Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Around the NFL

Around the NFL Discuss the other 31 teams and the NFL in general.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-02-2013, 12:19 PM
Brunz Brunz is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: CINCINNATI!!!
Posts: 532
Rep Points: 178
Default Ray Lewis to retire.

After this season he's calling it a quits. Thank God.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-02-2013, 12:22 PM
whodey21's Avatar
whodey21 whodey21 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 2,740
Rep Points: 5357
Default Re: Ray Lewis to retire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunz View Post
After this season he's calling it a quits. Thank God.
Links?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal_fan_in_toronto View Post
Taking a look at this year's schedule for Michigan I don't know how they can lose any of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademark View Post
Michigan should go undefeated with this weak schedule.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-02-2013, 12:23 PM
WhoDeyJon's Avatar
WhoDeyJon WhoDeyJon is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,603
Rep Points: 1823
Default Re: Ray Lewis to retire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodey21 View Post
Links?
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/88...etiring-season
__________________
"To me,
the very least of all saints,
this grace was given,
to preach to the Gentiles
the unfathomable riches of Christ" (Ephesians 3:8)

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-02-2013, 12:24 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 33,721
Rep Points: 32161
Default Re: Ray Lewis to retire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunz View Post
After this season he's calling it a quits. Thank God.
yeah thats what he says now.....

But he will be back.

Or the ravens told him to retire gracifully or hit the streets.
__________________

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-02-2013, 12:26 PM
FRAv's Avatar
FRAv FRAv is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dayton, Oh
Posts: 302
Rep Points: 714
Default Re: Ray Lewis to retire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
yeah thats what he says now.....

But he will be back.

Or the ravens told him to retire gracifully or hit the streets.
Farve flashbacks?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-02-2013, 12:27 PM
McC's Avatar
McC McC is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 14,261
Rep Points: 19143
Default Re: Ray Lewis to retire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunz View Post
After this season he's calling it a quits. Thank God.
Will he please take Ed Reed with him?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-02-2013, 12:27 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 33,721
Rep Points: 32161
Default Re: Ray Lewis to retire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRAv View Post
Farve flashbacks?
Ed reed Flashbacks.
__________________

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-02-2013, 12:28 PM
whodey21's Avatar
whodey21 whodey21 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 2,740
Rep Points: 5357
Default Re: Ray Lewis to retire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyJon View Post
Good news, if true, but it's equally likely to be a motivational ploy or a Favre-esque situation.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal_fan_in_toronto View Post
Taking a look at this year's schedule for Michigan I don't know how they can lose any of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademark View Post
Michigan should go undefeated with this weak schedule.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-02-2013, 12:32 PM
The Dalton Gang's Avatar
The Dalton Gang The Dalton Gang is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 105
Rep Points: 147
Default Re: Ray Lewis to retire.

Pretty big news. I won't miss MurderRay
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-02-2013, 12:35 PM
basballguy's Avatar
basballguy basballguy is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Glenn Heights, TX
Posts: 1,469
Rep Points: 2593
Default Re: Ray Lewis to retire.

Bummer. He's lost a few steps. Was kinda hoping he'd play for a few more years.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-02-2013, 12:40 PM
Trademark's Avatar
Trademark Trademark is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Springfield, Ohio
Posts: 2,856
Rep Points: 2442
Default Ray Lewis retiring

Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis announced Wednesday that he will retire at the end of this season, closing one of the greatest careers in NFL history.

Lewis told the team that "this will be my last ride."

Lewis says "it is time for me to create a new legacy" after 17 NFL seasons.

He's not ready to say if he's going to be healthy enough to play*for the first time since tearing his triceps two months ago when the Ravens play host to the Colts in Sunday's wild-card game. All he said was that he's on the active roster.

Sunday will likely be Lewis' final game in Baltimore.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/88...etiring-season

Not a Ravens fan, but he'll be in the HOF
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-02-2013, 12:43 PM
Tony33 Tony33 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 602
Rep Points: 479
Default Re: Ray Lewis to retire.

