Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:14 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13690
Default Re: PFF, the Final

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
1. Cook *****. The coaches are being loyal to this guy and it's killing our offense. Our run game didn't kick into high gear until Robinson came in, and it disappeared as soon as Cook started getting PT. Plus we're suddenly giving up tons of sacks.

2. Is it just me, or has Gresh been in our bottom 5 every week? Is he really that bad of a blocker?

3. I've never seen a player fall off faster than Nate Clements. He looks slooooow and tired this year. Shouldn't be on an NFL roster. Why didn't anyone see this? Don't we have anyone that can evaluate talent?
1. I thought the same about Nasty Nate. At least they finally walked away. I am hoping for more of the same with Cook. It will not be popular, but I think we need 1 more interior guy in the 1st 3 rounds next draft.

3. Long in the tooth. Based on his salary, I doubt he is back next year; especially if we draft a Safety early. I would rather see a cheap Crocker (relative to Clements) filling the role of veteran depth.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:37 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1038

Unfortunately , PFF validated what I saw on film - Cook was absolutely dreadful again. He worries me more than anything else right now. We simply will not be able to run the ball well unless he improves.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:43 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 6027

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck_1_0_1_ View Post
So-so game to watch yesterday, but it wasn't a bad game by any stretch.

Some guys did better than others, but it was a good team effort yet again.

Top 5 on O:

1. 'dre with a +1.8. Another good game from 'dre, though run blocking was poor, was perfect in the pass game.

2. Whitworth with a +1.5. Also perfect, and neutral in the run game... but he played 20 less snaps than 'dre. He really deserves a pro bowl...

3. Andy with a +1.4. A highly efficient, albeit short game by Andy. Lets hope he continues the momentum from the past 2 games into the playoffs (maybe he studied extra hard the past 2 weeks?).

4. AJ with a +1.0. 2 big catches. Not much else to say lol.

5. Marvin Jones with a +0.9. Another solid game. If he can do this for a whole season, he'll have better than 'rome numbers.

Top 5 on D:

1. Geno with a +5.3. 3 hurries, and all 3 of his tackled were stops. Beast.

2. Burfict with a +2.3. A good game for the rookie, but he didn't have 18 tackles; had 15 (still a GREAT number). Had 4 MTs.

3. Adam Jones with a +2.3. Great coverage, and both tackles were stops. Has been the best third corner in the game by far, and that's a fact.

4. Leon with a +1.6. Also great coverage. Would be amazing if he could get the PB, but third alternate is down the line too much...

5. Taylor Mays with a +1.4. Wow did he play well. If Crocker is done for the year, Mays is the man.

Bottom 5 on O:

Cook (for poor pass and run blocking)
Brucey (no explanation needed)
Conner (terrible run blocking, and should've been credited with a drop; Pressley is a better option, period)
Gresh (ugh)
Robinson (got manhandled in the pass game; he can't handle the big guys)

Bottom 5 on D:

Clements (he *****)
Crocker (had a poor game in every facet, and missed a tackle)
Lawson (negative in everything)
Rey (for poor run game, and little poor coverage)
Geathers (Missed tackle. Did nothing)

All 5 guys though weren't that bad; they were just the worst players.

Brown was highly positive, Huber was positive.

Jesus,,,are you people employees of m brown??????????

We looked like total s##t against 2-3rd string players, and didnt even blow the game open till halfway through the 4th cause one of our better defenders got a pick six (against bench warmers) But it wasnt a bad game?? Offense looked absolutely terrible,,and defense wasnt great (esecially against bench warmers) but we didnt play a bad game though. Seriously do you work for M Browns marketing team?
Old 12-31-2012, 08:43 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 10396

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeTigre View Post
Unfortunately , PFF validated what I saw on film - Cook was absolutely dreadful again. He worries me more than anything else right now. We simply will not be able to run the ball well unless he improves.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:49 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20770

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabo614 View Post

We looked like total s##t against 2-3rd string players, and didnt even blow the game open till halfway through the 4th cause one of our better defenders got a pick six (against bench warmers) But it wasnt a bad game?? Offense looked absolutely terrible,,and defense wasnt great (esecially against bench warmers) but we didnt play a bad game though. Seriously do you work for M Browns marketing team?
Now you're just coming off like a street corner lunatic you see in the downtown area of every big city, screaming his head off to a bunch of people with no real interest in hearing it.

I'm gonna call you "The Other Side." No matter what anyone says, you're the other side. Have you no concept of celebration? Whoever ****** you ff, you need to go settle it with them and stop jumping all over people who've deserved something to celebrate for a long time.

Speaking strictly for myself, you frigging act is played out and a half.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:52 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsRocker View Post
It may be that time. For real. He has been an absolute liability.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:55 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:

When you pull starters and have abnormal rotations with tons of backups playing - usually you don't play that well. Also, we didn't scheme significantly in the game. Even Marvin admitted they had absolutely no plan in place to deal with Tyrod Taylor. Players know when nothing is on the line. That's human nature to ease off the trigger.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:05 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 26816
bengals Re: PFF, the Final

Quote:

Honestly, i forgot about Tyrod Taylor until he got in and i was like holy ****!!!

Guy was great in college and reminds me of a smarter Michael Vick.

Hardly scrub backups and that guy would give any Defense problems, more than Flacco for our Defense IMHO.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:20 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4233

Quote:

Hmm. I wonder if you realize Gradkowski played yesterday. BJGE did not. Dalton and AJ were benched after halftime. And we tried to get as many guys as possible who haven't had significant playing time some snaps but we were obviously limited with a 46 man roster.

