Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:05 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19732
Default Re: Screw history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabo614 View Post
TY for this oppertunity as yes i have indeed.

His name is marvin lewis. Kinda liked him at first but after 50,000 times of him not getting this team over the hump it started to really grate on my nerves because of the repetition of losing,,and to make that worse ive been called a troll,,,debby downer,,,negative nancy for posting my feelings on this.

I am upset and continue to voice my opinion because i look forward to watching bengal football every sunday,,i look forward to bragging right for my team cause they had a winning record and went far in the playoffs or God forbid actually won a SB, and im sick and tired of seeing the same s##t every year,,,we sit here and get all this great talent yet our ignorant *** HC cant seem to put it together,,,then our talent either gets old and loses the edge or gets pi##ed and wants a trade. So YES i AM sick of this repetition. So sick that even beating the texans is not going to fix it,,,i will enjoy finally seeing a playoff win since the last SB team however i will know in the back of my mind it wont last with marvin at the helm,,,there is not a snowballs chance in hell that man will lead this team to a SB victory without having all pros at damn near every position on both sides of the ball to make up for his ignorant in game decisions,,and if that ever happens not only will i jump for joy for a SB win,,i wont post on this blog EVER again.
We get it. Marvin is your psychotic obsession. Kinda sorta seems like you've made your point. Now, it's nothing more than trying to bring people down. Maybe that's what floats your boat. Really coming off as a nutjob and I say that as a realist, with nothing but objectivity.

Let me just make it simple. Enough is enough.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:06 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8468

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
Yep...but no guarantees for next year. We'll play a 2nd place schedule instead of 3rd and have a lot of key free agents. We could theoretically improve too if we use the cap space right.

Our SoS has been pretty weak the past 2 years.
Next year only "looks" easy but I'm sure the sos will only be higher at the end of the season than it will appear before the season whereas last year it appeared this season looked difficult when in the end of course it wasn't but even for this team, we're at least winning those games we're supposed to win now whereas before those were banana peels, especially on the road such as Tampa Bay in 2006 and Buffalo/San Francisco in 2007 but hard to argue with an 11-5 road record since Marvin Lewis did what he called "starting over" after his contract expired
Old 12-31-2012, 09:08 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 26714
bengals Re: Screw history

Quote:
First of all i was not attempting to say replace him in the middle of the season i think thats stupid.

Secondly ive wanted him gone since 08 and every year since then and he keeps getting resigned.

I have not liked Marv much myself, but like i said, bad time to be talking about changing your HC going into the Playoffs.

I like our chances as well. This team has tons of fight and will be dangerous no matter who we play.

Gotta give Marv some credit even if it is just a little bit if we win Saturday.

I have a lotta complaints about Marv but now is not the time.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:09 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 5905

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
You mean the only coach to ever win a division title without a single Pro Bowl player?

And that sir is a BS answer and YOU know it,,,we had pro bowl talent on that team,,,and we all know that the pro bowl is a popularity contest,,,for christ sake ray lewis would make the pro bowl even if he was 50 years old. How many years did big whit dominate the best pass rushers in the league and not one pro bowl. How bout that year that both leon and JJ were aruguably the best corner duo in the league and both deserved to go yet neither did. We still had chad who was a multiple pro bowler,,as well as a QB that had not only been to more than one pro bowl but was mvp of one. And we had a RB that was grinding his butt off that year behind a makeshift line. Oh lets not forget we had chris henry half the year before he broke his arm,,,and i dont care what anybody says that man should have been a starter, he was a straight up baller, and half the time sat the bench just cause marvin didnt like him. So dont sit here and act like there was no talent on that team Fred,,,we had a smashmouth run game,,and a damn good defense that year,,,with palmer,,chad,,and henry,,but according to you (in defense of marvin) we had no pro bowlers that year so it was all marvin that got us that division title.

Let me ask you fred,,,what will YOU do when/if we lose to the texans? Make more excuses for marv? Tell us how he only had a couple pro bowlers yet made the playoffs so now hes special?
Old 12-31-2012, 09:13 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
Yep. Marvin has succeeded under the same organizational structure here that other coachesfailed under. Now that he has Pto Bowl talent like other teams he wins.

Pure ignorance.

Hes had pro bowl talent the whole time hes been here and still has a losing record,,and no playoff wins. You all act as if this is the first team hes coached that had real talent.