One of the best that ever played the game, 1st round hall of famer and will have Sapp job on NFL Network next year.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-02-2013, 12:44 PM
Trademark's Avatar
Trademark Trademark is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Springfield, Ohio
Posts: 2,856
Rep Points: 2442
Default Re: Ray Lewis to retire.

Why is this in jungle noise ? This has nothing to do with the Bengals.........
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-02-2013, 12:48 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 33,721
Rep Points: 32161
Default Re: Ray Lewis retiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademark View Post
Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis announced Wednesday that he will retire at the end of this season, closing one of the greatest careers in NFL history.

Lewis told the team that "this will be my last ride."

Lewis says "it is time for me to create a new legacy" after 17 NFL seasons.

He's not ready to say if he's going to be healthy enough to play*for the first time since tearing his triceps two months ago when the Ravens play host to the Colts in Sunday's wild-card game. All he said was that he's on the active roster.

Sunday will likely be Lewis' final game in Baltimore.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/88...etiring-season

Not a Ravens fan, but he'll be in the HOF
the Best Murderer in the Game today.
__________________

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-02-2013, 01:01 PM
Housh's Avatar
Housh Housh is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Fort Lewis, WA/Trotwood, Ohio
Posts: 3,332
Rep Points: 3181
Default Re: Ray Lewis to retire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademark View Post
Why is this in jungle noise ? This has nothing to do with the Bengals.........
Well it makes beating BAL much easier unless they somehow draft another great LB immeadiately. Which is totally possible with our luck.

lol What if in 10 years Cincy and Cleveland are where PITT and BAL are in the division, that would be crazy.
__________________
LOVE YOU BETHANY AND BENGALS!!! LET HAVE A GOOD 2013 TOGETHER!!!


Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-02-2013, 01:05 PM
kurgan74's Avatar
kurgan74 kurgan74 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Franklin Furnace
Posts: 312
Rep Points: 321
Default Re: Ray Lewis to retire.

I would not mind it at all if Marvin offered Ray a position with the team as a scout or an assistant.

Ray's gameday preparation is legendary.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-02-2013, 01:05 PM
Brunz Brunz is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: CINCINNATI!!!
Posts: 532
Rep Points: 178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademark View Post
Why is this in jungle noise ? This has nothing to do with the Bengals.........
It has a lot to do with the bengals re re
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-02-2013, 01:10 PM
Monster's Avatar
Monster Monster is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ky
Posts: 579
Rep Points: 738
Default Re: Ray Lewis to retire.

He is a legend. I have alot of respect for the man and hope he can continue to be associated with the NFL. That aside his Madden 13 commercials with Paul Rudd are hilarious
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-02-2013, 01:42 PM
Bmoreblitz's Avatar
Bmoreblitz Bmoreblitz is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: 4th and goal at the1
Posts: 4,878
Rep Points: 13296
Default Re: Ray Lewis to retire.

Definitely surreal. But I'm happy for Ray. Never saw a player in my lifetime just give his heart and soul for his team, the fans, and the city of Baltimore. I am happy knowing that I got a chance to witness play the greatest MLB of all-time. I can not even imagine or fathom what the emotional level will be like on Sunday at the Bank. Ray, thank you, thank you, thank you!!
__________________
DEPT of DEFENSE


BMOREBLITZ
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-02-2013, 01:49 PM
Bengals in Toronto's Avatar
Bengals in Toronto Bengals in Toronto is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,993
Rep Points: 7640
Default Re: Ray Lewis to retire.

he always make the game better when he is in


greatest MLB of all time
__________________



WINNING MAKES BELIEVERS OF US ALL PAUL BROWN
Marvin for GM 2013
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-02-2013, 02:24 PM
need2mellowout's Avatar
need2mellowout need2mellowout is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Woodstock, GA
Posts: 509
Rep Points: 1469
Default Re: Ray Lewis to retire.

