Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:15 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25199
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

I have thoroughly enjoyed watching Wingnut own this thread over the last week or so. I check it every night, to see the new exchanges. That's rare intelligence. Kudos, dude.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:50 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2855

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
I have thoroughly enjoyed watching Wingnut own this thread over the last week or so. I check it every night, to see the new exchanges. That's rare intelligence. Kudos, dude.
I don't think twisting around what people say is owning something. Especially when you apparently "know" so much. Like "knowing" what people he's never met and knows nothing about need or are capable of.
If you need an example look at how big me saying a lot of women don't like shooting shotguns got blown out of proportion. They act like I said NO women could shoot any guns.

And quite a few are for a Assault weapons ban but OWN shotguns and other guns. Apparently they have never read the bill that is getting introduced January 3rd.
IFYou are approved by the ATF and allowed to keep your shotgun, You will have to pay $200 tax A YEAR to have it. And can you imagine how much ammo would be?
And I bet they didn't know the person who is introducing the bill Dianne Feinstein has a CCW permit and has 5 body guards with the very rifles she demonizes.
She wants to ban ALL guns
http://youtu.be/Mj4AcjyuV38
Old 01-01-2013, 01:26 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1860

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post

When a quote has been "tweaked" or changed it is no longer a quote by definition.
A simple google search will show you that the phrase in question has been said numerous ways and applying to different topics.

Perhaps you have seen these (or will see when you use that cool internet tool called Google):

"Debating Republicans is like playing chess with a pigeon. You could be the worlds best chess player, but the pigeon is still going to knock over all the pieces, crap on the board and walk around triumphantly."

"Arguing with liberals is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock out the pieces, crap on the board, and strut around like it is victorious."

"Arguing with Bill O'reilly........."

"Arguing with idiots...."

Etc...
to preach to the Gentiles
the unfathomable riches of Christ" (Ephesians 3:8)

Last edited by WhoDeyJon; 01-01-2013 at 03:15 AM.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:33 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
I have thoroughly enjoyed watching WhoDeyJon own this thread over the last week or so. I check it every night, to see the new exchanges. That's rare intelligence. Kudos, dude.
Fixed it for you.

Old 01-01-2013, 02:51 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICKYSHUFFLE View Post
I don't think twisting around what people say is owning something. Especially when you apparently "know" so much. Like "knowing" what people he's never met and knows nothing about need or are capable of.
If you need an example look at how big me saying a lot of women don't like shooting shotguns got blown out of proportion. They act like I said NO women could shoot any guns.

And quite a few are for a Assault weapons ban but OWN shotguns and other guns. Apparently they have never read the bill that is getting introduced January 3rd.
IFYou are approved by the ATF and allowed to keep your shotgun, You will have to pay $200 tax A YEAR to have it. And can you imagine how much ammo would be?
And I bet they didn't know the person who is introducing the bill Dianne Feinstein has a CCW permit and has 5 body guards with the very rifles she demonizes.
Just read this article. This is getting ridiculous.

http://glossynews.com/top-stories/po...is-full-of-it/

Old 01-01-2013, 03:12 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25199

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyJon View Post
Fixed it for you.
If that makes you feel better, then fix whatever you'd like. But remember:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
When a quote has been "tweaked" or changed it is no longer a quote by definition.
I'd rather not get into this whole topic myself, as I don't want people freaking out over my opinions on it. That doesn't change the fact that I think a different person has come in and shredded this thread repeatedly. Now....carry on.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:36 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:

I think a different person has come in and shredded this thread repeatedly.

Kudos to him for winning your approval.

I'll try harder to be pompous and ignore facts so you'll like me too!!

Last edited by WhoDeyJon; 01-01-2013 at 03:52 AM.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:45 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 36600

Quote:

Quote:
Just read this article. This is getting ridiculous.

http://glossynews.com/top-stories/po...is-full-of-it/
After reading Jon's article on it, this won't affect me at all. I won't have to register anything or pay any fees for my firearms, and I have quite a few.

Edit: Confirmed. After reading direct information on the proposed legislation, my nearly 20 firearms are completely safe from this legislation and will require no registration or anything.

Last edited by RhythmicGeek; 01-01-2013 at 07:48 AM.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:51 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmicGeek View Post
After reading Jon's article on it, this won't affect me at all. I won't have to register anything or pay any fees for my firearms, and I have quite a few.

Edit: Confirmed. After reading direct information on the proposed legislation, my nearly 20 firearms are completely safe from this legislation and will require no registration or anything.
That's nice.

It's still going to affect a huge portion of the population.

These are the ones that I find are just flat out ignorant:

1) "and any semi-automatic handgun that has a threaded barrel."

2) Requires owners of existing “assault weapons” to register them with the federal government under the National Firearms Act (NFA). The NFA imposes a $200 tax per firearm, and requires an owner to submit photographs and fingerprints to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE), to inform the BATFE of the address where the firearm will be kept, and to obtain the BATFE’s permission to transport the firearm across state lines.

3) Prohibits the transfer of “assault weapons.” Owners of other firearms, including those covered by the NFA, are permitted to sell them or pass them to heirs. However, under Feinstein’s new bill, “assault weapons” would remain with their current owners until their deaths, at which point they would be forfeited to the government.

4) Prohibits the domestic manufacture and the importation of magazines that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition. The 1994 ban allowed the importation of such magazines that were manufactured before the ban took effect. Whereas the 1994 ban protected gun owners from errant prosecution by making the government prove when a magazine was made, the new ban includes no such protection. The new ban also requires firearm dealers to certify the date of manufacture of any >10-round magazine sold, a virtually impossible task, given that virtually no magazines are stamped with their date of manufacture.

And I have always loved this little nugget, " Sen. Feinstein advocated banning handguns before being elected to the Senate, though she carried a handgun for her own personal protection." Do as she says, not as she does.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:31 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
That's nice.

2) Requires owners of existing “assault weapons” to register them with the federal government under the National Firearms Act (NFA). The NFA imposes a $200 tax per firearm, and requires an owner to submit photographs and fingerprints to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE), to inform the BATFE of the address where the firearm will be kept, and to obtain the BATFE’s permission to transport the firearm across state lines.

3) Prohibits the transfer of “assault weapons.” Owners of other firearms, including those covered by the NFA, are permitted to sell them or pass them to heirs. However, under Feinstein’s new bill, “assault weapons” would remain with their current owners until their deaths, at which point they would be forfeited to the government.

4) Prohibits the domestic manufacture and the importation of magazines that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition. The 1994 ban allowed the importation of such magazines that were manufactured before the ban took effect. Whereas the 1994 ban protected gun owners from errant prosecution by making the government prove when a magazine was made, the new ban includes no such protection. The new ban also requires firearm dealers to certify the date of manufacture of any >10-round magazine sold, a virtually impossible task, given that virtually no magazines are stamped with their date of manufacture.

And I have always loved this little nugget, " Sen. Feinstein advocated banning handguns before being elected to the Senate, though she carried a handgun for her own personal protection." Do as she says, not as she does.
Like Mao says, Power comes from the barrel of a gun.
Shes coming after YOU Mr. and Ms. AMERICA!!!!!

Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it.-George Santayana
http://youtu.be/1pKasF6l3y0
I suggest that people watch ALL of this video and see what happens governments want to take weapons away from the people.
If you have never heard of Democide, you should look into it.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:20 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
That's nice.

I understand if you disagree with the stuff, but just curious why you think handguns with threaded barrels should be in the hands of civilians.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:21 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Like Mao says, Power comes from the barrel of a gun.
Shes coming after YOU Mr. and Ms. AMERICA!!!!!

Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it.-George Santayana
http://youtu.be/1pKasF6l3y0
I suggest that people watch ALL of this video and see what happens governments want to take weapons away from the people.
If you have never heard of Democide, you should look into it.
And even with Feinstein's legislation, we will still have firearms.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:34 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 14558

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Anyways, Adderral's not even a drug
-----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
I still don't think we are evolved from primates. I don't think we are even remotely related.
Quote:
We aren't evolved from primates, we are primates.
--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
I can guarentee you there is not a dude on the earth that is as passionate about his male lover as I am my relgion.

Old 01-01-2013, 05:21 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensLover69 View Post
I might understand this if I knew who that is.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:40 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 14558

Quote:
I might understand this if I knew who that is.
Janet Napolitano. Sec of Homeland Security.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Anyways, Adderral's not even a drug
-----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
I still don't think we are evolved from primates. I don't think we are even remotely related.
Quote:
We aren't evolved from primates, we are primates.
--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
I can guarentee you there is not a dude on the earth that is as passionate about his male lover as I am my relgion.

Old 01-01-2013, 05:44 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensLover69 View Post
Janet Napolitano. Sec of Homeland Security.
Ah. I had never seen a picture of her.

