Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 12-24-2012, 01:31 PM
SmB-NYC's Avatar
SmB-NYC SmB-NYC is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: West Village, Manhattan, NYC.
Posts: 732
Rep Points: 1627
Default Re: Bengals in London

Quote:
Originally Posted by tottenham fan View Post
hate golf but tickets to see my beloved tottenham hotspur - soccer are like gold dust
coys
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-24-2012, 01:37 PM
tottenham fan tottenham fan is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 590
Rep Points: 753
bengals Re: Bengals in London

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
Why you try and Jetlag our team?
cincy to seattle is the same as cincy to london .
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-24-2012, 03:07 PM
THEBURG THEBURG is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9,398
Rep Points: 7448
bengals Re: Bengals in London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
This is true but, IIRC, there is going to be a second London game in 2013. Selfishly, I would hate to lose a home game to London but that's just me.

X2, THEY WILL LOSE A SEASON TICKET HOLDER (5 TICS.) if they take away a home game, not giving the team 400.00 bucks to help pay expenses.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-24-2012, 03:13 PM
Tommy Casanova 72-77 Tommy Casanova 72-77 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,453
Rep Points: 1251
Default Re: Bengals in London

Quote:
Originally Posted by finso View Post
Sorry, Not a fan of this for any team. Keep "real" football in the states.

Wow.... football was stolen as the name of the sport from what we now call soccer. Soccer is the real FOOTball...hence the Foot that they use to kick the ball around.

While were at it...make sure to keep America for Americans...which would mean more than half the population would need to leave this country and give it back to native Americans. Man you are awesome, thanks for the enlightenment.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-30-2012, 12:46 AM
Bengalzona's Avatar
Bengalzona Bengalzona is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Adjusting the phase coil inverter
Posts: 24,590
Rep Points: 77764
Default Re: Bengals in London

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA14bKuuSms
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 12-30-2012, 01:31 AM
DiMilioZ DiMilioZ is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Oslo, Norway.
Posts: 58
Rep Points: 310
Default Re: Bengals in London

Totally support this. As a Norwegian, I would love to get a chance to see the Bengals play in Europe!

It won't happen in 2013 though. We already have Steelers and Vikings coming over, and another game. I think it was 49'ers and Jaguars. I might be wrong on the last one, but I know that at least 49'ers will have a game over here next season. For the first time, it'll be two games in London in one season.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 12-30-2012, 06:25 AM
Jeffalo's Avatar
Jeffalo Jeffalo is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: BACK IN MERICA!!!
Posts: 890
Rep Points: 1285
Default Re: Bengals in London

Quote:
Originally Posted by tottenham fan View Post
cincy to seattle is the same as cincy to london .
Cincy to seattle is a 3 hour time difference... Cincy to london is a 5 hour time difference. I feel like crap for like a week when i fly from ohio to germany. Flying to ohio FROM germany never bothers me.. Its easier to travel back in time than forward in time in my opinion
__________________
...
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 12-30-2012, 06:29 AM
WhoDeyLeisure's Avatar
WhoDeyLeisure WhoDeyLeisure is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 1,669
Rep Points: 1569
Default Re: Bengals in London

Doesn't really matter to me since I live in NC anyway, but I too would rather see our "football" stay in the States and let Europe have their "football".
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 12-30-2012, 07:49 AM
tottenham fan tottenham fan is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 590
Rep Points: 753
bengals Re: Bengals in London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffalo View Post
Cincy to seattle is a 3 hour time difference... Cincy to london is a 5 hour time difference. I feel like crap for like a week when i fly from ohio to germany. Flying to ohio FROM germany never bothers me.. Its easier to travel back in time than forward in time in my opinion
i meant flying time, the nfl here in uk is very big ,although u get the fans of rugby= zzzzzzzzzzzz saying because of all the padding nfl players r sissys how boring
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 12-30-2012, 08:15 AM
ScottishBengal's Avatar
ScottishBengal ScottishBengal is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bonnie Scotland
Posts: 187
Rep Points: 489
Default Re: Bengals in London

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyLeisure View Post
Doesn't really matter to me since I live in NC anyway, but I too would rather see our "football" stay in the States and let Europe have their "football".
The truth of the matter is that money talks and until the Bengals have a 2 year waiting list for match tickets, then there are Bengal fans here in Europe who would jump at the chance to fill Wembley Stadium.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 12-30-2012, 09:15 AM
WHODEYzach's Avatar
WHODEYzach WHODEYzach is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 987
Rep Points: 1476
Default Re: Bengals in London

I absolutely can't stand the fact that the NFL plays games in London. If we lost a home game that would mean lost revenue (roughly 12.5% less for the whole season) to the city of Cincinnati. That simply shouldn't happen... period. I don't care about getting "more exposure". Playing games overseas takes revenue away from the cities that host and support their teams. Sorry but for the European fans, if you want to watch your team 24/7 then you can order the NFL Sunday Ticket. Or better yet, you can come to the states to see your beloved team and support the city that hosts your team. Sadly, my opinion means nothing. Still, I honestly don't see how anyone can think that playing games in Europe is a good idea when the economy over here is struggling.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 12-30-2012, 09:54 AM
Monster's Avatar
Monster Monster is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ky
Posts: 579
Rep Points: 738
Default Re: Bengals in London

I like the idea.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 12-30-2012, 10:00 AM
Jeffalo's Avatar
Jeffalo Jeffalo is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: BACK IN MERICA!!!
Posts: 890
Rep Points: 1285
Default Re: Bengals in London

if its an away game I wouldn't care.. But if you lose a home field game for that you really gain nothing, doesn't matter how many bengals fans there are in europe.. every game ive seen played in europe the stadium is filled with fans of so many different teams that its definitely not a home game for whoever loses their REAL home game
__________________
...
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 12-30-2012, 10:30 AM
ScottishBengal's Avatar
ScottishBengal ScottishBengal is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bonnie Scotland
Posts: 187
Rep Points: 489
Default Re: Bengals in London

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHODEYzach View Post
I absolutely can't stand the fact that the NFL plays games in London. If we lost a home game that would mean lost revenue (roughly 12.5% less for the whole season) to the city of Cincinnati. That simply shouldn't happen... period. I don't care about getting "more exposure". Playing games overseas takes revenue away from the cities that host and support their teams. Sorry but for the European fans, if you want to watch your team 24/7 then you can order the NFL Sunday Ticket. Or better yet, you can come to the states to see your beloved team and support the city that hosts your team. Sadly, my opinion means nothing. Still, I honestly don't see how anyone can think that playing games in Europe is a good idea when the economy over here is struggling.
You are neglecting the fact that the teams who play in London make a LOT of money from doing so. You are only seeing half of the story.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 12-30-2012, 10:34 AM
Mexal's Avatar
Mexal Mexal is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New York City
Posts: 156
Rep Points: 103
Default Re: Bengals in London

I wonder where all these Bengals fans were over the past 4 years that I was living there. Couldn't find any, hated the sports bars and the Wembley experience is nice and all because it's football but it's so muted and devoid of any excitement due to fans being of every team, not just the teams that are playing, that it doesn't come close to the atmosphere of any home game in the States.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 12-30-2012, 10:49 AM
tottenham fan tottenham fan is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 590
Rep Points: 753
bengals Re: Bengals in London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexal View Post
I wonder where all these Bengals fans were over the past 4 years that I was living there. Couldn't find any, hated the sports bars and the Wembley experience is nice and all because it's football but it's so muted and devoid of any excitement due to fans being of every team, not just the teams that are playing, that it doesn't come close to the atmosphere of any home game in the States.
i have been to bengals / squeelers gamea t both pbs/ riverfront and am ashamed that there are more squeleers fans than bengals fans so do bengals fans sell their tickets to them, so the argument about bengals fans is mute, us in the uk would fill wembley stadium there atmospheres at sports bars over here especially when top football( soccer) games r on
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 12-30-2012, 11:24 AM
McC's Avatar
McC McC is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 14,355
Rep Points: 19732
Default Re: Bengals in London

Quote:
Originally Posted by tottenham fan View Post
i meant flying time, the nfl here in uk is very big ,although u get the fans of rugby= zzzzzzzzzzzz saying because of all the padding nfl players r sissys how boring
True. Pad some of those rugby players up, stick them on an NFL field and let them truly discover the meaning of human collision.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 12-30-2012, 11:26 AM
McC's Avatar
McC McC is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 14,355
Rep Points: 19732
Default Re: Bengals in London

Quote:
Originally Posted by tottenham fan View Post
i know this is not going tp go down well with many of my fellow Bengal fans, i have just
e mailed nfl hq asking if they can bring the team over to London, since the team we beat yesterday are coming next yr to my home city. I have been lucky enough to have come to the great city of Cincinnati 23 str8 yrs to watch my beloved team, there are may Bengals fans over here
I've always felt that it should be structured that the teams that make the trip should have their bye week the week after.

I have no problem with making the NFL a worldwide entity. I'm sure the league loves the idea of Europeans walking around in NFL gear.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 12-30-2012, 11:37 AM
TigerJ@w's Avatar
TigerJ@w TigerJ@w is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,079
Rep Points: 721
Default Re: Bengals in London

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHODEYzach View Post
I absolutely can't stand the fact that the NFL plays games in London. If we lost a home game that would mean lost revenue (roughly 12.5% less for the whole season) to the city of Cincinnati. That simply shouldn't happen... period. I don't care about getting "more exposure". Playing games overseas takes revenue away from the cities that host and support their teams. Sorry but for the European fans, if you want to watch your team 24/7 then you can order the NFL Sunday Ticket. Or better yet, you can come to the states to see your beloved team and support the city that hosts your team. Sadly, my opinion means nothing. Still, I honestly don't see how anyone can think that playing games in Europe is a good idea when the economy over here is struggling.
I agree with you here, what is next, MLB to Europe? When will it end? What sport will we keep as our own? These stadiums are paid by tax payers and not to utilize the facility due to wanting to make more money and have more exposure overseas is a joke. The city/county should sue the NFL if this happens. Someone said, as long as it is an away game, hello, one team is going to lose a home game and all the revenue will be lost.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12-30-2012, 11:40 AM
McC's Avatar
McC McC is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 14,355
Rep Points: 19732
Default Re: Bengals in London

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerJ@w View Post
I agree with you here, what is next, MLB to Europe? When will it end? What sport will we keep as our own? These stadiums are paid by tax payers and not to utilize the facility due to wanting to make more money and have more exposure overseas is a joke. The city/county should sue the NFL if this happens. Someone said, as long as it is an away game, hello, one team is going to lose a home game and all the revenue will be lost.
Spreading a sport to the rest of the world doesn't mean you lose it as your own. Nobody's ever gonna forget where it came from. Didn't happen with basketball. We'll still be the first and the best.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 12-30-2012, 11:51 AM
Jeffalo's Avatar
Jeffalo Jeffalo is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: BACK IN MERICA!!!
Posts: 890
Rep Points: 1285
Default Re: Bengals in London

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerJ@w View Post
I agree with you here, what is next, MLB to Europe? When will it end? What sport will we keep as our own? These stadiums are paid by tax payers and not to utilize the facility due to wanting to make more money and have more exposure overseas is a joke. The city/county should sue the NFL if this happens. Someone said, as long as it is an away game, hello, one team is going to lose a home game and all the revenue will be lost.

MLB has already played games in Asia.. I say just bring back NFL europe.
__________________
...
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 12-30-2012, 11:53 AM
VCU Rams's Avatar
VCU Rams VCU Rams is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 16,140
Rep Points: 79072
Default Re: Bengals in London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Go Arsenal.
gooooooners
__________________
2013 AFCN Champions
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12-30-2012, 11:56 AM
tottenham fan tottenham fan is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 590
Rep Points: 753
bengals Re: Bengals in London

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCU Rams View Post
gooooooners
arsenal the imposters of n london = scummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 12-30-2012, 12:00 PM
THEBURG THEBURG is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9,398
Rep Points: 7448
bengals Re: Bengals in London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffalo View Post
if its an away game I wouldn't care.. But if you lose a home field game for that you really gain nothing, doesn't matter how many bengals fans there are in europe.. every game ive seen played in europe the stadium is filled with fans of so many different teams that its definitely not a home game for whoever loses their REAL home game
Somebody is losing a home game, I imagine they feel the same as we do, if they are dead set on sending our pass time overseas,(along with everything else) let it be a pre season game.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12-30-2012, 12:02 PM
VCU Rams's Avatar
VCU Rams VCU Rams is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 16,140
Rep Points: 79072
Default Re: Bengals in London

Quote:
Originally Posted by tottenham fan View Post
arsenal the imposters of n london = scummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
i want to personally thank that scumbag adebayor for helping us get the win earlier this year...

__________________
2013 AFCN Champions
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.