Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-27-2012, 03:23 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3985
Default Re: Sell out Baltimore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gampy View Post
No.

No update until tomorrow, the team has until 1pm Friday eastern for a sell out.
Is this due to the holiday?
Old 12-27-2012, 03:25 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 21262

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurvivorMatt View Post
No, it's due to them getting an extension for the sellout do to **** poor fan support. I'm hoping the game doesn't sell out until AFTER it blacks out.

Old 12-27-2012, 03:55 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurvivorMatt View Post
Yes, it's due to the holiday, despite what the bitter and disenfranchised may tell you.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:08 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1048

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatonEagles87 View Post
Couch potato! ( I am a whinny **** and proud of it!)

Truth is.. I enjoy the game at home like everyone else. I appreciate I don't have to drive 5 hours "every" weekend to see it.... But Football is a luxury that someone has to pay for... not a GOD GIVEN RIGHT!
If you don't go to the games or spend money on the Bengals.. You have no right complaining about "black outs" or "losing teams".. oh, you probably still will.. because that's what people do.. Sit on their butts and think the world owes this something....

Someone has to pay for those players everyone thinks Mr Brown should sign or resign!

I am the first to admit, Mr Brown is not my favorite owner.. But Let him take his team somewhere else like Art did w/ the browns and then see what team you end up watching every Sunday. Because no other team is going to come into a town that don't support their stadium!! Like or hate him, Art won a superbowl and the Ravens still sell out.. The Bengals don't pay more than anyone else and they are not the only team w/ COA's.. And Just because you like the Bengals and cheer for them, doesn't make you a REAL fan..
Do you sit on your couch and cheer for America, or do you give everything you can for it!
I am sure those soldiers would prefer to watch the war on tv also.. but they get off their couch and support their country..
So you do that.. You sit on your couch and tell us how much you love the bengals and to watch them from your seat vs the stadium, but don't complain when they are not on TV this or any other Sunday .... and remember if it is on TV, someone else is sacrificing so you can, sit in your comfy home!!!!
I spend money on them all the time, just not necessarily tickets. Hell, half of my wardrobe is bengals, but if I don't feel like going to the game that's my business and if I wanna complain about it being blacked out I have every right to. Mike brown may not have to buy the rest of the tickets or give something away for free, but wouldn't it be nice if he did something like redsfest or something along those lines? And I'm talking about for everybody, not just season ticket holders.
Now, with all that said, I live in west virginia and have sunday ticket so blackouts don't affect me and its a 4 hour drive without traffic so if the weather is bad there is no reason for me to make that trip. I'm just sick of people complaining about people not wanting to go to the game. Its their money and their time so its their business what they do with it. And there's a big difference between spending 3 hours on sunday watching the game at home without having to worry about driving home after a few beers, or spending your entire sunday going to a game. Tailgating, driving through traffic to and from the stadium, and even if you didn't drink you know the majority of the people in traffic with you did, watching the game and losing your voice trying to be as loud as possible because you think it might help the team, paying a ridiculous amount of money on food and drinks and parking and tickets and maybe even merchandise, and on top of all that for some reason your phone doesn't work in the stadium so you can't check your fantasy scores or make last minute adjustments.

