Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #601  
Old 12-27-2012, 11:21 PM
WhoDeyJon's Avatar
WhoDeyJon WhoDeyJon is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,603
Rep Points: 1834
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Well, boo freakin' hoo. When your adrenaline is pumping I guarantee you and your delicate little hands won't feel any recoil.
So you are ok with a person who can not safely operate a gun doing so, because adrenaline will help her safely operate it. Just stop now.
__________________
"To me,
the very least of all saints,
this grace was given,
to preach to the Gentiles
the unfathomable riches of Christ" (Ephesians 3:8)

Reply With Quote
  #602  
Old 12-27-2012, 11:22 PM
WhoDeyJon's Avatar
WhoDeyJon WhoDeyJon is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,603
Rep Points: 1834
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
If your kid practiced self-mutilation, was prescribed antipsychotics, and couldn't interact with other childern his own age to attend school would you teach him to shoot?

Or would you think, "Hmm, maybe I'll teach little Johnny baseball instead."?
So he could go around hitting people with bats?

Take him off the drugs.
__________________
"To me,
the very least of all saints,
this grace was given,
to preach to the Gentiles
the unfathomable riches of Christ" (Ephesians 3:8)

Reply With Quote
  #603  
Old 12-27-2012, 11:24 PM
WhoDeyJon's Avatar
WhoDeyJon WhoDeyJon is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,603
Rep Points: 1834
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
First off STOP twisting stuff around.
It's what he does.

Quote:
This was about a WOMAN shooting a shotgun and I made a comparison saying that it's not real comfortable to shoot one for me let alone a WOMAN. Just watch the video I posted above for proof.
Im sure a woman wouldn't think about the gun flying up and cracking her in the face because she doesn't have a good grip on it since her adrenaline is pumping
Logic doesn't work here.
__________________
"To me,
the very least of all saints,
this grace was given,
to preach to the Gentiles
the unfathomable riches of Christ" (Ephesians 3:8)

Reply With Quote
  #604  
Old 12-27-2012, 11:30 PM
WhoDeyJon's Avatar
WhoDeyJon WhoDeyJon is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,603
Rep Points: 1834
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
This was about WhoDeyJon stating HE needed a high capacity magazine even though he can load, fire, reload a single shot shotgun 20 times in under 40 seconds
This will be the last time I will explain this. You can choose to pay attention this time or not.

1) I (me, whodeyjon, myself, this guy right here) can load, shoot, and reload a SINGLE SHOT shotgun quickly. That does not mean it is ideal for self defense in a gin fight in the home. I KNOW you know this. I want a weapon that fires more rounds without the necessary work of a SINGLE SHOT shotgun. This is just common sense. If you can't see it, I can't help.

Quote:
It was about WhoDeyJon claiming a shotgun can cause just as much damage as a 9mm semiautomatic handgun.
2) A shotgun can do serious damage. I never argued it couldn't. If I were to use one for home defense I would use a pump shotgun though, not a single shot shotgun. However, my wife can not SAFELY operate one.

Quote:
That's when it became about his wife's inability to hold a 7.5 lbs shotgun. If she shoots an single column 8 round mag instead of a 15 round staggered, double column high capacity mag she will be able to grip the handgun better.
Sigh.
__________________
"To me,
the very least of all saints,
this grace was given,
to preach to the Gentiles
the unfathomable riches of Christ" (Ephesians 3:8)

Reply With Quote
  #605  
Old 12-27-2012, 11:32 PM
WhoDeyJon's Avatar
WhoDeyJon WhoDeyJon is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,603
Rep Points: 1834
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post

Why is it you are oblivious?
Is oblivious worse than liberal?
__________________
"To me,
the very least of all saints,
this grace was given,
to preach to the Gentiles
the unfathomable riches of Christ" (Ephesians 3:8)

Reply With Quote
  #606  
Old 12-27-2012, 11:34 PM
WhoDeyJon's Avatar
WhoDeyJon WhoDeyJon is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,603
Rep Points: 1834
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
Tell that to WhoDeyJon.

That wasn't my claim, it was his.

I know that. That's why I have a shotgun for home defense and hunting. That's also why he doesn't need a high capacity magazine.
Again, you haven't been paying attention.
__________________
"To me,
the very least of all saints,
this grace was given,
to preach to the Gentiles
the unfathomable riches of Christ" (Ephesians 3:8)

Reply With Quote
  #607  
Old 12-27-2012, 11:35 PM
WhoDeyJon's Avatar
WhoDeyJon WhoDeyJon is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,603
Rep Points: 1834
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
I knew you didn't have the brain capacity to understand
Oh that has to be worse than a liberal.
__________________
"To me,
the very least of all saints,
this grace was given,
to preach to the Gentiles
the unfathomable riches of Christ" (Ephesians 3:8)

Reply With Quote
  #608  
Old 12-27-2012, 11:46 PM
ICKYSHUFFLE's Avatar
ICKYSHUFFLE ICKYSHUFFLE is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: parts unknown
Posts: 2,213
Rep Points: 2855
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyJon View Post
So he could go around hitting people with bats?

