Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-29-2012, 02:01 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 476
Default Coordinators.

Any thoughts on who will take Zimmer or Gruden's place(s) if either one or both of them leave next year? It would be a shame to lose Zimmer and I fear this team would take a step backwards if that were to happpen.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:22 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 318
Default Re: Coordinators.

Bite your tongue... REALLY HARD! I dont even want to think about that right now.

UN-official Remodeling Contractor of The Cincinnati Bengals
Old 12-29-2012, 02:24 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1791

Boy I'd hate to lose either but especially Zim! I think they promote from within. Gunther getting DC job and Hue Jackson getting 0C job. But let's hope for team they are here one more year.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

I was told that practicing makes perfect, then I was told that no one is perfect, so I stopped practicing - Stephen Wright
Old 12-29-2012, 02:30 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1544
bengals Re: Coordinators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MinutesHate View Post
Any thoughts on who will take Zimmer or Gruden's place(s) if either one or both of them leave next year? It would be a shame to lose Zimmer and I fear this team would take a step backwards if that were to happpen.
losing either one will be very difficult to replace them and will very likely stall this team again. i do not know how this works, but mike brown recently signed a 2 year or three year deal with zimmer. now unless he is interviewing for a head coaching job, can't mike brown refuse to allow him to be interviewed? i am just asking how all of that works, i do believe if its a head coaching job, he can go for it, and there will be teams after him. i say we lose him at end of season. i see it coming. with gruden, perhaps hes here for another year.hope so, as dalton and company will struggle big time. they are just getting used to each other.as they say, we shall see.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:42 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 547

I dont see Hue getting a HC job, he would fit nicely into the OC role if Gruden were to leave!

Along these lines I would make Zimmer the highest paid DC in the league to get him to stay!

Old 12-29-2012, 02:44 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 48604

I don't think we lose Gruden next year as he still has some time (and success) to log in the NFL before he gets serious head coaching consideration.
Zimmer is who I worry about losing, but this may depend on what Marvin's plans are. How much longer does he want to stay as a head coach IF he can garner some GM interest, either here or with another organization. I'm not the first to speculate how good it might be to have Marvin as our GM and Zim taking his place. That could be total fantasy, but who honestly knows what Mike Brown is thinking along those lines?
And then we have Hue to consider; do we let him leave again? The guy simply works well with the players, and while this season has yet to play out, I gotta believe his absence would be "noticable" if that would come to pass.
Maybe we just hope and pray nobody goes anywhere for a long time if this team wins out from here.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:45 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 24978

Simple: Replace Jay Gruden with Norv Turner and Mike Zimmer with Romeo Crennel. Also, I would boot Paul Alexander and replace him with Andy Reid who made his early mark in coaching with Green Bay's offensive line.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:52 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 19283

I'd hate to see Zimmer leave, as he has the defense playing at a high level. Personally I dont think he will but there will be quite a few head coaching jobs available so who knows this time around.

As for Grudan, I really dont see him going anywhere as a head coach, unless it is for a college team. And if that would happen, I wouldn't mind Hue taking over the offense. No way the offense would be worse off with him instead.

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown
We did some good things today. - Marvin Lewis

Old 12-29-2012, 03:01 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225

Is Marvin Lewis really the coach for this team? Should we really let Zimmer walk and go somewhere else to become head coach because we think Marvin can take us to the superbowl and be a consistent winner?...I think it's time for a change & we should NOT let Zimmer go elsewhere. He needs to be our head coach, not Marvin.

Make Marvin GM, & Zimmer head coach. But do NOT let Marvin near the coaching.

Last edited by Bengal4ever68; 12-29-2012 at 03:07 PM.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:08 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 18713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal4ever68 View Post
Is Marvin Lewis really the coach for this team? Should we really let Zimmer walk and go somewhere else to become head coach because we think Marvin can take us to the superbowl and be a consistent winner?...I think it's time for a change & we should NOT let Zimmer go elsewhere. He needs to be our head coach, not Marvin.
I'd vote for this. Also, I'm not that impressed with Gruden beyond the first series of the game. It's either him, or maybe Marvin reigns in the offense after the first series. We just never look as sharp.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:14 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1958

Marvin has done a great job in the last 4 years building the time.

I would love to see him become the "boss man" and promote zinmner to HC.

Maybe not next year, but maybe they will agree to do this when Marvin's comtract expires.

He dirves me crazy with bad challenges and some werid calls but Marvin is the main person responsible for the team's current success and bright future.

Losing Marvin would hurt the franchise more than losing Zimmer - and I hope to heck they do not lose Zimmer. He is my 2012 Bengals MVP.

I have never said this before but I met an insider at NFL films and he told me that Marvin is one of the most respected coaches/persons in the league.

We won't appreciate Marvin as much as we should until he is gone.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:16 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
I'd vote for this. Also, I'm not that impressed with Gruden beyond the first series of the game. It's either him, or maybe Marvin reigns in the offense after the first series. We just never look as sharp.
Yeah, I doubt Gruden goes anywhere to be head coach. He needs more time and it'd be the smart thing to do...Marvin isn't a very good coach simply because he's a scared coach. If we let Zimmer walk and keep Marvin because he has another year on his contract then that would be stupid. I'm sure Zimmer wouldn't like to boot Marvin out of his head coaching spot, so im thinking Marvin should be moved up in the organization to handle the draft and free agency or whatever, just as long as he's not calling the shots on the football field.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:17 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 547

Who says Marvin wants to be a GM? Us the fans would like it but I have never seen that mentioned by any legitimate press!

The Andy Reid to coach the O-Line is the biggest joke I have seen on this message board? Any Reid will be tripping over HC possibilities, the last thing he is going to do is coach an O-Line.

Old 12-29-2012, 03:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengals67 View Post

Maybe not next year, but maybe they will agree to do this when Marvin's comtract expires.

He dirves me crazy with bad challenges and some werid calls but Marvin is the main person responsible for the team's current success and bright future.

Losing Marvin would hurt the franchise more than losing Zimmer - and I hope to heck they do not lose Zimmer. He is my 2012 Bengals MVP.

I have never said this before but I met an insider at NFL films and he told me that Marvin is one of the most respected coaches/persons in the league.

Move Marvin up in the Organization & make Zimmer head coach.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:19 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 24978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post

This might get me flamed but I'm not too impressed with Jay Gruden. Oh, sure, he's a much better offensive coordinator than Bob Bratkowski* but I think his selection elicited some flashbacks to when Mike Brown hired Dave Shula. The "they're related to a famous coach" strategy isn't a smart one to take. Jay's offensive strategy is hot or cold with no in between and it's maddening because, depending on the week, the Bengals' offense can play like contenders or pretenders with very little consistency. This may be a natural result of Jay's lack of NFL-level experience.

Would it really hurt to go all-out and hire some coaches with some professional gravitas? I know lots of people look good on their resume but no one can argue that Andy Reid, Ken Whisenhunt, Romeo Crennel, Jim Schwartz, and Norv Turner haven't met with more success than many current Cincinnati coordinators.

*So is a scarecrow in a cornfield near I-71.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:26 PM

Rep Points: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengals67 View Post

^^This^^^ Good post.

Last edited by CincyFeeeva; 12-29-2012 at 03:27 PM. Reason: wrong word
Old 12-29-2012, 03:57 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2324

Call me crazy but I don't think Zimmer goes anywhere. Gruden definitely won't be going anywhere. I just took a look at top HC candidates and Zimmer isn't even on one of the many list. Zimmer has been Bungalized in a new way, he gets no respect for what he has done. The man is more than deserving but I don't see it happening for him
Old 12-29-2012, 06:48 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1771

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnglFn Forever View Post
Boy I'd hate to lose either but especially Zim! I think they promote from within. Gunther getting DC job and Hue Jackson getting 0C job. But let's hope for team they are here one more year.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
After next season, both these coaches will sport more impressive resumes'. I hope they realize that too.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:41 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17907

I just don't see any way Jay gets a HC job. Zim, I put at 50/50. The same reasons that kept him from getting one last year will still be there. Or that's my selfish hope anyway. Sooner or later, though...

If he goes this year, probably a promotion from within.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:49 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2324

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
I just don't see any way Jay gets a HC job. Zim, I put at 50/50. The same reasons that kept him from getting one last year will still be there. Or that's my selfish hope anyway. Sooner or later, though...

If he goes this year, probably a promotion from within.
Agreed. I don't see Jay getting any calls this year. Zim is more deserving and more qualified than 90% of the other candidates but he won't get the respect or recognition that he deserves. To think most of these one hit wonder coordinators get jobs yet a coach like Zim who is one of the best year in and year out gets passed up. Hell, I won't argue because I'm selfish but I don't see anyone else more deserving.

Here's to moving Marv to GM and Zim to HC
Old 12-29-2012, 08:11 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7679

Hate to even consider losing Zimmer
Old 12-29-2012, 08:17 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 39863

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cards View Post
Hate to even consider losing Zimmer

He strikes me as the "eternal coordinator" type of coach. Given the time...he could become the modern day Richard Lebeau type of coach, for the Bengals.

Here come's the....BOOM!
Old 12-29-2012, 08:23 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 19283

Seems like no one wants to lose Zimmer, but losing Jay wouldnt be a big deal. Pretty much how I feel.

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown
We did some good things today. - Marvin Lewis

Old 12-29-2012, 09:30 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2402

If Wisenhunt wasn't going to probably get the Arizona job I would bring him into Cinci as the new OC. Jay catches things but sometimes his play calling has me baffled. I like Some of what Jay does but next year is when I decide if he is truely just an arena league coach.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:37 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 523

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpjet View Post
I dont see Hue getting a HC job, he would fit nicely into the OC role if Gruden were to leave!

Along these lines I would make Zimmer the highest paid DC in the league to get him to stay!
I beleive they just did that for zim last year .