Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

View Poll Results: Will the Bengals win a playoff game against the Texans?
Yes - Bengals Win 70 87.50%
No - Bengals Lose 10 12.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 12-30-2012, 10:40 PM
bleedorange85's Avatar
bleedorange85 bleedorange85 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: cincinnati
Posts: 795
Rep Points: 1831
Default Re: Will the Bengals win a playoff game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
Can I get a Hell Yes?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aLtGwHqX8M

I think Bengals pull it out as well. As much as I hated his play last year in the playoffs, Crocker needs to be healthy for them to help pull this off. He did come out already and say he'll be ready to play, which is awesome.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-30-2012, 10:42 PM
Millz's Avatar
Millz Millz is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 9,314
Rep Points: 20086
Default Re: Will the Bengals win a playoff game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
This isn't "hope", Kain. I'm telling you.....it's a certainty.
Not only it's a certainty, we will then go to Denver and beat the Broncos as Peyton will be a dud in the hopeful crappy cold weather there. Then we will go and beat the Patriots in Foxboro in the AFC Title game. I believe!
__________________

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown
We did some good things today. - Marvin Lewis

Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-30-2012, 10:44 PM
Carlos Spicyweiner's Avatar
Carlos Spicyweiner Carlos Spicyweiner is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Where the Realists congregate
Posts: 2,300
Rep Points: 5479
Default Re: Will the Bengals win a playoff game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millz View Post
Not only it's a certainty, we will then go to Denver and beat the Broncos as Peyton will be a dud in the hopeful crappy cold weather there. Then we will go and beat the Patriots in Foxboro in the AFC Title game. I believe!
Hell yea! Love it!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-30-2012, 10:45 PM
Dan_The_Bengals_Fan's Avatar
Dan_The_Bengals_Fan Dan_The_Bengals_Fan is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 864
Rep Points: 845
Default Re: Will the Bengals win a playoff game?

Last years lose to to them in the first round had to of left a bad taste in their mouths, I'm certain they don't want it to end the same exact way again, AND THEY WON'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-30-2012, 10:47 PM
Fan_in_Kettering's Avatar
Fan_in_Kettering Fan_in_Kettering is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 8,159
Rep Points: 27345
Default Re: Will the Bengals win a playoff game?

The Texans' Message Boards are exploding with fans venting their fear of how bad Houston is going to get destroyed by Cincinnati next week. Their fans already want Gary Kubiak fired and Matt Schaub benched in favor of TJ Yates. Some fans are sarcastically predicting that the Bengals will score 100 points because the Texans' defense has been stinky of late.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 12-30-2012, 10:59 PM
Johnny Cupcakes's Avatar
Johnny Cupcakes Johnny Cupcakes is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The District
Posts: 12,121
Rep Points: 22181
Default Re: Will the Bengals win a playoff game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millz View Post
Not only it's a certainty, we will then go to Denver and beat the Broncos as Peyton will be a dud in the hopeful crappy cold weather there. Then we will go and beat the Patriots in Foxboro in the AFC Title game. I believe!
I approve here, sir Millz. I'm digging this orange Kool-Aid massively! Maybe its because it's really Jameson and Ice cubes, but seriously...it's going down.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 12-30-2012, 11:04 PM
Millz's Avatar
Millz Millz is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 9,314
Rep Points: 20086
Default Re: Will the Bengals win a playoff game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
I approve here, sir Millz. I'm digging this orange Kool-Aid massively! Maybe its because it's really Jameson and Ice cubes, but seriously...it's going down.
My kool-aid is green here and says Prestone on it!
__________________

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown
We did some good things today. - Marvin Lewis

Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 12-30-2012, 11:04 PM
Brunz Brunz is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: CINCINNATI!!!
Posts: 532
Rep Points: 178
Default

Yes our D is the real deal.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 12-30-2012, 11:04 PM
Johnny Cupcakes's Avatar
Johnny Cupcakes Johnny Cupcakes is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The District
Posts: 12,121
Rep Points: 22181
Default Re: Will the Bengals win a playoff game?

Seriously, You guys have probably seen the "Most users ever online" record of 2,505 on 10-11-2009 at 04:14 PM. Yeah? Well that's gonna get broken Saturday night. This place will be jubilant.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 12-30-2012, 11:04 PM
LeTigre LeTigre is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,075
Rep Points: 1030
Default Re: Will the Bengals win a playoff game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan_in_Kettering View Post
The Texans' Message Boards are exploding with fans venting their fear of how bad Houston is going to get destroyed by Cincinnati next week. Their fans already want Gary Kubiak fired and Matt Schaub benched in favor of TJ Yates. Some fans are sarcastically predicting that the Bengals will score 100 points because the Texans' defense has been stinky of late.
I had to go see it for myself. Wow. It's really hard to understand the negativity going on there. The Texans are a 12-4 team with a solid QB, a good running back, an elite receiver and an acceptable defense. It's like the end of the world over there on that board. Bizarre.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 12-30-2012, 11:10 PM
Johnny Cupcakes's Avatar
Johnny Cupcakes Johnny Cupcakes is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The District
Posts: 12,121
Rep Points: 22181
Default Re: Will the Bengals win a playoff game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millz View Post
My kool-aid is green here and says Prestone on it!
Hey man,....if that's your thing, then more power to you. One time I put some of that stuff in the punch at a work Christmas party. Apparently it's pretty strong becuase everyone was gagging on it, then they all fell asleep.......so I just left.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 12-30-2012, 11:10 PM
Fan_in_Kettering's Avatar
Fan_in_Kettering Fan_in_Kettering is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 8,159
Rep Points: 27345
Default Re: Will the Bengals win a playoff game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeTigre View Post
I had to go see it for myself. Wow. It's really hard to understand the negativity going on there. The Texans are a 12-4 team with a solid QB, a good running back, an elite receiver and an acceptable defense. It's like the end of the world over there on that board. Bizarre.
That's the truth. In the Texans' fans defense, their frustration is justified given that the Minnesota Vikings and Indianapolis Colts basically spanked them into submission. If I were were Marvin Lewis I would be preparing the Bengals to absolutely punch Houston right in the chops on the first defensive play of the game. Also, Cincinnati needs a designed gadget play to run on the first offensive possession like the Mohamed Sanu-to-AJ Green pass against the Redskins. The big idea is to take the Texans' crowd out of the game as early as possible because Houston doesn't have the ability to come from behind.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 12-30-2012, 11:33 PM
BigPapaKain's Avatar
BigPapaKain BigPapaKain is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Posts: 6,796
Rep Points: 12492
Default Re: Will the Bengals win a playoff game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
This isn't "hope", Kain. I'm telling you.....it's a certainty.
I certainly wish I could believe that. You'll just have to forgive me for not wanting to get my hopes up only to have them dashed.

Last time I had hope, #9 got his knee destroyed and the Steelers won a Super Bowl because of it.

Don't get me wrong - they go down to Houston and win, I'm going to start believing for the first time in a long time. Not for a Super Bowl this year, but the future will finally have a ray of light for me. I just can't force myself to say this game is a certainty.
__________________
Vi veri universum vivus vici - By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 12-30-2012, 11:42 PM
LeTigre LeTigre is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,075
Rep Points: 1030
Default Re: Will the Bengals win a playoff game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan_in_Kettering View Post
That's the truth. In the Texans' fans defense, their frustration is justified given that the Minnesota Vikings and Indianapolis Colts basically spanked them into submission. If I were were Marvin Lewis I would be preparing the Bengals to absolutely punch Houston right in the chops on the first defensive play of the game. Also, Cincinnati needs a designed gadget play to run on the first offensive possession like the Mohamed Sanu-to-AJ Green pass against the Redskins. The big idea is to take the Texans' crowd out of the game as early as possible because Houston doesn't have the ability to come from behind.
I totally agree on the need to strike quickly. If the Bengals come out slowly with a dink and dunk offense or are too run heavy that will be a severe coaching mistake. When a team is struggling and they are on the ropes, you've got to go hard.

Maybe some of the fan behavior on that board can also be chalked up to them being a recent expansion franchise.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 12-30-2012, 11:45 PM
Johnny Cupcakes's Avatar
Johnny Cupcakes Johnny Cupcakes is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The District
Posts: 12,121
Rep Points: 22181
Default Re: Will the Bengals win a playoff game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapaKain View Post
I certainly wish I could believe that. You'll just have to forgive me for not wanting to get my hopes up only to have them dashed.

Last time I had hope, #9 got his knee destroyed and the Steelers won a Super Bowl because of it.

Don't get me wrong - they go down to Houston and win, I'm going to start believing for the first time in a long time. Not for a Super Bowl this year, but the future will finally have a ray of light for me. I just can't force myself to say this game is a certainty.
Dude, I felt exactly the same as this. The last time I actually had some legitimate hope for the Bengals was in 2005. 2009 and 2011 didn't do anything for me. This season has me believing a little bit more. 7 wins of the last 8 with the one loss coming by a single point. Sure they've had some troubles, and they definitely have spots on the team where they can improve. But with this top Defense and servicable Offense, I see no reason why they don't go into Houston and "steal" a win from a faltering team...

Six days, and you can say.....Johnny Cupcakes.....I believe now.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 12-31-2012, 12:18 AM
BengalsBong BengalsBong is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 920
Rep Points: 677
Default Re: Will the Bengals win a playoff game?

If we dont turn the ball over we can win a playoff game.If our Offense ,Defense and ST shows up and plays hard the sky is the limit.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 12-31-2012, 12:23 AM
junglester's Avatar
junglester junglester is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,012
Rep Points: 884
Default Re: Will the Bengals win a playoff game?

I think the Bengals beat the Texans, but the Broncos concern me.
__________________


You said bare your sole. Wait, you didn't mean the shoe? Well, when you hear I'm a Browns fan you'll understand.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 12-31-2012, 01:17 AM
yellowxdiscipline's Avatar
yellowxdiscipline yellowxdiscipline is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Cincy
Posts: 8,449
Rep Points: 8949
Default Re: Will the Bengals win a playoff game?

The Ginger has to be on fire for us to be able to scrap through this one. We are a more experienced team than last season, it will be close but I think we may steal this one.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-05-2013, 10:52 PM
Johnny Cupcakes's Avatar
Johnny Cupcakes Johnny Cupcakes is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The District
Posts: 12,121
Rep Points: 22181
Default Re: Will the Bengals win a playoff game?

It hurts so bad......because we were all so confident this time around. Kain was right.....the confidence will kill us.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-05-2013, 10:58 PM
Nately120's Avatar
Nately120 Nately120 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: PA, of all places
Posts: 5,483
Rep Points: 7812
Default Re: Will the Bengals win a playoff game?

I voted "no" but in all fairness the game has been over for about 4 hours.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 01-05-2013, 11:02 PM
Millz's Avatar
Millz Millz is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 9,314
Rep Points: 20086
Default Re: Will the Bengals win a playoff game?

Well dang I voted yes too..But in the pick-em threads, I went with the Texans.
__________________

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown
We did some good things today. - Marvin Lewis

Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01-05-2013, 11:03 PM
Johnny Cupcakes's Avatar
Johnny Cupcakes Johnny Cupcakes is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The District
Posts: 12,121
Rep Points: 22181
Default Re: Will the Bengals win a playoff game?

"No" votes are about to skyrocket!
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01-05-2013, 11:07 PM
Night's Watch's Avatar
Night's Watch Night's Watch is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,398
Rep Points: 2615
Default Re: Will the Bengals win a playoff game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
It hurts so bad......because we were all so confident this time around. Kain was right.....the confidence will kill us.
Why is hurts so much more this year.....had very little confidence in last years playoff game, but this year was different. (For me at least)
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.