Take him off the drugs.
Don't you know these baseball bats are VERY dangerous!! Why, there's this brand called a Louisville Slugger that is specially made to deliver heavy blows. It comes in various weights and even has a devious feature called a "sweet spot". If something connects in this spot the force could multiply exponentially.
We need to get these off the streets IMMEDIATELY and only allow Whiffle ball bats of a certain thickness.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #609  
Old 12-28-2012, 05:25 AM
Wingnut Wingnut is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,423
Rep Points: 6791
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyJon View Post
Now you're just being ridiculous for the sake of being ridiculous.
Actually, I'm just comparing and contrasting your statements to reveal your contradictions. If anything is ridiculous it is your statements.


Quote:
I want my wife to have the weapon she is most comfortable with AND holds the largest amount of ammo possible. For her, it involves something more than an 8 round mag. We tried many options, until she found something perfect for her hands, perfect for recoil, and perfect for large quantity magazines. And YOU do not want her to have this.
Actually, I have no problem with her having a high capacity magazine if she has a class 3 license.

If you two can't hit what you're aiming at inside your house with 8 shots then I have very little confidence you can do so with 15.

I suggest you practice reflexive fire techniques and less whining.

And stop acting like your family is defenseless and doesn't have other options without high capacity magazines. Stop acting like your Second Amendment right doesn't exist if you're still able to buy a firearm with an 8 round magazne.

Quote:
Just stop it with the absurdity. It's obvious you are arguing just to argue. You knew dang good and well what I meant by not being able to comfortable handle a shotgun. Just stop.
You know dang good and well that isn't what you wrote.

I know dang good and well there are shotguns out there even a child can safely operate.

Quote:
I'm not going to go over this again.
Obviously since you didn't go over it a first time so how could you go over it again.

Quote:
Personality disorder? LOL. Perhaps he never should have been on antipsychotic drugs to friggin begin with. Psychologists and the likes are wrecking peoples lives. Another debate another time.
Yes, personality disorder. Adam Lanza's brother has stated Adam had a personality disorder and was "somewhat autistic." I'm sure he is in a better position to comment on his brother's medical history than you. Look up antisocial personality disorder. Ever heard of a psychopath or a sociopath before?

Psychologist counsel people on many of the same topics the ministry does. Psychiatrist are the ones who prescribe medications. The fact you don't know this very basic difference sheds light onto your lack of any knowledge of the two fields.

Quote:
Do you have insider info that they weren't secured in the house? Nope.
Yes, I do. His name is WhoDeyJon. He told me, "Fact is we don't know."


Quote:
Interesting. Yeah I am now in my 4th semester of Hebrew.
Imagine your chagrin when I corrected your hermeneutics.

Quote:
Mythology.....................again, knock yourself out.
Yes, mythology.

Would you like the definition? An allegorical narrative.

Would you like the definition of allegory?


Quote:
You told me last year you went to Liberty. I concluded it, because you told me. Either it's true or you are a liar.


No, I didn't.

I cited a source from someone with a master's in religion from Liberty whose opinion directly contradicted your opinion. I later suggested you direct your objections to him, the guy with the master's in religion from Liberty. I never told you I had a master's in religion from Liberty.

Click "search", then "advanced search", enter "Liberty" into the "keyword" field, enter "wingnut" into the "user name" field, scroll down, click "search now".

Bam. It's neither true, nor am I a liar. You're simply confused.

Quote:
Only pastor on here I know is wolfkasun.
Oops, my mistake. You're a ministry student.

Quote:
You aren't as good at a lot of things as me.
Like refinancing a mortgage you're having trouble affording?

Yep, got me beat there.

Quote:
The military trains you to use profanity? Interesting.
It's an implied task.

If you had served, that joke wouldn't be over your head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyJon View Post
So you are ok with a person who can not safely operate a gun doing so, because adrenaline will help her safely operate it. Just stop now.
It's called a fight of flight response. Adrenaline decreases our perception of pain and increases our strength. It is a physiological fact. Look it up.

Or she could pray to God to give her strength. Or to smite her enemy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyJon View Post
So he could go around hitting people with bats?
Bats are less lethal than firearms. Would you like proof? Did you buy your wife a bat or a firearm for self defense? A firearm. Why? Because it is more lethal than a bat. Case closed.

