. Hakeem nicks has been out all but maybe one game. Redman has been crappy. Hernandez has been out since basically week one. And other than when he played us richardson hasn't been very impressive at all. In fact, you inherited a team and already have a better record than me. The only one that's as bad is Johnny c.

Just figured I'd revisit this because I knew what I was talking about and didn't want this team to be my first impression of how I am at fantasy football.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-05-2012, 04:38 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars304 View Post
It's looking like I was right about my team seeing as I'm 0-4. Chris Johnson has been horrible like I figured he would which is why I didn't want to draft him. Hakeem nicks has been out all but maybe one game. Redman has been crappy. Hernandez has been out since basically week one. And other than when he played us richardson hasn't been very impressive at all. In fact, you inherited a team and already have a better record than me. The only one that's as bad is Johnny c.

Just figured I'd revisit this because I knew what I was talking about and didn't want this team to be my first impression of how I am at fantasy football.

Sounds like a lot of bad luck to me. Not having Nicks and Hernandez hurt you big time. Chris Johnson has been a complete dud, so that hurts too. Bfine has CJ is the CBS league and he's also 0-4. Tough break man, but I doubt anyone is judging you. If they are then oh well.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:36 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Sounds like a lot of bad luck to me. Not having Nicks and Hernandez hurt you big time. Chris Johnson has been a complete dud, so that hurts too. Bfine has CJ is the CBS league and he's also 0-4. Tough break man, but I doubt anyone is judging you. If they are then oh well.
I just want to make sure I have a chance to be in the league next year is all.

Old 10-08-2012, 02:05 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19817

On the flip side, I drafted my own team and can't even force my team to lose without major efforts of sabotage.

Some solid prep work, some luck of the draw. And some solid ignorance of how to work the waiver wire...
Old 10-08-2012, 02:50 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalRugby View Post
On the flip side, I drafted my own team and can't even force my team to lose without major efforts of sabotage.

Some solid prep work, some luck of the draw. And some solid ignorance of how to work the waiver wire...
Congrats. I'm now 2-3 in all three of my Bengals.com leagues. At least I'm not out of it yet. My big disadvantage is that I can't do waiver pickups from my phone and I've been without internet for a few months now.

At least I'm 5-0 in my non-Bengals.com league.

Old 10-10-2012, 02:15 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10028

I just came back from 12 points down to beat JC's team by 1 point when were both down to our last players on MNF.

It helps when your last player is Arian Foster

Andrew Luck is on fire lately and facing the J-E-T-S this week so I am going to start him over Tony Ohno

Stupid me picked up Kevin Kolb last week and started him over Luck since the Cowboys were on a bye...... I waived him after he laid an egg...

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 10-21-2012, 07:57 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19817

Forgot to replace 3 starters and still have a shot at the W?

Drafting>>Being on top of things
Old 10-21-2012, 09:42 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalRugby View Post
Forgot to replace 3 starters and still have a shot at the W?

Drafting>>Being on top of things
Dude my team is destroyed. I had a draft strategy that I used in my first league and I kind of abandoned it for our league so I could get some different players.

I took Greg Jennings over AJ Green and Jennings has been out the whole year. Then I took Jimmy Graham over AP which was mistake number 2. Then I took Mike Vick over Manning, now Vick is about to be benched. Then I traded Graham for Hartline because I thought Graham's injury was more serious than it turned out to be.

In my league where I followed my strategy, I'm about to go 7-0. I've pretty much given up on this league.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:07 PM
Veteran Member

I hear ya shake. I really liked my team coming out of the draft. Lo and behold injuries and poor performance just killing me in this league. Oh well, I'll keep playing it out.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:53 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
I hear ya shake. I really liked my team coming out of the draft. Lo and behold injuries and poor performance just killing me in this league. Oh well, I'll keep playing it out.
I don't know how I managed it with that awful lineup I rolled out, but I somehow managed to pull out a win this week against undefeated Rugby. I also traded for RGIII. If I can get a RB I may be able to pull off a respectable season.

Old 10-30-2012, 03:27 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10028

My team is 7-1 (best record in the league) with Tony Romo at QB.

I should point out Romo was auto selected and I hate him.

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 12-26-2012, 11:15 PM
VIP Platinum Member

I was surging toward the end, but fell just short of the playoffs. Congrats to PA Pinhead for winning this league. Along with Rugby and Lawless for having a hell of a team. This is the only one of the 4 leagues I was in where I did not make it to the Championship Game.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:32 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Congrats to PAPinhead.

It figures that the first league I organize results in my worst finish ever (5-9).

I made the title game in my other 2 leagues, but lost in both.

I guess that makes it a so-so fantasy year for me.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:38 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Congrats to PAPinhead.

It figures that the first league I organize results in my worst finish ever (5-9).

I had 4 leagues this year. 3 on here, and one on the other Klotsch site run by Cloe. This was my worst finish. I won the ESPN league against you and another Yahoo league on here with people whom I can't figure out who they are or even find the thread about creating the league (I believe you're in that one as well). Also came in 2nd in the league from the other board.

Pretty successful year in the FF. Hopefully we get some awesome ones going again next year!

Old 12-27-2012, 09:29 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 10689

Quote:
Congrats to PAPinhead.

Thanks Shake!!!!

That's what I love about fantasy football, you just never know and can never count on anything. I'm in seven leagues and was in two championships, two consolation championships, and the other three - eh, not so good. I have a ton of fun though!!

Thanks for organizing this league Shake!

Sig compliments of CINwillWIN
Old 12-27-2012, 11:00 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1454

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
I won the ESPN league against you and another Yahoo league on here with people whom I can't figure out who they are or even find the thread about creating the league (I believe you're in that one as well).

Are you Johnny's Cupcakes in that Yahoo league? Can't figure out who the rest of the players are in that league either.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:04 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by urinalcake View Post
Are you Johnny's Cupcakes in that Yahoo league? Can't figure out who the rest of the players are in that league either.
Yup. I am Johnny's Cupcakes. No names look familiar from that league so I can't figure it out......this is bumming me out.

Old 12-27-2012, 03:13 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 10689

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
Yup. I am Johnny's Cupcakes. No names look familiar from that league so I can't figure it out......this is bumming me out.
The one Yahoo League, the total points league, is mine. Some of the guys in it are from here and some are my family and co-workers.

Sig compliments of CINwillWIN
Old 12-27-2012, 03:17 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
I'm in it. I think I finished fifth.