Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:58 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3396
Default Re: If Andy Dalton can play GREAT......

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmaino View Post
Just heard Ron Jaworski on Mike & Mike say; "If Andy Dalton can play great, The Bengals can be this years' Giants." ....Do you agree? I believe I do.
I agree ... although it's a little more complicated than that. We need the OFFENSE to play great. We need more 100-yard games from BJGE, good blocking, and good games from Andy.

If the offense shows up every week, we can win it all.

My name is Marvin, and I can count to 12. Induct me now HOF!
Old 01-01-2013, 05:47 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 38334

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utts View Post
I agree ... although it's a little more complicated than that. We need the OFFENSE to play great. We need more 100-yard games from BJGE, good blocking, and good games from Andy.

If the offense shows up every week, we can win it all.
Get efffin nuts man...Yay..somebody smack me.....Let's goooo......Lets do it. **** every last one of 'em.......We. Will. Not. Lose. **** that.....We ain't losin'.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:36 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3114

Quote:
Just heard Ron Jaworski on Mike & Mike say; "If Andy Dalton can play great, The Bengals can be this years' Giants." ....Do you agree? I believe I do.
I agree, but that can be said about every team.

It was certainly true of Carson Palmer. Problem was, he stopped playing great.

Dalton hasn't played "great" in a while. Not all his fault, but plenty of it is. I don't actually blame Dalton directly. I think he needs better coaches on offense, especially OC.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:31 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 147

Quote:
This is awesome, the thought has crossed my mind
Old 01-01-2013, 12:57 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 706

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer1 View Post
If this was a decade ago I might agree. This is not the NFL of a decade ago, though.

The last 10 super bowl winning QB's...Eli, Peyton, Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger, Rodgers, and...Brad Johnson (2003).

Dalton isn't even on the same planet as the above mentioned QB's. It's a passing league. Offense rules...not defense.
Compare Daltons first 2 years to those guys first 2 years be fair about it.Daltons 20 td per year his first 2 years is on pace with Peytons.Dalton making the playoffs his first 2 years you can not beat that.Give Dalton a good Oline for a whole season and watch what he can do.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:55 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 721

The one thing I'm seeing from Dalton is improvement in nearly every category. As long as he keeps progressing I'm on board. Finding a consistent #2 WR (Sanu hurt, Binns gone) and a running game will go a long way to helping his development.