Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:46 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 670
Default Re: Does Vontaze Burfict make All Rookie Team?

There is little doubt that Burfict has been very important to the defense and has played well especially considering he is an UDFA. I think the things that will hurt his bid for awards; one being the fact that he plays in a small market and the lack of big or impact plays (sacks, ints, and fumbles).
Old 12-28-2012, 11:23 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 46779

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexal View Post
Also, he's the 5th best rookie linebacker out there right now behind Kuechly, David, Wagner and Hightower. I'd be surprised if he made the team.
I don't think Hightower is better than Burfict, but I agree with Kuechley, David, and Wagner.

However 4th best rookie LB is pretty damn good. Especially from an undrafted free agent. We would have been in a bad place without him.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:24 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19817

You want him to miss making the squad to make contract negotiations easier? That's lame. Why don't you just say you wish he'd break his neck or something, that would make it real easy wouldn't it. The kid trying to improve himself, and you want to hate him for it. Happy New Year pal. You should be carefull walking up and down steps today.

Little bit of hyperbole going here...

How does wanting a player to miss out on an award, which I already explained why I do not believe he will win anyways, equate to breaking his neck? That does not follow.

One is missing an accolade he likely doesn't deserve, but still produces for a high level with the team, and increases the odds of doing so for less in the future. And then you just to breaking his neck, which is bad for the player, and the team, along with a passive aggressive jab at getting injured myself?

Wow...
Old 12-31-2012, 12:25 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 27524

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
I don't think Hightower is better than Burfict, but I agree with Kuechley, David, and Wagner.

However 4th best rookie LB is pretty damn good. Especially from an undrafted free agent. We would have been in a bad place without him.
who was Carolinas Middle LB before Kuechley

and what does he have planned for 2013.

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry