Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 12-31-2012, 08:26 AM
RumbleCat RumbleCat is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,019
Rep Points: 6467
Default Re: I'm having my first child!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neek View Post
Congrats Mexico. Are you naming the child Chalupa Batman?
No, Rico Suave'
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 12-31-2012, 08:41 AM
Cure4CF's Avatar
Cure4CF Cure4CF is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 227
Rep Points: 953
Default Re: I'm having my first child!

Congratulations and good luck! I can't think of anything else to say because I'm to tired from taking care of my little one. Get as much sleep as you can, get out and have as much fun as you can while you can.
Really though, take good care of the Mrs. before and after the birth. You will never have thought you could love anything as much as you will love the little one and that is all you need.

EDIT: And money. Lots of money!

Last edited by Cure4CF; 12-31-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 12-31-2012, 09:23 AM
WhoDeyJon's Avatar
WhoDeyJon WhoDeyJon is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,603
Rep Points: 1823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
The one things kids value more than any toy or TV show is your attention. Sounds simple enough, but with the demands of everyday life that sometimes that is one of the hardest things to give them. But give it to them as much as you can while you can because there will eventually come a day when they don't have time for you.

I had my second daughter when my first one was two-and-a-half. It was tough for the firstborn to no longer have the undivided attention of her parents when her younger sister came along. I'll never forget one day when I came home from work and took her on a walk. We saw squirrels, and butterflies, and some of the first flowers of the spring. When we got home I asked her what her favorite part of the walk was, and she said "You." Moments like that will choke up even the biggest hardass.
Well said.
__________________
"To me,
the very least of all saints,
this grace was given,
to preach to the Gentiles
the unfathomable riches of Christ" (Ephesians 3:8)

Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 12-31-2012, 09:28 AM
BANJAXED's Avatar
BANJAXED BANJAXED is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OAKLEY
Posts: 23,009
Rep Points: 56334
Default Re: I'm having my first child!



GREAT NEWS!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 12-31-2012, 09:55 AM
Morning Star Morning Star is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,806
Rep Points: 2354
Default Re: I'm having my first child!

So how is your wife feeling now? Does she sleep more?
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 12-31-2012, 11:23 AM
fredtoast's Avatar
fredtoast fredtoast is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Scenic East Tennessee
Posts: 47,699
Rep Points: 52263
Default Re: I'm having my first child!

Everyone is concetrating on advice about your child, but I think you alos need to know a little about pregnant women. They are going through huge surges of hormones and all sorts of stuff. it makes them a little crazy. Here are a few tips to help you out.

Constantly ask her if she really needs to eat that much and gain so much weight.

Tell her that she better have a boy, but reassure her that if she does have a daughter you will raise her as if she was really wanted.

Tell hert car seats aren't really that important.



Seriously, though, the general experience is that the first few months are the worst, but any morning sickness should be gone after the first trimester, and by the final couple of months the moods will stabilize also.

Also some people dismiss post-partum depression, but it can be a serious condition. even if your wife has never had any history of depression she can suffer from it. after a baby is born the fathers attention is almost fully on the child. So you need to be sure and keep a close eye on your wife also.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 12-31-2012, 11:58 AM
WhoDeyJon's Avatar
WhoDeyJon WhoDeyJon is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,603
Rep Points: 1823
Default Re: I'm having my first child!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post

Constantly ask her if she really needs to eat that much and gain so much weight.

Tell her that she better have a boy, but reassure her that if she does have a daughter you will raise her as if she was really wanted.

Tell hert car seats aren't really that important.
LOL

Also tell her that any surgery or trauma you have been through is far worse than child birth ever could be.
__________________
"To me,
the very least of all saints,
this grace was given,
to preach to the Gentiles
the unfathomable riches of Christ" (Ephesians 3:8)

Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 12-31-2012, 01:06 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 34,741
Rep Points: 34068
Default Re: I'm having my first child!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
As many of you know, I recently got married to an amazing specimen of a woman. We had been dating for 6 years, and engaged for 2 before we finally tied the knot. So, right after the marriage is all done, she tells me that she wants to have a kid. I was on board with the idea from the beginning.

Soooooo....about a month and a half ago, she told me that we were expecting our first child! I'm pretty excited about it. I wanted to post this a while ago, but I didn't want to jump the gun just in case something bad happened early on in the pregnancy. I come from a rather large family (oldest of 6 children), so I have a decent amount of experience around kids, but I'm still here to request some pointers. I know nothing about being a father....only a bunch about being a big brother, and seeing as how a lot of you have children, I was thinking that you may be able to tell me some things to do and not do along the way.

Also....I'm not a complete idiot like I portray myself to be on these message boards. I just like having a bit of fun with you fools.

Anyway, this should be fun!
Make sure you follow up on all your Promises... Good or Bad. If you promise an ice cream or a spanking make sure you deliver every time.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 12-31-2012, 02:42 PM
neek's Avatar
neek neek is online now
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: OHIO
Posts: 5,844
Rep Points: 10781
Default Re: I'm having my first child!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
Make sure you follow up on all your Promises... Good or Bad. If you promise an ice cream or a spanking make sure you deliver every time.
I don't think that's gonna be a problem. Every time he has promised me Ice Cream and a spanking, he's delivered.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 12-31-2012, 02:46 PM
Johnny Cupcakes's Avatar
Johnny Cupcakes Johnny Cupcakes is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The District
Posts: 12,171
Rep Points: 22444
Default Re: I'm having my first child!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
Everyone is concetrating on advice about your child, but I think you alos need to know a little about pregnant women. They are going through huge surges of hormones and all sorts of stuff. it makes them a little crazy. Here are a few tips to help you out.

Constantly ask her if she really needs to eat that much and gain so much weight.

Tell her that she better have a boy, but reassure her that if she does have a daughter you will raise her as if she was really wanted.

Tell hert car seats aren't really that important.



Seriously, though, the general experience is that the first few months are the worst, but any morning sickness should be gone after the first trimester, and by the final couple of months the moods will stabilize also.

Also some people dismiss post-partum depression, but it can be a serious condition. even if your wife has never had any history of depression she can suffer from it. after a baby is born the fathers attention is almost fully on the child. So you need to be sure and keep a close eye on your wife also.
Hahaha....thanks, fred. I planned on the whole "no car seat" thing. Mainly because I didn't use one. My mom would just keep some duct tape in the console, and when I got in, she would tape me to the seat. Car seats are completely unnecessary.

Really though, thank you all for the advice. All of it has been much appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 12-31-2012, 02:48 PM
Steeler Eater's Avatar
Steeler Eater Steeler Eater is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: I got this
Posts: 12,467
Rep Points: 18271
Default Re: I'm having my first child!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
Nope. I'm talking about this little gem of a video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7zOFB9Tovk

Although the Denny cage match was pretty hilarious as well.
Hello Ladies.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 12-31-2012, 02:49 PM
Johnny Cupcakes's Avatar
Johnny Cupcakes Johnny Cupcakes is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The District
Posts: 12,171
Rep Points: 22444
Default Re: I'm having my first child!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neek View Post
Congrats Mexico. Are you naming the child Chalupa Batman?
Nah. I want to name it Nick then cross my fingers that it has the same speech impediment that you do. I'll just have me another little man named neek.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 12-31-2012, 02:54 PM
Johnny Cupcakes's Avatar
Johnny Cupcakes Johnny Cupcakes is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The District
Posts: 12,171
Rep Points: 22444
Default Re: I'm having my first child!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
So how is your wife feeling now? Does she sleep more?
She won't let me touch her boobs. She sleeps constantly. She never really got any morning sickness or such. She keeps calling me from work asking me if I'll make her something when I get home.....Friday it was stuffed mushrooms....something I didn't even know she liked. At first I thought she was taking advantage of the whole pregnancy thing, and just wanting me to make her food. She scarfs that stuff down though....

I'm gonna be a high quality chef when this is over. Seriously....the internet has hooked me up with tons of recipes for all of these strange requests.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 12-31-2012, 03:26 PM
Steeler Eater's Avatar
Steeler Eater Steeler Eater is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: I got this
Posts: 12,467
Rep Points: 18271
Default Re: I'm having my first child!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
She won't let me touch her boobs. She sleeps constantly. She never really got any morning sickness or such. She keeps calling me from work asking me if I'll make her something when I get home.....Friday it was stuffed mushrooms....something I didn't even know she liked. At first I thought she was taking advantage of the whole pregnancy thing, and just wanting me to make her food. She scarfs that stuff down though....

I'm gonna be a high quality chef when this is over. Seriously....the internet has hooked me up with tons of recipes for all of these strange requests.
Worst for me was coming home after working 12 hours of manual labor at like 3 or 4 in the morning and having to go to UDF because I accidentally woke her up taking off my steel toes and she decided it was a good time for a f***ing sundae.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 12-31-2012, 03:55 PM
fredtoast's Avatar
fredtoast fredtoast is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Scenic East Tennessee
Posts: 47,699
Rep Points: 52263
Default Re: I'm having my first child!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyJon View Post
LOL

Also tell her that any surgery or trauma you have been through is far worse than child birth ever could be.
And here is another one "I wish your boobies were always this big."
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 12-31-2012, 04:00 PM
Johnny Cupcakes's Avatar
Johnny Cupcakes Johnny Cupcakes is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The District
Posts: 12,171
Rep Points: 22444
Default Re: I'm having my first child!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler Eater View Post
Worst for me was coming home after working 12 hours of manual labor at like 3 or 4 in the morning and having to go to UDF because I accidentally woke her up taking off my steel toes and she decided it was a good time for a f***ing sundae.
This is horrible. I'm crossing my fingers that this doesn't happen. If it does, I guess I'll just have to **** it up.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.