Nevermind Chad johnson who led the afc in receiving 4 years in a row, something that jerry rice didnt even do,,,,nevermind TJ who led the league in catches 1 year and tied for first the next year,,,nevermind corey dillion,,,,rudi johnson,,and carson palmer,,,,nevermind leon and JJ,,,,or big willie,,,braham,,bobby,,steinbach,,and levi who were arguably the best line in football in 2005,,and chris henry,,pfffttt,,,who was he? He wanst no baller

Keep making excuses,,,you all are the ones who will be sitting there in front of the TV even madder than me because you expected too much from a team that cant deliver it and when i say that,,its no knock on the players, but on the coaches and the owners.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:14 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 51898

Quote:
Let me ask you fred,,,what will YOU do when/if we lose to the texans? Make more excuses for marv? Tell us how he only had a couple pro bowlers yet made the playoffs so now hes special?
Unlike you I will actually wait and see why we lose before telling everyone it was Marvin's fault.

If Marvin blows it I will say so, but if andy throws 6 picks I am not going to blame Marvin.

I know life is much simpler when a person just makes up his mind what the "truth" is and then never changes his position no matter what happens, but I just can't force myself to live in such a simple way. I just can't ignore facts that occur right in front of my face (like someon I know who claims that we never run on third and long, but only throw deep passes)
Old 12-31-2012, 09:17 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
We get it. Marvin is your psychotic obsession. Kinda sorta seems like you've made your point. Now, it's nothing more than trying to bring people down. Maybe that's what floats your boat. Really coming off as a nutjob and I say that as a realist, with nothing but objectivity.

Let me just make it simple. Enough is enough.

Then block me mr objectivity, i have just as much right to post my opinion on here as you do.

The nutjobs are people like you who think every year is the year and its the same ole in reality,,,whats that saying again,,,the defenition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results? Somehow every year you all think this man is going to lead us to the promised land which is exaclty why bengal rugby has the black jesus sig,,,its to point out how so many on here think marv is the savior,,,hes a failure as a coach,,,may have been a good DC,,but stinks at HC,,,who does that remind you of that we had long ago,,,heres a hint,,,his name would be bleeted out if i said it and hes with the squeelers now.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:19 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliminate08 View Post

I have not liked Marv much myself, but like i said, bad time to be talking about changing your HC going into the Playoffs.

I like our chances as well. This team has tons of fight and will be dangerous no matter who we play.

See ,,exactly,,,we will give him yet another extension. Oh he made it to the playoffs hes one of the best coaches in the league we better extend him,,,its a freaking joke.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:22 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
See ,,exactly,,,we will give him yet another extension. Oh he made it to the playoffs hes one of the best coaches in the league we better extend him,,,its a freaking joke.

Probably.

He is not one of the best coaches in the league, but like i said he can put a very good team together.

I don't like settling for mediocrity either but his record as of late has not been mediocre.

Win, that is all i care about. I don't care who the coach is if we win.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:27 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Unlike you I will actually wait and see why we lose before telling everyone it was Marvin's fault.

If Marvin blows it I will say so, but if andy throws 6 picks I am not going to blame Marvin.

I know life is much simpler when a person just makes up his mind what the "truth" is and then never changes his position no matter what happens, but I just can't force myself to live in such a simple way. I just can't ignore facts that occur right in front of my face (like someon I know who claims that we never run on third and long, but only throw deep passes)

No fred you will not,,,you will blame it on everything other than marvin.

Who made the decision to go for it on 4th and 22 when we had the lead in a game that could have costed us a playoff berth fred???

Who faked a FG when up by 7 and failed thus costing us a 2 score lead fred? Who blew all our TOs yesterday before the 4th quarter even started fred? Who didnt have these boys ready to play in the 3 games we should have hands down won this year which would have gave us the division fred?

You know what forget all that,,i want to know one thing from you,,and all i want is a yes or no asnwer,,since you seem to not want to answer my hypothetical question portraying you as owner and me as coach,,,,do you think it was smart or dumb for marvin to go for it on 4th and 22 in that steeler game while having the lead and the playoffs on the line yes or no? And dont say it wasnt him as he admitted it in the lockeroom after the game.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:30 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:

Probably.

He is not one of the best coaches in the league, but like i said he can put a very good team together.

I don't like settling for mediocrity either but his record as of late has not been mediocre.

Win, that is all i care about. I don't care who the coach is if we win.

I agree,,,but barely getting over .500 and getting another wildcard with his track record does not make me positive,,,if he started winning the majority of years and winning playoffs games most of the time he went i could care less at that point, id be happy.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:32 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
No fred you will not,,,you will blame it on everything other than marvin.

Who made the decision to go for it on 4th and 22 when we had the lead in a game that could have costed us a playoff berth fred???

Who faked a FG when up by 7 and failed thus costing us a 2 score lead fred? Who blew all our TOs yesterday before the 4th quarter even started fred? .
Marvin made all those decisions and we won all those games.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:33 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Marvin made all those decisions and we won all those games.

quit being a chicken s##t and answer the question.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:33 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
I agree,,,but barely getting over .500 and getting another wildcard with his track record does not make me positive,,,if he started winning the majority of years and winning playoffs games most of the time he went i could care less at that point, id be happy.

Could happen, so don't go jump off a bridge bro.

I think it is a great time to be a Bengals fan, enjoy it and lower your blood pressure at the same time.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:34 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19732

Quote:
Then block me mr objectivity, i have just as much right to post my opinion on here as you do.

The nutjobs are people like you who think every year is the year and its the same ole in reality,,,whats that saying again,,,the defenition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results? Somehow every year you all think this man is going to lead us to the promised land which is exaclty why bengal rugby has the black jesus sig,,,its to point out how so many on here think marv is the savior,,,hes a failure as a coach,,,may have been a good DC,,but stinks at HC,,,who does that remind you of that we had long ago,,,heres a hint,,,his name would be bleeted out if i said it and hes with the squeelers now.
Fine. You win. We should all feel like ****. I haven't said a word about Marvin. All I've said is you're sounding like a small crying child playing a broken record. And, objectively speaking, you continue to pile on yourself. You do have the right to voice your opinion. Over and over and over and over. Rock on, you madman you.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:36 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
Fine. You win. We should all feel like ****. I haven't said a word about Marvin. All I've said is you're sounding like a small crying child playing a broken record. And, objectively speaking, you continue to pile on yourself. You do have the right to voice your opinion. Over and over and over and over. Rock on, you madman you.

TY, i most certainly will.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:39 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
You know what forget all that,,i want to know one thing from you,,and all i want is a yes or no asnwer,,since you seem to not want to answer my hypothetical question portraying you as owner and me as coach,,,,do you think it was smart or dumb for marvin to go for it on 4th and 22 in that steeler game while having the lead and the playoffs on the line yes or no? And dont say it wasnt him as he admitted it in the lockeroom after the game.
I didn't agree with it.

I also didn't agree with Beklichik going for it on fourth down at his own 25 yard line against the Colts a few years ago.

But it takes huge balls to make calls like that. More than I have. And maybe that is why I am not an NFL head coach.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:39 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3192

Quote:
TY, i most certainly will.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm1osmEK3f8
Old 12-31-2012, 09:40 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
I didn't agree with it.

I also didn't agree with Beklichik going for it on fourth down at his own 25 yard line against the Colts a few years ago.

But it takes huge balls to make calls like that. More than I have. And maybe that is why I am not an NFL head coach.
That play to A.j was inches from being the sickest call ever. Sometimes they don't work out. I for one am stoked that Marvin is taking chances.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:46 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
I didn't agree with it.

I didnt agree with bellichicks call either,,,however when you have the best offense in the league i can see why you would have the balls to do that,,but i still think it was a dumb decision,,,and crap like that can cost your team the game,,,matter of fact didnt the pats lose that game?

Part of my point Fred is we all have complained how marv is scared to play to win and wont do anything gutsy,,,for some reason this year hes decided to come out of his shell a bit,,,im glad for that,,,but unfortunately he picks the wrong time and place to do so everytime. That fake FG earlier this year was totally uncalled for and could have cost us the game, there was no reason to attempt it,,,just like no reason to attempt the 4th and 22,,,you dont go for it on 4th and long unless its the end of the game and your down and feel that you wont get the ball back end of story. Even bill cowher got on him about it after the game.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:48 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac18 View Post
That play to A.j was inches from being the sickest call ever. Sometimes they don't work out. I for one am stoked that Marvin is taking chances.

See what i mean Fred? This guy thinks it wasnt a bad call and had it worked he thinks would have been the "sickest call ever" Even had we converted i would have been screaming at the TV about how stupid that was to take that chance because the chances of converting a 4th and 22 are about as high as you getting hit by lightning.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:56 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
See what i mean Fred? This guy thinks it wasnt a bad call and had it worked he thinks would have been the "sickest call ever" Even had we converted i would have been screaming at the TV about how stupid that was to take that chance because the chances of converting a 4th and 22 are about as high as you getting hit by lightning.
Yeah but A.j increases those chances a bunch.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:21 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac18 View Post
Yeah but A.j increases those chances a bunch.

I dont care if you have randy moss,,,TO,,,and jerry rice all in their primes you dont make a call like that in that situation period. This isnt madden on the ps3.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:26 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
I dont care if you have randy moss,,,TO,,,and jerry rice all in their primes you dont make a call like that in that situation period. This isnt madden on the ps3.
Actually if i had all three in there prime i would never punt.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:34 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 29903

Quote:

Exactly. Marv hasn't done a good job up to this point, but if he wins a superbowl this year, or even wins a couple playoff games, the past won't matter. If we go one and done, I'll be on here questioning Marv. Now is not the time though.