Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:31 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1627
Default Re: Bengals in London

Quote:
Originally Posted by tottenham fan View Post
hate golf but tickets to see my beloved tottenham hotspur - soccer are like gold dust
coys
Old 12-24-2012, 01:37 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 753
bengals Re: Bengals in London

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
Why you try and Jetlag our team?
cincy to seattle is the same as cincy to london .
Old 12-24-2012, 03:07 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
This is true but, IIRC, there is going to be a second London game in 2013. Selfishly, I would hate to lose a home game to London but that's just me.

X2, THEY WILL LOSE A SEASON TICKET HOLDER (5 TICS.) if they take away a home game, not giving the team 400.00 bucks to help pay expenses.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:13 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1251

Quote:
Originally Posted by finso View Post
Sorry, Not a fan of this for any team. Keep "real" football in the states.

Wow.... football was stolen as the name of the sport from what we now call soccer. Soccer is the real FOOTball...hence the Foot that they use to kick the ball around.

While were at it...make sure to keep America for Americans...which would mean more than half the population would need to leave this country and give it back to native Americans. Man you are awesome, thanks for the enlightenment.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:46 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 77764

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA14bKuuSms
Old 12-30-2012, 01:31 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 310

Totally support this. As a Norwegian, I would love to get a chance to see the Bengals play in Europe!

It won't happen in 2013 though. We already have Steelers and Vikings coming over, and another game. I think it was 49'ers and Jaguars. I might be wrong on the last one, but I know that at least 49'ers will have a game over here next season. For the first time, it'll be two games in London in one season.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:25 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1285

Quote:
cincy to seattle is the same as cincy to london .
Cincy to seattle is a 3 hour time difference... Cincy to london is a 5 hour time difference. I feel like crap for like a week when i fly from ohio to germany. Flying to ohio FROM germany never bothers me.. Its easier to travel back in time than forward in time in my opinion
Old 12-30-2012, 06:29 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1569

Doesn't really matter to me since I live in NC anyway, but I too would rather see our "football" stay in the States and let Europe have their "football".
Old 12-30-2012, 07:49 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffalo View Post
Cincy to seattle is a 3 hour time difference... Cincy to london is a 5 hour time difference. I feel like crap for like a week when i fly from ohio to germany. Flying to ohio FROM germany never bothers me.. Its easier to travel back in time than forward in time in my opinion
i meant flying time, the nfl here in uk is very big ,although u get the fans of rugby= zzzzzzzzzzzz saying because of all the padding nfl players r sissys how boring
Old 12-30-2012, 08:15 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 489

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyLeisure View Post
Doesn't really matter to me since I live in NC anyway, but I too would rather see our "football" stay in the States and let Europe have their "football".
The truth of the matter is that money talks and until the Bengals have a 2 year waiting list for match tickets, then there are Bengal fans here in Europe who would jump at the chance to fill Wembley Stadium.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:15 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1476

I absolutely can't stand the fact that the NFL plays games in London. If we lost a home game that would mean lost revenue (roughly 12.5% less for the whole season) to the city of Cincinnati. That simply shouldn't happen... period. I don't care about getting "more exposure". Playing games overseas takes revenue away from the cities that host and support their teams. Sorry but for the European fans, if you want to watch your team 24/7 then you can order the NFL Sunday Ticket. Or better yet, you can come to the states to see your beloved team and support the city that hosts your team. Sadly, my opinion means nothing. Still, I honestly don't see how anyone can think that playing games in Europe is a good idea when the economy over here is struggling.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:54 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 738

I like the idea.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:00 AM
VIP Member

if its an away game I wouldn't care.. But if you lose a home field game for that you really gain nothing, doesn't matter how many bengals fans there are in europe.. every game ive seen played in europe the stadium is filled with fans of so many different teams that its definitely not a home game for whoever loses their REAL home game
Old 12-30-2012, 10:30 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 489

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHODEYzach View Post
I absolutely can't stand the fact that the NFL plays games in London. If we lost a home game that would mean lost revenue (roughly 12.5% less for the whole season) to the city of Cincinnati. That simply shouldn't happen... period. I don't care about getting "more exposure". Playing games overseas takes revenue away from the cities that host and support their teams. Sorry but for the European fans, if you want to watch your team 24/7 then you can order the NFL Sunday Ticket. Or better yet, you can come to the states to see your beloved team and support the city that hosts your team. Sadly, my opinion means nothing. Still, I honestly don't see how anyone can think that playing games in Europe is a good idea when the economy over here is struggling.
You are neglecting the fact that the teams who play in London make a LOT of money from doing so. You are only seeing half of the story.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:34 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 103

I wonder where all these Bengals fans were over the past 4 years that I was living there. Couldn't find any, hated the sports bars and the Wembley experience is nice and all because it's football but it's so muted and devoid of any excitement due to fans being of every team, not just the teams that are playing, that it doesn't come close to the atmosphere of any home game in the States.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:49 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexal View Post
I wonder where all these Bengals fans were over the past 4 years that I was living there. Couldn't find any, hated the sports bars and the Wembley experience is nice and all because it's football but it's so muted and devoid of any excitement due to fans being of every team, not just the teams that are playing, that it doesn't come close to the atmosphere of any home game in the States.
i have been to bengals / squeelers gamea t both pbs/ riverfront and am ashamed that there are more squeleers fans than bengals fans so do bengals fans sell their tickets to them, so the argument about bengals fans is mute, us in the uk would fill wembley stadium there atmospheres at sports bars over here especially when top football( soccer) games r on
Old 12-30-2012, 11:24 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19732

Quote:
i meant flying time, the nfl here in uk is very big ,although u get the fans of rugby= zzzzzzzzzzzz saying because of all the padding nfl players r sissys how boring
True. Pad some of those rugby players up, stick them on an NFL field and let them truly discover the meaning of human collision.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:26 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
i know this is not going tp go down well with many of my fellow Bengal fans, i have just
e mailed nfl hq asking if they can bring the team over to London, since the team we beat yesterday are coming next yr to my home city. I have been lucky enough to have come to the great city of Cincinnati 23 str8 yrs to watch my beloved team, there are may Bengals fans over here
I've always felt that it should be structured that the teams that make the trip should have their bye week the week after.

I have no problem with making the NFL a worldwide entity. I'm sure the league loves the idea of Europeans walking around in NFL gear.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:37 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 721

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHODEYzach View Post
I agree with you here, what is next, MLB to Europe? When will it end? What sport will we keep as our own? These stadiums are paid by tax payers and not to utilize the facility due to wanting to make more money and have more exposure overseas is a joke. The city/county should sue the NFL if this happens. Someone said, as long as it is an away game, hello, one team is going to lose a home game and all the revenue will be lost.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:40 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerJ@w View Post
I agree with you here, what is next, MLB to Europe? When will it end? What sport will we keep as our own? These stadiums are paid by tax payers and not to utilize the facility due to wanting to make more money and have more exposure overseas is a joke. The city/county should sue the NFL if this happens. Someone said, as long as it is an away game, hello, one team is going to lose a home game and all the revenue will be lost.
Spreading a sport to the rest of the world doesn't mean you lose it as your own. Nobody's ever gonna forget where it came from. Didn't happen with basketball. We'll still be the first and the best.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:51 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerJ@w View Post

MLB has already played games in Asia.. I say just bring back NFL europe.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:53 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 79072

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Go Arsenal.
gooooooners
Old 12-30-2012, 11:56 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCU Rams View Post
gooooooners
arsenal the imposters of n london = scummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 12-30-2012, 12:00 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffalo View Post
if its an away game I wouldn't care.. But if you lose a home field game for that you really gain nothing, doesn't matter how many bengals fans there are in europe.. every game ive seen played in europe the stadium is filled with fans of so many different teams that its definitely not a home game for whoever loses their REAL home game
Somebody is losing a home game, I imagine they feel the same as we do, if they are dead set on sending our pass time overseas,(along with everything else) let it be a pre season game.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:02 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 79072

Quote:
arsenal the imposters of n london = scummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
i want to personally thank that scumbag adebayor for helping us get the win earlier this year...