Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 12-29-2012, 03:05 AM
Dmac18's Avatar
Dmac18 Dmac18 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,285
Rep Points: 3192
Default Re: Screw history

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
It has to do with self esteem issues and insecurity. The only way some people can make themselves feel superior is to always put down others.

People like this will still say the Bengals are not deserving of their praise even if they win the Super Bowl.

What a sad pathetic life these people must lead.
Yup that's pretty spot on.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 12-29-2012, 03:11 AM
Johnny Cupcakes's Avatar
Johnny Cupcakes Johnny Cupcakes is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The District
Posts: 12,080
Rep Points: 22088
Default Re: Screw history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Happy Pants View Post
Worked for the saints or aka aints. Patriots used to be a horrible franchise believe it or not.

I BELIEVE
Nearly every team in the league has been a pretty bad team for a stretch or two in their history. The problem with the Bengals is that stretch was a really long time. They're nothing close to a bad team anymore, but I'm anxious to see this playoff win.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 12-29-2012, 05:25 AM
Dabo614's Avatar
Dabo614 Dabo614 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 7,419
Rep Points: 5905
Default Re: Screw history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac18 View Post
Let me know how that living in the passed works out. As for me I got some good times ahead. If you can't look around and see the difference o well, no sweat of my balls. Same results huh so 2 playoffs 2 years in a row" 30 years" but yeah that's the same old right? and backed into the playoffs? Well if 6 and 1 riding into the tail end of a hard schedule is backing in than i'm confused. If anyone really thought that steelers game was going to go any different than there's really no hope. They were playing for everything and we were to. But going into there house with the playoffs on the line and we walk away with the W but hey that's the same old right? And what's wrong with dreaming i was alway's told to dream big. It's much better than living a pitty party and just waiting for the chance to rain on someones parade.


If you bother to read my post im not living in the past,,,we still have the same regime running this team which means im living in the current.

I will continue to watch and root for this team but i will not get my hopes up every year until they prove they are legit contenders, squeaking into back to back wildcard playoff games (one and done on one other TBD) is not my idea of legit.

And yes its the same ole,,,team should have been 12-4 and division champs, again i see our coach making bonehead calls, i see our guys not prepared half the time and losing games they had no business losing, yes same ole. I dont care if they finally made the playoffs 2 years in row,,,i dont care until they start winning them.

The only change i have seen is we have a diff group of players now and most of them are all young and seem to get along well. All i can hope is they dont get bungalized like all the others before them and wind up wanting out of cincy.
__________________
When the water splashes up, "ffffffuuuuu"!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 12-29-2012, 05:28 AM
Dabo614's Avatar
Dabo614 Dabo614 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 7,419
Rep Points: 5905
Default Re: Screw history

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
It has to do with self esteem issues and insecurity. The only way some people can make themselves feel superior is to always put down others.

People like this will still say the Bengals are not deserving of their praise even if they win the Super Bowl.

What a sad pathetic life these people must lead.

Speaking my opinion about a football team on a blog to some guy named Dmac is now somehow putting him down?

"What a sad pathetic life these people must lead"

Need i remind you and everyone else that TWO times you have personally insulted my family Fred, one of those times you included my children,,but according to you im putting others down because i dont think the bengals have changed and will go one and done again and i live a sad pathetic life.
__________________
When the water splashes up, "ffffffuuuuu"!!!!

Last edited by Dabo614; 12-29-2012 at 05:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 12-29-2012, 09:46 AM
fortyyearfan fortyyearfan is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,993
Rep Points: 1681
bengals Re: Screw history

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
Actually those who can not get over past failures are doomed to repeat them.

I knew a guy who had a few bad relationships with women. Then he just started dismisssing every woman he met without even giving them a chance because he "remembered history" which had taught him that all relationships with women would end in failure.

He is still living alone.

