Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 01-02-2013, 03:07 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1175
Default Re: How do you feel about guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalRugby View Post
This really paints a picture that I need to stop drinking...
It also makes me think what these stats looks like back in the 70s or 80s.

I was told it was a lot more common back then to see shootings in a bars.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:32 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 36265

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICKYSHUFFLE View Post
Oh you mean biased like Most major media outlets? I mean why wouldn't they be when they are owned by like three people...
Before this gets twisted around and blown WAY out of proportion, I take everything with a grain of salt no matter who the info comes from.
Just for a well known example Germany before WW2
You mean the lessening of firearm restrictions leading up to WWII from the strict laws that were mandatory to be passed because of the Treaty of Versailles?
Old 01-02-2013, 10:53 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1823

Quote:
Again, WhoDeyJon has claimed his wife can't fire ANY shotgun.
No I didn't.

Quote:
I've seen children who weigh approx. 60-80 lbs who can fire shotguns safely.
Can all of them? No. And you know that.

Quote:
Despite what WhoDeyJon claims, unless his wife has a physical or mental disability, I know she can fire a shotgun.
Oh yes, she can fire one, but that hasn't been what we were discussing this entire thread.
to preach to the Gentiles
the unfathomable riches of Christ" (Ephesians 3:8)

Old 01-02-2013, 10:56 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
If a 60-80 lbs child whose age isn't even into double digits can safely fire a .410 shotgun, so can your wife.

You can deny it all you want.

I don't believe you.

Period.
You're allowed to be wrong. This thread has proven that.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:06 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 6791

Quote:
If you see something "a lot" of times wouldn't be what you USUALLY see?
Same thing but I didn't go into specifics for you.

You could watch a single girl and a shotgun USUALLY not mix. That doesn't mean you have watched A LOT of girls and shotguns usually not mix. Do you understand the difference between quantity and frequency?

Well with all the insults you have been throwing around it is hard to take it as sarcasm. And I believe I have been respectfully stating my opinion this whole time until I got tired of your repeated insults that I called you dingnut in a post. SORRY

Let's review...

Quote:
And my "dainty little hands" are pretty capable of putting a hurting on smug little pricks when they have to.
Is calling me smug little ***** and threatening me an example of your respectful opinion?

Can you explain the difference between assault and battery?

Thank you for proving my point.

Your point was girls and shotguns usually don't mix. I showed you it isn't just limited to girls and shotguns.

There you go making assumptions. With your training you think people can be trained to properly shoot a gun as do I but, that doesn't mean THEY will be up for it.
If he told you his wife can't shoot handguns because she can't shoot a Desert Eagle, would you believe him?

If he told you his wife can't shoot rifles because she can't shoot a .300 win mag, would you believe him?

Or would you know better?

So now they are jokes? Jokes you were using to try and discredit my opinion?

What was that you wrote about smug little pricks? And how your hands could put a hurting on them?

I am not concerned about passing a ATF check as I already have to purchase my guns, but I am concerned that they will make outrageous regulations where even you wouldn't pass.(Since you say your such a great person)

If you're not worried about the ATF checks then why do you keep suggesting people may not be able to pass the ATF checks?

I stated I was a law abiding citizen with nothing to fear or hide from law enforcement agencies. I never made any overt or covert statement about me being "such a great person." Any expressed opinion about my greatness is strictly your own and doesn't necessarily reflect my opinion. In my opinion, being a law abiding citizens is the norm and not worthy of being praised as "such a great person." I guess you are applying your community starndard while I am applying mine.

To the same argument you used against my opinions, this is pure speculation. She got a somewhat less restricted passed before why not now?

So her proposal didn't get passed without compromises and grandfather clauses? Thanks for admitting I was correct.

I know it is done yearly, I guess I should have said the parts that Obama had put in that any citizen could be arrested indefinitely and sent to a prison anywhere in the world, without trial. Obama first denied it was in there, then said if it passed he wouldn't sign it but quickly signed it and pushed it through.

Where have you been? Ever heard of the Patriot Act signed into law by President Bush in 2001? It allows the same thing. I'm totalling against suspending habeas corpus, but you need to point fingers at both the administrations.

Like I said I feel I have been respectfully stating my opinion. I wouldn't have thought you were so soft with all the insults you have been slinging around.

Quote:
And my "dainty little hands" are pretty capable of putting a hurting on smug little pricks when they have to.
I think a tough guy threatening others and calling them smug little pricks would have the mental toughness and intestinal fortitude to take it as well as dish it out. I'm sorry I made fun of your GED after you threatened me and called me a smug little *****. I'll try not to bruise your delicate ego in the future.

Are you sure you were saying that? I am pretty sure you said someone couldn't go and buy a tank. WELL, there you go.....And stop it with the shipping!!! If someone has the $ for a TANK I don't think the cost of getting it here is an issue. I'm fairly sure there might be a few already in the country that could be picked up.
Those links I found were from all of 2 minutes of a Google search. I figured you wouldn't have been talking out of your *** on this since you "know" so much.