This will provide the Ravens an emotional boost vs the Colts. Don't doubt his honesty on retiring. His kid starts at UM next year and I don't see him wanting to play part time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademark View Post
Why is this in jungle noise ? This has nothing to do with the Bengals.........
Give the moderator's more work in having to move threads.
__________________
Since Mike Brown became owner, the team has only 5 winning seasons out of 23 and has a winning percentage of .403 (151-224-1) in the regular season and .000 (0-5) in the playoffs. Bengals hold a number of distinctions under Brown's ownership: It is the only team with three 9-game-or-more losing streaks. It holds 6 of the 25 0-6 starts (24%) and 4 of the 13 0-8 starts (31%) in that time. Most successful coach during Brown's tenure is coach Marvin Lewis with a .514 winning percentage.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-02-2013, 02:39 PM
Dalton's_Gang's Avatar
Dalton's_Gang Dalton's_Gang is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Athens, ohio
Posts: 2,108
Rep Points: 2575
Default Re: Ray Lewis to retire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademark View Post
Why is this in jungle noise ? This has nothing to do with the Bengals.........
Forum 5/0 here lol.
__________________


I support Andy Dalton 100 percent. Some fans expect too much too soon or from too little.

Dalton is not the problem. Sometimes I think the only reason people gripe about him is because they have nothing better to do or simply like to read the word of their own writing, similar to when people complaining just to hear the sound of their own voice.

If the world has no faith in me, Then I have no faith in it.

Prosperity should not be shared with those who did not earn it.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-02-2013, 03:03 PM
Bengals Mike's Avatar
Bengals Mike Bengals Mike is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dundas, ON
Posts: 7,074
Rep Points: 8468
Default Re: Ray Lewis to retire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
Definitely surreal. But I'm happy for Ray. Never saw a player in my lifetime just give his heart and soul for his team, the fans, and the city of Baltimore. I am happy knowing that I got a chance to witness play the greatest MLB of all-time. I can not even imagine or fathom what the emotional level will be like on Sunday at the Bank. Ray, thank you, thank you, thank you!!
When I heard this, my first thought was: Well the Colts just lost

by that I'm just going by the heart and inspiration Ray brings and I could see them having it in the same way the Colts had it for their home games with Pagano except for them those inspiration games usually lasted 1 week and they had one last week, and for the crowd in Baltimore to see him for the last time (unless the Bengals and Ravens are in the AFC Championship) should give the Ravens even more of an edge with this game. Personally Ray is one of my favorite players and as a fan of the Bengals I'm happy that he'll finally be gone as he's done a lot of damage against them in his career but as a fan of football he's well deserving of his first ballot Hall of Fame induction he's definitely going to get. Congratulations to Ray on a terrific career and good luck to the Ravens on Sunday
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-02-2013, 03:50 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 33,721
Rep Points: 32161
Default Re: Ray Lewis to retire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals Mike View Post
When I heard this, my first thought was: Well the Colts just lost

by that I'm just going by the heart and inspiration Ray brings and I could see them having it in the same way the Colts had it for their home games with Pagano except for them those inspiration games usually lasted 1 week and they had one last week, and for the crowd in Baltimore to see him for the last time (unless the Bengals and Ravens are in the AFC Championship) should give the Ravens even more of an edge with this game. Personally Ray is one of my favorite players and as a fan of the Bengals I'm happy that he'll finally be gone as he's done a lot of damage against them in his career but as a fan of football he's well deserving of his first ballot Hall of Fame induction he's definitely going to get. Congratulations to Ray on a terrific career and good luck to the Ravens on Sunday
If hes healthy enough to play.... Really if hes still hurt and tries to play he might not go out in the blaze of glory he expects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
the Best Murderer in the Game today.
I ment as in a Murder of Ravens but apparently a group of ravens is called An "Unkindness"
__________________

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry

Last edited by XenoMorph; 01-02-2013 at 04:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-02-2013, 04:43 PM
Storm's Avatar
Storm Storm is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Florence
Posts: 4,168
Rep Points: 5224
Default Re: Ray Lewis to retire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster View Post
He is a legend. I have alot of respect for the man and hope he can continue to be associated with the NFL. That aside his Madden 13 commercials with Paul Rudd are hilarious
I wonder how much respect Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar have for him?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.