Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-02-2012, 04:12 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 27593
Default Re: Mike Florio

We deserve to be bashed sometimes, but Florio rarely gives the Bengals props and when the Steelers 4th round pick (can't remember his name) went on a drunken rampage, they hardly said 2 words about it. That sight is full of Steelers homers. They've admitted it a couple times through the years.

Florio grew up in east Ohio right by the Pennsylvania border (Steelers country). He then practiced law in Pittsburgh before moving to West Virginia (also Steelers country). Thus, you have to take what he says about the Bengals with a grain of salt usually.

If Dalton averages over 30 passes per game in 2014, I win. If he averages less than 30, you win. Loser can't post in any Dalton threads for 1 year. You game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by umkubas View Post
Yes, log it.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:56 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 687

florio and I don't get along. I have been banned from there for weeks at a time. I sent an email to the NBC sports VP of Pro football complaining about his one-handedness. He didn't like that. I didn't have a post approved for two months after that.

His site really does not state a proper terms of service, stating they can delete posts for basically any reason, including those that make him look bad.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:27 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1351

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdub2005 View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ter-a-sellout/

Alright so does anyone else notice that this guy gets his rocks off writing negative about the bengals. He seems to let anything positive be wrote about bengals be done by other writers, but whenever there is a shot to take at Who Dey Nation he is ALWAYS the writer.
Just what is there positive about this team right now anyway? Maybe he wants to keep his job?
Old 11-03-2012, 08:44 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12921

Quote:
Not at all! But dude is always picking the negative press articles to write about the bengals. I wonder if he is an ex-bengals fan who is spiteful or just a steelers fan.

I'll bump this thread next time (prolly not anytime soon) something positive is wrote about the Bengals by PFT, I will sig bet its NOT by Florio.

And again for the record I agree with florio in this instance, just his hate of the bengals gets annoying.
Whiner.

When you read about another team you laugh and don't notice. When you read about the Bengals you get mad and feel need to rant about it.

The dude is from Shinnston WV and grew up a Steelers fan, but cut the guy a break he does it to every team, even Pittsburgh.

RUNNING TO THE JUNGLE '13
Old 11-04-2012, 12:31 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinksjinx View Post
Whiner.

When you read about another team you laugh and don't notice. When you read about the Bengals you get mad and feel need to rant about it.

The dude is from Shinnston WV and grew up a Steelers fan, but cut the guy a break he does it to every team, even Pittsburgh.
I disagree. He does it to a few teams, but certainly not every team. The only time he picked on the Steelers was during the whole Roethlisberger fiasco, when he pretty much had to. The incident where the Steelers 4th round pick nearly mowed down 2 Pittsburgh police officers in a drunken rage was practically ignored.

Had that been a Bengal, you know that there would've been 10 stories on it calling out the Bengals for harboring criminals. You know this. Florio's favorite punching bag is anyone openly professing their faith (Kurt Warner/Tim Tebow), but he certainly takes a disproportionate amount of jabs at the Bengals.

If Dalton averages over 30 passes per game in 2014, I win. If he averages less than 30, you win. Loser can't post in any Dalton threads for 1 year. You game?
Quote:
Yes, log it.

Last edited by Shake n Blake; 11-04-2012 at 12:35 AM.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:13 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2527

He kind of has a point.

Next year our schedule will be easier and they will go 9-7, ok we're good again. The year after tough schedule 6-10, we ****. Rise and repeat.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:34 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 770

I don't care what point he makes. What an unprofessional joke of a writer.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:22 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12921

I don't know, I don't mind him because I read damn near every article on that website and he takes jabs at a lot of teams. It's just polarized when it's the Bengals.

He had a perfect chance to take a crack at Dalton in his recent article and didn't but made a great point at the end.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...but-he-should/

RUNNING TO THE JUNGLE '13
Old 11-04-2012, 08:10 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8759

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinksjinx View Post
I don't know, I don't mind him because I read damn near every article on that website and he takes jabs at a lot of teams. It's just polarized when it's the Bengals.

He had a perfect chance to take a crack at Dalton in his recent article and didn't but made a great point at the end.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...but-he-should/
Wow. A three game winning streak? The guy can't even proof-read his article. A short one at that. That mistake at the end should fall on NBC sports online staff. I'm sure there is someone hired to review what is posted by the writers.

Andy Dalton feels no pressure in response to coach’s comments, but he should

Posted by Mike Florio on November 1, 2012, 9:38 AM EST
APBengals coach Marvin Lewis wants quarterback Andy Dalton and linebacker Rey Maualuga to step up and become more fiery, vocal leaders.
The fiery-haired Dalton says he’s up to the challenge'

We’re leaders of our unit,” Dalton said Wednesday, in a video posted at Bengals.com. “And for Rey, he’s leader of the defense. I’m the leader of the offense. So I mean it’s a challenge for us. [Lewis] believes in us. Nothing that he’s doubting us or anything like that. It’s a challenge. We’re where we are. Nothing we can do about it right now. We’ll just improve and get better.”
As to whether the coach’s comments give Dalton a green light to be a jerk, Dalton said with a laugh, “Maybe I should have staged a fight today or something. That would have been good.”
He’s joking, but maybe he shouldn’t have been. Lewis is looking for something specific and tangible and jarring. Something that will get the attention of other players, making it clear that they are accountable to their on-field leaders.