I'm sure my shipping and handling statement was a facetious. Do you have an international import certificate approved by the Bureau of Industry and Security at the Department of Commerce, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms at the Department of the Treasury, or the Office of Munitions Control at the US Department of State? Then you can't bring your Soviet T-72 tank into the country.

I don't disagree with background checks for all gun sales(even I know it's all about the tax money since the majority of gun sales are private) BUT I absolutely disagree with bans. and I don't think someone should have to go through all the checks and pay the taxes on certain guns that the original AWB and the new one want to require.

So you agree with background checks but you disagree with all the checks? Even though you've previously stated if you go through all the checks "you're proven to be one of the most level headed law abiding citizens in the country." And show anywhere I've stated support for a total ban.
Same deal as before.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyJon View Post
I ask again, why would they want guns registered?
I'm registered, certified, and licensed by the NCCPA, the DEA, and my state's Medical Board.

Why?

Your safety.

I don't live in fear someone is going to confiscate my stethoscope.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
HE BOUGHT THE GUN LEGALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY SHOULD HE HAVE TO MODIFY IT!!!!!!!!!!
Is that clear enough for you?
Seat belt laws weren't in effect when I started driving. Now they are. Laws change. You comply with the law or pay the consequence.

Is that clear enough for you?

Quote:
What if the government said that you have to do Xthing to your car or you will be charged with a felony? It was on the car when you bought it and there wasn't any law against it. So would you be happy about having to shell out cash for that or be a felon? Or would you be ****** because you already spent a lot just to get the thing to begin with, and now you have to spend more or go to jail.
If you bought a NASCAR race car can you drive it on the highway legally?

Quote:
Why does the type or similarity matter. They had guns already and there wasn't a law against it so they are ALLOWED to have them.
And in some examples they banned them from having sharp objects and certain farming tools. I really wish you would watch the video instead of skipping through or watching the first couple minutes.
So you don't understand why it matters if we are discussing an elected democracy or a totalitarian communist regime?

If you don't understand, I'm not going to take the time to explain it.

Quote:
You don't think that evil power hungry people like the ones who have done these atrocities would want to take over the most powerful country in the world?
Yes, I do. That's why we have three branches to the Federal government to act as checks and balances to prevent that from happening.

Quote:
You don't think that some of the high power government officials couldn't be similar to unsuspecting people like the Aurora shooter, Mcveigh, Lanza, e.t.c.
What I mean is, most people who knew these people would tell you they never thought they could blow up a federal building, Shoot up a movie theater, kill a bunch of kids.
I'm sure there are elected officials that have mental health issues.

Quote:
You say we need to restrict guns because of people like this but don't think that there could be Evil people like this holding high power jobs in the government.
There aren't enough of these people in office to get a majority on any issue. Otherwise, they would legalize murder so they could satisfy their blood lust. Or pass laws to legalize the genocide of certain groups you're certain will happen if you only have a 10 round magazine instead of a 15 round magazine.

Quote:
That love launching Drone strikes that kill 200 innocent people at a wedding for ONE person that was attending a wedding. Where is the outcry for that?
"Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out."

Your typical gun nut gets morning wood watching these types of stories on Fox News.

Your paranoia is off the hook.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
No I didn't.

Can all of them? No. And you know that.

Oh yes, she can fire one, but that hasn't been what we were discussing this entire thread.
HALLELUJAH!!!

And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free!!! John 8:32

It has been a part of the discussion since you claimed she couldn't even hold a shotgun. Then you changed your statement to say she couldn't hold one comfortably. Then you changed your statement to say she couldn't hold a 12 gauge comfortably. Then she couldn't hold a 12 gauge with a shorter barrel comfortably. Blah, blah, blah.

There are shotguns and shotgun loads specifically designed for women and children. If a child who has a smaller frame and is weaker than your adult wife can handle one of these shotguns safely and effectively, so can your wife. There's not a doubt in my military mind.

Your original statement is akin to stating she can't shoot a .22 rifle or pistol because she can't fire a .300 win mag or Desert Eagle. I know better.

Quote:
You're allowed to be wrong. This thread has proven that.
See above.

You're allowed to be obstinate, but I knew eventually you would begrudgingly admit the truth. Now fly back to your flock of pigeons to claim your victory.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:59 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
HALLELUJAH!!!

And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free!!! John 8:32

It has been a part of the discussion since you claimed she couldn't even hold a shotgun.
Oh really? Show me where I said she can't "fire" a shotgun. Go on. I'll wait.

Quote:
Then you changed your statement to say she couldn't hold one comfortably. Then you changed your statement to say she couldn't hold a 12 gauge comfortably. Then she couldn't hold a 12 gauge with a shorter barrel comfortably. Blah, blah, blah.
The only thing that was changed was clarifying for you that she could not safely handle a 12 gauge shotgun. Clarifying. Just like you will need to do with the "fire" statement above.

Quote:
There are shotguns and shotgun loads specifically designed for women and children. If a child who has a smaller frame and is weaker than your adult wife can handle one of these shotguns safely and effectively, so can your wife. There's not a doubt in my military mind.
Awesome. Thanks for that.