Raising goats or chickens or something like that I believe.
MY late father taught his sons to always be nice to all women, short ones, fat ones, skinny ones,tall ones, ugly ones,all kinds. one day when my brother and i were about 6 and 7 years old, we were riding in the back of his 52 pontiac and a car pulled up beside of us with two fat girls in it and me and donnie, my brother started making faces at them and yelling fat stuff at them. dad pulled over and reached in back and jerked both of us up to his face and yelled at us this comment!! don't you boyes EVER do that again because IF YOU DO,WHEN YOU GROW UP, GOD will take ALL WOMEN AWAY FROM YOU FOREVER,even the pretty ones.here we are a couple little guys and figuring dad had a direct line to GOD.WE WERE FREAKED OUT. both of us to this day still remember that day and i can honestly say, we have lots of lady friends and have never looked back. LIFE IS GOOD, MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS, AND OH YES MY BENGALS ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS, AND THE STOOLERS ARE NOT.NOW LETS GO, LETS ROCK OUR HOUSE ONE MORE TIME!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 12-29-2012, 09:58 AM
fortyyearfan fortyyearfan is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,993
Rep Points: 1681
bengals Re: Screw history

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperBAT32 View Post
Point of the thread....Screw History.....this is now,not one of us can do anything about the past even when we were there watching it.
Point is:This is now.....who has the heart of a Bengal?I DO.....WE DO....Bring on the next prey.
The Bengal Tiger is on the brink of extinction......are we going to argue about ownership and coaching and bad play calling?NO...NOT ME....I BELIEVE.REGARDLESS........We are fans of this team,PERIOD.The Bengals represent an animal of magnitude,strength,and majesty.Who among you do not get choked up when you see that Defensive line destroy an opposing play?THIS YEAR,NOW....STAND UP AND BE HEARD RIGHT NOW!WHO DEY!!!!!!
I HEAR ALL OF YOU about marvin lewis teams last 10 years, and i agree with you on alot of this stuff and i have slammed the previous teams as much as anyone and this year as well,BUT I WILL BE THE FIRST TO SAY THIS AFTER 44 YEARS.i like this team and i am feeling like there is something different about them.one thing i really like, they play hard and fight like crazy, which i love about them.i hope i am right, but this team seems to have some magic about it and i have never said that.they are giving me hope and excitment.if they continue to play FAST and fight hard, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN. I AM STARTING TO BELIEVE, YOU BELIEVE THAT???
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 12-29-2012, 10:02 AM
tbone77's Avatar
tbone77 tbone77 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,188
Rep Points: 36445
Default Re: Screw history

Yea screw history! Screw English too! And screw algebra!
__________________
Welcome to P&R Island.

Where you find this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SociopathicSteelerFan View Post
You... being a... racist
Quote:
Originally Posted by SociopathicSteelerFan View Post
you've made a lot of racist statements in this thread...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SociopathicSteelerFan View Post
I'll take my being a pompous *** over your being a vile racist.
Followed immediately by this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SociopathicSteelerFan View Post
I don't, personally, think you're a racist.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 12-29-2012, 12:18 PM
Whatever Whatever is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 8,817
Rep Points: 20726
Default Re: Screw history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabo614 View Post
If you bother to read my post im not living in the past,,,we still have the same regime running this team which means im living in the current.

I will continue to watch and root for this team but i will not get my hopes up every year until they prove they are legit contenders, squeaking into back to back wildcard playoff games (one and done on one other TBD) is not my idea of legit.

And yes its the same ole,,,team should have been 12-4 and division champs, again i see our coach making bonehead calls, i see our guys not prepared half the time and losing games they had no business losing, yes same ole. I dont care if they finally made the playoffs 2 years in row,,,i dont care until they start winning them.

The only change i have seen is we have a diff group of players now and most of them are all young and seem to get along well. All i can hope is they dont get bungalized like all the others before them and wind up wanting out of cincy.
The issue with the "same regime" argument is that it fails to account for something extremely important. People can actually get BETTER at their jobs. The fact that Bengals' fans can watch young players progress and get better over the years, but are totally blinded to the fact that a coach or even an owner can improve over time with experience is laughable to me.

