Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #651  
Old 01-01-2013, 09:16 PM
THEBURG THEBURG is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9,398
Rep Points: 7448
bengals Re: How do you feel about guns?

When guns are outlawed, only republicans will have guns. j/k
Reply With Quote
  #652  
Old 01-02-2013, 12:31 AM
bengalfan74's Avatar
bengalfan74 bengalfan74 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 5,288
Rep Points: 14723
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Evil existed in this world way before guns, evil will still be around long after guns are ancient history !
Reply With Quote
  #653  
Old 01-02-2013, 01:45 AM
timmanis2000's Avatar
timmanis2000 timmanis2000 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Avon, Indiana
Posts: 1,469
Rep Points: 1628
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie Sharp View Post
The REAL problem here, imo; is with the increased security in school and other public places, how does one deranged idiot carry a virtual arsenal into the school without him being detected? When I went to school, many people had a deer rifle in the old gun rack; yet with NO security whatsoever, it would have been near impossible to just walk into the school packing a rifle without somebody noticing. Gun control is the easiest scapegoat people can find, but it's neither the problem nor the solution to this particular tragedy. The real problem here started in the home. Kids don't respect life, liberty , or property today, and it all started when somebody decided busting a kid's arse was cruel and unusual punishment, and damaged their little psyches. What that did was plant the seed of no fear and respect of anyone or anything and it inevitably grows into a sense of invincibility which too often ends up badly for everyone as evidenced here. The country wages a war on drugs, yet decides the solution to every "bad' child is to give them drugs at an early age rather than make them mind? There's your problem,imo.
Great post!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #654  
Old 01-02-2013, 04:15 AM
Wingnut Wingnut is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,423
Rep Points: 6791
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICKYSHUFFLE View Post
I don't think twisting around what people say is owning something. Especially when you apparently "know" so much. Like "knowing" what people he's never met and knows nothing about need or are capable of.
I personally trained dozens in the fundamental of marksmanship. I personally trained the trainers who then trained others in marksmanship. I supervised thousands while while they were trained in marksmanship.

Like I've already stated, my first decade in the Army was as an infantryman from rifleman to platoon sergeant in the 75th Ranger Regiment, Ranger Training Brigade, and the 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault). If you don't have a physical or mental disability, I don't need to meet you to know what you need for self defense or what you are capable of.

Quote:
If you need an example look at how big me saying a lot of women don't like shooting shotguns got blown out of proportion. They act like I said NO women could shoot any guns.
Okay, let's look at your quote (I'm looking at you WhoDeyJon).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICKYSHUFFLE View Post
Shotguns and girls don't usually mix
http://youtu.be/HW3dfUg5FZY
Yeah I'm sure his wife or anyone else wouldn't care about being knocked around like that when there is a home invasion.
Gee, I don't see where you wrote "a lot." Do you see "a lot" included in your statement? No, you don't. Why is that? Because you never wrote that.

But, I guess that's just me twisting words around you claim you wrote, but never did. Was language arts not included in your GED testing?

Want to watch another funny video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et33bbA0GeM

Quote:
And quite a few are for a Assault weapons ban but OWN shotguns and other guns. Apparently they have never read the bill that is getting introduced January 3rd.
IFYou are approved by the ATF and allowed to keep your shotgun, You will have to pay $200 tax A YEAR to have it. And can you imagine how much ammo would be?
And I bet they didn't know the person who is introducing the bill Dianne Feinstein has a CCW permit and has 5 body guards with the very rifles she demonizes.
She wants to ban ALL guns
http://youtu.be/Mj4AcjyuV38
IF?

There's no doubt in my mind I would be approved. What are you afraid of?

There is a big difference between introducing a bill and getting a bill passed in Congress. Was social studies not included in your GED testing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICKYSHUFFLE View Post
Like Mao says, Power comes from the barrel of a gun.
http://youtu.be/Mj4AcjyuV38
Shes coming after YOU Mr. and Ms. AMERICA!!!!!

Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it.-George Santayana
http://youtu.be/1pKasF6l3y0
I suggest that people watch ALL of this video and see what happens governments want to take weapons away from the people.
If you have never heard of Democide, you should look into it.
Are you a big fan of Mao? And Russian military rifles?