Eh, nearly half of my firearms are competition model .22 LR weapons.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:00 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
I understand if you disagree with the stuff, but just curious why you think handguns with threaded barrels should be in the hands of civilians.
I have a .22 lr pistol with a threaded barrel and a 12 round mag.

See the problem here?

I didn't buy it for the threaded barrel, but it is on there. So now this little semi-auto pistol is banned. Please. That's dumb.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:40 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
And even with Feinstein's legislation, we will still have firearms.
I'm guessing you didn't watch the first video link I posted.
Once she gets this through, what other restrictions do you think will be coming soon after?
She says she would have taken ALL GUNS with the original AWB but didn't have enough votes. And with Obama already saying he was going to push gun legislation even if it was going to be by executive order he is going to push in what he wants.
Quote:
Ah. I had never seen a picture of her.

Eh, nearly half of my firearms are competition model .22 LR weapons.
Those don't happen to take detachable magazines over 10 rounds?
If so prepare to have to hand them over or, if you're lucky and pass ALL their checks you may just be able to keep them for $200 dollars A YEAR PER GUN.

Also, if you do get to keep your gun(s), ammo will be EXPENSIVE and hard to get.
You didn't think they wouldn't put restrictions on ammo sales once they get this through?
They will say, "There aren't many guns anymore and they don't hold many rounds so why should there be a bunch of ammo?"
Old 01-01-2013, 08:41 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:

See the problem here?

I didn't buy it for the threaded barrel, but it is on there. So now this little semi-auto pistol is banned. Please. That's dumb.
But most of his guns are .22 competit.....errrrr......
Old 01-01-2013, 08:49 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
I assume you don't think civilians should have these guns because they could fit a suppressor/silencer to it?
Aren't you aware that to even be allowed to purchase a suppressor they have to go through the same checks as if they were buying a select fire gun?
Old 01-01-2013, 08:51 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:

See the problem here?

Why is it dumb? What is a threaded barrel for? To attach a suppressor. What is the point of a suppressor? To muffle/disguise the sound of a gunshot. The favored caliber for up close assassination style killings? .22 LR

Quote:
I'm guessing you didn't watch the first video link I posted.
Once she gets this through, what other restrictions do you think will be coming soon after?
She says she would have taken ALL GUNS with the original AWB but didn't have enough votes. And with Obama already saying he was going to push gun legislation even if it was going to be by executive order he is going to push in what he wants.
And when did Obama say he was for taking all guns? Do you honestly think Feinstein would have enough votes to ban all guns now?

Nothing but slippery slope and fear mongering.

Quote:
Those don't happen to take detachable magazines over 10 rounds?
If so prepare to have to hand them over or, if you're lucky and pass ALL their checks you may just be able to keep them for $200 dollars A YEAR PER GUN.
Nope. Not a single one has a magazine over 10 rounds. Most are 5. I tend to use them single shot anyway.

Quote:
Also, if you do get to keep your gun(s), ammo will be EXPENSIVE and hard to get.
You didn't think they wouldn't put restrictions on ammo sales once they get this through?
They will say, "There aren't many guns anymore and they don't hold many rounds so why should there be a bunch of ammo?"
And more slippery slope/fear mongering.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:52 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
I assume you don't think civilians should have these guns because they could fit a suppressor/silencer to it?
Aren't you aware that to even be allowed to purchase a suppressor they have to go through the same checks as if they were buying a select fire gun?
Yep, sure am aware. Are you aware how easy it is to make a suppressor?
Old 01-01-2013, 09:29 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Yep, sure am aware. Are you aware how easy it is to make a suppressor?
From what I looked up quickly on 22lr suppressors it looks like you would have to be pretty handy to make some designs and even need a lathe for others.
Also could you tell me of the rash of people making these and using them for violence/crime that justifies your reasoning?
Old 01-01-2013, 09:40 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Why is it dumb? What is a threaded barrel for? To attach a suppressor. What is the point of a suppressor? To muffle/disguise the sound of a gunshot. The favored caliber for up close assassination style killings? .22 LR

And when did Obama say he was for taking all guns? Do you honestly think Feinstein would have enough votes to ban all guns now?

Nothing but slippery slope and fear mongering.

Nope. Not a single one has a magazine over 10 rounds. Most are 5. I tend to use them single shot anyway.

And more slippery slope/fear mongering.
I think you should re read what I said about Obama.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:10 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 700

They should do yearly evaluations to see if anything gets flagged with a gun owner that would deem a gun being removed.

Those with mental health needs need to be helped more, and a gun shouldnt be allowed in a home with someone with mental health issues