For most of Mike Brown's career, the only real area of management that he showed he was any good at was cap management. He made poor coaching hires, and he failed miserably to stock the roster with enough talent to be successful. However, now the Bengals have a good, young talent base, two assitant coaches are talked about as being potential head coaches and two previous Bengals' assistants have gone on to be head coaches. Plus, he is still managing the cap well like he always has. Like Mike Brown, or not, it can't be denied that he has shown dramatic improvement sine hiring Marvin Lewis.

Then, onto Marvin Lewis. Marvin is not the greatest HC in the entire league, but he is FAR from the worst. He is truthfully probably in the upper 1/3 of head coaches in the league. In 10 years as HC, the Bengals have earned 4 playoff berths with 2 division titles. They have finished .500 or better in 7 of those 10 seasons. During this decade under Marvin, 11 teams have made the playoffs more than the Bengas[Atlanta, Green Bay, Seattle, Denver, New England, Baltimore, Indianapolis, New York Giants, Pittsburgh, Philidelphia, and San Diego] and 17 have made it fewer times.

Over the last decade, the Bengals are in the top half of the league when it comes to making the playoffs. The long suffering fans act has been null and void for quite awhile, now, or at least any credibility behind it has long since been gone.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 12-29-2012, 12:26 PM
Dabo614's Avatar
Dabo614 Dabo614 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 7,419
Rep Points: 5905
Default Re: Screw history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
The issue with the "same regime" argument is that it fails to account for something extremely important. People can actually get BETTER at their jobs. The fact that Bengals' fans can watch young players progress and get better over the years, but are totally blinded to the fact that a coach or even an owner can improve over time with experience is laughable to me.

For most of Mike Brown's career, the only real area of management that he showed he was any good at was cap management. He made poor coaching hires, and he failed miserably to stock the roster with enough talent to be successful. However, now the Bengals have a good, young talent base, two assitant coaches are talked about as being potential head coaches and two previous Bengals' assistants have gone on to be head coaches. Plus, he is still managing the cap well like he always has. Like Mike Brown, or not, it can't be denied that he has shown dramatic improvement sine hiring Marvin Lewis.

Then, onto Marvin Lewis. Marvin is not the greatest HC in the entire league, but he is FAR from the worst. He is truthfully probably in the upper 1/3 of head coaches in the league. In 10 years as HC, the Bengals have earned 4 playoff berths with 2 division titles. They have finished .500 or better in 7 of those 10 seasons. During this decade under Marvin, 11 teams have made the playoffs more than the Bengas[Atlanta, Green Bay, Seattle, Denver, New England, Baltimore, Indianapolis, New York Giants, Pittsburgh, Philidelphia, and San Diego] and 17 have made it fewer times.

Over the last decade, the Bengals are in the top half of the league when it comes to making the playoffs. The long suffering fans act has been null and void for quite awhile, now, or at least any credibility behind it has long since been gone.


Still has a losing record,,,still hasnt won a playoff game,,= still has not got better.

There has been no dramatic improvement as you say since hiring lewis, we went from trash to mediocre and have failed to go any higher.

"upper 1/3 HCs in the league"

And its people like you for the reason this team will never get better,,,you all are either satisfied with 8-8/9-7 seasons or for some strange twilight zone reason you think marvin is in the upper 1/3 in coaching in the NFL. Again in his 10 seasons,,,losing record,,,ZERO playoff wins does not = upper 1/3 in coaching. And i could care less about making the playoffs, i care about winning in them in which the bengals are right around if not at dead last the past 20 seasons.

"The long suffering fans act has been null and void for quite awhile, now, or at least any credibility behind it has long since been gone"

And you sir are a flat out jerk off for making a statement like that, many of us have been fans since the 80s or longer and frankly we are sick of the garbage,,we are sick of not winning playoffs,,we are sick of not having a SB title and we desire more, but i guess that makes us shmucks.
__________________
When the water splashes up, "ffffffuuuuu"!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 12-29-2012, 01:02 PM
Dmac18's Avatar
Dmac18 Dmac18 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,285
Rep Points: 3192
Default Re: Screw history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabo614 View Post
Still has a losing record,,,still hasnt won a playoff game,,= still has not got better.

