Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:51 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25175
Default Re: Xs&Os - Explanation time on Geno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
I don't know your past conversation but I'm guessing it's because you're saying Peko is a NT(which he is). The NT position is most commonly associated with the 3-4 defense.
I know. I just want him to say it.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:53 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
I don't know your past conversation but I'm guessing it's because you're saying Peko is a NT(which he is). The NT position is most commonly associated with the 3-4 defense.
Thanks, but it is more than that.

He posted a couple of articles about DT responsibilities in 3-4 and 4-3, either attempting to confuse himself or me. Nonetheless; regardless of Peko's designation, he lines up in 1 tech and at times in zero tech in the pass game. But that is not the point here.

It is OP's assenine posts and attempts at a ridiculous conversation. This guy is a low charactar individual.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:56 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xs&Os View Post
Thanks, but it is more than that.

He posted a couple of articles about DT responsibilities in 3-4 and 4-3, either attempting to confuse himself or me. Nonetheless; regardless of Peko's designation, he lines up in 1 tech and at times in zero tech in the pass game. But that is not the point here.

It is OP's assenine posts and attempts at a ridiculous conversation. This guy is a low charactar individual.
I never posted anything about a 3-4.
Just about the NT in a 4-3.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:56 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11187

Quote:
And that is fine. But as those projections were wrong about many players who were drafted, so was this projection.
Being designated as undraftable, is harsh. His designation was based on charactar and performance. Thus far, he has done well on both fronts.
Hindsight is always 20/20. Besides, who's to say, if drafted, that Burfict would have turned his life around like he has going undrafted. Who's to say, if drafted, that he would have been given a real chance to compete and prove himself as completely as he did going undrafted and playing on this team.

Bottom line is, any team drafting Burfict would have been tagged as making a bad decision had he gone bad instead of turning into the man and player that he is.

Here's a reality most people forget: What happened under one set of circumstances is never guaranteed to have happened under another set of circumstances. Change anything in the way things transpired in Burfict's life and he could be sitting unemployeed and in jail possibly. Sure, it "might" have also worked out, but you can't say for sure it would have. All we have is the past and what is from which to make judgements.

I feel like he's come along way and grown up substantially BECAUSE he's had to fight everything. Not being drafted was probably the best thing that happened to him.

Mayock was right based on Burfict's history. That's what you're denying.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:02 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalzHacker View Post
Hindsight is always 20/20. Besides, who's to say, if drafted, that Burfict would have turned his life around like he has going undrafted. Who's to say, if drafted, that he would have been given a real chance to compete and prove himself as completely as he did going undrafted and playing on this team.

Bottom line is, any team drafting Burfict would have been tagged as making a bad decision had he gone bad instead of turning into the man and player that he is.

Here's a reality most people forget: What happened under one set of circumstances is never guaranteed to have happened under another set of circumstances. Change anything in the way things transpired in Burfict's life and he could be sitting unemployeed and in jail possibly. Sure, it "might" have also worked out, but you can't say for sure it would have. All we have is the past and what is from which to make judgements.

I feel like he's come along way and grown up substantially BECAUSE he's had to fight everything. Not being drafted was probably the best thing that happened to him.

Mayock was right based on Burfict's history. That's what you're denying.
To say that he was right, is to say that Burfict put his Team in a compromise based on performance or charactar. He did not.
Again, designating a player as undraftable, is a very harsh.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:04 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
Your post included a paragraph about DT responsibility in both. You either don't understand or deliberately are attempting to create misdirection. I gave you the benefit of the doubt and stated that you don't understand.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:05 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Your post included a paragraph about DT responsibility in both. You either don't understand or deliberately are attempting to create misdirection. I gave you the benefit of the doubt and stated that you don't understand.
If I was showing the responsibility in both, where is the confusion you are having?
Besides you said my chart in here was showing a 3-4.....
Old 01-03-2013, 09:05 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
To say that he was right, is to say that Burfict put his Team in a compromise based on performance or charactar. He did not.
And yet, it's exactly what happened. He was undrafted. Mayock didn't mean he'd lost a leg, he meant no one would risk a draft pick (and thus the negative publicity) on him and they didn't.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:06 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2423

Quote:
And that is fine. But as those projections were wrong about many players who were drafted, so was this projection.
Being designated as undraftable, is harsh. His designation was based on charactar and performance. Thus far, he has done well on both fronts.
Yea but Mayock isn't from the future he was making the projections based on his performance and interviews in the past and pre draft. Just because he has done well so far doesnt mean Mayock was wrong at the time given the things Burfict showed.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:07 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 73607

I haven't learned anything from this guy yet. When does the schooling start?
Old 01-03-2013, 09:07 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
I have enjoyed this shouting match. Thank you for providing a break in this civilized redundancy with your incoherent redundancies. I have decided that an intelligent conversation with you is pointless, thus I will resort to your sensibilities (or lack thereof) in the future.
It is 9PM, so good night.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:09 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24295
bengals Re: Xs&Os - Explanation time on Geno

Quote:
You really are delusional.

Provide a single shred of evidence available at the time of the draft that would indicate that Mayock or 32 NFL teams were wrong in their assessment at that time. Or provide a single shred of evidence that would point to his performance on the field this season.

Fourth time you have been asked and have as of yet to produce such evidence. What do you not get that here and now was not relevant last April? For someone claiming such knowledge you are sure having a tough time grasping the simplest of points.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:09 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoxyod View Post
I haven't learned anything from this guy yet. When does the schooling start?
What can you learn from me, with all the film that you watch?
Old 01-03-2013, 09:10 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
You really are delusional.

Provide a single shred of evidence available at the time of the draft that would indicate that Mayock or 32 NFL teams were wrong in their assessment at that time. Or provide a single shred of evidence that would point to his performance on the field this season.

Fourth time you have been asked and have as of yet to produce such evidence. What do you not get that here and now was not relevant last April? For someone claiming such knowledge you are sure having a tough time grasping the simplest of points.
You are back. Are you and the OP the same person?
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones4980 View Post
Yea but Mayock isn't from the future he was making the projections based on his performance and interviews in the past and pre draft. Just because he has done well so far doesnt mean Mayock was wrong at the time given the things Burfict showed.
He cannot grasp the concept that here and now is not relevant to last April.
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
I have enjoyed this shouting match. Thank you for providing a break in this civilized redundancy with your incoherent redundancies. I have decided that an intelligent conversation with you is pointless, thus I will resort to your sensibilities (or lack thereof) in the future.
It is 9PM, so good night.
Well when you actually talk about something and not just assault my character, we can have a good chat.

You keep saying "You don't know...." yet you then fail to prove anything or provide evidence to the contrary.
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
You are back. Are you and the OP the same person?
Just answer the simple question.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:11 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
What can you learn from me, with all the film that you watch?
You keep saying others should watch film. What film access do you have to learn all this?
Old 01-03-2013, 09:14 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
He cannot grasp the concept that here and now is not relevant to last April.
Why do fans get upset when a first, second or third round pick busts? Can one not argue that those picks were based on then, with no bearing on now? In those cases, the HC or GM gets blasted for the pick.
If you make your decision on the past, based on your thoughts, you can argue any issues that arise in the future and divest yourself of the responsibility.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:15 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
You keep saying others should watch film. What film access do you have to learn all this?
NFL.com. High end zone angle. Watch it. It helps.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:16 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
NFL.com. High end zone angle. Watch it. It helps.
Will it make me as smart as you?
Old 01-03-2013, 09:18 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalzHacker View Post
And yet, it's exactly what happened. He was undrafted. Mayock didn't mean he'd lost a leg, he meant no one would risk a draft pick (and thus the negative publicity) on him and they didn't.
Cool, case closed. No more irrational arguments on this!
Old 01-03-2013, 09:19 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
No. You need 12 years of college for that.

But you will see the difference in the run game before and after Sims. You will see that Peko gets doubled in the run game. You will see that the MIKE is clean when Sims and Peko are in the run call. You will see that runs between tackles after Sims returning is trmendously improved.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:19 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 184

Too many things to comment on i;ll just go over what I remember..

1. As said by others, both the 3-4 and 4-3 can have Nose tackles. In the 3-4 it is more commen and is one players sole responsibility. See: Vince Wilfork

2. Reguarding double teams. I have to agree with X's on this. The offense is the only team dictating who is doubled. The defense no has control over who dooubles as they dont know the blocking assignments.

3. What one of the posters was misunderstanding was this, X's wasn't talking about the Guards letting the DT go, he was saying that the Guards were realeasing onto the Mike. Which is exactly what the offense wants, and the defense doesnt want. In general, the Dline mens job is to let your backers flow freely to the ball. Thats also usually why your LBs lead the team in tackles. Now thats just in general, there are MANY different schemes and specifics in additiont.

4. As to drafting VB, there are a lot of people who get paid a lot of money to tell teams who to draft and who isnt worth it. I may consider myself a knowledgable fan, but there comes a point where even I have to say... there are people who get paid to do a job,experts, and they must know something I dont. In this day in age where everyone is willing to risk bad PO for wining if the guy was draftable then he would of been drafted. Too many people willing to take total shots in the dark, for overnight success. See: Lawrence Phillips

Last edited by CincySin21; 01-03-2013 at 09:22 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:21 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7812

Quote:
That's impossible.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi