Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 12-27-2012, 03:25 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2591
Default No Love for the Belk Bowl Bearcats?

It's getting close to that time of year for my annual whining about overlooked Bearcats. Few knew Connor Barwin until he lit up the combine. Even less knew Derek Wolfe. I still have hopes for JK Schaffer cracking the 53 man someday.

This year's crop has some underappreciated performers too. Butch jamming Munchie down our throats all year didn't help out the visibility of any of his teammates.

I actually saw Drew Frey listed on Drafttek as like the #14 safety, but George Winn finished with 1235 yds rushing and Travis Kelce put up 600 yds receiving too which, I believe set a UC record. (Which surprised me since Brent Celek was a UC TE too.)

At LB, Greg Blair wasn't shabby at 123 combined tackles and he's listed with a solid NFL size at 6'2, 252.

It sounds like Duke is all passing attack with 3 guys all over 60 catches each. Winn ought to run wild however, since Duke hasn't been able to stop the run worth a turd.

Should be a decent game to watch.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:29 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 595
Default Re: No Love for the Belk Bowl Bearcats?

The bearcats have a football program?
Old 12-28-2012, 07:43 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2591

Well, that game didn't exactly make the ACC want to re-consider their decision to ditch us. I was hoping for a more convincing win although you have to believe that with Kaye coming back and Tuberville at coach, we're at least in position for a solid 2013.

Kelce helped his stock. Bomar's final hit was a highlight. Kaye is now on the draft radar for next season.

There is not a reason in the world that the state of Ohio, with the 8th largest population, can't have the Buckeyes and Bearcats in the Top 20. Michigan and Michigan State. South Carolina and Clemson. Florida and Florida State.

Lord knows our high schools crank out some quality players.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:07 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17935

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
The bearcats have a football program?
S-wing and a miss.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:02 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7773

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalUSCfan View Post
Well, that game didn't exactly make the ACC want to re-consider their decision to ditch us. I was hoping for a more convincing win although you have to believe that with Kaye coming back and Tuberville at coach, we're at least in position for a solid 2013.

Kelce helped his stock. Bomar's final hit was a highlight. Kaye is now on the draft radar for next season.

There is not a reason in the world that the state of Ohio, with the 8th largest population, can't have the Buckeyes and Beahercats in t Top 20. Michigan and Michigan State. South Carolina and Clemson. Florida and Florida State.

Lord knows our high schools crank out some quality players.

The high school talent is there and Cincinnati seems to find coaches as well. But their refusal to upgrade the facilities will hamstring their efforts in the end. Look for UofL to start stealing some of their high school players away, in the very near future.