Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 01-02-2013, 04:58 PM
VCU Rams's Avatar
VCU Rams VCU Rams is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 16,119
Rep Points: 79040
Default Re: Smoking (cigarettes) was so 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
Okay ?

Are people quiting because they want to for better health?

Or because of the Extra $60 or so a month on your insurrance?
haha i debate quitting every time its enrollment time...
__________________
2013 AFCN Champions
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-02-2013, 05:17 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 30,734
Rep Points: 27439
Default Re: Smoking (cigarettes) was so 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCU Rams View Post
haha i debate quitting every time its enrollment time...
I dont get it... The government taxes us enough when we buy the cigeretes. now the Government Insurrance is Taxing us for smoking them...


You need to be Taxing Fast food....
__________________

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-03-2013, 07:50 AM
Go Cards's Avatar
Go Cards Go Cards is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: In Baseball Mode
Posts: 3,305
Rep Points: 7708
Default Re: Smoking (cigarettes) was so 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
You can quit, but only if you really want to quit.

I quit 17 yrs ago. It was really tough for me, but I had a reason for wanting to quit. I kept that reason in my mind, every time that I wanted to give in.

This is exactly right from my experience as well. Smoked for 24 years but quit 1999. You have to really want to, because it is a battle, and not an easy one. Used a reason as well (kids) and any time I wanted to, I would remind myself how hard it was to get to this point, 1 day, 1 week,1 month, or whatever. Then remind myself how hard it was to get to this point and that I did not want to start over. It gets easier every day. But takes still awhile.

But well worth it once achieved. Good Luck to anybody trying to quit.
__________________
Living the Dream ! Albeit periodically it becomes a nightmare, but it is still "the dream".
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-03-2013, 07:51 AM
GreenDragon's Avatar
GreenDragon GreenDragon is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 4,630
Rep Points: 3270
Default Re: Smoking (cigarettes) was so 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helldog View Post
So who knuckled down and hasn't smoked one yet besides me?

I ran out of smokes before mid night on new years eve so I was like **** it, must be a sign.

First time I've quit that I actually feel like I don't need one. It's odd but I better do more cardio stuff at the gym because everything looks delicious
I haven't!

Does it still count that I'm a non-smoker?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-03-2013, 08:05 AM
Helldog's Avatar
Helldog Helldog is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: #teamdawton
Posts: 4,208
Rep Points: 7038
Default Re: Smoking (cigarettes) was so 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDragon View Post
I haven't!

Does it still count that I'm a non-smoker?
Claim : Denied.



3 days strong
__________________
OTHC

#OfficialTaterHaterClub #President
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 01-03-2013, 12:14 PM
RumbleCat RumbleCat is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,019
Rep Points: 6467
Default Re: Smoking (cigarettes) was so 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler Eater View Post


Have you tried the pills? My wife's grandparents quit with some kind of pills that reduce the urge big time.
Probably Chantix. I've heard too many bad things about that stuff. One side affect is thoughts of suicide, and since I've already tried suicide 3 times, the doctor and I nixed that idea.

Last edited by RumbleCat; 01-03-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-03-2013, 12:15 PM
RumbleCat RumbleCat is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,019
Rep Points: 6467
Default Re: Smoking (cigarettes) was so 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
Some people swear by chewing gum, but when I quit I just ****** a **** every time I got a craving to smoke. I was able to quit and I also made a lot of my friends happy.
Suddenly, I don't know if I really want to quit.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-03-2013, 12:16 PM
Morning Star Morning Star is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,806
Rep Points: 2354
Default Re: Smoking (cigarettes) was so 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCat View Post
Probably Chantix. I've heard too many bad things about that stuff. One side affect is thoughts of suicide, and since I've already tried 3 times, the doctor and I nixed that idea.
I guess it is easy to quit if you commit suicide..
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-03-2013, 12:20 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 30,734
Rep Points: 27439
Default Re: Smoking (cigarettes) was so 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
The actual physical addiction only takes a couple of days to get over. after that it is just a psychological thing. A big part of it is just habit so you need something to do with your mouth. Some people swear by chewing gum, but when I quit I just ****** a **** every time I got a craving to smoke. I was able to quit and I also made a lot of my friends happy.
i hope that doesnt say what i think it says....

but most people enjoy a smoke after sex too fred...

that will be the hardest cigerette to quit.
__________________

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-03-2013, 12:26 PM
RumbleCat RumbleCat is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,019
Rep Points: 6467
Default Re: Smoking (cigarettes) was so 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
I guess it is easy to quit if you commit suicide..
May I ask why, as a christian, you repped my post and commented lol when I mentioned 3 suicide attempts? I had you on ignore, but that caught my attention, so I took you off of it.

Christians generally find amusement with this?
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-03-2013, 12:30 PM
Morning Star Morning Star is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,806
Rep Points: 2354
Default Re: Smoking (cigarettes) was so 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCat View Post
May I ask why, as a christian, you repped my post and commented lol when I mentioned 3 suicide attempts? I had you on ignore, but that caught my attention, so I took you off of it.

Christians generally find amusement with this?
no, not your attempts..I am glad you are alive..I was reffering to chantix, i think it is better to smoke than deal with those horrible side effects..

I should have been more clear..sorry.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-03-2013, 02:21 PM
RumbleCat RumbleCat is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,019
Rep Points: 6467
Default Re: Smoking (cigarettes) was so 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
no, not your attempts..I am glad you are alive..I was reffering to chantix, i think it is better to smoke than deal with those horrible side effects..

I should have been more clear..sorry.
My bad, I guess I took your comment the wrong way. My apologies. But Chantix has shown to cause suicidal thoughts in some people, especially anyone with any level of depression. So yes, you're right, smoking would be better, and looking for alternative ways to quit.

See, I'm reasonable. Usually.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-03-2013, 02:34 PM
Sher Khan's Avatar
Sher Khan Sher Khan is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,358
Rep Points: 6471
Default Re: Smoking (cigarettes) was so 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCat View Post
My bad, I guess I took your comment the wrong way. My apologies. But Chantix has shown to cause suicidal thoughts in some people, especially anyone with any level of depression. So yes, you're right, smoking would be better, and looking for alternative ways to quit.

See, I'm reasonable. Usually.
Try the gum if you haven't yet. Some people prefer the lozenges and there are those nicotine inhalers. I got so that I liked the gum better than actually smoking. My next trick is to stop chewing the nicotine gum, but at least it helped me quit smoking and that was a miracle. It's going on 4 months now without a smoke.
__________________


October 24, 1937
Crosley Field in Cincinnati, Ohio
Los Angeles Bulldogs at Cincinnati Bengals

Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-03-2013, 02:39 PM
RumbleCat RumbleCat is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,019
Rep Points: 6467
Default Re: Smoking (cigarettes) was so 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sher Khan View Post
Try the gum if you haven't yet. Some people prefer the lozenges and there are those nicotine inhalers. I got so that I liked the gum better than actually smoking. My next trick is to stop chewing the nicotine gum, but at least it helped me quit smoking and that was a miracle. It's going on 4 months now without a smoke.
That does it. I'm going to splurge and get one or the other. My concern is; what happens if I start the lozenges, or gum, and then light up? Nicotine overdoses are probably not fun.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-03-2013, 02:57 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 30,734
Rep Points: 27439
Default Re: Smoking (cigarettes) was so 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCat View Post
That does it. I'm going to splurge and get one or the other. My concern is; what happens if I start the lozenges, or gum, and then light up? Nicotine overdoses are probably not fun.
just dont smoke with a PATCH on... thats bad news
__________________