But arrgh stinky butt Mike Brown having a team in the playoffs for the 3rd time in 4 years.. Rawwwrr!!!
Old 12-31-2012, 09:24 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATI BENGALS View Post
Hmm. I wonder if you realize Gradkowski played yesterday. BJGE did not. Dalton and AJ were benched after halftime. And we tried to get as many guys as possible who haven't had significant playing time some snaps but we were obviously limited with a 46 man roster.

But arrgh stinky butt Mike Brown having a team in the playoffs for the 3rd time in 4 years.. Rawwwrr!!!

Won 7 of the last 8 as well.

Can't believe Dabo is so pizzed off right now.

I am enjoying myself personally and think we have a really good shot at beating the Texans Saturday.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:28 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliminate08 View Post

Honestly, i forgot about Tyrod Taylor until he got in and i was like holy ****!!!

Hardly scrub backups and that guy would give any Defense problems, more than Flacco for our Defense IMHO.
I just hope the Ratbirds don't send Flaccid on his way and go with Taylor. I think he's better than Flaccid, hands down. Big Joe(what he calls himself) would have gotten mauled yesterday.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:30 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4233

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
I just hope the Ratbirds don't send Flaccid on his way and go with Taylor. I think he's better than Flaccid, hands down. Big Joe(what he calls himself) would have gotten mauled yesterday.
I'd be pretty mad if they tagged old Flacco and hauled in a bunch of quality picks for him in a trade (due to horrible QB draft class) and ended up reloading in a big way and rolling with Tyrod.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:31 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:

Completely agree as usual McC.

Taylor is damn good, always has been.

Flacco is the type of QB our Defense likes to go against.

He played the game of his life week 1, that is not going to happen against us again IMHO.

I think we will start to own the Ravens again next year as long as Flacco is the QB.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:33 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2109

Quote:
The bengals defense dropped like 3 easy picks in the 2nd half. The only one we did intercept was the toughest one to make. Yes Taylor can make some plays with his legs but he is not a good quarterback
Old 12-31-2012, 09:39 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengals85 View Post
The bengals defense dropped like 3 easy picks in the 2nd half. The only one we did intercept was the toughest one to make. Yes Taylor can make some plays with his legs but he is not a good quarterback
He's always been good. And he will continue to be.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:56 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
1. Cook *****. The coaches are being loyal to this guy and it's killing our offense. Our run game didn't kick into high gear until Robinson came in, and it disappeared as soon as Cook started getting PT. Plus we're suddenly giving up tons of sacks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeTigre View Post
You do realize that PFF said that Robinson was significantly worse than Cook yesterday right?

And if you watched the game, which I'm sure you did, you should have realized the same.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:59 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 536

I'm sure not on the Rey M. bandwagon by no means. But I've got three questions. On the play Rey wiffed and didn't plant Taylor, wasn't Taylor in, bounds? From where I was sitting he was. He made a move, Rey didn't nail him, and down the sideline he went. So here's my #2. Taylor is in bounds running down the sideline tell me how we would be flagged for knocking him out of bounds? Isn't this football? I saw 4 or 5 plays where a player from both teams was out of bounds and hit. No flag. This taking up for Rey needs to stop. He blew the play and there should have been no way he would have been flagged.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:08 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexal View Post
You do realize that PFF said that Robinson was significantly worse than Cook yesterday right?

And if you watched the game, which I'm sure you did, you should have realized the same.
I don't follow Robinson too closely anymore because he just isn't good enough to be a starter in the NFL at this point. If Robinson were starting, I'd be very upset.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:08 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 10396

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexal View Post

Yes and I'm sure the bad snap that lead to a sack didn't help either. It probably tanked his PFF stats on one play alone.

Cook isn't the only problem on the O-line... but he sure isn't showing he's any better than Robinson over the last couple of games. They both are probably more suited for a backup role anyway.

I just want to know why Robinson was dropped down on the depth chart when it wasn't called for?

Old 12-31-2012, 10:09 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2126

Quote:
Crazy talk Taylor is good running but can not throw the ball. He was a below average college QB throwing the ball and nothing has changed. I could only wish they'd let Flacco go for Taylor but we aren't that lucky.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Now you're just coming off like a street corner lunatic you see in the downtown area of every big city, screaming his head off to a bunch of people with no real interest in hearing it.

I'm gonna call you "The Other Side." No matter what anyone says, you're the other side. Have you no concept of celebration? Whoever ****** you ff, you need to go settle it with them and stop jumping all over people who've deserved something to celebrate for a long time.

Speaking strictly for myself, you frigging act is played out and a half.

Do i look like i give a rats arse what you think?

Gee golly little guy im sorry to ruin your fantasy day because i think somebody is crazy for claiming we didnt play a bad game against the ravens bench warmers.

We looked like crap against scrubs,,,thats nothing to celebrate or were you not on the gameday board yesterday? EVERYBODY on there was complaining almost the entire game.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:14 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsRocker View Post
I just want to know why Robinson was dropped down on the depth chart when it wasn't called for?
Cook was the starter. He had earned that through practice/games over the past few years. You don't generally lose your job due to injury. Plus he had experience against Pittsburgh/Baltimore and the coaching staff would much rather trust a veteran than an undrafted free agent who has never gone through the pressure of these types of games, no matter how average he was playing.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliminate08 View Post

Hes a backup for a reason,,,God you people have every excuse in the book.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATI BENGALS View Post

We benched our starting QB and WR AFTER halftime,,yet what was the score at that point? Baltimore had already benched most of their starters after a couple series.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:24 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3217

Quote:

Are you serious we threw the ball to A.j like twice. We weren't trying to get anyone hurt. ANYBODY could see that. Basically it was a game to get marvin jones going. My child could have told you that.