Quote:
Take him off the drugs.
What are your qualifications again? Ah, yes. You're the guy who doesn't know the difference between a psychologist and a psychiatrist.

You're beginning to sound like Tom Cruise. Are you studying to be a Scientology minister?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyJon View Post
It's what he does.
Yes, I compare and contrast your own statements. How awful.

Quote:
Logic doesn't work here.
I haven't seen any evidence of you being logical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyJon View Post
This will be the last time I will explain this. You can choose to pay attention this time or not.
Good. That means this will be the last time I will need to correct you.

Quote:
1) I (me, whodeyjon, myself, this guy right here) can load, shoot, and reload a SINGLE SHOT shotgun quickly. That does not mean it is ideal for self defense in a gin fight in the home. I KNOW you know this. I want a weapon that fires more rounds without the necessary work of a SINGLE SHOT shotgun. This is just common sense. If you can't see it, I can't help.
And there are a plethora of weapons available to you to wield deadly force. Why is it common sense that you owning a high capacity magazine increases your lethality, but not owning a high capacity magazine conversely decreases someone else's lethality?

Quote:
2) A shotgun can do serious damage. I never argued it couldn't. If I were to use one for home defense I would use a pump shotgun though, not a single shot shotgun. However, my wife can not SAFELY operate one.
Bullcrap. There are shotguns CHILDREN can operate safely.

http://www.mossberg.com/product/shot...-purpose/50490

Quote:
Sigh.
That's exactly how I felt reading your wife can't hold 7.5 pounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyJon View Post
Is oblivious worse than liberal?
Just following your examples.

What did Jesus say about casting stones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyJon View Post
Again, you haven't been paying attention.
Did you write something of value? Because there is nothing a ministry student can teach me about weapons or room clearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyJon View Post
Oh that has to be worse than a liberal.


Practice what you preach.

It's impossible for you to lecture me with any sort of integrity after I've pointed out you behaved the same way multiple times already.

Last edited by Wingnut; 12-28-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #610  
Old 12-28-2012, 05:37 AM
Wingnut Wingnut is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,423
Rep Points: 6791
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICKYSHUFFLE View Post
Don't you know these baseball bats are VERY dangerous!! Why, there's this brand called a Louisville Slugger that is specially made to deliver heavy blows. It comes in various weights and even has a devious feature called a "sweet spot". If something connects in this spot the force could multiply exponentially.
We need to get these off the streets IMMEDIATELY and only allow Whiffle ball bats of a certain thickness.
Is that what passes for humor in your trailer park these days?

Obviously a Louisville Slugger is so dangerous you had to go out and get yourself a Russian assault rifle. Why do you need a Russian assault rifle if a Louisville Slugger is so deadly, Jethro? Why don't you just smack people upside their head with your banjo?
Reply With Quote
  #611  
Old 12-28-2012, 06:03 AM
Bonnie Bengal's Avatar
Bonnie Bengal Bonnie Bengal is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Johnson City TEN
Posts: 5,416
Rep Points: 12372
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Bought my husband a Glock for Christmas. We are going shooting this weekend. He's already experienced with guns as he was in the military, but he's going to make sure I know how to use it for home defense. I feel guns should be used carefully with training and safety rules should be respected.
Reply With Quote
  #612  
Old 12-28-2012, 09:07 AM
RhythmicGeek's Avatar
RhythmicGeek RhythmicGeek is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Country Roads
Posts: 23,089
Rep Points: 36580
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

I just want to post this for those talking about women not being able to handle shotguns comfortably.



Meet Haley Colbert.



Kimberly Bowers



Rachel Heiden

Now, I'm not sure if you all may realize, but these girls are all still in high school. When you look at a picture of the first two (and another girl named Rebekah) with their male teammates on the Junior Olympics team, you can tell they aren't big girls.



So tell me again how women can't handle shotguns. I'm not sure if many of you understand the difference between a shotgun used for trap/skeet and one you might use for home defense, but trap/skeet guns are typically longer, harder to yield, and light, which results in more recoil going into your shoulder.

So yeah, anyone telling me their wife/girlfriend/partner/whatever can't handle a shotgun is full of it, they just aren't being taught right.
Reply With Quote
  #613  
Old 12-28-2012, 11:13 AM
WhoDeyJon's Avatar
WhoDeyJon WhoDeyJon is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,603
Rep Points: 1834
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Actually, I'm just comparing and contrasting your statements to reveal your contradictions. If anything is ridiculous it is your statements.
Keep stretching....

Quote:
Actually, I have no problem with her having a high capacity magazine if she has a class 3 license.
Moving on....

