Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:29 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1715
Default Were too hard as fans on this team

Their are no Dan Coates Kelly Jennings Brad Stlouis or Caldwells on this roster. 1 to 53 This may be the most complete team the Bengals have ever had. Whether its good enough to win Superbowl I dont know. We achieved back to back playoffs first time in over 30 years. Were bashing players like Rey and Marvin and Tate. We just need to appreciate as fans what we have for a change and quit being mad at anything that goes wrong. Win or lose Saturday and beyond regardless of how this team plays from this point forward. I will consider this season a success. Winning against steelers in their building is quite the accomplishment for this franchise.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:42 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 21047
Default Re: Were too hard as fans on this team

No offense, bro, but

Every team has weak links.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:46 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10424

I hated Caldwell with a passion....

He is better than Tate.

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 01-01-2013, 02:09 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2746

Yep. We're too hard on this team. One and done in the playoffs is perfectly acceptable for any NFL franchise.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:17 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 740

Unless you have a perfect team that wins every game, there will always be things to complain about. We have a solid team, no doubt, but they can certainly improve the roster from where they sit now.

Also, the better the players, the more nitpicking. Most of us probably see that in our daily lives, too. If I go months without making any mistakes at work, and then do something small, I'll hear it more than the guy who makes mistakes weekly. They expect more from me.

Point being, there will always be griping. It's part of the deal.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:22 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 385

Ok...here it is...I am thrilled with this Bengals team!

I have a funny feeling they will put up over 40 points at Houston. Let's see how it all plays out! (and I should add that they're only going to allow 10 pts or less)
Old 01-01-2013, 02:33 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19862

Quote:
Originally Posted by joliecat View Post

I have a funny feeling they will put up over 40 points at Houston. Let's see how it all plays out! (and I should add that they're only going to allow 10 pts or less)
Are we allowed to say "*****" on here? Cause if so, that's what this sentence gives me.

Old 01-01-2013, 02:58 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2380

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abspara View Post
Yep. We're too hard on this team. One and done in the playoffs is perfectly acceptable for any NFL franchise.
Lowered expectations ... how sad.

You think one and done is acceptable in Pittsburgh, Baltimore, New England, or a number of other perennial Super Bowl contenders? No.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:59 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2380

Quote:
Originally Posted by joliecat View Post

If the defense scores 28 of that 40, you may be right.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:11 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7626

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utts View Post

You think one and done is acceptable in Pittsburgh, Baltimore, New England, or a number of other perennial Super Bowl contenders? No.
Someone doesn't understand sarcasm.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 01-01-2013, 03:30 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 700

This team will always break your heart, just like they will on Saturday when they lose to the Texans
Old 01-01-2013, 05:11 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18650

Quote:

Blah, blah, blah, blah.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:12 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
If the defense scores 28 of that 40, you may be right.
Now you're just being a richard. Whiny l'il *****.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:01 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 5905

Quote:

no no no,,,what he was saying is beating the steelers in the regular season is how he measures success nothing else matters.

While i act like a wildperson and scream at the tv in joy watching us (rarely) beat the steelers, i would rather them and the ratbirds beat us 4-0 in the division and go deep in the playoffs.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:05 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 5905

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
Now you're just being a richard. Whiny l'il *****.

Man you love namecalling dont you? What are you 17? You guys are too easy to get riled up,,all someone has to do is say they dislike a player or coach on this team and you guys come out at night like roaches.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:02 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabo614 View Post
Man you love namecalling dont you? What are you 17? You guys are too easy to get riled up,,all someone has to do is say they dislike a player or coach on this team and you guys come out at night like roaches.
Says King Richard himself. Your whiny act is way past old. Sue me. I hate whiners and you remind me of a 12 year old girl. Riling people up seems like all you got. You make no interesting points. You have nothing to say that hasn't been said a million times. You're just a one note complainer and one note complainers get old in a big hurry.