As a military veteran who loves America, Freedom, and Mom's Apple Pie, I don't trust people with an affinity for communist Russian rifles and communist Chinese propaganda.

No wonder you're worried about passing the proposed ATF checks, Comrade.

I bet you liked that video because it had banjo music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICKYSHUFFLE View Post
I'm guessing you didn't watch the first video link I posted.
Once she gets this through, what other restrictions do you think will be coming soon after?
She says she would have taken ALL GUNS with the original AWB but didn't have enough votes.
Once she gets this through?



What was that you wrote about "didn't have enough votes"? The problem with your strawman argument about what other restrictions will come later is she didn't have enough votes then, she doesn't have enough votes now, and she won't have enough votes in the future.


Quote:
And with Obama already saying he was going to push gun legislation even if it was going to be by executive order he is going to push in what he wants.
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/th.../wayne-s-world


Quote:
Those don't happen to take detachable magazines over 10 rounds?
From WhoDeyJon's link...

"Any “semiautomatic, centerfire, or rimfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds,” except for tubular-magazine .22s."

Do you understand the difference between a fixed magazine and a detachable magazine? Apparently not. Would you like me to explain it to you?

Quote:
If so prepare to have to hand them over or, if you're lucky and pass ALL their checks
I'll pass. But, I have my doubts about you, Comrade ICKYSHUFFLEOVICH.

Quote:
you may just be able to keep them for $200 dollars A YEAR PER GUN.

Also, if you do get to keep your gun(s), ammo will be EXPENSIVE and hard to get.
You didn't think they wouldn't put restrictions on ammo sales once they get this through?
Once you start earning minimum wage instead of an allowance you'll be able to afford it. I'm confident in your ability to operate a spatula.

Quote:
They will say, "There aren't many guns anymore and they don't hold many rounds so why should there be a bunch of ammo?"
Oh, no! It's them! "They" will say that, won't "they"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICKYSHUFFLE View Post
From what I looked up quickly on 22lr suppressors it looks like you would have to be pretty handy to make some designs and even need a lathe for others.
Also could you tell me of the rash of people making these and using them for violence/crime that justifies your reasoning?
When is the last time someone used an Abrams tank for violence/crime? So why can't you run out and purchase one?

Why don't you explain why someone would need a suppressor?



And finally, the man's nickname was Ickey!
Reply With Quote
  #655  
Old 01-02-2013, 04:35 AM
Wingnut Wingnut is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,423
Rep Points: 6791
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyJon View Post
A simple google search will show you that the phrase in question has been said numerous ways and applying to different topics.

Perhaps you have seen these (or will see when you use that cool internet tool called Google):

"Debating Republicans is like playing chess with a pigeon. You could be the worlds best chess player, but the pigeon is still going to knock over all the pieces, crap on the board and walk around triumphantly."

"Arguing with liberals is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock out the pieces, crap on the board, and strut around like it is victorious."

"Arguing with Bill O'reilly........."

"Arguing with idiots...."

Etc...
Oh, it's a "phrase" now instead of a "quote"?

Well, what about a "saying"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Again, when you change a quote so it no longer conveys the same meaning it is no longer a quote. Look it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyJon View Post
Kudos to him for winning your approval.

I'll try harder to be pompous and ignore facts so you'll like me too!!
Who do you think would know more about weapons and CQB, a ministry student or an Airborne Ranger?

I know what I know because of formal military schooling, operational assignments, and experience. I call it confidence in my knowledge attained through good old fashioned hard work.

Pompousness is an Evangelical telling another Christian, "You're doing it wrong."

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyJon View Post
I have a .22 lr pistol with a threaded barrel and a 12 round mag.

See the problem here?

I didn't buy it for the threaded barrel, but it is on there. So now this little semi-auto pistol is banned. Please. That's dumb.
There are these people called "gunsmiths." Ever heard of one? One could remove the threading.

Tell me the exact date that little semi-auto was banned? Oh, that's right. It isn't banned at all. I guess I'm just twisting your words around again.
Reply With Quote
  #656  
Old 01-02-2013, 07:22 AM
Wolverhampton Bengal Wolverhampton Bengal is offline
Graduated Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 15
Rep Points: 30
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Just a few stats. Take them how you will.

Guns Owned per 100 people:
USA 88.8
UK 6.2
Canada 30.8

Rate of homicide by firearms per 100,000 of population
USA 2.97
UK 0.07
Canada 0.51

Murder rate by any method
USA 4.2
UK 1.2
Canada 1.6
Reply With Quote
  #657  
Old 01-02-2013, 08:33 AM
WhoDeyJon's Avatar
WhoDeyJon WhoDeyJon is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,603
Rep Points: 1823
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmicGeek View Post
Why is it dumb? What is a threaded barrel for? To attach a suppressor. What is the point of a suppressor? To muffle/disguise the sound of a gunshot. The favored caliber for up close assassination style killings? .22 LR
Yeah, I don't use a suppressor. So instead, punish hundreds of thousands for the stupidity of a few.
__________________
"To me,
the very least of all saints,
this grace was given,
to preach to the Gentiles
the unfathomable riches of Christ" (Ephesians 3:8)

Reply With Quote
  #658  
Old 01-02-2013, 09:06 AM
WhoDeyJon's Avatar
WhoDeyJon WhoDeyJon is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,603
Rep Points: 1823
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Oh, it's a "phrase" now instead of a "quote"?

Well, what about a "saying"?

Again, when you change a quote so it no longer conveys the same meaning it is no longer a quote. Look it up.
So............................................to recap..................

Bill says, "Debating Wingnut is like playing chess with a pigeon............."

Sally says, "Debating Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon....."

I quote Sally, it isn't a quote?

LOL, child please.


Quote:
Who do you think would know more about weapons and CQB, a ministry student or an Airborne Ranger?

I know what I know because of formal military schooling, operational assignments, and experience. I call it confidence in my knowledge attained through good old fashioned hard work.
I never said you didn't. However, you know nothing of my wife and her ability to handle certain firearms safely. Good try though.


Quote:
Pompousness is an Evangelical telling another Christian, "You're doing it wrong."
Huh?


Quote:
There are these people called "gunsmiths." Ever heard of one? One could remove the threading.
Good idea. We wouldn't want law abiding citizens to have a threaded barrel. They may try to commit a crime.

Quote:
Tell me the exact date that little semi-auto was banned? Oh, that's right. It isn't banned at all. I guess I'm just twisting your words around again
.

It would be banned. I forgot you like to argue just for the sake of arguing.
__________________
"To me,
the very least of all saints,
this grace was given,
to preach to the Gentiles
the unfathomable riches of Christ" (Ephesians 3:8)

Reply With Quote
  #659  
Old 01-02-2013, 10:01 AM
RhythmicGeek's Avatar
RhythmicGeek RhythmicGeek is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Quick Stop
Posts: 22,610
Rep Points: 35606
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyJon View Post
Yeah, I don't use a suppressor. So instead, punish hundreds of thousands for the stupidity of a few.
So then why have a threaded barrel?
Reply With Quote
  #660  
Old 01-02-2013, 10:08 AM
WhoDeyJon's Avatar
WhoDeyJon WhoDeyJon is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,603
Rep Points: 1823
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmicGeek View Post
So then why have a threaded barrel?
I didn't buy the gun for that reason. It had other features I liked. It simply had it on there.

So, now, if Gun Grab Feinstein gets her way, my gun is banned.
__________________
"To me,
the very least of all saints,
this grace was given,
to preach to the Gentiles
the unfathomable riches of Christ" (Ephesians 3:8)

Reply With Quote
  #661  
Old 01-02-2013, 10:18 AM
SteelCitySouth's Avatar
SteelCitySouth SteelCitySouth is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: rfaulk34 is dumb, BTB is dumber...However Neek is the Mt. Everest of dumb….
Posts: 18,100
Rep Points: 28092
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyJon View Post
I didn't buy the gun for that reason. It had other features I liked. It simply had it on there.

So, now, if Gun Grab Feinstein gets her way, my gun is banned.
Well...Yes and no...Most gun regulations always have a grandfather caveat built into it. While that caveat may not be in the current outline of what Feinstein would like, rest assured that it would never pass without it.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
You violate the CoC when you discriminate against gender.
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Reply With Quote
  #662  
Old 01-02-2013, 10:20 AM
WhoDeyJon's Avatar
WhoDeyJon WhoDeyJon is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,603
Rep Points: 1823
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCitySouth View Post
Well...Yes and no...Most gun regulations always have a grandfather caveat built into it. While that caveat may not be in the current outline of what Feinstein would like, rest assured that it would never pass without it.
Even with a grandfather clause, we would have registration, finger printing, etc.

Registration leads to confiscation.
__________________
"To me,
the very least of all saints,
this grace was given,
to preach to the Gentiles
the unfathomable riches of Christ" (Ephesians 3:8)

Reply With Quote
  #663  
Old 01-02-2013, 10:23 AM
SteelCitySouth's Avatar
SteelCitySouth SteelCitySouth is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: rfaulk34 is dumb, BTB is dumber...However Neek is the Mt. Everest of dumb….
Posts: 18,100
Rep Points: 28092
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyJon View Post
Even with a grandfather clause, we would have registration, finger printing, etc.

Registration leads to confiscation.
How does it lead to confiscation?
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
You violate the CoC when you discriminate against gender.
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Reply With Quote
  #664  
Old 01-02-2013, 10:26 AM
WhoDeyJon's Avatar
WhoDeyJon WhoDeyJon is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,603
Rep Points: 1823
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCitySouth View Post
How does it lead to confiscation?
It's happened alot. Canada, Australia, Great Britain, Cali, NY, etc....

It's not a certainty, but it is highly likely. Why do they want guns registered?
__________________
"To me,
the very least of all saints,
this grace was given,
to preach to the Gentiles
the unfathomable riches of Christ" (Ephesians 3:8)

Reply With Quote
  #665  
Old 01-02-2013, 10:26 AM
Wingnut Wingnut is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,423
Rep Points: 6791
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyJon View Post
So............................................to recap..................

Bill says, "Debating Wingnut is like playing chess with a pigeon............."

Sally says, "Debating Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon....."

I quote Sally, it isn't a quote?

LOL, child please.
The original quote was intended to illustrate the simple mindedness and pompousness of creationist. Did you quote the original quote verbatim? No. Did you use it to convey the original message? No.

If you want to claim you're quoting a misquote, fine.


Quote:
I never said you didn't. However, you know nothing of my wife and her ability to handle certain firearms safely. Good try though.
I know enough that claiming she can't hold a shotgun is bullcrap. I know enough that claiming she can't hold or fire a shotgun comfortably is bullcrap, also.

You've changed your claim at least three times. First, she couldn't hold one. Then she couldn't hold one or fire one comfortably. Then she couldn't handle a 12 gauge. Then she couldn't handle a 12 gauge with a shorter barrel. But, guess what? A 12 gauge is still a 12 gauge despite the length of the barrel.

Did you buy your wife a Desert Eagle .50 cal handgun? No? Why not? You bought her a 9mm handgun, didn't you? Why?

So by the same reasoning you bought your wife a 9mm instead of a Desert Eagle .50, why are you trying to force her to use a 12 gauge instead of a 20 gauge or a .410? Why can't your wife fire a .410 your own child can handle? If your child can fire a shotgun, so can your adult wife. (Unless she has some physical or mental disability. Does your wife have a physical or mental disability?) Good try though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnT723O5fZg

Enjoy the banjo music, Comrade ICKYSHUFFLEOVICH.

Quote:
Huh?
Example, you telling other Christians their interpretation of Genesis is wrong.

Quote:
Good idea. We wouldn't want law abiding citizens to have a threaded barrel. They may try to commit a crime.
Do you need a threaded barrel for home defense, hunting, or recreational shooting?

And the purpose of a threaded barrel is?
.
If threaded barrels were banned, is there some reason you couldn't have a gunsmith remove the threads so your weapon would comply with the law? No, there isn't any reason why you couldn't have a gunsmith remove the threads. No reason at all. So why all the whining?

Quote:
It would be banned. I forgot you like to argue just for the sake of arguing.
"Would be"? Oh, so you were speaking hypothetically. Whereas in reality, it isn't banned, the bill hasn't been passed, the bill hasn't even been introduced yet and you act as if it is already banned. You're arguing about something that hasn't happened yet and has a snowball's chance in hell of happening in the future. Yet, you accuse me of being the one who likes to argue? I should probably stop now before you accuse me of using your own words against you, again.
Reply With Quote
  #666  
Old 01-02-2013, 10:32 AM
ICKYSHUFFLE's Avatar
ICKYSHUFFLE ICKYSHUFFLE is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: parts unknown
Posts: 2,208
Rep Points: 2855
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
I personally trained dozens in the fundamental of marksmanship. I personally trained the trainers who then trained others in marksmanship. I supervised thousands while while they were trained in marksmanship.

Like I've already stated, my first decade in the Army was as an infantryman from rifleman to platoon sergeant in the 75th Ranger Regiment, Ranger Training Brigade, and the 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault). If you don't have a physical or mental disability, I don't need to meet you to know what you need for self defense or what you are capable of.

There you go comparing ME 6'5" 240lbs to a probably just over 5' woman in capabilities. Yeah she could do everything I could.
Okay, let's look at your quote (I'm looking at you WhoDeyJon).


Gee, I don't see where you wrote "a lot." Do you see "a lot" included in your statement? No, you don't. Why is that? Because you never wrote that.

I guess I should go into extreme specifics when debating with someone like you and break down what I say word for word so your "superior intelligence" can understand it.
Lets examine the word usually.
The definition is 1. Commonly encountered, experienced, or observed
Now if I see someone not able to do something "a lot" of times, is that not what the definition states? That I USUALLY don't see girls shooting high powered guns. Not saying that none of them could.

But, I guess that's just me twisting words around you claim you wrote, but never did. Was language arts not included in your GED testing?
There you go trying to belittle people who don't have the same opinion as you. Does it make you feel better? Does it make you believe you are correct?
Want to watch another funny video?
It makes me wonder about you that you would think this video is even remotely funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et33bbA0GeM

Yeah I'm sure that DEA agent and the soldiers shooting at one point were properly trained by someone like you? Oh I almost forgot about the cop that almost blew the guys head off as hes being cuffed.
Just look at 1:24 in the video and see that it says Unfamiliarity or INABILITY to use a firearm. But according to you ALL people can use ANY gun.

IF?

There's no doubt in my mind I would be approved. What are you afraid of?

There is a big difference between introducing a bill and getting a bill passed in Congress. Was social studies not included in your GED testing?


Are you a big fan of Mao? And Russian military rifles?

As a military veteran who loves America, Freedom, and Mom's Apple Pie, I don't trust people with an affinity for communist Russian rifles and communist Chinese propaganda.

No wonder you're worried about passing the proposed ATF checks, Comrade.

I bet you liked that video because it had banjo music.

There you go twisting things and taking them to extremes. So me quoting a tyrannical dictator makes me a fan of his? Me owning an old Russian Military rife makes me a Communist? I guess we all want to be Chinese since 90% of the crap in our houses came from China. And somehow you believe since I own a rifle from the FORMER U.S.S.R that I am somehow obsessed with Communist ideology? Keep reaching
Once she gets this through?



What was that you wrote about "didn't have enough votes"? The problem with your strawman argument about what other restrictions will come later is she didn't have enough votes then, she doesn't have enough votes now, and she won't have enough votes in the future.
Didn't have enough votes THEN. Since the media have been demonizing guns for the past few months and when they start showing pictures of the kids that got shot do you think they can't milk more votes?
I think you are ignoring the fact that OBAMA is pushing things through with executive orders that far outnumber any President before him. He will push this through just like he did with the NDAA.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/th.../wayne-s-world

Yeah what was it that Obama said about the NDAA? Seems like a honest truthful person to me?

From WhoDeyJon's link...

"Any “semiautomatic, centerfire, or rimfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds,” except for tubular-magazine .22s."

Do you understand the difference between a fixed magazine and a detachable magazine? Apparently not. Would you like me to explain it to you?

Also quoted from the same article.
"Read literally and in conjunction with the reduction from two features to one, the new language would apply to every detachable-magazine semi-automatic rifle. At a minimum, it would, for example, ban all models of the AR-15, even those developed for compliance with California’s highly restrictive ban."
I'm sure you are aware that removable mags>10 rounds are going to be banned. Why would they make a big deal about AK and AR mags and not others?

I'll pass. But, I have my doubts about you, Comrade ICKYSHUFFLEOVICH.

Yeah because owning something from a Communist country makes you a commie
And knowing what a tyrannical dictator said and has done makes you a huge fan of theirs.GTFOH

Once you start earning minimum wage instead of an allowance you'll be able to afford it. I'm confident in your ability to operate a spatula.
Again does belittling people make you feel better and your opinions correct?
And just so you know I make WELL over minimum wage and work my *** off while doing it.


Oh, no! It's them! "They" will say that, won't "they"?


When is the last time someone used an Abrams tank for violence/crime? So why can't you run out and purchase one?
http://www.mortarinvestments.eu/prod...2#currency=USD
Which one do you like? personally I like the first one...
Hey heres how to do it.
http://www.ehow.com/facts_7450661_bu...tary-tank.html
What were you saying again?


Why don't you explain why someone would need a suppressor?
So they don't damage their hearing. Maybe they would like to shoot without having to have earplugs in. Or maybe the just WANT IT.
With the extensive checks they have to go through to buy one they are proven to be some of the most level headed and law abiding citizens in the country.



And finally, the man's nickname was Ickey!
Read the bold
Yeah I know I misspelled it but I didn't notice until it was too late so I just said **** it. Was wondering why a name I thought would be taken wasn't. I wonder how many would spell it correctly without looking it up first .
I was thinking of changing my name to
Not Sure because I feel like I'm in that movie sometimes.
__________________

Last edited by ICKYSHUFFLE; 01-02-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #667  
Old 01-02-2013, 10:39 AM
WhoDeyJon's Avatar
WhoDeyJon WhoDeyJon is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,603
Rep Points: 1823
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
The original quote was intended to illustrate the simple mindedness and pompousness of creationist. Did you quote the original quote verbatim? No. Did you use it to convey the original message? No.

If you want to claim you're quoting a misquote, fine.
I can see you just don't want to understand this.


Quote:
I know enough that claiming she can't hold a shotgun is bullcrap. I know enough that claiming she can't hold or fire a shotgun comfortably is bullcrap, also.
Incorrect. I suppose you can keep saying it over and over, but you will still be wrong.

Quote:
You've changed your claim at least three times. First, she couldn't hold one. Then she couldn't hold one or fire one comfortably. Then she couldn't handle a 12 gauge. Then she couldn't handle a 12 gauge with a shorter barrel. But, guess what? A 12 gauge is still a 12 gauge despite the length of the barrel.
We've been through this one many times already and you aren't paying attention.

Quote:
Did you buy your wife a Desert Eagle .50 cal handgun? No? Why not? You bought her a 9mm handgun, didn't you? Why?

So by the same reasoning you bought your wife a 9mm instead of a Desert Eagle .50, why are you trying to force her to use a 12 gauge instead of a 20 gauge or a .410? Why can't your wife fire a .410 your own child can handle? If your child can fire a shotgun, so can your adult wife. (Unless she has some physical or mental disability. Does your wife have a physical or mental disability?) Good try though.
All kinds of assumptions in here. You have concluded things I have never even mentioned. Stop doing that.

Quote:
Example, you telling other Christians their interpretation of Genesis is wrong.
LOL. Yeah, sound theology doesn't matter in your world. Scripture disagrees. You may want to reread 2 Timothy 3:16-17 just to start.


Quote:
Do you need a threaded barrel for home defense, hunting, or recreational shooting?

And the purpose of a threaded barrel is?
.
If threaded barrels were banned, is there some reason you couldn't have a gunsmith remove the threads so your weapon would comply with the law? No, there isn't any reason why you couldn't have a gunsmith remove the threads. No reason at all. So why all the whining?
You want to pay for it?


Quote:
"Would be"? Oh, so you were speaking hypothetically. Whereas in reality, it isn't banned, the bill hasn't been passed, the bill hasn't even been introduced yet and you act as if it is already banned. You're arguing about something that hasn't happened yet and has a snowball's chance in hell of happening in the future. Yet, you accuse me of being the one who likes to argue? I should probably stop now before you accuse me of using your own words against you, again.
Was 1994 all just a dream? You think these antigun liberals can't make this happen? Yes, I said, liberals, don't freak out. This is serious stuff, I take it seriously.
__________________
"To me,
the very least of all saints,
this grace was given,
to preach to the Gentiles
the unfathomable riches of Christ" (Ephesians 3:8)

Reply With Quote
  #668  
Old 01-02-2013, 10:39 AM
Wingnut Wingnut is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,423
Rep Points: 6791
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyJon View Post
I didn't buy the gun for that reason. It had other features I liked. It simply had it on there.