Quote:
You're allowed to be obstinate, but I knew eventually you would begrudgingly admit the truth.
And we're back to you still not getting it. I thought we were making progress too.

Quote:
Now fly back to your flock of pigeons to claim your victory.
Oh, that definitely wasn't quoted correctly.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:00 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
I'm registered, certified, and licensed by the NCCPA, the DEA, and my state's Medical Board.

Why?

Your safety.

I don't live in fear someone is going to confiscate my stethoscope.
Registering guns makes me safer?

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-03-2013, 09:22 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Location: In my profile being forced to remove the dumbness...LOL
Rep Points: 29193

What I have learned from this thread:

Either:

1. Whodeyjohn is not familiar with his gun enough to give his wife the right load so she will feel comfortable shooting off his gun.

or

2. Whodeyjohn is familiar enough with his gun to provide the right load so she will feel comfortable shooing off his gun, but is too lazy to do so.

Either way it is clear that Whodeyjohn does not give his wife the right load.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
You violate the CoC when you discriminate against gender.
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:27 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCitySouth View Post
What I have learned from this thread:

Either:

1. Whodeyjohn is not familiar with his gun enough to give his wife the right load so she will feel comfortable shooting off his gun.

or

2. Whodeyjohn is familiar enough with his gun to provide the right load so she will feel comfortable shooing off his gun, but is too lazy to do so.

Either way it is clear that Whodeyjohn does not give his wife the right load.

Wow. (I have to admit I lol'd)

But, still wrong.

And spell my name correctly next time buddy!

Old 01-03-2013, 09:29 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:

Wow. (I have to admit I lol'd)

Intention

Quote:
But, still wrong.
Jokes only need to be partially correct.

Quote:
And spell my name correctly next time buddy!
No

Quote:
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:38 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:

Jokes only need to be partially correct.
Well you got the WhoDey part right.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:02 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Well you got the WhoDey part right.
From what I understand the punch line was prety correct as well...

Quote:
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Old 01-03-2013, 10:51 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 486

I would rather die in a shootout than live armed.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:09 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 35467

Quote:
Originally Posted by joliecat View Post
I would rather die in a shootout than live armed.
***** to be you.... Have fun being Dead.

I would rather have the OPTION to arm myself if i chose that to have a bunch of idiots in washington tell me i have no option.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:13 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23352

Old 01-03-2013, 11:28 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8796

I have an M-14 I bought legally from Target World in 1989. I use it for game hunting where rifles are allowed. It is locked in a safe in my basement. All three of my teenage daughters know how to fire the weapon, but none of them have the key to the safe. I have proudly watched all three of them drop feral hogs in Texas and my oldest got her first elk two years ago (age 15) from 800 yards.

The person holding the weapon is much more dangerous than the weapon alone.

ALL IN FOR ANDY
Old 01-03-2013, 11:46 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 36265

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalRugby View Post
What's funny about this is that he was actually loosening the gun restrictions in Germany.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:18 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 28443

With my hands.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:19 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6999

When it comes to mandating gun registration, one should know the laws that currently exist and are unlikely to change. Six states in the union have banned gun registration altogether, and the Federal Government is prohibited from creating and or maintaining a National gun registry by two seperate Congressional Acts, one of which is the Brady Bill. So irrespective of what this or that feller thinks is a super idea, you can forget the inolvement of the Feds and at least six states.

October 24, 1937
Crosley Field in Cincinnati, Ohio
Los Angeles Bulldogs at Cincinnati Bengals

Last edited by Sher Khan; 01-03-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:38 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sher Khan View Post
When it comes to mandating gun registration, one should know the laws that currently exist and are unlikely to change. Six states in the union have banned gun registration altogether, and the Federal Government is prohibited from creating and or maintaining a National gun registry by two seperate Congressional Acts, one of which is the Brady Bill. So irrespective of what this or that feller thinks is a super idea, you can forget the inolvement of the Feds and at least six states.
Oh..No..no..no..no...Have you not been reading...Hitler, Mao, and Pol Pot are combining forces to make this happen...along with confiscation and then later Genocide...Right. Here. In. River. City.

Please try to keep up. It's post like this that make me question your ability to read the tea leaves.

Quote:
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Old 01-03-2013, 02:40 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6999

Quote:
Oh..No..no..no..no...Have you not been reading...Hitler, Mao, and Pol Pot are combining forces to make this happen...along with confiscation and then later Genocide...Right. Here. In. River. City.

Please try to keep up. It's post like this that make me question your ability to read the tea leaves.
How in the world did you leave Obama out of all that? You obviously have not been to any book burning ceremonies lately. The Bergermeister will not be pleased...

October 24, 1937
Crosley Field in Cincinnati, Ohio
Los Angeles Bulldogs at Cincinnati Bengals

Old 01-03-2013, 02:42 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sher Khan View Post
How in the world did you leave Obama out of all that? You obviously have not been to any book burning ceremonies lately. The Bergermeister will not be pleased...
What do you mean?...I didn't leave Hitler out of it?...

Quote:

Quote:
This in responce to MS:

Quote: