Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-31-2012, 05:26 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2378
Default Postseason success/failure and the impact it will have on our looming FAs

I honestly believe that if we can make some noise this postseason that it will give us a better chance to sign some of our guys to non-ridiculous deals. If we go to Houston and lay an egg that could leave a very bad taste in the mouth of a couple guys and they may view is as the same old Bengals and want huge money to stay.

Another thing to consider...if we were to lose and Zimmer gets picked up as a HC elsewhere would MJ follow him? We need to lock up Andre Smith so that we don't spend a couple years trying to figure out if Collins is the answer maybe at Dalton's expense. Roland as the backup RT is just plain scary.

We can all remember what happened to Carson when our awesome 2005 oline was dismantled one piece at a time. You don't blow a 1st round pick on a tackle and let him walk when he finally plays up to his potential.

As much as it pains me to say it I believe MJ is more expendable as with Atkins, Gilberry, and Dunlap and two promising rookie DTs any decent NFL DE could do what he has done. Just my honest opinion.

So here's to changing the loser culture of this team with a convincing win next Saturday.