Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 12-29-2012, 01:06 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2754
Default KSU Prospects, worth your time.

Caution Homer Thread, but you will enjoy

With the Fiesta Bowl coming up I know a lot of you will have your eyes on some of the Oregon players. I thought I would give some Kansas State players to keep an eye on. You won't find tape on most of these guys cause we don't play in a big market or the SEC. But this group of seniors almost went to the national championship and won the Big 12. Coach Snyder also produces good young men as well and does not put up with divas or jerks.

I watched every snap of every game, these are my thoughts.

Please watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RwjKQLaI1o

# 4 Arthur Brown - 6-1 230. (2nd Rnd projection) Played MLB here but projects as a OLB in the NFL. Will be in the Senior Bowl as well. Brown is truly a side line to side line player, a sure tackler and good in coverage. KSU runs a pro style D similar to a Tampa 2. I think he would make a great nickle LB.

As much as I would like to have this guy I think his size will limit him in the pros, he may get the dreaded tweener lablel. Brother Bryce plays for PHI.

# 3 Chris Harper - 6'1 228 WR. (4th/5th projection) Will also be at Senior Bowl. Harper has gotten better in every game he has played. He always seems to come up with the clutch catch and bullies CB on contested throws. Is a ferocius blocker on running plays and when he has the ball in his hands he uses his size to get extra yards. Seen as a slot/one speed guy but has the ability to get down field, 15 YPC. Also had Klien as his QB in a run first offense. This is a guy if there in the 5th could be a steal. Starts right away as a gunner and ST guy. Would be a great guy to have in the slot behind Sanu.

# 24 Nigel Malone 5-10 185 CB. (7th projection) One word solid. Played against some good WR's (K.Wright, Blackmon,T.Auston, Stills, etc.) through his two years and played very well. 7 ints his JR year, 5 this year. Plays bigger then he is and sticks his nose in on running plays, 58 Tckls JR year, 48 SR year. Not going to run real fast, but is always around the ball. If he played for Georgia, Alabama, he would have a 2/3rd round grade in my opinion. Charles Davis pointed him as a sleeper in this years draft. Like him late and for sure as a UDFA.

#42 Meshak Williams DE 6-3 245 (7th round projection) 36 tckls, 9.5 sacks 3FF this year 7 sacks last year. MeSACK is a try hard guy, undersized for a DE and not athletic enough for a LB. However his sacks came against FCS schools, sacked Geno Smith 2.5 times. Got to RGIII last year as well. Worth a look as a UDFA.

#37 Braden Wilson FB 6-3 254 (6/7th round projection) A giant fullback, that is Wilson. He has paved the way for Daniel Thomas, Klien, and other KSU RB's. Rated as Kipers best FB, Braden is a bulldozer and tough when lead blocking. Also more nimble then you would think for a FB, strictly a lead blocker (137 yards in his career) but is a dieing breed. Worth a look as a 7th rounder or UDFA, another ST guy for sure.

Hope you enjoyed, cheer on the CATS in the Fiesta Bowl cause their gonna need it.

Last edited by D's Nuts and Bolts; 01-03-2013 at 01:01 AM.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:11 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 40176
Default Re: KSU Prospects, worth your time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's Nuts and Bolts View Post

# 3 Chris Harper - 6'1 228 WR. (4th/5th Projetion) Will also be at Senior Bowl. Harper has gotten better in every game he has played. He always seems to come up with the clutch catch and bullies CB on contested throws. Is a ferocius blocker on running plays and when he has the ball in his hands he uses his size to get extra yards. Seen as a slot/one speed guy but has the ability to get down field, 15 YPC. Also had Klien as his QB in a run first offense. This is a guy if there in the 5th could be a steal. Starts right away as a gunner and ST guy. Would be a great guy to have in the slot behind Sanu.
Big fan of Harper; however, I see him as more of an outside threat than a slot guy. Terrific athelete. Started College career as the QB at Oregon.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:15 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 496

Where do you project Colin Klien?
I think hes alot better than Tebow yet he always draws that comparison.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:43 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
Big fan of Harper; however, I see him as more of an outside threat than a slot guy. Terrific athelete. Started College career as the QB at Oregon.
I was going to add that but I could go on for days about this team. The community is really proud of KSU. I think he could replace Tate on the roster for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBlesmiley View Post
I think hes alot better than Tebow yet he always draws that comparison.
I figured most knew about Klien, I worked on the OP for an hour, had to stop somewhere, lol.

Klien has improved ever year and is a better passer then what people think.
Here is a prediction, Chip Kelly goes to PHI drafts Klien in the 4th and away they go with that offense in the NFL.

I had pics of all the players but there not showing up, I thought the vid had some good shots of the boys.

Last edited by D's Nuts and Bolts; 12-29-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:43 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 40176

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBlesmiley View Post
Old 12-29-2012, 02:23 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
LOL, Maybe so. Last year I would yell at him to stop throwing please.

Unlike a lot of other college athelets he got his degree in finance and is working on a masters. I'm guessing he will be ok if he doesn't make it at the next level.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:24 PM
Veteran Member

Fiesta Bowl is tomorrow! Thought I would bump for bowl, Bfine will probably make one too.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:27 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1340

Arthur Brown will be a solid LB in the NFL. Plays bigger than his size, holds up well at the point of attack, and good in coverage. Very strong, Good speed. A solid 2nd round pick, hopefully by Cincy.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:35 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3r3e3 View Post
Arthur Brown will be a solid LB in the NFL. Plays bigger than his size, holds up well at the point of attack, and good in coverage. Very strong, Good speed. A solid 2nd round pick, hopefully by Cincy.
Really am interested to see how his offseason goes.

He was my favorite player on the team and I wouldn't be opposed to drafting him. I just don't know if his size and short arms will transition well, I almost wonder if he should stay at MLB.
I also think he doesn't fit what Marvin wants for size in a LB.

Really think he would make a good nickle LB though.

Edit: Just read rotoworlds mock and they have him going in the first to ATL, they have CIN taking Elam but mention Brown to us.
http://www.rotoworld.com/slide/cfb/281/MockDraft2

Last edited by D's Nuts and Bolts; 01-03-2013 at 08:49 AM.