Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-28-2012, 03:09 AM
RIPChrisHenry RIPChrisHenry is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 634
Rep Points: 360
bengals MOCKasins...A comfortable Draft.

Re-Signings:
Andre Smith, Michael Johnson, Terrence Newman, Wallace Gilberry, Adam Jones, Rey Mauluga, Kevin Huber.

FA Signings:
RB Reggie Bush- Reggie in our offense would be unreal! espeacially coupled with Lacy. Eventually those two could take over the load for BJGE(not impressed at all, he is simply a product of a great run blocking offensive line.)
CB Sam Shields- Lengthy corner with good size speed and range...comes from a good crop of DB's and could be a great key player for us.
Leonard Pope- A good strong blocking TE who can also recieve as well. he wouldnt limit us in packages. With his size 6'8 270lb we wouldnt lose much by replacing D. Roland with Pope as our blocking TE.

Aprils Draft:
1.DE/OLBAnthony Barr- the combine along with his 15/16 sacks is going to shoot his stock way up to the late first...promise!
2a.DE Ziggy Ansah- Freak of a pass rusher, would be great in our rotation!
2b.OLB Sean Porter- good rusher, better outside linebacker. day 1 starter i think!
3.SS Bicarri Rambo- What do i really need to say here other than, we need a safety!
4.RB Eddie Lacy/Montee Ball/LeVion Bell- prefer lacy, but would be happy with any 3.
5.DT/DE Damien Square- A tweener, with good speed, who can play anywhere on the line for us...could create mismatches inside with his quickness.
6a.C/OG/OT Braden Hansen- Hes played Center but started the last 13 games at guard. With his size (6'6 315lb) and his smarts you could experiment with him at tackle as well. Smart, versatile, Olineman...u can never have enough.
6b.WR Marques Wilson- The guys was an idiot, flat out...but his talent, in this round, is worth the risk here!! Fresh start may be what he needs cuz the kids a stud.

Go Bengals!!

Bring on the haters!!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-28-2012, 06:31 AM
TGISunday's Avatar
TGISunday TGISunday is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,525
Rep Points: 3738
Default Re: MOCKasins...A comfortable Draft.

Love the FA, love Ziggy and Porter. But Barr, too?

Barr's way too small for DE, and wouldn't he be redundant with Porter? Or do you plan on Porter being a weakside backer? If so...I could get on board with that...but don't there are a few more choices I'd put there first for weakside guy with more experience in coverage, considering I wouldn't qualify Barr as a coverage guy, either. He dropped like 5% of the time.

Edit: forgot the whole reason I opened the thread...bad pun, just bad :|
__________________



Last edited by TGISunday; 12-28-2012 at 06:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-28-2012, 12:45 PM
BengalsfromCanada BengalsfromCanada is offline
Graduated Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 32
Rep Points: 13
Default Re: MOCKasins...A comfortable Draft.

I hope this draft doesnt happen, 3 pass rushers in the first 3 picks while we have the best sacking defense in the league
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-28-2012, 01:05 PM
Burma's Avatar
Burma Burma is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,462
Rep Points: 5082
Default Re: MOCKasins...A comfortable Draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsfromCanada View Post
I hope this draft doesnt happen, 3 pass rushers in the first 3 picks while we have the best sacking defense in the league
We have the best sacking DT in the game, the # 12 DE (19th overall) in MJ and then the guy with the next most is Wallace Gilberry at 51st in the league. So we have 1 insanely dominant DT, an above average DE and then a whole bunch of JAGs. We need more consistent preasure from someone other than Geno. We also desperately need a solid rush LB as well. Rey, Burfict, Lawson, and Howard combined have only 5. sacks.
__________________
Quote:
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...


Last edited by Burma; 12-28-2012 at 01:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-28-2012, 02:30 PM
Hammerstripes Hammerstripes is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Atkinson, NE
Posts: 7,542
Rep Points: 6419
Default Re: MOCKasins...A comfortable Draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burma View Post
We have the best sacking DT in the game, the # 12 DE (19th overall) in MJ and then the guy with the next most is Wallace Gilberry at 51st in the league. So we have 1 insanely dominant DT, an above average DE and then a whole bunch of JAGs. We need more consistent preasure from someone other than Geno. We also desperately need a solid rush LB as well. Rey, Burfict, Lawson, and Howard combined have only 5. sacks.
Sure, but any of those guys that you have in your draft aren't nearly as gifted as Dunlap. Hence, no need for drafting 3 pass rushers when you have 2 solid starters.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-28-2012, 03:28 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: MOCKasins...A comfortable Draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstripes View Post
Sure, but any of those guys that you have in your draft aren't nearly as gifted as Dunlap. Hence, no need for drafting 3 pass rushers when you have 2 solid starters.
Dunlap is also very inconsistent and drafting someone to not only help us but to give him some motivation is not a bad thing! Plus he is not always healthy.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-28-2012, 03:37 PM
Hammerstripes Hammerstripes is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Atkinson, NE
Posts: 7,542
Rep Points: 6419
Default Re: MOCKasins...A comfortable Draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
Dunlap is also very inconsistent and drafting someone to not only help us but to give him some motivation is not a bad thing! Plus he is not always healthy.
I agree, but you don't use a 1st round pick on a guy that is going to be a rotational or motivational player. It just doesn't improve the team at all.

This team is now in "win now" mode. We need to add guys at areas of weakness, not at areas of strength.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-28-2012, 03:41 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: MOCKasins...A comfortable Draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstripes View Post
I agree, but you don't use a 1st round pick on a guy that is going to be a rotational or motivational player. It just doesn't improve the team at all.

This team is now in "win now" mode. We need to add guys at areas of weakness, not at areas of strength.
Strength?? what happens if Dunlap or MJ gets hurt??? then we have nobody on the end who can get pressure, then we're screwed! And you don't know that say Okafor may not come in and take Dunlap's job either.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-28-2012, 03:49 PM
RIPChrisHenry RIPChrisHenry is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 634
Rep Points: 360
Default Re: MOCKasins...A comfortable Draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGISunday View Post
Love the FA, love Ziggy and Porter. But Barr, too?

Barr's way too small for DE, and wouldn't he be redundant with Porter? Or do you plan on Porter being a weakside backer? If so...I could get on board with that...but don't there are a few more choices I'd put there first for weakside guy with more experience in coverage, considering I wouldn't qualify Barr as a coverage guy, either. He dropped like 5% of the time.

Edit: forgot the whole reason I opened the thread...bad pun, just bad :|
i am in love with all the sacks, i dont know if i want barr to play full time end, id rather him rush from the end position occasionally on third down or passing downs. maybe its just wishfull thinking but id love to have barr on the strong side move porter to WILL and move burfict inside.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-28-2012, 03:50 PM
RIPChrisHenry RIPChrisHenry is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 634
Rep Points: 360
Default Re: MOCKasins...A comfortable Draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsfromCanada View Post
I hope this draft doesnt happen, 3 pass rushers in the first 3 picks while we have the best sacking defense in the league
2 of those three pass rushers are better linebackers with pass rushing ability. quite down newbie.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-28-2012, 03:55 PM
RIPChrisHenry RIPChrisHenry is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 634
Rep Points: 360
Default Re: MOCKasins...A comfortable Draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstripes View Post
I agree, but you don't use a 1st round pick on a guy that is going to be a rotational or motivational player. It just doesn't improve the team at all.

This team is now in "win now" mode. We need to add guys at areas of weakness, not at areas of strength.
ur an idiot dude, barr is a rotational guy on the line, hes a starting outside linebacker our team, so in essence were getting two players in one with the ability to play him in 2 different positions, please quite down. nothing uve said has made football sense.. uve probably never played. not ur fault. if u think barr would come in and be a motivational/ rotational player your high and outa ur mind.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-28-2012, 04:01 PM
BengalsfromCanada BengalsfromCanada is offline
Graduated Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 32
Rep Points: 13
Default Re: MOCKasins...A comfortable Draft.

I do hope we get some linebacker in the draft but i think the offense and secondary should get 1 or 2 of those 3 picks
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-28-2012, 04:10 PM
Boywonder Boywonder is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 103
Rep Points: 86
Default Re: MOCKasins...A comfortable Draft.

That might be a reach on Barr in the first because he doesn't have a great body of work other than this year. I wounldnt draft him until the late 2nd just because Vernon Gohlston comes to mind.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-28-2012, 08:05 PM
Jasonew6's Avatar
Jasonew6 Jasonew6 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 14,764
Rep Points: 29777
Default Re: MOCKasins...A comfortable Draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPChrisHenry View Post
Re-Signings:
Andre Smith, Michael Johnson, Terrence Newman, Wallace Gilberry, Adam Jones, Rey Mauluga, Kevin Huber.

FA Signings:
RB Reggie Bush- Reggie in our offense would be unreal! espeacially coupled with Lacy. Eventually those two could take over the load for BJGE(not impressed at all, he is simply a product of a great run blocking offensive line.)
CB Sam Shields- Lengthy corner with good size speed and range...comes from a good crop of DB's and could be a great key player for us.
Leonard Pope- A good strong blocking TE who can also recieve as well. he wouldnt limit us in packages. With his size 6'8 270lb we wouldnt lose much by replacing D. Roland with Pope as our blocking TE.

Aprils Draft:
1.DE/OLBAnthony Barr- the combine along with his 15/16 sacks is going to shoot his stock way up to the late first...promise!
2a.DE Ziggy Ansah- Freak of a pass rusher, would be great in our rotation!
2b.OLB Sean Porter- good rusher, better outside linebacker. day 1 starter i think!
3.SS Bicarri Rambo- What do i really need to say here other than, we need a safety!
4.RB Eddie Lacy/Montee Ball/LeVion Bell- prefer lacy, but would be happy with any 3.
5.DT/DE Damien Square- A tweener, with good speed, who can play anywhere on the line for us...could create mismatches inside with his quickness.
6a.C/OG/OT Braden Hansen- Hes played Center but started the last 13 games at guard. With his size (6'6 315lb) and his smarts you could experiment with him at tackle as well. Smart, versatile, Olineman...u can never have enough.
6b.WR Marques Wilson- The guys was an idiot, flat out...but his talent, in this round, is worth the risk here!! Fresh start may be what he needs cuz the kids a stud.

Go Bengals!!

Bring on the haters!!!
I like the re-signings, but we have a TON of free agents not on your list.

Reggie Bush is not coming here. He wants to be an every down back, and will want more money than Mike/Marvin will be willing to pay. The other signings are feasible.

Not a fan of Barr. We have not had any look converting DEs to OLBs. Just draft an OLB to play OLB.

If we re-sign MJ and Gilberry I don't see the need to take more DEs that early.
__________________

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-28-2012, 10:28 PM
Hammerstripes Hammerstripes is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Atkinson, NE
Posts: 7,542
Rep Points: 6419
Default Re: MOCKasins...A comfortable Draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
Strength?? what happens if Dunlap or MJ gets hurt??? then we have nobody on the end who can get pressure, then we're screwed! And you don't know that say Okafor may not come in and take Dunlap's job either.
Well, I do know that if we drafted a safety in the first round he would have to be a complete bust to not step on the field immediately and replace Crocker.

I'm not saying that we don't take a DE, I'm just saying that taking the 6th best DE on the board in the first round would be a wasted pick.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-28-2012, 10:43 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: MOCKasins...A comfortable Draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstripes View Post
Well, I do know that if we drafted a safety in the first round he would have to be a complete bust to not step on the field immediately and replace Crocker.

I'm not saying that we don't take a DE, I'm just saying that taking the 6th best DE on the board in the first round would be a wasted pick.
You don't know that! And he might be BPA when we pick! Adding talent to an already good defense is never a waste. Like I told you Dunlap is very inconsistent and injury prone at times and we have nobody behind him who is any good. With no Safety worth a 1st rd pick and more than likely no LB worth a pick there(unless K Greene blows up the combine). You either take the best DE available or a WR.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-28-2012, 10:59 PM
Hammerstripes Hammerstripes is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Atkinson, NE
Posts: 7,542
Rep Points: 6419
Default Re: MOCKasins...A comfortable Draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
You don't know that! And he might be BPA when we pick! Adding talent to an already good defense is never a waste. Like I told you Dunlap is very inconsistent and injury prone at times and we have nobody behind him who is any good. With no Safety worth a 1st rd pick and more than likely no LB worth a pick there(unless K Greene blows up the combine). You either take the best DE available or a WR.
A few things:

1. There are a couple safeties that are carrying first round grades (Vaccaro and Reid).
2. Dunlap is not inconsistent, he may have some injury issues from time to time, but consistency is not an issue.
3. Why WASTE a pick on a guy that won't even be on the field for more than 25% of the plays? You can always get a pass rushing specialist in the 2nd or 3rd round.
4. I would not take the 6th best DE in the first round. That makes no sense.
5. Nobody really knows if a guy will be a good NFL player or a bust. I would roll the dice on a guy that is ranked #1 at his position long before I would take the 6th best guy at his position.
6. I would have no problem taking a WR or an OL in the first round if the right guy was there.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-28-2012, 11:08 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: MOCKasins...A comfortable Draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstripes View Post
A few things:

1. There are a couple safeties that are carrying first round grades (Vaccaro and Reid).
2. Dunlap is not inconsistent, he may have some injury issues from time to time, but consistency is not an issue.
3. Why WASTE a pick on a guy that won't even be on the field for more than 25% of the plays? You can always get a pass rushing specialist in the 2nd or 3rd round.
4. I would not take the 6th best DE in the first round. That makes no sense.
5. Nobody really knows if a guy will be a good NFL player or a bust. I would roll the dice on a guy that is ranked #1 at his position long before I would take the 6th best guy at his position.
6. I would have no problem taking a WR or an OL in the first round if the right guy was there.

As I stated you don't know that Okafor couldn't come in and take Dunlap's job. That's not all that far fetched. And depending on what draft site you're looking at Vacarro and Reid are both grading in the 2nd right now.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-29-2012, 12:48 AM
RIPChrisHenry RIPChrisHenry is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 634
Rep Points: 360
Default Re: MOCKasins...A comfortable Draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
As I stated you don't know that Okafor couldn't come in and take Dunlap's job. That's not all that far fetched. And depending on what draft site you're looking at Vacarro and Reid are both grading in the 2nd right now.

dude u need to get off dunlaps nuts...if u think he is performing the way he should then ur outa ur mind. hes always batteling injury at the begining of the season, and honestly were all still kinda waiting on him. hes got all the potential in the world...lets see him go do something with it on a CONSISTANT basis.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-29-2012, 12:49 AM
RIPChrisHenry RIPChrisHenry is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 634
Rep Points: 360
Default Re: MOCKasins...A comfortable Draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
As I stated you don't know that Okafor couldn't come in and take Dunlap's job. That's not all that far fetched. And depending on what draft site you're looking at Vacarro and Reid are both grading in the 2nd right now.

hes looking at his own draft site...idontknow****.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.