Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:11 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 29
Default Does Anyone Else Hate The Wait?

I have been a lifelong football fan and more importantly a Bengal's fan. I've been lucky enough to have had season tickets since I was born. My family has had them, and never let them go, since the first season when they played at Nippert.

Even when the Bengals were terrible (I grew up through the 90's teams), I would always be excited and pumped for the games every Sunday. The days in between always drove me nuts, they still do to this day, especially now that we are finally putting some winning seasons together. It is even worse this week with a playoff game on the horizon.

Does anyone else feel this way? Can you not wait for Sundays or in this case Saturday for the NFL and most importantly the Bengals to play?

I'd like to invent something that would put me to sleep till Saturday so I didn't have to consciously wait for the game.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:22 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 274
Default Re: Does Anyone Else Hate The Wait?

Yes, honestly I wish sometimes they just made a live stream to practice, I'd have fun watching that lol..
Old 01-03-2013, 04:07 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1285

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyZA View Post
I have been a lifelong football fan and more importantly a Bengal's fan. I've been lucky enough to have had season tickets since I was born. My family has had them, and never let them go, since the first season when they played at Nippert.

Even when the Bengals were terrible (I grew up through the 90's teams), I would always be excited and pumped for the games every Sunday. The days in between always drove me nuts, they still do to this day, especially now that we are finally putting some winning seasons together. It is even worse this week with a playoff game on the horizon.

Does anyone else feel this way? Can you not wait for Sundays or in this case Saturday for the NFL and most importantly the Bengals to play?

I'd like to invent something that would put me to sleep till Saturday so I didn't have to consciously wait for the game.
I think the wait is much worse for us that aren't in the states, and I say this because every sunday I have to wait until 7pm for gametime, while you guys in Ohio can practically just wake up and the game is on shortly, and on this Saturday I have to wait until 1030PM.. AHHH I will be going nuts all day. Not to mention the games that I had to wait until 230 in the morning to Watch and sacrifice my sleep and feel like garbage the next day at work.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:04 AM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffalo View Post
I think the wait is much worse for us that aren't in the states, and I say this because every sunday I have to wait until 7pm for gametime, while you guys in Ohio can practically just wake up and the game is on shortly, and on this Saturday I have to wait until 1030PM.. AHHH I will be going nuts all day. Not to mention the games that I had to wait until 230 in the morning to Watch and sacrifice my sleep and feel like garbage the next day at work.
Yeah the late night games truly **** to stay up for. The Thursday night ones kick off at 1:30am where I am. Then I have to get up for work at 6am. Saturday is going to be a long day of nervous excitement to say the least.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:40 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18752

I love the wait. You get a chance to relish the week. Fans of teams that are not in the playoffs, like the Squealer fans. They want this week to be over quick, heck they want the whole playoffs to be over quick and they can't wait for the draft and next season. Me, I can wait every second and enjoy that my team is in the playoffs and 20 other teams are not.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:57 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 11094

Usually, I cannot stand it from Wednesday to Sunday. Monday and Tuesday are relish/recover time for me. I actually am enjoying this week though because I have to get my bathroom refinished by Saturday so I can relieve myself during commercials. Back to work.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:03 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8908

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyZA View Post

I bet you're thinking God the Bengals play the first playoff game on Saturday and not the late game on Sunday, lol. I hate watching other teams play while waiting for the Bengals, HATE IT!

The week leading up to the game though isn't so bad for me, but Gameday is a different story. I stay up late on Friday night, hoping I can sleep through the morning, but it never works. It don't matter what time I go to bed, I can't sleep longer than 3 hours anyway. I'm usually up 21-22 hours per day anyway, lol.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:54 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1469

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalYankee View Post
I love the wait. You get a chance to relish the week. Fans of teams that are not in the playoffs, like the Squealer fans. They want this week to be over quick, heck they want the whole playoffs to be over quick and they can't wait for the draft and next season. Me, I can wait every second and enjoy that my team is in the playoffs and 20 other teams are not.
Whoa, I feel exactly the same. In fact I wouldn't mind if we were one of the teams getting a bye this week.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:57 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 12559

Antsy as well.

But is much easier watching my Cards beat the puddycats in basketball.

Then put a beat down on the Gators in "The Big Easy" in Lou Orleans.

Geaux Cards !

and now it is time for "Houston We Have a Problem".

Go Bengals ! Who-Dey! and
Old 01-03-2013, 08:01 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 12559

Quote:
Originally Posted by need2mellowout View Post
Whoa, I feel exactly the same. In fact I wouldn't mind if we were one of the teams getting a bye this week.
Think every Bengals fan shares this sentiment.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:40 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2653

No way do I hate the wait, but I'm 40-years old. In 1988, I couldn't wait for the playoff games, but what I didn't know is playoff games would come decades apart. So now I savor the run up to the games. Read the media coverage, and enjoy the hoopla for a little while.

There's no rush. Just enjoy it.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:48 AM
Administrator

Rep Points: 109858

For me, the 10 days between the Eagles & Steelers games were borderline agonizing, especially after Pittsburgh lost to Dallas setting up a win-and-in scenario for the Bengals. Maybe that built up my anxiety immunity, but it hasn't quite hit me yet this week. I've got a long day of work Friday to keep me distracted. I'm sure I'll be pretty eager once I wake up Saturday morning, but even then I am fortunate enough to have North Dakota State playing in the FCS Championship game leading right into the Bengals game....then it's going to be edge-of-my-seat time. Who Dey!
Old 01-03-2013, 09:25 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 263

Absence makes the heart grow fonder...
Old 01-03-2013, 11:30 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 298

I'm going Bat**** Crazy right now. I cannot even imagine (if we made it to the Superbowl). Pretty sure my wife would kick me outta the house until it was over. So nervous and excited at the same time. If I were an old man I might die of anxiety. There is not near enough media coverage for me.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:34 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6622

Only 53 more hours to go! Just trying to keep myself busy until Saturday and then the world shuts down and doesn't exist until game time.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:35 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5203

Not too bad since the Bengals played last Sunday and the game is an early Saturday game. I am certainly anxious and ready but Saturday will be here before I know it.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:13 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 2354

I can't wait myself..last year I did not have a good feeling about the playoffs but this year I feel so much more confident in this team..Plus the Texans are slumping!!!!!!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 12:16 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 39065

It's brutal.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:10 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar View Post
I bet you're thinking God the Bengals play the first playoff game on Saturday and not the late game on Sunday, lol. I hate watching other teams play while waiting for the Bengals, HATE IT!

The week leading up to the game though isn't so bad for me, but Gameday is a different story. I stay up late on Friday night, hoping I can sleep through the morning, but it never works. It don't matter what time I go to bed, I can't sleep longer than 3 hours anyway. I'm usually up 21-22 hours per day anyway, lol.

You hit the nail on the head. I was very happy that they had the first game on Saturday so I didn't have to wait the extra day.

Although, I can understand both sides of the coin. Those that enjoy to relish the week of media coverage leading up to the playoff game, especially since it hadn't happened all that often up until recently.

Oh well, just about 45 hours until game-time.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:39 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3877

Quote:
Originally Posted by V_WhoDey View Post
If I were an old man I might die of anxiety.
Actually, one of the benefits of age is calming down.

When I was young, I couldn't understand why the dinosaurs drove so slowly, since they had so little time left. Seriously.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:05 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going_Green View Post
Yes, honestly I wish sometimes they just made a live stream to practice, I'd have fun watching that lol..
I'm honestly a little surprised they haven't put together team specific channels yet....eventually it will happen, I'm sure.