There has been no dramatic improvement as you say since hiring lewis, we went from trash to mediocre and have failed to go any higher.

"upper 1/3 HCs in the league"

And its people like you for the reason this team will never get better,,,you all are either satisfied with 8-8/9-7 seasons or for some strange twilight zone reason you think marvin is in the upper 1/3 in coaching in the NFL. Again in his 10 seasons,,,losing record,,,ZERO playoff wins does not = upper 1/3 in coaching. And i could care less about making the playoffs, i care about winning in them in which the bengals are right around if not at dead last the past 20 seasons.

"The long suffering fans act has been null and void for quite awhile, now, or at least any credibility behind it has long since been gone"

And you sir are a flat out jerk off for making a statement like that, many of us have been fans since the 80s or longer and frankly we are sick of the garbage,,we are sick of not winning playoffs,,we are sick of not having a SB title and we desire more, but i guess that makes us shmucks.


Get with it or go away. No one is putting a gun to your head. It's negitive nancy's like you're self that cause us grief.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 12-29-2012, 01:03 PM
THE PISTONS's Avatar
THE PISTONS THE PISTONS is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,739
Rep Points: 8689
Default Re: Screw history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
They don't care about our history because they didn't have to deal with it. I've been a fan for 20 years and I've seen more 12 loss seasons than winning ones. Never enjoyed a playoff win. Let that sink in for a moment. 20 years is a long time. So until I see some real success, the past will always come up occasionally.
With all the parity in the NFL...no playoff win in 22+ years is truly amazing. When we even make the playoffs as a 6th seed people talk like we won the Super Bowl on these boards and like Mike Brown is a genius.


Until we start winning in the playoffs we won't get respect.

While I like the playoffs, I'm still not confident that the organization is fully using its resources to put the best roster on the field. This year that's in the form of no #2 WR and possibly Safety.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 12-29-2012, 01:06 PM
THE PISTONS's Avatar
THE PISTONS THE PISTONS is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,739
Rep Points: 8689
Default Re: Screw history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabo614 View Post
Still has a losing record,,,still hasnt won a playoff game,,= still has not got better.

There has been no dramatic improvement as you say since hiring lewis, we went from trash to mediocre and have failed to go any higher.

"upper 1/3 HCs in the league"

And its people like you for the reason this team will never get better,,,you all are either satisfied with 8-8/9-7 seasons or for some strange twilight zone reason you think marvin is in the upper 1/3 in coaching in the NFL. Again in his 10 seasons,,,losing record,,,ZERO playoff wins does not = upper 1/3 in coaching. And i could care less about making the playoffs, i care about winning in them in which the bengals are right around if not at dead last the past 20 seasons.

"The long suffering fans act has been null and void for quite awhile, now, or at least any credibility behind it has long since been gone"

And you sir are a flat out jerk off for making a statement like that, many of us have been fans since the 80s or longer and frankly we are sick of the garbage,,we are sick of not winning playoffs,,we are sick of not having a SB title and we desire more, but i guess that makes us shmucks.
Lewis has done this with the same organizational structure that other coaches failed with her. That's what you fail to recognize.

Had he went to a team like the Ravens as HC that has a good GM I fully expect he would be as successful as Harbaugh.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 12-29-2012, 01:08 PM
Dmac18's Avatar
Dmac18 Dmac18 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,285
Rep Points: 3192
Default Re: Screw history

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
With all the parity in the NFL...no playoff win in 22+ years is truly amazing. When we even make the playoffs as a 6th seed people talk like we won the Super Bowl on these boards and like Mike Brown is a genius.


Until we start winning in the playoffs we won't get respect.