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 01-03-2013, 02:58 PM
RumbleCat RumbleCat is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,019
Rep Points: 6467
Default Re: Smoking (cigarettes) was so 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
just dont smoke with a PATCH on... thats bad news
Okay. I'm going right now to Mart - Wal, and get some. See you people's later!
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-03-2013, 02:59 PM
Sher Khan's Avatar
Sher Khan Sher Khan is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,358
Rep Points: 6471
Default Re: Smoking (cigarettes) was so 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCat View Post
That does it. I'm going to splurge and get one or the other. My concern is; what happens if I start the lozenges, or gum, and then light up? Nicotine overdoses are probably not fun.
Well you can if you do enough of both I suppose, but from everything the doctors have told me, it is the patch that is the most dangerous to smoke with while using.
__________________


October 24, 1937
Crosley Field in Cincinnati, Ohio
Los Angeles Bulldogs at Cincinnati Bengals

Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-03-2013, 04:11 PM
Jabberwocky Jabberwocky is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Montgomery, Ohio
Posts: 2,367
Rep Points: 5447
Default Re: Smoking (cigarettes) was so 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler Eater View Post
I quite dipping in mid-August... gum is my best friend... Try Stride ID, ****s pretty good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VCU Rams View Post
dude good for you...ive been dipping now for 9 years almost 10,.,..i love the stuff too much

I use nicotine lozenges. I quit dipping two years ago. Although, every time I watch a baseball game or they pan the sidelines of a football game-especially Zimmer-it makes it very difficult not to get in my car and head to the Shell station at the corner.
__________________
DO OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY!


ALL IN FOR ANDY
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-03-2013, 05:47 PM
Go Cards's Avatar
Go Cards Go Cards is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: In Baseball Mode
Posts: 3,305
Rep Points: 7708
Default Re: Smoking (cigarettes) was so 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler Eater View Post
I quite dipping in mid-August... gum is my best friend... Try Stride ID, ****s pretty good.



Have you tried the pills? My wife's grandparents quit with some kind of pills that reduce the urge big time.

Tried this method first. But all the viagra had me humping anything that moved.
__________________
Living the Dream ! Albeit periodically it becomes a nightmare, but it is still "the dream".
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-03-2013, 05:52 PM
VCU Rams's Avatar
VCU Rams VCU Rams is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 16,119
Rep Points: 79040
Default Re: Smoking (cigarettes) was so 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
I use nicotine lozenges. I quit dipping two years ago. Although, every time I watch a baseball game or they pan the sidelines of a football game-especially Zimmer-it makes it very difficult not to get in my car and head to the Shell station at the corner.
dude i know if i quit i literally couldn't step inside any gas stations ever again...
__________________
2013 AFCN Champions
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 01-03-2013, 06:57 PM
Helldog's Avatar
Helldog Helldog is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: #teamdawton
Posts: 4,208
Rep Points: 7038
Default Re: Smoking (cigarettes) was so 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
The actual physical addiction only takes a couple of days to get over. after that it is just a psychological thing. A big part of it is just habit so you need something to do with your mouth. Some people swear by chewing gum, but when I quit I just ****** a **** every time I got a craving to smoke. I was able to quit and I also made a lot of my friends happy.



that's funny as ****

don't give mikey any ideas.
__________________
OTHC

#OfficialTaterHaterClub #President
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01-03-2013, 09:18 PM
RumbleCat RumbleCat is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,019
Rep Points: 6467
Default Re: Smoking (cigarettes) was so 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cards View Post
Tried this method first. But all the viagra had me humping anything that moved.
lol
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01-03-2013, 09:29 PM
RumbleCat RumbleCat is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,019
Rep Points: 6467
Default Re: Smoking (cigarettes) was so 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helldog View Post


that's funny as ****

don't give mikey any ideas.
You guys and your blocked out words can go **** **** *** and **** on my ****ing ***!
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01-04-2013, 09:12 AM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 30,734
Rep Points: 27439
Default Re: Smoking (cigarettes) was so 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCat View Post
You guys and your blocked out words can go **** **** *** and **** on my ****ing ***!
__________________

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 01-04-2013, 11:50 AM
RumbleCat RumbleCat is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,019
Rep Points: 6467
Default Re: Smoking (cigarettes) was so 2012.

I am approaching 24 hours without a cigarette! I'm so excited my nipples are rock hard!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.