Your act is comical in small doses because you're so utterly clueless but it wears thin in a big hurry. You focus only on the negative. You ***** about homers but all you are is the slimy underside of that coin--at least as irritating and completely obnoxious. You wanna conduct yourself that way, fine. But don't be so outraged when people get sick of hearing it.

You like to think you're speaking the truth but you're only speaking one side of it, so the best you've got is half the truth.

Everybody here knows the score, the deficiencies, the shortcomings. But a few simple minded people, like yourself, fixate on it.

There have been so many great things that have happened this year--UDFA's and guys off the street stepping up big time, righting a sinking ship, winning in spite of the deficiencies, knocking the Steelers out of the playoffs in a miracle finish. Andy and AJ two for two in the playoffs, watching Geno on a weekly basis, finding ways to win games they probably shouldn't. 7-1 the second half of the season, winning our way into the playoffs instead f backing in.

All this great stuff and all you wanna talk about is what's wrong. Someday maybe you'll grow up and realize there are two sides to every story and how you look at things is a choice.

Bengal fans have been through so much bad ****. Who the hell are you to so vehemently deny us a few minutes of celebration? Get a clue, please. Life is short. Too short to be buried in complaint.

Nobody knows what'll happen the rest of the way. Don't really see the harm in enjoying the moment right now. Can't understand for the life of me why you're so opposed to that.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:07 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 143

Quote:
Says the person with the 'poop' signature Haha I'm just poking fun here, not trying to really get involved.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:08 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan4life27c View Post
Their are no Dan Coates Kelly Jennings Brad Stlouis or Caldwells on this roster. 1 to 53 This may be the most complete team the Bengals have ever had. Whether its good enough to win Superbowl I dont know. We achieved back to back playoffs first time in over 30 years. Were bashing players like Rey and Marvin and Tate. We just need to appreciate as fans what we have for a change and quit being mad at anything that goes wrong. Win or lose Saturday and beyond regardless of how this team plays from this point forward. I will consider this season a success. Winning against steelers in their building is quite the accomplishment for this franchise.
Seems like some people let their anger at the franchise carry over into how they look at this team.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:11 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8404

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalbobZilla View Post
This team will always break your heart, just like they will on Saturday when they lose to the Texans
But if the Bengals win, then you would disappear, right?

Bad coaching can neutralize even the most talented of athletes.

"I don't care if it's a passing league or not. Since the beginning of time when playoffs started championship teams are built on running the ball and stopping the run. Thatís the recipe since football started. We have to be a better team in those situations. Attacking them where we know we can beat them at."
--- Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis
Old 01-03-2013, 01:32 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 795

As a Cincinnati Bengal fans that has expended a bit of money to see the squad play (the 2009 loss at Mall of America Field and the 2012 opening week loss at M &T Bank Stadium), being "hard" on the Cincinnati Bengals is almost now expected in my eyes.

But to say the Cincinnati Bengals will end the consectutive road playoff loss streak with the mere asertion that the "Cincinnati Bengals will win in Houston this Saturday" almost reduces the game to a verbal "So it it said, so it will be done".

The Cincinnati Bengals must play to their potential this Saturday. The pieces have been assembled, they are tested and proved quality but the assembly of a complete team hence a playoff victory has been somewaht non existent is the history of the Cincinnati Bengals wether it be past or present.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:40 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 49863

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
no no no,,,what he was saying is beating the steelers in the regular season is how he measures success nothing else matters.

While i act like a wildperson and scream at the tv in joy watching us (rarely) beat the steelers, i would rather them and the ratbirds beat us 4-0 in the division and go deep in the playoffs.
We are one and done this year?

How did I ever miss this fact?

Oh, wait, it is just Abspara, Dabo, and Utts.

Nevermind.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:42 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 30550

Quote:
Some Franchises would love to sniff the playoffs. 3 of the last 4 years...

Maybe the Falcons cut Matt Ryan if they lose their first playoff game this year... Hes only ever been 1 and done his whole career.

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry