Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 12-30-2012, 11:44 PM
Cincy's Best's Avatar
Cincy's Best Cincy's Best is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Demon's Run
Posts: 3,760
Rep Points: 4351
Default Re: Round 1 OL

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
Except when you expound on another man's thoughts, you are putting **** in their mouth.
I never said he would be ****. So don't say I did.
We will just have to disagree with that. I am not putting words in your mouth. Like you said you are a man and should be mindful of what you say.

To recap, I said that Jones could play OT if Andre isn't resigned. Your reply was "Not in the NFL".

I am allowed to take your comment any way I want. I took it to mean that you don't want Jones on this team. You feel he would not improve our line and if Andre leaves then we would hurt ourselves by drafting Jones as his replacement. I disagree with that assessment.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-30-2012, 11:47 PM
berserkerone88's Avatar
berserkerone88 berserkerone88 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Did you get that thing I sencha?
Posts: 20,302
Rep Points: 25175
Default Re: Round 1 OL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
We will just have to disagree with that. I am not putting words in your mouth. Like you said you are a man and should be mindful of what you say.

To recap, I said that Jones could play OT if Andre isn't resigned. Your reply was "Not in the NFL".

I am allowed to take your comment any way I want. I took it to mean that you don't want Jones on this team. You feel he would not improve our line and if Andre leaves then we would hurt ourselves by drafting Jones as his replacement. I disagree with that assessment.
Lol. Yeah whatever buddy.

You said Jones could. Im taking that as you support child rapist Roman Polanski.
I can do that right? Im just expounding on your thoughts.

Jones profiles better inside. By just about everyone. So why take a guy who will be better inside when you have a shot at a real tackle?
Fisher
Aboushi
Johnson
Thomas
Fluker

Jones might be able to Steinbach it at OT in emergencies, but he won't be there in the NFL for his career.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-31-2012, 12:01 AM
Cincy's Best's Avatar
Cincy's Best Cincy's Best is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Demon's Run
Posts: 3,760
Rep Points: 4351
Default Re: Round 1 OL

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
Lol. Yeah whatever buddy.

You said Jones could. Im taking that as you support child rapist Roman Polanski.
I can do that right? Im just expounding on your thoughts.

Jones profiles better inside. By just about everyone. So why take a guy who will be better inside when you have a shot at a real tackle?
Fisher
Aboushi
Johnson
Thomas
Fluker

Jones might be able to Steinbach it at OT in emergencies, but he won't be there in the NFL for his career.
OK, now your just being childish. I talk football and you talk film. Take it however you want. They are your words, which you should be more careful with if you don't want any misconceptions.

Now I haven't seen any of these "real" Tackles play the OT position better than Jones did when he played the position. Yes Jones does project to the inside, but that is all it is; a projection. I also see the value of moving him inside to OC if we can get a "real" Tackle. Why wouldn't you want that on our line?

Now I am not saying ignore the Defense. I would take Ansah, Werner (if he falls) or Okafor with the Oakland pick in the 2nd round and then Hodges in the 3rd round.

I am favor of taking Jones with the 1st pick even if we keep Andre. However knowing that he can play OT and knowing that Smith isn't a lock to stay here. I like the bringing him in that much more.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-31-2012, 12:07 AM
berserkerone88's Avatar
berserkerone88 berserkerone88 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Did you get that thing I sencha?
Posts: 20,302
Rep Points: 25175
Default Re: Round 1 OL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
OK, now your just being childish. I talk football and you talk film. Take it however you want. They are your words, which you should be more careful with if you don't want any misconceptions.

Now I haven't seen any of these "real" Tackles play the OT position better than Jones did when he played the position. Yes Jones does project to the inside, but that is all it is; a projection. I also see the value of moving him inside to OC if we can get a "real" Tackle. Why wouldn't you want that on our line?

Now I am not saying ignore the Defense. I would take Ansah, Werner (if he falls) or Okafor with the Oakland pick in the 2nd round and then Hodges in the 3rd round.

I am favor of taking Jones with the 1st pick even if we keep Andre. However knowing that he can play OT and knowing that Smith isn't a lock to stay here. I like the bringing him in that much more.
What are you talking about? Im just playing your game making things up.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-31-2012, 12:16 AM
Cincy's Best's Avatar
Cincy's Best Cincy's Best is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Demon's Run
Posts: 3,760
Rep Points: 4351
Default Re: Round 1 OL

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
What are you talking about? Im just playing your game making things up.
So no football conversations. Got it. Have fun continuing to post things that you "didn't say" because you don't "mean" what you say.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 12-31-2012, 12:20 AM
berserkerone88's Avatar
berserkerone88 berserkerone88 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Did you get that thing I sencha?
Posts: 20,302
Rep Points: 25175
Default Re: Round 1 OL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
You're right. He he is a terrible player and will be terrible in the NFL. I just happen to disagree. He played well as an OT in college and as an OG as well as an OC. Why do you think he will be a terrible OT in the NFL?
Here is what you said.
Now I have asked you repeatedly to show where I said he would be terrible at OT, hell, where I said he was a terrible player in general. Please show me. Expound on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
So no football conversations. Got it. Have fun continuing to post things that you "didn't say" because you don't "mean" what you say.
No. I meant what I said. I never suggested otherwise.
You on the other hand, have absolutely bastardized what I said into something I didn't.
So if you would pull your head out, and address what I actually said, I would gladly go into it with you.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 12-31-2012, 12:41 AM
Cincy's Best's Avatar
Cincy's Best Cincy's Best is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Demon's Run
Posts: 3,760
Rep Points: 4351
Default Re: Round 1 OL