Quote:
If you two can't hit what you're aiming at inside your house with 8 shots then I have very little confidence you can do so with 15.
Because there is no possible way that a bad guy might actually hide behind something, and be shooting back. I forgot in your world they just stad still with a giant target on their chest.

Quote:
I suggest you practice reflexive fire techniques and less whining.
Thanks for the tip.

Quote:
And stop acting like your family is defenseless and doesn't have other options without high capacity magazines. Stop acting like your Second Amendment right doesn't exist if you're still able to buy a firearm with an 8 round magazne.
Didn't say there weren't other options, said there are better options. Stop making stuff up.
Didn't say the 2nd doesn't exist if I can only buy an 8 round magazine, said it is being infringed upon. Stop making stuff up.

Quote:
You know dang good and well that isn't what you wrote
.

You're right, I just thought you were smart enough to understand what it meant, like others here did. My bad. I'll be more detailed for you.

Quote:
I know dang good and well there are shotguns out there even a child can safely operate.
Yup, my son has a 410 single shot. But my wife can't handle a 12 gauge. What part of this is not making it into your brain?


Quote:
Yes, personality disorder. Adam Lanza's brother has stated Adam had a personality disorder and was "somewhat autistic." I'm sure he is in a better position to comment on his brother's medical history than you. Look up antisocial personality disorder. Ever heard of a psychopath or a sociopath before?
Personality disorder defined by who .....? Psychiatric peeps? Please.....

Quote:
Psychologist counsel people on many of the same topics the ministry does
.
They do, but they do it wrong.

Quote:
Psychiatrist are the ones who prescribe medications. The fact you don't know this very basic difference sheds light onto your lack of any knowledge of the two fields.
Apparently you didn't see "and the likes." Oh wait, I forgot, you need everything spelled out completely for comprehension. I bet the birds and the bees talk was hilarious for you!



Quote:
Yes, I do. His name is WhoDeyJon. He told me, "Fact is we don't know."
Again, not paying attention. Done here.


Quote:
Imagine your chagrin when I corrected your hermeneutics.
Attempted to correct would be better. I already know how bad your hermeneutics are from the dinosaur thread.

Quote:
No, I didn't.

I cited a source from someone with a master's in religion from Liberty whose opinion directly contradicted your opinion. I later suggested you direct your objections to him, the guy with the master's in religion from Liberty. I never told you I had a master's in religion from Liberty.

Click "search", then "advanced search", enter "Liberty" into the "keyword" field, enter "wingnut" into the "user name" field, scroll down, click "search now".

Bam. It's neither true, nor am I a liar. You're simply confused.
So you didn't study Hebrew at all? Even better. That's all I needed to hear.


Quote:
Like refinancing a mortgage you're having trouble affording?

Yep, got me beat there.
Didn't say all. Thanks for the help there.


Quote:
It's an implied task.

If you had served, that joke wouldn't be over your head.
No, I got the joke. But I was trying to stand in your shoes for a minute, and observe that statement as written with no ability to understand what was meant.


Quote:
It's called a fight of flight response. Adrenaline decreases our perception of pain and increases our strength. It is a physiological fact. Look it up.

Or she could pray to God to give her strength. Or to smite her enemy.
Pain or no pain, she can't handle the gun safely. Try to absorb that this time.



Quote:
Bats are less lethal than firearms. Would you like proof? Did you buy your wife a bat or a firearm for self defense? A firearm. Why? Because it is more lethal than a bat. Case closed.
We do have a bat in the home for self-defense as well. I'll beat someone with whatever I have if they break into my home and try to hurt my family.


Quote:
What are your qualifications again? Ah, yes. You're the guy who doesn't know the difference between a psychologist and a psychiatrist.
Incorrect. More twisting. I'll give you one thing, you would be an amazing attorney!


Quote:
Yes, I compare and contrast your own statements. How awful.
You just do it poorly.

Quote:
I haven't seen any evidence of you being logical.
I suggest reading. Top to bottom, left to right (unless you are reading Hebrew, but you haven't studied that so....)


Quote:
Bullcrap. There are shotguns CHILDREN can operate safely.

http://www.mossberg.com/product/shot...-purpose/50490
I'm not sure what else to tell you. even the tiny Mossberg Mav 88 (18.5 inch barrel - VERY small home defense shotgun) she had an awful time with.

I go back to my original point. Are YOU comfortable with a person handling a firearm that they can't safely operate? It's a simple question.


Quote:
Just following your examples.

What did Jesus say about casting stones?

Practice what you preach.