While I like the playoffs, I'm still not confident that the organization is fully using its resources to put the best roster on the field. This year that's in the form of no #2 WR and possibly Safety.
It's an improvement no? I never stated that we are the most dominant team in the league and we're a dynasty and such. But we are very much improved and we are NOT bungals anymore is that really hard to see. We are getting better every year what more could you ask for. In today's leage it's hard *** **** to build up a SB contending team we are close if other's can't see that than oh well. But for the so called fans out there just waiting in the weeds till something bad happens and than come and be bungal this and we **** and all that crap. Sounds like some damn closet Steelers fans. WHODEY b itches ! WHODEY!!!!

Last edited by Dmac18; 12-29-2012 at 01:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 12-29-2012, 01:14 PM
THE PISTONS's Avatar
THE PISTONS THE PISTONS is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,739
Rep Points: 8689
Default Re: Screw history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac18 View Post
It's an improvement no? I never stated that we are the most dominant team in the leage and we're a dynasty and such. But we are very much improved and we are NOT bungals anymore is that really hard to see. We are getting better every year what more could you ask for. In today's leage it's hard *** **** to build up a SB contending team we are close if other's can't see that than oh well. But for the so called fans out there just waiting in the weeds toill something bad happens and than come and be bungal this and we **** and all that crap. Sounds like some damn closet Steelers fans. WHODEY b itches ! WHODEY!!!!
I wasn't replying to your post. I don't even think I saw it.

Its an improvement. We went from the bottom dwellers to the middle to upper middle class.

Every other team has won a playoff game since we last did. The league is set up for bad teams to become good. One has to admit that Shakes point about never seeing a playoff win is pretty stunning in a parity driven league.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 12-29-2012, 01:20 PM
Dmac18's Avatar
Dmac18 Dmac18 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,285
Rep Points: 3192
Default Re: Screw history

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
I wasn't replying to your post. I don't even think I saw it.

Its an improvement. We went from the bottom dwellers to the middle to upper middle class.

Every other team has won a playoff game since we last did. The league is set up for bad teams to become good. One has to admit that Shakes point about never seeing a playoff win is pretty stunning in a parity driven league.
lol my bad, I don't what I did I meant to respond to someone else. Its all good though. Well the fact is yes in the past we ****** more than people thought even possible but for people to look around right now and lable it the same old same old is just not right. We are making strides every year and i just wan't people to see that.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 12-29-2012, 01:23 PM
THE PISTONS's Avatar
THE PISTONS THE PISTONS is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,739
Rep Points: 8689
Default Re: Screw history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac18 View Post
lol my bad, I don't what I did I meant to respond to someone else. Its all good though. Well the fact is yes in the past we ****** more than people thought even possible but for people to look around right now and lable it the same old same old is just not right. We are making strides every year and i just wan't people to see that.
We're definitely light Years ahead.

The one thing I see that I disagree with is I don't take it as a foregone conclusion that we will beat the Patriots. Our offense is an issue now.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 12-29-2012, 01:33 PM
Dmac18's Avatar
Dmac18 Dmac18 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,285
Rep Points: 3192
Default Re: Screw history

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
We're definitely light Years ahead.

The one thing I see that I disagree with is I don't take it as a foregone conclusion that we will beat the Patriots. Our offense is an issue now.
I can agree with that. But i think we will do much better than people think. I hope the team that played against the Giant's shows up. Sanu hurt more than i thought it would but i think jones will come along just in time. He started to at the Steelers game and he has 2 more weeks so i can see that happen.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 12-29-2012, 01:43 PM
rfaulk34's Avatar
rfaulk34 rfaulk34 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Covington, Ky
Posts: 14,093
Rep Points: 16987
Default Re: Screw history

I'll be the first to admit that i've flown off the handle with this team over the years. Even as recently as earlier this year. I've always felt that whenever i've gone off the deep end it was for good reason. Deriding the outcome of the team or a circumstance instead of just saying player X or player Y *****, Mike Brown *****, Marvin Lewis *****, etc. etc.

Following this team rabidly since '78 has given me much more experience dealing with their performance and results than someone that's been a fan since, even, the '90s. Seeing some moderate to good season's along with the bad ones, judging the FO and team against other NFL teams, it's been easy to justify my feelings toward the team. I will say this, though. This year i've seen something i've never personally witnessed with this Bengals team before. A 6-1 stretch (last game yet tbd) to finish the season after a 3-5 start. Previous playoff teams or teams with above average records-- even the SB years-- usually were the result of good starts followed by limping to the finish.