“I don’t feel any pressure,” Dalton said. “What it comes down to is me being me, and hopefully doing enough that it’s gonna satisfy him.”
But isn’t Lewis saying that Dalton being Dalton isn’t enough? That it’s time for him to step up and be something more?
In fairness to Dalton, he realizes that it’s time to change. “It’s the natural progression of it,” Dalton said. “As a rookie, you come in, you’re meeting new people. Now in the second year, it’s your offense. It’s your team. And that’s how I’ve got to treat it.”

Here’s the problem. Through seven games, the Bengals are 3-4, including an ongoing three-game winning streak. And if Dalton is looking for a good example of what it means to step up and take over a team as a non-rookie, he needs to pay very close attention to what Peyton Manning does when the Broncos come to Paul Brown Stadium on Sunday.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:22 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8477

To anyone thinking that any member of the media seeks out to "take jabs" at the Bengals, you need to wake the eff up and put down the kool aid.

Ive said it before and I'll say it again..

The Bengals deserve all of it. They havent done jack **** to deserve otherwise. 20+ years and no playoff victories, numerous player issues, and horrible coaching and ownership... I mean come on, its hard to find anything really positive to write about with this team.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:04 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowxdiscipline View Post
To anyone thinking that any member of the media seeks out to "take jabs" at the Bengals, you need to wake the eff up and put down the kool aid.

Ive said it before and I'll say it again..

The Bengals deserve all of it. They havent done jack **** to deserve otherwise. 20+ years and no playoff victories, numerous player issues, and horrible coaching and ownership... I mean come on, its hard to find anything really positive to write about with this team.
That's probably the first time I've been accused of being a kool-aid sipper. Look, I know Mike Brown ***** (he's so incompetant it's maddening), Marvin Lewis should've been fired after 2008, etc. But we have had 3 playoff seasons and even during those playoff seasons Mike Florio was throwing jabs at the Bengals.

Usually some lazy BS about us harboring a disproportionate amount of criminals (which hasn't been true since 2006). I have no respect for that. It's one thing to point out the truth. It's something else when the guy just takes immature jabs at us and promotes ideas that simply aren't true. This isn't about the media in general, because most members of sports media are generally fair to us. Mike Florio is not.

Quote:
Yes, log it.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:12 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3235

Quote:

Alright so does anyone else notice that this guy gets his rocks off writing negative about the bengals. He seems to let anything positive be wrote about bengals be done by other writers, but whenever there is a shot to take at Who Dey Nation he is ALWAYS the writer.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-game-sellout/

Another example of Florio being a dbag. I hope he is crying into his tear stained terrible towel.

"The IR has been renamed "The Carlos Dunlap" protection program."
Old 12-28-2012, 09:08 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3022

Quote:

Another example of Florio being a dbag. I hope he is crying into his tear stained terrible towel.
That guy said we were spoiled and got 87 dislikes. lol

Old 12-28-2012, 09:10 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh View Post
That guy said we were spoiled and got 87 dislikes. lol
My bad 88

Old 12-28-2012, 09:11 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:

I commented on that story and said that the Bengals are a 93.3% capacity for the season and listed the 9 teams we are ahead of in that regard. Also mentioned our 57 game sell out streak. Of course, Floria deleted my comment, but left up the one saying the Bengals should be moved to LA. Florio was born and raised in Steeler country, so it's probably killing him that we knocked his team out.

Quote:
Yes, log it.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:15 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 21476
bengals Re: Mike Florio

Quote:

So why pay any attention to him?
Old 12-28-2012, 09:52 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3235

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
So why pay any attention to him?
Good point, but I do like PFT's links to sources, but I can always guess a Florio article. Someone who writes so negativity must of not of had enough hugs as a kid, or maybe too many

"The IR has been renamed "The Carlos Dunlap" protection program."
Old 12-28-2012, 11:21 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 26252

Mike Florio wrote that article on November 2 -- and at that point in the season he was spot-on correct. I'm sure he feels differently now and if I get a chance I'll ask.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:25 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan_in_Kettering View Post
Mike Florio wrote that article on November 2 -- and at that point in the season he was spot-on correct. I'm sure he feels differently now and if I get a chance I'll ask.
The one Pdub posted a link for was from today. Florio is still at it.

Quote:
Yes, log it.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:32 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 26252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
The one Pdub posted a link for was from today. Florio is still at it.
Mike and I need to have a chat.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:48 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3948
Bal Re: Mike Florio

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
Do you disagree with anything he said?
Puleeeeze, 2 month old article, Disagree.....he's wrong. On top of that, what he says doesn't matter!

Last edited by graphicguy; 12-28-2012 at 11:50 PM.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:14 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 16879

Quote:

He made hos bones writing quippy, stupid things about everything.

Who gives a crap?
Old 12-29-2012, 12:48 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4224

I would pay to see Whitworth Choke slam him. If that means anything.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:53 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 16358

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphicguy View Post
Puleeeeze, 2 month old article, Disagree.....he's wrong. On top of that, what he says doesn't matter!
That reply was 2 months old

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 12-29-2012, 02:13 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan_in_Kettering View Post
Mike and I need to have a chat.
My bad. Pdubs link was to the old story. Here is his latest:

He really didn't slam us or anything, but I still think it's silly to call us "fickle" after all we've been through.

Quote:
Yes, log it.