Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-28-2012, 08:13 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 61912
Default Re: New England Thought For The Day

We are going to be playing the texans again anyways.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:00 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2615

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHRacerX View Post
A lot of media and fans seem to already be dismissing the Bengals as another first round exit. I don't believe it will be a walk in the park by any stretch, but I believe the Bengals are capable of beating the Pats.

Consider this: the Patriots are in the AFC East (least), and they are 5-0 against those stalwarts. But they are currently 6-4 against the rest of the NFL.
I do not get why this would upset you, do you really think the media would say we are going to win, where have we shown that we can?

Throwing up their record against the rest of the NFL is just ridiculous, they lost to Seattle (at seattle), San Fran, and Baltimore. They have signature wins against Houston, Denver, and Indy. I mean you really want to start comparing schedules, we have only two wins against teams with winning records, Washington (week 3) and NYG after back to back road games, no bye yet 10 weeks into season, and dealing with Hurricane Sandy for two weeks.

Don't get me wrong, I believe we are capable of beating the Pats as well (if we play them), but just saying, pointing our their schedule isn't a viable argument in regards to our own schedule.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:17 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1427

the thing that scares me , is do we have enough DB's to cover all their rececivers ? were gonna have to sack Brady several times and dont give him time to pick us apart .
Old 12-29-2012, 12:55 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16671

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcommish<2009> View Post
the thing that scares me , is do we have enough DB's to cover all their rececivers ? were gonna have to sack Brady several times and dont give him time to pick us apart .
So, we then sack Brady several times and throw off his timing. Just like other 4-3 teams have done to him in the past.

I know Brady has been to 2 Super Bowls since the whole cheating thing, but they have not won one, and have been beaten in the play offs more than once.

The Pats and Brady were only dominate when they cheated.

Just think how good it will be to see Geno plant Brady, and Geisell (spelling, but I don't care) throwing another fit.

"I do solemnly swear to Protect and Defend the Consitution of the United States of America Against All Enemies Foereign and Domestic."
We swear to Protect and Defend a Consitution not a party, or a president
Old 12-29-2012, 09:19 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3730

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night's Watch View Post
I do not get why this would upset you, do you really think the media would say we are going to win, where have we shown that we can?

Throwing up their record against the rest of the NFL is just ridiculous, they lost to Seattle (at seattle), San Fran, and Baltimore. They have signature wins against Houston, Denver, and Indy. I mean you really want to start comparing schedules, we have only two wins against teams with winning records, Washington (week 3) and NYG after back to back road games, no bye yet 10 weeks into season, and dealing with Hurricane Sandy for two weeks.

Don't get me wrong, I believe we are capable of beating the Pats as well (if we play them), but just saying, pointing our their schedule isn't a viable argument in regards to our own schedule.
I believe it is very viable. You pointed out their non-conference schedule as tougher than the Bengals. It clearly was, but a trip to San Diego, a road game on the Thursday night special, Dallas on a roll, and a unique offense (the third team to see it) in Washington was not a cream puff, either. That winning record of opponents is similarly lame, as pissburg is .500 because of their loss to the Bengals. The part of New England's schedule you ignore is their six games against the Jets, Dolphins, and Bills. The sled of the steelers, ratbirds, and Browns is much more physical and talented. The pats went 6-4, the Bengals went 7-3 against their non-conference opponents.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:57 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 12190

The bigger they are the harder they fall.

Like our chances ! .
Old 12-29-2012, 10:12 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 2354

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliminate08 View Post

The Giants have created the blueprint of how to beat the Patriots and we pressure the QB
as much as anyone. Get to Brady, hit him and hit him again. Geno and the boyz will be
licking their chops going into New England.

And we play better on the road and the Pats Defense has tons of holes to take advantage
of. I could definately see this Bengals team going into New England and beating them.

We matchup very well with the Patriots.
My thoughts too!
Old 12-29-2012, 10:21 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
I couldn't agree more. The Colts are going to get a W tomorrow, as are New England.

It doesn't matter what we do... We're going to Texas... YEE HAAA!
Old 12-29-2012, 10:31 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20094

I think we have the talent for the upset, I am just not sure on the coaching part though. I see Grudan as an average coordinator while our offense hasnt been playing good enough to beat the Pats at their place. As much I am a fan of Dalton, he has to play to better period as well. I don't know, just hard for me to pick us to win as much as I want to, regardless of our defense and our d-line.

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown
We did some good things today. - Marvin Lewis

Last edited by Millz; 12-29-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:55 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2126

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
The Pats won't score 21 points on our defense. Tom Brady will spend a week in the whirlpool after the carnage ends. Excuse me, but I'm choosing to believe. I feel like our boys have earned that much.
Our defense is vastly underrated and overlooked but I think holding them to under 21 would be their best performance of the year. It would take a complete game not only by the defense but by the offense and special teams also. The offence would have to move to ball and keep Brady off the field and ST would have to keep the field position in our favor.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:32 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 90

Up here in New England the Sports Hub radio (98.5 FM) guys were saying that they would rather have Indy because even though they will win,Cincinnati leaves the Pats "beat-up".
Gruden and Marvin have to get it together and coach,manage and adjust like its the NFL and our guys have to execute without mistakes and penalties.

Our Bengals can defeat this Patriot team. GO BENGALS!!!!
Old 12-29-2012, 11:36 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 90

Hey superstitious fans. Is it a good omen that the NFL Sunday ticket channel for the Bengals broadcast is 711.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:37 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2782

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega IV View Post
So the #27 defence in the NFL is going to try and mimic the #1 defence in the NFL? They'll be able to change their philosophy full circle in time for round one?

Hmmm...

Pray... they're that stupid. Pray, we're that lucky. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLqpBHF5u6s

Who dey.
Those are yardage rankings. In points per game, New England gives up less than two points more than the Steelers per game. I agree that New England may not have the personnel to do it as effectively as the Steelers, but stupidity would be ignoring an obvious blueprint that WORKED.

And defense is spelled with an "s" in the United States.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:46 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 26812
bengals Re: New England Thought For The Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post

Doubt it.

Us playing the Pats looks much more likely.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:38 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1681
bengals Re: New England Thought For The Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorobredbullies View Post
Our defense is vastly underrated and overlooked but I think holding them to under 21 would be their best performance of the year. It would take a complete game not only by the defense but by the offense and special teams also. The offence would have to move to ball and keep Brady off the field and ST would have to keep the field position in our favor.
Think about this,.the best case for us is to play the texans first. we NEED A PLAYOFF WIN FIRST to feel good about ourselves BEFORE FACING THE PATS.THEIR coach is excellent at breaking down teams and taking away their strengths, i do not want to play the pats first. thats just too big of a challenge to start the playoffs with. lets go whip the texans first and build the confidence first. it would be so picking hard to go to new england first. trust me, you do not want to do that.i know our defense is good and all that, but lets beat a playoff team FIRST. ITS SO IMPORTANT.