Now, with THAT said, I've been to 2 games this year already and that's with me living 4 hours away so you guys have no excuse lol.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-27-2012, 04:43 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigcat454545 View Post
1st of all, donít even compare the military as an example to the NFL!!! I did serve my country for 8 yrs. so back off ****! Did you?? And NO, I wouldnít of rather been on my couch, I would of rather been there defending this nation and the great people that live in it!! Another thing is....you donít only support the Bengals by going to a game, they get revenue from all sorts of T.V rights, away games and merchandise, I have plenty jersey's and Bengals merchandise so know what youíre talking about before you ****** at the people that donít sit in the stadium!! I agree, if game gets blacked out donít complain....Iím always disappointed but I donít complain about it! By your comments you must not be fighting or loving your country huh? I know you were not in any military branch or you would realize that solders go into the military for a reason not because they were dragged into it. you donít need a job interview to go support your country, all you have to do is get your lazy azz out of the stadium and off the internet, go pass an asfab test and then you can talk *****. you watch your Bengals how you want and I will watch them how I want!!! You defend your country how you want and I will defend our country how I want, it is very rude and disrespectful to involve the military in anything besides what they stand for. Have a good day!!
I served for 6 years and I agree. How big a fan you are has nothing to do with how many games you go to, or how much bengals stuff you have. It has more to do with what you will do to watch a game, how often do you talk about them throughout the week, how much research you do in the off season on free agents and possible draft picks so you can cheer or disagree with the teams decisions, and so many other things. Some people have more money to go to games, hell some people that aren't even huge fans might have season tickets just because they have plenty of money whereas someone that's a huge fan may only go to one game. Personally I could afford to go to every home game probably, but there are other things I would like to buy first, like a new bed frame or a new dishwasher, or save up for a new car. Does that make me less of a fan? No. What that makes me is a responsible adult. There are plenty of reasons not to go to a game even if you can afford it so these people criticizing the lack of attendance needs to lay off it.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:40 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 6467

Old 12-27-2012, 06:04 PM
Banned

I need all the real fans to stand over here, and all the whiny fans over here, and the REAL fans, you can all sit on the comfy seats. And those of you fans that choose to stay home and watch....well, you're not here, are you. Nevermind. The fans that claim you can't afford to go, please exit and stand outside. Fans that refuse to go, and are bitter, you do what you want, I'm not messin' with you people.

Okay, now that we have you all separated, let's break it down further, fans that go, and WERE in the military, please sit at this table, and thanks for your service. The rest of you fans that didn't serve, but wanted to, but couldn't, sit over there.................................

That is what this thread reads like. And it's DAMN (caps) funny!

EDIT: Any news on current blackout status?
Old 12-27-2012, 06:41 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 11060

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCat View Post

EDIT: Any news on current blackout status?
I don't know, cuz I'm standing out here. And it's COLD!
Old 12-27-2012, 06:51 PM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 83

Stubhub says 933 tickets remain.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:54 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 863

I'd rather watch the Dallas/Washington game anyway. It means something.

You said bare your sole. Wait, you didn't mean the shoe? Well, when you hear I'm a Browns fan you'll understand.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:32 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2106

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars304 View Post
I served for 6 years and I agree. How big a fan you are has nothing to do with how many games you go to, or how much bengals stuff you have. It has more to do with what you will do to watch a game, how often do you talk about them throughout the week, how much research you do in the off season on free agents and possible draft picks so you can cheer or disagree with the teams decisions, and so many other things. Some people have more money to go to games, hell some people that aren't even huge fans might have season tickets just because they have plenty of money whereas someone that's a huge fan may only go to one game. Personally I could afford to go to every home game probably, but there are other things I would like to buy first, like a new bed frame or a new dishwasher, or save up for a new car. Does that make me less of a fan? No. What that makes me is a responsible adult. There are plenty of reasons not to go to a game even if you can afford it so these people criticizing the lack of attendance needs to lay off it.

I am sorry but I have to disagree, fans need to be there to support the team. Do you need to go to every game no you don't, but if you can afford it you should be there to support the team. I drive from VA every year in December to catch a game. Funny thing is I live in Redskin country and there fans will pay more to go to then game standing room only then I paid for 50 yard line 15th row on the Bengals sideline. Bengals tickets are not outrageous expensive. Although I do agree just because you go to the doesn't make you a fan, but when the Bengals have a playoff season true fans should go show out support and appreciation for them in their final home game "meaningless" or not.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:37 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 803
Default Re: Is Baltimore game a sellout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglester View Post
Well, when you lose thousands giving up seat licenses to Mike Brown, you rather watch the game for free. What's the saying? "There's a sucker born every minute" and most are sitting in PBS watching a game with overpriced tickets.
And you are the guy asking for a "fan appreciation day??"

Now, that's funny and hypocritical.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:47 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 21262

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiffybru View Post
Stubhub says 933 tickets remain.
That's only on stubhub.....secondary market tickets. Those have all already been bought up, and people are trying to sell them for one reason or another. If that were the case, I would say that the blackout would be lifted. I'm betting there are many more tickets than that that still need to be sold.