So, now, if Gun Grab Feinstein gets her way, my gun is banned.
And the threads could be easily removed by a gunsmith. Problem solved.

Next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyJon View Post
Even with a grandfather clause, we would have registration, finger printing, etc.

Registration leads to confiscation.
I was fingerprinted just for joining the Army. I also had my DNA collected and filed. Everyone who lives on a military reservation and has a POW (personally owned weapon) must register them on post. Anyone wishing to bring a POW on post to fire at the range or hunt must register their POW on post.

I don't have anything to fear.

What are you so afraid of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyJon View Post
It's happened alot. Canada, Australia, Great Britain, Cali, NY, etc....

It's not a certainty, but it is highly likely. Why do they want guns registered?
More hypotheticals and hystrionics.

Jeesh, you're so oppressed by living in the United States of America in 2013. Woe is you.
Reply With Quote
  #669  
Old 01-02-2013, 10:52 AM
ICKYSHUFFLE's Avatar
ICKYSHUFFLE ICKYSHUFFLE is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: parts unknown
Posts: 2,208
Rep Points: 2855
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
The original quote was intended to illustrate the simple mindedness and pompousness of creationist. Did you quote the original quote verbatim? No. Did you use it to convey the original message? No.

If you want to claim you're quoting a misquote, fine.



I know enough that claiming she can't hold a shotgun is bullcrap. I know enough that claiming she can't hold or fire a shotgun comfortably is bullcrap, also.

You've changed your claim at least three times. First, she couldn't hold one. Then she couldn't hold one or fire one comfortably. Then she couldn't handle a 12 gauge. Then she couldn't handle a 12 gauge with a shorter barrel. But, guess what? A 12 gauge is still a 12 gauge despite the length of the barrel.

Did you buy your wife a Desert Eagle .50 cal handgun? No? Why not? You bought her a 9mm handgun, didn't you? Why?

So by the same reasoning you bought your wife a 9mm instead of a Desert Eagle .50, why are you trying to force her to use a 12 gauge instead of a 20 gauge or a .410? Why can't your wife fire a .410 your own child can handle? If your child can fire a shotgun, so can your adult wife. (Unless she has some physical or mental disability. Does your wife have a physical or mental disability?) Good try though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnT723O5fZg

Enjoy the banjo music, Comrade ICKYSHUFFLEOVICH.


Example, you telling other Christians their interpretation of Genesis is wrong.


Do you need a threaded barrel for home defense, hunting, or recreational shooting?

And the purpose of a threaded barrel is?
.
If threaded barrels were banned, is there some reason you couldn't have a gunsmith remove the threads so your weapon would comply with the law? No, there isn't any reason why you couldn't have a gunsmith remove the threads. No reason at all. So why all the whining?


"Would be"? Oh, so you were speaking hypothetically. Whereas in reality, it isn't banned, the bill hasn't been passed, the bill hasn't even been introduced yet and you act as if it is already banned. You're arguing about something that hasn't happened yet and has a snowball's chance in hell of happening in the future. Yet, you accuse me of being the one who likes to argue? I should probably stop now before you accuse me of using your own words against you, again.
I want to see where someone went and got some little church woman who doesn't have experience with a powerful gun and get her to shoot said gun safely and without hurting themselves. I am fairly sure you would have a hard time just finding volunteers. But according to you anyone can do anything as long as you show them.
So by you comment saying I would like the banjo music in the video I assume you think anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion is a backwoods redneck?
You really need to quit making assumptions.You seem like a fairly intelligent person but make way too broad statements.
You guys better watch out, if you have stuff made from China in your house Wingnut will accuse you of being Communist.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #670  
Old 01-02-2013, 10:54 AM
RhythmicGeek's Avatar
RhythmicGeek RhythmicGeek is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Quick Stop
Posts: 22,610
Rep Points: 35606
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICKYSHUFFLE View Post
I want to see where someone went and got some little church woman who doesn't have experience with a powerful gun and get her to shoot said gun safely and without hurting themselves. I am fairly sure you would have a hard time just finding volunteers. But according to you anyone can do anything as long as you show them.
So by you comment saying I would like the banjo music in the video I assume you think anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion is a backwoods redneck?
You really need to quit making assumptions.You seem like a fairly intelligent person but make way too broad statements.
You guys better watch out, if you have stuff made from China in your house Wingnut will accuse you of being Communist.
I got my grandmother, 75 years old at the time, never fired a gun in her life, to fire my .357 magnum and she had no problems.
Reply With Quote
  #671  
Old 01-02-2013, 10:54 AM
SteelCitySouth's Avatar
SteelCitySouth SteelCitySouth is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: rfaulk34 is dumb, BTB is dumber...However Neek is the Mt. Everest of dumb….
Posts: 18,100
Rep Points: 28092
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyJon View Post
It's happened alot. Canada, Australia, Great Britain,
Well we can throw all this information out as it really does not have anything to do with us. What other counries do can not be uses as evidence to what we will do.

Quote:
Cali, NY, etc....
States are much different than Fed.


Quote:
It's not a certainty, but it is highly likely. Why do they want guns registered?
We have to regester our cars......If it's not a certainty and you have no eveidence of the Feeds doing it then you are relying on slippery slope...
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
You violate the CoC when you discriminate against gender.
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Reply With Quote
  #672  
Old 01-02-2013, 11:02 AM
WhoDeyJon's Avatar
WhoDeyJon WhoDeyJon is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,603
Rep Points: 1823
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Well we can throw all this information out as it really does not have anything to do with us. What other counries do can not be uses as evidence to what we will do.
Like ObamaCare?


Quote:
States are much different than Fed.
That wasn't the point.


Quote:
We have to regester our cars......If it's not a certainty and you have no eveidence of the Feeds doing it then you are relying on slippery slope.
I ask again, why would they want guns registered?
__________________
"To me,
the very least of all saints,
this grace was given,
to preach to the Gentiles
the unfathomable riches of Christ" (Ephesians 3:8)

Reply With Quote
  #673  
Old 01-02-2013, 11:02 AM
WhoDeyJon's Avatar
WhoDeyJon WhoDeyJon is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,603
Rep Points: 1823
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmicGeek View Post
I got my grandmother, 75 years old at the time, never fired a gun in her life, to fire my .357 magnum and she had no problems.
Are all women just like your 75 year old grandma?
__________________
"To me,
the very least of all saints,
this grace was given,
to preach to the Gentiles
the unfathomable riches of Christ" (Ephesians 3:8)

Reply With Quote
  #674  
Old 01-02-2013, 11:05 AM
ICKYSHUFFLE's Avatar
ICKYSHUFFLE ICKYSHUFFLE is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: parts unknown
Posts: 2,208
Rep Points: 2855
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
And the threads could be easily removed by a gunsmith. Problem solved.

Next.


I was fingerprinted just for joining the Army. I also had my DNA collected and filed. Everyone who lives on a military reservation and has a POW (personally owned weapon) must register them on post. Anyone wishing to bring a POW on post to fire at the range or hunt must register their POW on post.

I don't have anything to fear.

What are you so afraid of?


More hypotheticals and hystrionics.

Jeesh, you're so oppressed by living in the United States of America in 2013. Woe is you.
Like he said about the threaded barrel, ARE YOU GOING TO HAVE TO PAY FOR IT?

So him stating ACTUAL HISTORY is hypothetical? That Hitler, Mao, Paul Pot, and others didn't use this same model before they went on their genocides?
We don't fear gun restrictions because we are criminals we fear them because of what history has already proven.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #675  
Old 01-02-2013, 11:11 AM
SteelCitySouth's Avatar
SteelCitySouth SteelCitySouth is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: rfaulk34 is dumb, BTB is dumber...However Neek is the Mt. Everest of dumb….
Posts: 18,100
Rep Points: 28092
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyJon View Post
I ask again, why would they want guns registered?
For the same reasons we register cars...Mark ownership of said object. Why do you care so much are you worried about being able to use your weapon illegally and therefore having said weapon registered to you makes it a bit more difficult?

Or

Would you not be able to own it for various personal reasons?

I am a gun owner and advocate. I would have no issues having all of my weapons regestered.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
You violate the CoC when you discriminate against gender.
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.