As much as i'm still tempted to compare previous years to this year's team, recent changes keep slapping me in the face. Better drafts, better free agency pickups and the biggest--the 6 and 1 record. Putting the past to rest is difficult but this team deserves that much for what they've been able to do this far. Will they lose this Sunday? Maybe. Will they lose in the first round of the Playoffs? Maybe.

I'm not trying to tell anyone else how to think but, for me, a change in attitude is in order. This team deserves it.
__________________
"We are the one's that wanna choose. Always wanna play but you never wanna lose."- Serj Tankian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Yes, they will both have a role. MLJ will be the WR2. And Sanu will be the 5th or 6th receiving option.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 12-29-2012, 01:57 PM
eliminate08's Avatar
eliminate08 eliminate08 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Star Valley, Wyoming
Posts: 19,446
Rep Points: 26714
bengals Re: Screw history

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
I'll be the first to admit that i've flown off the handle with this team over the years. Even as recently as earlier this year. I've always felt that whenever i've gone off the deep end it was for good reason. Deriding the outcome of the team or a circumstance instead of just saying player X or player Y *****, Mike Brown *****, Marvin Lewis *****, etc. etc.

Following this team rabidly since '78 has given me much more experience dealing with their performance and results than someone that's been a fan since, even, the '90s. Seeing some moderate to good season's along with the bad ones, judging the FO and team against other NFL teams, it's been easy to justify my feelings toward the team. I will say this, though. This year i've seen something i've never personally witnessed with this Bengals team before. A 6-1 stretch (last game yet tbd) to finish the season after a 3-5 start. Previous playoff teams or teams with above average records-- even the SB years-- usually were the result of good starts followed by limping to the finish.

As much as i'm still tempted to compare previous years to this year's team, recent changes keep slapping me in the face. Better drafts, better free agency pickups and the biggest--the 6 and 1 record. Putting the past to rest is difficult but this team deserves that much for what they've been able to do this far. Will they lose this Sunday? Maybe. Will they lose in the first round of the Playoffs? Maybe.

I'm not trying to tell anyone else how to think but, for me, a change in attitude is in order. This team deserves it.


Nice post. We are hot for once going into the playoffs, these are the type of teams that win it all often.

Also, the loss to the Broncos and the loss to the Cowboys could have went the other way pretty easily.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 12-29-2012, 03:11 PM
Dabo614's Avatar
Dabo614 Dabo614 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 7,419
Rep Points: 5905
Default Re: Screw history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac18 View Post


Get with it or go away. No one is putting a gun to your head. It's negitive nancy's like you're self that cause us grief.



Nothing i do changes anything about you,,,however on the flipside its non realist fantasy land livers like you who allow mike brown to continue to do what he does and gives US grief.

This argument is beyond stupid,,,we havent won a playoff game in 20+ years now,,,we have a coach that cannot get over the hump and our owner refuses to can him,,,we see the same crap year after year, yet im a "negative nancy"??

This would be different if i were a steeler fan and did this every year,,,then i would be a negative nance as they regularly field winning teams,,and have won what 6 SBs now? I would be a total doosh if i were a pitt fan and constantly complained.

You know,,,the losing doesnt even bother me that much anymore,,,you want to know what makes me yell and scream at the TV during a bengal game? MARVIN LEWIS,,,my own wife (who is a browns fan) laughs everytiime she watches a cincy game with me as even she can point out the stupidity of our HC. He is the one holding this team back and its a damn shame considering we got all this young nice talent to build on for a dynasty.
__________________
When the water splashes up, "ffffffuuuuu"!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 12-29-2012, 03:19 PM
Dabo614's Avatar
Dabo614 Dabo614 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 7,419
Rep Points: 5905
Default Re: Screw history

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
Lewis has done this with the same organizational structure that other coaches failed with her. That's what you fail to recognize.

