Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:43 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 38320
Default Ed Reed

Why did he get fined? I'm not sure if I missed something over and over again on the replay but it didn't even look like that hard of hit. Not only that, but it looked like a hit to the chest with a shoulder and he didn't launch. What gives? The league is turning into a Sally league in a hurry.

Smack: Ed Reed's beard is actually a spider's nest...
Old 12-28-2012, 02:05 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2070
Default Re: Ed Reed

"I didn't see the play, but he got fined because he is a dirty player who always intentionally tries to injure. He should have been suspended."

-Bengal fan crica 2010

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm just happy Bengal fans, and NFL fans in general, finally jumped on the bandwagon Steeler fans have been on since week 6 of 2010. I didn't see the play so I really can't comment, but more than likely it will further prove Goodell is a retart. Wasn't it Reed who got fined for the "vicious" hit on Sanders earlier this year when he aimed for the chest and Sanders ducked his head?

Last edited by 6andcounting; 12-28-2012 at 02:09 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:14 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6andcounting View Post
"I didn't see the play, but he got fined because he is a dirty player who always intentionally tries to injure. He should have been suspended."

-Bengal fan crica 2010

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm just happy Bengal fans, and NFL fans in general, finally jumped on the bandwagon Steeler fans have been on since week 6 of 2010. I didn't see the play so I really can't comment, but more than likely it will further prove Goodell is a retart. Wasn't it Reed who got fined for the "vicious" hit on Sanders earlier this year when he aimed for the chest and Sanders ducked his head?
Reggie Nelson's completely clean hit on Dez Bryant a few weeks back was dirtier than Reed's last one...from what I saw. (Unless I missed something obvious, which is why I asked about the hit in the first place.)
Old 12-28-2012, 02:25 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 18316

Quote:

-Bengal fan crica 2010
Did Ed Reed become a Steeler and no one knew?

Old 12-28-2012, 02:46 PM
VIP Gold Member

I just read an article on espn.com about it and the comments are hilarious. The consensus seems to be that Goodell is full of ****. Big surprise.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:26 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11277

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/b...n-fined-122812

"Reed struck the wide receiver in the head and neck area, and was penalized for the hit in the game. He had a one-game suspension for several helmet-to-helmet hits reduced to a $50,000 fine last month.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh was asked if Reed's punishment fit the penalty he was called for. Replays showed Reed lower his shoulder into Cruz, connecting first with his chest. Reed's shoulder then made contact with Cruz's facemask, which drew the 15-yard penalty."

He's hurt and can't tackle so he just launches at opposing players. Refs call all that stuff now so anyone who always does it is going to have the close ones go against him.

Of course they STILL won't suspend him because they have different rules for different players.

There's no reason Cam Newton should not have been thrown out of his game last week except he's a star QB.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:36 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2070

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdino View Post
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/b...n-fined-122812

"Reed struck the wide receiver in the head and neck area, and was penalized for the hit in the game. He had a one-game suspension for several helmet-to-helmet hits reduced to a $50,000 fine last month.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh was asked if Reed's punishment fit the penalty he was called for. Replays showed Reed lower his shoulder into Cruz, connecting first with his chest. Reed's shoulder then made contact with Cruz's facemask, which drew the 15-yard penalty."

He's hurt and can't tackle so he just launches at opposing players. Refs call all that stuff now so anyone who always does it is going to have the close ones go against him.

Of course they STILL won't suspend him because they have different rules for different players.

There's no reason Cam Newton should not have been thrown out of his game last week except he's a star QB.
How does Goodell suspend him for his last illegal hit because he was a repeat offender, but a month later he makes another illegal hit he only gets fined? It's one thing to call Goodell an idiot for thinking these hits deserve punishment in the first place, but he can't even play by his own rules.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:32 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 295

Anybody who touches Cruz wrong, gets fined. What a @#$#
Old 12-29-2012, 05:56 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12967

Quote:
How does Goodell suspend him for his last illegal hit because he was a repeat offender, but a month later he makes another illegal hit he only gets fined? It's one thing to call Goodell an idiot for thinking these hits deserve punishment in the first place, but he can't even play by his own rules.
Because he knows deep down that Reed wasn't trying to go for the helmet but his ego won't let him not fine the man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Anyways, Adderral's not even a drug
-----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
I still don't think we are evolved from primates. I don't think we are even remotely related.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmicGeek View Post
We aren't evolved from primates, we are primates.
--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
I can guarentee you there is not a dude on the earth that is as passionate about his male lover as I am my relgion.

Old 12-29-2012, 06:22 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11277

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensLover69 View Post
Because he knows deep down that Reed wasn't trying to go for the helmet but his ego won't let him not fine the man.
Very, very few TRY to go H2H...but it happens.

I didn't see this one.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:24 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 295

Goodell is out to get Reed. Remember the 1 game ban he tried to give him? LoL. Im glad john Lynch and Brian Dawkins don't have to deal with this crap.