Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:07 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 30337
Default Re: Do we want Crocker anywhere near the field Saturday?

The problem wasn't Crocker last year. The problem was that we let Arian Foster get past our front 7. Not many safeties stand a good chance against Foster. Our run defense is better and everyone is healthy. Not only that, but the Texans aren't blocking as well. Last I checked, Arian was at 3.9 per carry.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:10 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 542

I've been debating this all week so far. I don't know how serious his injury is but I don't want to see another episode of this

http://www.nfl.com/videos/cincinnati...r-42-yd-run-TD

If he's healthy, sure, he's rejuvenated with a chip on his shoulder, ready to lay the smack down. If he's hurting, prepare for another Chris Crocker moment.

I just got done watching the colts/texans reair game on NFL network and the Texans still look pretty scary. Yeah, they're on a slight skid but these guys were basically number 1 in the AFC all year. Foster looks quick doing his usual stuff, there were some missed catches that could be caught against us. The pressure towards Shaub was usually checked to Foster, which resulted in positive yards.

It's going to be a struggle and all 3 units better show up or it's another disappointment. Chris Crocker too.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:28 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 30337

Quote:
Originally Posted by endsanebengal View Post
im more worried about Dalton than J Joe shutting down Green...JJ is a good cb but he can be beat but if Dalton doesnt beat there pressure Im afriad we will lose...
I'm not worried about Dalton, I'm worried our receivers not named "AJ Green". Joseph is an elite corner with good size and speed. He's proven that he can limit AJ. Twice. We need Gresham, Hawk and Marvin Jones to show up.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:31 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8293

Quote:
Originally Posted by w8ing 4 '08 View Post
I read somewhere that Crocker is doubtful for the game. Not sure about the legitimacy of that though.
Injury reports aren't out yet
Old 01-01-2013, 11:04 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3364

Mays, when given the opportunity, has played better than Crocker this year...but with that said Crocker seems to elivate the play of some of the other players around him, namely Reggie Nelson. So with that said I would prefer Crocker out their Saturday, but if he gets trucked by Foster or drops a sure pick 6 again then Mays needs to be put in.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:08 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1611

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natikid873 View Post
I mean, I want him to have his revenge, or at least make up for the debacle
last year. But is he capable of at least tackling Arian?
Only on passing downs IMO
I would wait and see how he tackles foster. If he looks scared or gets juked pull his tail out of there.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:11 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22413

I never thought that I would say this, but hell yes, I want him out there. He's played far and away better ball than at any other time during his Bengals tenure. He's been an important player for this Defense since he re-signed.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:50 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 286

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
I'm not worried about Dalton, I'm worried our receivers not named "AJ Green". Joseph is an elite corner with good size and speed. He's proven that he can limit AJ. Twice. We need Gresham, Hawk and Marvin Jones to show up.
ok that was last year when AJ was rookie...J joe has a problem with big recievers Marshall had a good day...Calvin had a good day and remember Blackmons game against them?

Marshall-107 yards
Blackmon-236 yards
Johnson-140 yards

so yeah its more on Dalton considering he threw two picks and did not play well against Baltimore when he was in there...this team is on Daltons shoulders and players get open Dalton misses them at times...had a wide open Gresham against pitt over the middle...he misses reads a lot so yeah Im more worried of Dalton...and u said Joseph shut down AJ last year twice ok well Dalton threw 3 picks

I give u AJ needs a good game but I think we can win without AJ having a great game...Dalton however needs to have a semi-decent game for us to win because its the playoffs and this is where QBS are made cause everyhthing is even tighter...
Old 01-02-2013, 12:28 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6874

And now we have the anti-Dalton troll brigade even popping into threads having nothing to do with the QB or even the offense.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:34 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6874

Back on the actual topic of the thread, remember that when we brought Crocker back there was an immediate improvement in the defense because Crocker was out there setting the secondary alignment - all of a sudden we promptly stopped constantly falling for every misdirection play (which was what was killing us - our D was falling for every trick in the book).

This game should be interesting. We are much healthier on both offense and defense than last time (with the exception being the lack of a possession receiver). Last game we were like a M.A.S.H unit up front on the DL and on the interior OL. What we need to do is not give up any big plays on either side of the ball, and we can win the game.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:35 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 286

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelist View Post
And now we have the anti-Dalton troll brigade even popping into threads having nothing to do with the QB or even the offense.
LMAO wow people jump to conclusions and take everything out of contex...Um I love Dalton even have the guy as part of our future...Just backed up when I said I worry more about Dalton than Crocker and Green...No anti-Dalton troll brigade
Old 01-02-2013, 12:36 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3353

I would put money that Chris will make at least ONE play against the pass that will make you say "Wow great play Crock"

He is FRESH this year and literally as soon as he came our D started getting consistent interceptions. I want Crocker on the field this saturday.

Old 01-02-2013, 12:44 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9102

Quote:
Crocker had a bad game last year, thats all im chalking it up to. I think Saturday he should be effective and ready to ball.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:09 AM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 30

Crocker needs to be on the field for this game. As soon as he came back our pass D improved immensely.
The last thing we need is to have Taylor Mays over pursuing on all the Texans stretch plays and letting Foster have a nice cut-back lane.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:13 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23758
bengals Re: Do we want Crocker anywhere near the field Saturday?

Quote:
Sorry but this is ridiculous.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:46 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquapod770 View Post
Mays, when given the opportunity, has played better than Crocker this year...but with that said Crocker seems to elivate the play of some of the other players around him, namely Reggie Nelson. So with that said I would prefer Crocker out their Saturday, but if he gets trucked by Foster or drops a sure pick 6 again then Mays needs to be put in.
Not one single solitary ounce of Mays has played better than Crocker. Mays WAS given AMPLE oppritunity....TO START and was so bad we had to get Crocker off the street. I know we benched Mays a while ago but no way you forgot that quick how much he ******.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:05 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8293

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh View Post
Not one single solitary ounce of Mays has played better than Crocker. Mays WAS given AMPLE oppritunity....TO START and was so bad we had to get Crocker off the street. I know we benched Mays a while ago but no way you forgot that quick how much he ******.
This!!!!
Old 01-02-2013, 01:58 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh View Post
He had one bad game against Baltimore, then when given the opportunity of playing time he has played very solid since. PFF's numbers will back me up on this. For some reason or another he got put in Marvins doghouse (my theory is his inability to take coaching) and hasn't been given much opportunity when Crocker, Clements, and Nelson are all healthy.

Crocker has played nicely, and like I said before seems to elevate the play of those around him (especially Nelson) so I want Crocker out there Saturday. Apparently you can only remember Mays from week 1 because you think he *****...maybe you are confusing him with how Miles played against the Browns or how Clements has played when put at safety.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:21 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2776

Who ever is in there, the D will handle their part. There are serious flaws with the O. Lets hope the D can get us a couple TD's.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:27 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11426

The defense has improved since Crocker came back, so yes, I want him on the field come Saturday.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:31 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6622

Crocker didn't practice for the second day in a row. Not looking good.

Pretty funny Coach Lewis blasted Bulls on Parade though.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...5-5be00a6fdb61
Old 01-02-2013, 02:39 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 326

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumblerooski View Post
Crocker didn't practice for the second day in a row. Not looking good.

Pretty funny Coach Lewis blasted Bulls on Parade though.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...5-5be00a6fdb61
Hobbs said Gilberry didnt practice either... I wonder whats up there.

UN-official Remodeling Contractor of The Cincinnati Bengals
Old 01-02-2013, 02:41 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1681

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquapod770 View Post
He had one bad game against Baltimore, then when given the opportunity of playing time he has played very solid since. PFF's numbers will back me up on this. For some reason or another he got put in Marvins doghouse (my theory is his inability to take coaching) and hasn't been given much opportunity when Crocker, Clements, and Nelson are all healthy.

Crocker has played nicely, and like I said before seems to elevate the play of those around him (especially Nelson) so I want Crocker out there Saturday. Apparently you can only remember Mays from week 1 because you think he *****...maybe you are confusing him with how Miles played against the Browns or how Clements has played when put at safety.
I so want Taylor Mays in there at times. Zim will use him as needed.He does play special teams.This guy is a force when he hits you and he just may get turnover on special teams.I am predicting this score.BENGALS 28--------TEXANS 21.The difference is going to be the punt return that Adam Jones has for a touchdown.Thats how I see this one,or a field goal by Josh Brown wins it and he will be the MVP of this one.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:50 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 34054

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalrocker View Post
The defense has improved since Crocker came back, so yes, I want him on the field come Saturday.
If hes full go.... if not let him sit.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:53 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1681

Quote:
Originally Posted by endsanebengal View Post
ok that was last year when AJ was rookie...J joe has a problem with big recievers Marshall had a good day...Calvin had a good day and remember Blackmons game against them?

Marshall-107 yards
Blackmon-236 yards
Johnson-140 yards

so yeah its more on Dalton considering he threw two picks and did not play well against Baltimore when he was in there...this team is on Daltons shoulders and players get open Dalton misses them at times...had a wide open Gresham against pitt over the middle...he misses reads a lot so yeah Im more worried of Dalton...and u said Joseph shut down AJ last year twice ok well Dalton threw 3 picks

I give u AJ needs a good game but I think we can win without AJ having a great game...Dalton however needs to have a semi-decent game for us to win because its the playoffs and this is where QBS are made cause everyhthing is even tighter...
Relax, everyone, we will be fine.those of you that know me i am up pacing the floor, can't sleep, thinking about all the what ifs,should've, could've stuff, but this time i am relaxing and enjoying all this. i am the biggest worrier of all, however i feel very much different about this one.yes, i am anxious about this game, but i feel we are as good as they are and whoever gets the breaks will win this. lets just hope the refs are not a big part of the equation, as all of us know, our team has to beat them as well because none of them want us to win.lets just hope all the refs are not from texas.besides andy has alot more hair that matt so his brain will stay warmer and work better.all jokes aside, our team knows fully whats ahead of them and with marvin having 10 years to prepare for this, lets see what we got!!! I am so pumped for this one, i am now going out in the cold garage and hit the weights and get my 2-mile walk in.be back tonight.
i am really enjoying swapping stuff with all of you savy BENGALS FANS.I DO KNOW THIS!! COME SATURDAY, OUR DEFENSE IS GOING TO BRING PAIN!!!!