It's impossible for you to lecture me with any sort of integrity after I've pointed out you behaved the same way multiple times already.
Apparently the words "liberal" and "conservative" are awful words to you. I will just change it to "left-winger" and "right-winger"...........................MUCH better right Wingnut? Get outta here with that garbage.
__________________
"To me,
the very least of all saints,
this grace was given,
to preach to the Gentiles
the unfathomable riches of Christ" (Ephesians 3:8)

Reply With Quote
  #614  
Old 12-28-2012, 11:15 AM
WhoDeyJon's Avatar
WhoDeyJon WhoDeyJon is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,603
Rep Points: 1834
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmicGeek View Post
I just want to post this for those talking about women not being able to handle shotguns comfortably.



Meet Haley Colbert.



Kimberly Bowers



Rachel Heiden

Now, I'm not sure if you all may realize, but these girls are all still in high school. When you look at a picture of the first two (and another girl named Rebekah) with their male teammates on the Junior Olympics team, you can tell they aren't big girls.



So tell me again how women can't handle shotguns. I'm not sure if many of you understand the difference between a shotgun used for trap/skeet and one you might use for home defense, but trap/skeet guns are typically longer, harder to yield, and light, which results in more recoil going into your shoulder.

So yeah, anyone telling me their wife/girlfriend/partner/whatever can't handle a shotgun is full of it, they just aren't being taught right.
I didn't say "all women" or "all girls" or whatever. I said "My wife."

You and Wingnut can say what you want, but MY WIFE can not safely operate a shotgun at this point in time. Maybe over the years she can get there, but right now I wouldn't want to be near her operating one.

That's a fact. Choose to believe it or not.
__________________
"To me,
the very least of all saints,
this grace was given,
to preach to the Gentiles
the unfathomable riches of Christ" (Ephesians 3:8)

Reply With Quote
  #615  
Old 12-28-2012, 11:32 AM
RhythmicGeek's Avatar
RhythmicGeek RhythmicGeek is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Country Roads
Posts: 23,089
Rep Points: 36580
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyJon View Post
I didn't say "all women" or "all girls" or whatever. I said "My wife."

You and Wingnut can say what you want, but MY WIFE can not safely operate a shotgun at this point in time. Maybe over the years she can get there, but right now I wouldn't want to be near her operating one.

That's a fact. Choose to believe it or not.
I wasn't singling you out, I was making a statement for everyone. You may not have made a broad statement about women and shotguns, but those broad statements were made. No need to take it so personal or get all defensive about something.

Unless you are feeling guilty about it for some reason.
Reply With Quote
  #616  
Old 12-28-2012, 11:43 AM
WhoDeyJon's Avatar
WhoDeyJon WhoDeyJon is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,603
Rep Points: 1834
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmicGeek View Post
I wasn't singling you out, I was making a statement for everyone. You may not have made a broad statement about women and shotguns, but those broad statements were made. No need to take it so personal or get all defensive about something.
Unless you are feeling guilty about it for some reason.
No guilt here sir.

You stated, "So yeah, anyone telling me their wife/girlfriend/partner/whatever can't handle a shotgun is full of it, they just aren't being taught right."

I said my wife can't handle a shotgun right now. I'm not full of it, it's a fact.
__________________
"To me,
the very least of all saints,
this grace was given,
to preach to the Gentiles
the unfathomable riches of Christ" (Ephesians 3:8)

Reply With Quote
  #617  
Old 12-28-2012, 11:59 AM
RhythmicGeek's Avatar
RhythmicGeek RhythmicGeek is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Country Roads
Posts: 23,089
Rep Points: 36580
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyJon View Post
No guilt here sir.

You stated, "So yeah, anyone telling me their wife/girlfriend/partner/whatever can't handle a shotgun is full of it, they just aren't being taught right."

I said my wife can't handle a shotgun right now. I'm not full of it, it's a fact.
You actually never put that qualifier onto it. You said that she could not shoot a shotgun comfortably, and then proceeded to talk about her being a small woman.
Reply With Quote
  #618  
Old 12-28-2012, 12:04 PM
WhoDeyJon's Avatar
WhoDeyJon WhoDeyJon is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,603
Rep Points: 1834
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmicGeek View Post
You actually never put that qualifier onto it. You said that she could not shoot a shotgun comfortably, and then proceeded to talk about her being a small woman.
She may never be able to. Nobody knows.
__________________
"To me,
the very least of all saints,
this grace was given,
to preach to the Gentiles
the unfathomable riches of Christ" (Ephesians 3:8)

Reply With Quote
  #619  
Old 12-28-2012, 12:22 PM
BmorePat87's Avatar
BmorePat87 BmorePat87 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Birdland
Posts: 10,557
Rep Points: 14475
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

This is probably more appropriate for P&R but I do not own firearms. I would definitely like to purchase one in the future. I think it is one of our most important rights. To legitimately make the claim that our govt has power because of the consent of the people, the people need to be able to check the power of the govt if they feel like it need to be changed or abolished. An unarmed population is one that does not control their govt. Libyans were only able to oust their authoritarian govt after the most powerful nation on the planet bombed their govt. Syrians are able to fight another dictator because they are armed.

Not that I expect this to ever happen in the US, but you never know what will happen decades down the road. People seem to be more accepting on of a powerful government and willing to relinquish rights in the name of "safety".

That and the zombie apocalypse. You're dead without a gun.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Anyways, Adderral's not even a drug
-----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
I still don't think we are evolved from primates. I don't think we are even remotely related.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmicGeek View Post
We aren't evolved from primates, we are primates.
--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
I can guarentee you there is not a dude on the earth that is as passionate about his male lover as I am my relgion.



Reply With Quote
  #620  
Old 12-28-2012, 12:24 PM
RhythmicGeek's Avatar
RhythmicGeek RhythmicGeek is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Country Roads
Posts: 23,089
Rep Points: 36580
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyJon View Post
She may never be able to. Nobody knows.
I don't know your wife, so I don't know just how small she is. But meet V (just because she is a friend and I don't want to give out her personal information, plus that is generally what I call her).



A coworker of mine, I've known her for years. You can't tell here, but she is about 4'9"-4'10" on a good day, and no bigger around than my thigh.

I've taken her out to shoot clays several times. It's all about being taught proper technique.
Reply With Quote
  #621  
Old 12-30-2012, 03:37 AM
Wingnut Wingnut is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,423
Rep Points: 6791
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyJon View Post
Keep stretching....


Quote:
Moving on....
Read dodging...

Quote:
Because there is no possible way that a bad guy might actually hide behind something, and be shooting back. I forgot in your world they just stad still with a giant target on their chest.
I let all the men I know who were shot dead to stop pretending because apparently they were shot with fake bullets. By targets who were standing still. And never hid behind anything. With giant targets on their chests.



Quote:
Thanks for the tip.
Most civilians I've seen practicing "self-defense" firing at the range are idiots.

Emptying the magazine as fast as they can or shooting at ranges much farther than they will encounter in their home which aren't realistic.

Did you ever play a sport? Why did you practice? To improve, right? How does practice make you improve? "Muscle memory." You train your neurological system to react with little to no conscious thinking until it becomes instinctive or "reflexive." That's why you train as realistically as possible.


Quote:
Didn't say there weren't other options, said there are better options. Stop making stuff up.
Didn't say the 2nd doesn't exist if I can only buy an 8 round magazine, said it is being infringed upon. Stop making stuff up.
Infringed?

Is your Second Amendment right infringed because you can't purchase a M240B?


Quote:
You're right, I just thought you were smart enough to understand what it meant, like others here did. My bad. I'll be more detailed for you.
It's called "attention to detail" for a reason. You might try it the next time you attempt to instruct someone in the four fundamentals of marksmanship. Beginning with #1, steady position.


Quote:
Yup, my son has a 410 single shot. But my wife can't handle a 12 gauge. What part of this is not making it into your brain?
Is there some reason she can't handle a .410? Is a .410 not a shotgun? Is there some reason you think .410 ammo isn't lethal? Let me guess, it's not "ideal"?

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/70894

Can your wife handle a Desert Eagle .50? Well, why would you buy her anything less "ideal" than a Desert Eagle .50?

Quote:
Personality disorder defined by who .....? Psychiatric peeps? Please.....
As opposed to whom? A ministry student who believes the underlying cause of the Sandy Hook shooting is sin? Why don't you pray to God to make the shootings stop? You could start a global prayer chain. I'll keep on eye on the news to see how effective that solution is.

Quote:
They do, but they do it wrong.
Why? Because they don't handle snakes? Or use laying on of the hands? Or speak in tongues? Or splash water on them? Or draw imaginary signs in the air? Or chant? Or perform exorcisms, excommunications, or inquisitions? Or is it because they don't pray the sin away?

Of course, you think psychologist and psychiatrist do it wrong. Just like the Catholics, the Jews, the Muslims, the Hindus, the Buddhists, and every other religion does it wrong. Except the Evangelicals who are the lone group to get it right during the history of human kind.


Quote:
Apparently you didn't see "and the likes." Oh wait, I forgot, you need everything spelled out completely for comprehension. I bet the birds and the bees talk was hilarious for you!
If you're talking psych drugs then you meant, "psychiatrists and the likes" not "psychologist and the likes."


Quote:
Again, not paying attention. Done here.
One can only dream you're actually done here.

Quote:
Attempted to correct would be better. I already know how bad your hermeneutics are from the dinosaur thread.
That must be why you conceded I was correct.

Quote:
So you didn't study Hebrew at all? Even better. That's all I needed to hear.
What did you hear? Nothing. You read what I wrote, but you didn't hear a damn thing.

Attention to detail might improve your poor hermeneutics, son. As well as your marksmanship instruction.

Quote:
Didn't say all. Thanks for the help there.

Quote:
No, I got the joke. But I was trying to stand in your shoes for a minute, and observe that statement as written with no ability to understand what was meant.
?

No, you didn't get the joke because as you stated you had no ability to understand what I meant in the first place. Both statements were jokes.



Quote:
Pain or no pain, she can't handle the gun safely. Try to absorb that this time.
Still not buying what you're shovelin'.


Quote:
We do have a bat in the home for self-defense as well. I'll beat someone with whatever I have if they break into my home and try to hurt my family.
But the bat wasn't "ideal"? Obviously not if you purchased a firearm. Are you going to shoot an intruder or are you going to beat an intruder? Or do you have the bat duct taped to your firearm like a bayonet and you're going to do both?

When are you getting the sharks with detachable lazer beams? That's laser with a "z" because laser with a "s" is just so two seconds ago for any self respecting Doomsday Prepper in the market for the "ideal" home security system/aquarium.


Quote:
Incorrect. More twisting. I'll give you one thing, you would be an amazing attorney!
Yes, you were incorrect.

Quote:
You just do it poorly.
I do it so poorly yet I would make an amazing attorney I do it so well?


Quote:
I suggest reading. Top to bottom, left to right (unless you are reading Hebrew, but you haven't studied that so....)
I studied the translation of the Bible.

Are you suggesting I can't understand The Old Testament if I didn't study biblical Hebrew? Because if that is the case how can you understand The New Testament if you haven't studied Koine Greek?


Quote:
I'm not sure what else to tell you. even the tiny Mossberg Mav 88 (18.5 inch barrel - VERY small home defense shotgun) she had an awful time with.
Which is still a 12g shotgun.

Is the Desert Eagle .50 easier to fire with a 6" barrel compared to a 10" barrel?

Quote:
I go back to my original point. Are YOU comfortable with a person handling a firearm that they can't safely operate? It's a simple question.
Your orginal point was your wife can't fire a shotgun. ANY shotgun. Now your point is your wife can't fire a 12 GAUGE shotgun.

Quote:
Apparently the words "liberal" and "conservative" are awful words to you. I will just change it to "left-winger" and "right-winger"...........................MUCH better right Wingnut? Get outta here with that garbage.
Any word used as a perjorative is still a perjorative. I warned you more than once. Yet, you didn't stop.

If you're going to preach to me to stop doing something you yourself did before me after I warned you multiple times to stop; I guess all I can say is, "Congratulations! You've passed your final exam to become a full-fleged minister!"
Reply With Quote
  #622  
Old 12-30-2012, 07:04 PM
WhoDeyJon's Avatar
WhoDeyJon WhoDeyJon is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,603
Rep Points: 1834
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post



Read dodging...


I let all the men I know who were shot dead to stop pretending because apparently they were shot with fake bullets. By targets who were standing still. And never hid behind anything. With giant targets on their chests.




Most civilians I've seen practicing "self-defense" firing at the range are idiots.

Emptying the magazine as fast as they can or shooting at ranges much farther than they will encounter in their home which aren't realistic.

Did you ever play a sport? Why did you practice? To improve, right? How does practice make you improve? "Muscle memory." You train your neurological system to react with little to no conscious thinking until it becomes instinctive or "reflexive." That's why you train as realistically as possible.



Infringed?

Is your Second Amendment right infringed because you can't purchase a M240B?



It's called "attention to detail" for a reason. You might try it the next time you attempt to instruct someone in the four fundamentals of marksmanship. Beginning with #1, steady position.



Is there some reason she can't handle a .410? Is a .410 not a shotgun? Is there some reason you think .410 ammo isn't lethal? Let me guess, it's not "ideal"?

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/70894

Can your wife handle a Desert Eagle .50? Well, why would you buy her anything less "ideal" than a Desert Eagle .50?


As opposed to whom? A ministry student who believes the underlying cause of the Sandy Hook shooting is sin? Why don't you pray to God to make the shootings stop? You could start a global prayer chain. I'll keep on eye on the news to see how effective that solution is.


Why? Because they don't handle snakes? Or use laying on of the hands? Or speak in tongues? Or splash water on them? Or draw imaginary signs in the air? Or chant? Or perform exorcisms, excommunications, or inquisitions? Or is it because they don't pray the sin away?

Of course, you think psychologist and psychiatrist do it wrong. Just like the Catholics, the Jews, the Muslims, the Hindus, the Buddhists, and every other religion does it wrong. Except the Evangelicals who are the lone group to get it right during the history of human kind.



If you're talking psych drugs then you meant, "psychiatrists and the likes" not "psychologist and the likes."



One can only dream you're actually done here.


That must be why you conceded I was correct.


What did you hear? Nothing. You read what I wrote, but you didn't hear a damn thing.

Attention to detail might improve your poor hermeneutics, son. As well as your marksmanship instruction.





?

No, you didn't get the joke because as you stated you had no ability to understand what I meant in the first place. Both statements were jokes.




Still not buying what you're shovelin'.



But the bat wasn't "ideal"? Obviously not if you purchased a firearm. Are you going to shoot an intruder or are you going to beat an intruder? Or do you have the bat duct taped to your firearm like a bayonet and you're going to do both?

When are you getting the sharks with detachable lazer beams? That's laser with a "z" because laser with a "s" is just so two seconds ago for any self respecting Doomsday Prepper in the market for the "ideal" home security system/aquarium.



Yes, you were incorrect.


I do it so poorly yet I would make an amazing attorney I do it so well?



I studied the translation of the Bible.

Are you suggesting I can't understand The Old Testament if I didn't study biblical Hebrew? Because if that is the case how can you understand The New Testament if you haven't studied Koine Greek?



Which is still a 12g shotgun.

Is the Desert Eagle .50 easier to fire with a 6" barrel compared to a 10" barrel?


Your orginal point was your wife can't fire a shotgun. ANY shotgun. Now your point is your wife can't fire a 12 GAUGE shotgun.


Any word used as a perjorative is still a perjorative. I warned you more than once. Yet, you didn't stop.

If you're going to preach to me to stop doing something you yourself did before me after I warned you multiple times to stop; I guess all I can say is, "Congratulations! You've passed your final exam to become a full-fleged minister!"
I'm reminded of a quote...

"This is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over all the pieces, crap on the board, and strut around the table like it's victorious."

Good day.
__________________
"To me,
the very least of all saints,
this grace was given,
to preach to the Gentiles
the unfathomable riches of Christ" (Ephesians 3:8)

Reply With Quote
  #623  
Old 12-31-2012, 01:37 AM
Wingnut Wingnut is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,423
Rep Points: 6791
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyJon View Post
I'm reminded of a quote...

"This is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over all the pieces, crap on the board, and strut around the table like it's victorious."

Good day.
Actually, the quote should read, "Debating creationists on the topic of evolution is rather like trying to play chess with a pigeon -- it knocks the pieces over, craps on the board, and flies back to its flock to claim victory.

The pro-creationist reviewers of this book clearly demonstrate this to be true. "

http://www.amazon.com/review/R2367M3BJ05M82

It is ironic you would misquote someone to illustrate I'm incorrect and hilarious you would choose an anti-creationist quote to lend support to your position.

I'm reminded of a quote as well.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King, Jr

Last edited by Wingnut; 12-31-2012 at 02:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #624  
Old 12-31-2012, 10:12 AM
WhoDeyJon's Avatar
WhoDeyJon WhoDeyJon is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,603
Rep Points: 1834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
Actually, the quote should read, "Debating creationists on the topic of evolution is rather like trying to play chess with a pigeon -- it knocks the pieces over, craps on the board, and flies back to its flock to claim victory.

The pro-creationist reviewers of this book clearly demonstrate this to be true. "

http://www.amazon.com/review/R2367M3BJ05M82

It is ironic you would misquote someone to illustrate I'm incorrect and hilarious you would choose an anti-creationist quote to lend support to your position.

I'm reminded of a quote as well.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King, Jr
I'm aware of how it was used to mock creationists, and therefore, God. And I'm not surprised you would use it that way.

But it has many tweaked many times, and it fits here.
__________________
"To me,
the very least of all saints,
this grace was given,
to preach to the Gentiles
the unfathomable riches of Christ" (Ephesians 3:8)


Last edited by WhoDeyJon; 12-31-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #625  
Old 12-31-2012, 07:06 PM
Wingnut Wingnut is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,423
Rep Points: 6791
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyJon View Post
I'm aware of how it was used to mock creationists, and therefore, God. And I'm not surprised you would use it that way.
The only problem with your strawman is I never used the quote in that way.

Quote:
But it has many tweaked many times, and it fits here.
Oh, I see the problem. You don't understand what a quote is.

A quote is when you repeat a statement made by another individual or group verbatim while acknowledging the source.

When a quote has been "tweaked" or changed it is no longer a quote by definition.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.