Old 12-28-2012, 08:20 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 711

My personal crazy theory is (and it's only a theory) that there still is residual effects of the Mike Brown protest. The less we hear and see of MB, the better the team seems to do. If Mike Brown ever announces that he plans on retiring and completely turning the operations over to Katie Blackburn , then we may finally see sellouts on a consistent basis. The feeling of Mike Brown doing something that will get in the way of the team's success will be gone, and people won't get the feeling of getting their hearts broken again. If the team goes far in the playoffs, MB announces his retirement, and the 2013 spending requirement kicks, sellout would probably happen the first home game. Like I said, just a crazy theory.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:28 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralvarado View Post
And you are the guy asking for a "fan appreciation day??"

Now, that's funny and hypocritical.
I'm pretty sure I'm the one that asked for fan appreciation day.

Old 12-28-2012, 08:38 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorobredbullies View Post
I am sorry but I have to disagree, fans need to be there to support the team. Do you need to go to every game no you don't, but if you can afford it you should be there to support the team. I drive from VA every year in December to catch a game. Funny thing is I live in Redskin country and there fans will pay more to go to then game standing room only then I paid for 50 yard line 15th row on the Bengals sideline. Bengals tickets are not outrageous expensive. Although I do agree just because you go to the doesn't make you a fan, but when the Bengals have a playoff season true fans should go show out support and appreciation for them in their final home game "meaningless" or not.
I've been to 2 games this year. That's a big deal for me because I have to call off work, drive 4 hours to get there, and pay money I could be putting towards my wedding. I don't go to games based on showing my support, I go because I want to enjoy myself. I don't feel obligated and I'm not sure why I should. Just because you're a fan of something doesn't make you obligated to spend all your money on it. That's ridiculous. I spend enough money on the team as it is without going to every game. And I'm not saying this because I don't wanna give mike brown money, its simply because I have other things to spend my money on, like saving up some money so I'm not living paycheck to paycheck. All I'm trying to say is its nobodys business what other people spend their money on. It would be nice to have the stadium packed full, it would be even nicer if it was packed full of rowdy and loud bengals fans, but I'm not gonna judge someone for not going, even if its just cause they don't feel like it you should never go unless you really want to.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carp View Post
I don't know, cuz I'm standing out here. And it's COLD!
lol

I'm out here with you in the cold too, why do you think I asked? Here, take my earmuffs.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:23 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2601

IT bothers me that the team doesn't sell out, however, I understand the point of view of people that like to watch it at home over going to the stadium.

I am a season ticket holder and I really do not feel that my tickets are at all that expensive. I looked at purchasing them as an experience and an investment. The team is on the rise and tickets will soon enough be in demand.

What I hate about this conversation are those that live in Cincy and choose not to go because of past issues......that to me is ridiculous.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:42 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 359

For this game in particular, you can't bust peoples' chops for not going. If it were a win-and-in situation, or if the Bengals had a seed to play for-that would be different.

As it stands, the Bengals don't have much riding on this. And there are several other games going on across the league which will dictate who gets in. I was thinking about going, but at this point I'm thinking about cuddling up with the Direct Ticket.

In terms of the larger issue of attendance-The wife and I had tix during most of the Marvin era. Now we have a small child and although we get to a few games a year, it's not feasible to have season tix right now. Call us bad fans or whatever-it's part of growing up...and it's been very enjoyable to watch games with my boy every week.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:53 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 2354

So is it officially blacked out?
Old 12-28-2012, 09:57 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8711

I'd say blackout
Old 12-28-2012, 10:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowxdiscipline View Post
I'd say blackout
Old 12-28-2012, 10:14 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7076

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post

I figured you could open up your mouth wide but that's impressive.

In all seriousness, I think they announce it at 11 today..
Old 12-28-2012, 10:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helldog View Post
I figured you could open up your mouth wide but that's impressive.

In all seriousness, I think they announce it at 11 today..
sorry to burst your bubble, I am not Charlie Brown..
Old 12-28-2012, 10:29 AM

Rep Points: 0

Does anyone know if the Bengals game has sold out or not?