Had he went to a team like the Ravens as HC that has a good GM I fully expect he would be as successful as Harbaugh.

Ive never said he wouldnt have a bit of a better record if he had a different owner,,,but the fact still remains that m brown does not call the shots on the field,,marvin does, and he constantly makes bonehead decisions,,one would think after 10 years he would have learned something.

This constant nonsense of throwing bombs on 3rd and 1 needs to stop,,thats the main thing my wife laughs at when she watches a cincy game,,that and the fact that practically every other game we have zero TOs left in the 4th when we need them.

Faking a FG and giving up an easy 2 score lead is pure stupidity.

Going for it on 4th and 22 while having the lead is pure stupidity,,,i dont care if he did it cause "i trust you guys" it was a bad coaching decision that could have lost us the game and even bill cowher pointed it out.

Look at billicheck,,,only one time that i know of has he made a real bonehead call like marvin which is when he went for it on 4th down while pinned close to his own endzone but at least he had some clout to do it as he had one of the best offenses in the league, however it was still stupid. But you dont see him make mistakes like that 5-6 times a season,,,,you dont see him blowing all his TOs too early,,,you dont see him failing to adjust at halftime when the gameplan is no longer working,,,when he sees something that works he sticks with it,,,not change it,,,what does marvin do? Marvin finds something that works then bails on it for something else,,,on the flip,,,marvin also tries and tries and tries something thinking it will work and it never does instead of trying something else. Plain and simple as an NFL HC the man is a complete moron.
__________________
When the water splashes up, "ffffffuuuuu"!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 12-29-2012, 03:21 PM
Dabo614's Avatar
Dabo614 Dabo614 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 7,419
Rep Points: 5905
Default Re: Screw history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac18 View Post
It's an improvement no? I never stated that we are the most dominant team in the league and we're a dynasty and such. But we are very much improved and we are NOT bungals anymore is that really hard to see. We are getting better every year what more could you ask for. In today's leage it's hard *** **** to build up a SB contending team we are close if other's can't see that than oh well. But for the so called fans out there just waiting in the weeds till something bad happens and than come and be bungal this and we **** and all that crap. Sounds like some damn closet Steelers fans. WHODEY b itches ! WHODEY!!!!


Interesting,,now we are b itches because we are tired of not competing and winning playoff games.

God forbid that fans wont settle for nothing less than winning.
__________________
When the water splashes up, "ffffffuuuuu"!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 12-29-2012, 03:26 PM
Dmac18's Avatar
Dmac18 Dmac18 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,285
Rep Points: 3192
Default Re: Screw history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabo614 View Post
Interesting,,now we are b itches because we are tired of not competing and winning playoff games.

God forbid that fans wont settle for nothing less than winning.
Wake up, we are winning.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 12-29-2012, 03:29 PM
Dmac18's Avatar
Dmac18 Dmac18 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,285
Rep Points: 3192
Default Re: Screw history

And Bengal Rugby if you got something bad to say about my post be a man and put it out there don't hide you're response in neg rep's. Such a little *****.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 12-29-2012, 03:43 PM
Fan_in_Kettering's Avatar
Fan_in_Kettering Fan_in_Kettering is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 8,156
Rep Points: 27246
Default Re: Screw history

There is a part of Bengal history I remember well and for you youngsters I want to see if I can re-create what it felt like to root for the Bengals when I was a boy. When Paul Brown was alive and running the team in one capacity or another between the 1968 and 1990 seasons, Cincinnati was a very good football team. During those years, the Bengals went to the playoffs seven times and appeared in the Super Bowl twice. Also, there were four seasons in that time period where Cincinnati had a winning record yet did not make the playoffs. In three more of those seasons, Cincinnati finished with an 0.500 record at 7-7 or 8-8.

This means in the time frame Paul Brown ran the team, basically 22 years, the Bengals had 14 good seasons and 8 bad ones. In the NFL, that's a fine record. After Paul died in 1991, the Bengals did indeed take a nose-dive.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.