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
Here is what you said.
Now I have asked you repeatedly to show where I said he would be terrible at OT, hell, where I said he was a terrible player in general. Please show me. Expound on that.



No. I meant what I said. I never suggested otherwise.
You on the other hand, have absolutely bastardized what I said into something I didn't.
So if you would pull your head out, and address what I actually said, I would gladly go into it with you.

Like I told you before, I posted that Jones could play OT. You said "Not in the NFL". If you don't mean that to be that you don't want Jones on this team as a OT then how did you mean it?

Yes you come across on Jones as a player that isn't as good as some think he is. That isn't me that is you. You would rather have a number of different players other than Jones. So if you feel that way that must mean you think he is a bad player. If you didn't mean to say he is a bad player then why not say:

"I know Jones has played LT in college and has done well at the position but I don't think he will translate that success into the NFL because...."

Oh wait. I am not supposed to put words in your mouth. So I am not to assume you actually have reasons for not wanting Jones here or you meant it the way I stated it either.

Remember don't just post sarcastic one line replies unless you are prepared for readers to "put words" in your mouth. I am not putting anything in your mouth I am just going off of what you give me.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 12-31-2012, 12:43 AM
berserkerone88's Avatar
berserkerone88 berserkerone88 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Did you get that thing I sencha?
Posts: 20,302
Rep Points: 25175
Default Re: Round 1 OL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
Like I told you before, I posted that Jones could play OT. You said "Not in the NFL". If you don't mean that to be that you don't want Jones on this team as a OT then how did you mean it?

Yes you come across on Jones as a player that isn't as good as some think he is. That isn't me that is you. You would rather have a number of different players other than Jones. So if you feel that way that must mean you think he is a bad player. If you didn't mean to say he is a bad player then why not say:

"I know Jones has played LT in college and has done well at the position but I don't think he will translate that success into the NFL because...."

Oh wait. I am not supposed to put words in your mouth. So I am not to assume you actually have reasons for not wanting Jones here or you meant it the way I stated it either.

Remember don't just post sarcastic one line replies unless you are prepared for readers to "put words" in your mouth. I am not putting anything in your mouth I am just going off of what you give me.
You have still yet to show me where I said anything about him being terrible.
Im sorry you read way too much into a basic comment about him not playing OT in the NFL. Im sorry you did that.

And yes you did unless you can show me where I said anything other than I don't think he will be an OT in the NFL.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 12-31-2012, 12:52 AM
Cincy's Best's Avatar
Cincy's Best Cincy's Best is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Demon's Run
Posts: 3,760
Rep Points: 4351
Default Re: Round 1 OL

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
You have still yet to show me where I said anything about him being terrible.
Im sorry you read way too much into a basic comment about him not playing OT in the NFL. Im sorry you did that.

And yes you did unless you can show me where I said anything other than I don't think he will be an OT in the NFL.
I was being as sarcastic about your comment as you were with mine. Though you do come across as not liking Jones as a 1st round pick up for some reason.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 12-31-2012, 12:54 AM
berserkerone88's Avatar
berserkerone88 berserkerone88 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Did you get that thing I sencha?
Posts: 20,302
Rep Points: 25175
Default Re: Round 1 OL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
I was being as sarcastic about your comment as you were with mine. Though you do come across as not liking Jones as a 1st round pick up for some reason.
Because I don't see how he fits with this team.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 12-31-2012, 01:03 AM
Cincy's Best's Avatar
Cincy's Best Cincy's Best is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Demon's Run
Posts: 3,760
Rep Points: 4351
Default Re: Round 1 OL

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
Because I don't see how he fits with this team.
He fits as an OC if we resign Andre and as an OT if we don't.

BTW I did some searching remember this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
I dont see Jones as a C in the NFL. He has actually struggled there this year for Bama against the better DT's he faced. He isn't overpoweringly strong or anything. He obviously passes the check up from the neck up, but I wonder if he can be a first round pick without the physical attributes to go along with it.
Look at the C taken early, the Pounceys, Mack and Mangold. All of them are/were incredibly tough physical strong lineman. Jones is a more technically sound, win with skill type.

He is still the best C in this draft no doubt. But I would think his best position would be LG in the NFL.
Again you say he struggles against better DT's. He does have a weakness for smaller speedier DTs other than that he has been solid. As a OT he gave up 0 sacks and pressures as well as opened up running lanes.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 12-31-2012, 01:11 AM
berserkerone88's Avatar
berserkerone88 berserkerone88 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Did you get that thing I sencha?
Posts: 20,302
Rep Points: 25175
Default Re: Round 1 OL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
He fits as an OC if we resign Andre and as an OT if we don't.

BTW I did some searching remember this:



Again you say he struggles against better DT's. He does have a weakness for smaller speedier DTs other than that he has been solid. As a OT he gave up 0 sacks and pressures as well as opened up running lanes.
Yes I do. And I still stand by that. He has done nothing to show me otherwise.
I don't like him at C and I don't like him at OT.
I think he is a LG in the NFL. I don't think he can handle the NT of the NFL as a C. People get all cranky when Cook just washes a NT down the line and Jones does the same thing in college.

He doesn't have the foot speed to be an elite OT in the NFL. He doesn't have the drive and violent punch. He lacks the lower body base to anchor the line. Our C and RT have to anchor. He doesn't do that as a C and I can't see him doing that as a RT.

0 pressures?
2011 vs LSU
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 12-31-2012, 01:23 AM
Cincy's Best's Avatar
Cincy's Best Cincy's Best is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Demon's Run
Posts: 3,760
Rep Points: 4351
Default Re: Round 1 OL

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
Yes I do. And I still stand by that. He has done nothing to show me otherwise.
I don't like him at C and I don't like him at OT.
I think he is a LG in the NFL. I don't think he can handle the NT of the NFL as a C. People get all cranky when Cook just washes a NT down the line and Jones does the same thing in college.

He doesn't have the foot speed to be an elite OT in the NFL. He doesn't have the drive and violent punch. He lacks the lower body base to anchor the line. Our C and RT have to anchor. He doesn't do that as a C and I can't see him doing that as a RT.

0 pressures?
2011 vs LSU
Yeah, 0 pressures. So where do you think he should be drafted and by which team? Sounds to me that you think he is a "terrible player" but correct me if I am wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 12-31-2012, 01:26 AM
berserkerone88's Avatar
berserkerone88 berserkerone88 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Did you get that thing I sencha?
Posts: 20,302
Rep Points: 25175
Default Re: Round 1 OL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
Yeah, 0 pressures. So where do you think he should be drafted and by which team? Sounds to me that you think he is a "terrible player" but correct me if I am wrong.
I saw 3 in the first few minutes of that LSU clip.
I think he will go in the end of the first or early second.
His best chance in the first might be Green Bay or maybe New England.

I would play him at LG where he won't have to be an anchor.
He reminds me a ton of Eric Steinbach. And that is around where I would draft him.
But I don't think he is that much better than Boling.
Konz is basically the same type of center he is and fell far in the draft.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 12-31-2012, 03:33 AM
Cincy's Best's Avatar
Cincy's Best Cincy's Best is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Demon's Run
Posts: 3,760
Rep Points: 4351
Default Re: Round 1 OL

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
I saw 3 in the first few minutes of that LSU clip.
I think he will go in the end of the first or early second.
His best chance in the first might be Green Bay or maybe New England.

I would play him at LG where he won't have to be an anchor.
He reminds me a ton of Eric Steinbach. And that is around where I would draft him.
But I don't think he is that much better than Boling.
Konz is basically the same type of center he is and fell far in the draft.
Must not have been looking closely then. Maybe you have the players mixed up or something.

So your saying 2 of the best teams in football would take this guy in the 1st but the Bengals should stay away from him unless he is there in the 2nd round or even 3rd. I disagree with your assessment that he couldn't play RT. I also disagree with your assessment that he would struggle as a OC.

I don't think we will draft him in the 1st because that isn't MB's style but I would be very excited if we did. Now if I had my say in the matter and he was available then I wouldn't hesitate to bring him on board. Pick up Ansah, Okafor or Werner (who I just feel will fall) in the 2nd round.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 12-31-2012, 03:35 AM
berserkerone88's Avatar
berserkerone88 berserkerone88 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Did you get that thing I sencha?
Posts: 20,302
Rep Points: 25175
Default Re: Round 1 OL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
Must not have been looking closely then. Maybe you have the players mixed up or something.

So your saying 2 of the best teams in football would take this guy in the 1st but the Bengals should stay away from him unless he is there in the 2nd round or even 3rd. I disagree with your assessment that he couldn't play RT. I also disagree with your assessment that he would struggle as a OC.

I don't think we will draft him in the 1st because that isn't MB's style but I would be very excited if we did. Now if I had my say in the matter and he was available then I wouldn't hesitate to bring him on board. Pick up Ansah, Okafor or Werner (who I just feel will fall) in the 2nd round.
No Im saying we don't need a LG right now.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 12-31-2012, 04:56 AM
Cincy's Best's Avatar
Cincy's Best Cincy's Best is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Demon's Run
Posts: 3,760
Rep Points: 4351
Default Re: Round 1 OL

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
No Im saying we don't need a LG right now.
Good because I wouldn't want him drafted to play LG. I would have him play OC if Smith is resigned or RT if not.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.