Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:02 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17703
Default Fresh off the Press!!!!

Old 01-03-2013, 08:15 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 295
Default Re: Fresh off the Press!!!!

It seems like the steelers already won.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:24 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 2354

that baby outfit is so cute!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-04-2013, 12:17 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16702

As a Steeler fan, I love it when Bengal fans define themselves by their hate for the Steelers because it is a reminder that defining themselves by their own team's accomplishments over the years would be depressing.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:38 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7076

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS-Steelerfan View Post
As a Steeler fan, I love it when Bengal fans define themselves by their hate for the Steelers because it is a reminder that defining themselves by their own team's accomplishments over the years would be depressing.

As a Bengals fan, I love it when Steelers fan define themselves by their past because it is a reminder that defining themselves by this years performance would be depressing.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:55 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 700

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalYankee View Post

Even as a bengals fan, i see those shirts as proof that the steelers org is in our heads and that we have an inferiority complex
Old 01-04-2013, 01:08 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 10716

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalbobZilla View Post
Even as a bengals fan, i see those shirts as proof that the steelers org is in our heads and that we have an inferiority complex
Could it possibly be more obvious that you are a Steeler's fan posing as a Bengals fan?
Old 01-04-2013, 01:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispy View Post
Could it possibly be more obvious that you are a Steeler's fan posing as a Bengals fan?
Huh? because I find those shirts tacky?

stay classy
Old 01-04-2013, 01:13 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Huh? because I find those shirts tacky?

stay classy
No, just basing it on several of your posts I've seen. Nothing I said would be classified as unclassy....
Old 01-04-2013, 01:15 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Location: rfaulk34 is dumb, BTB is dumber...However Neek is the Mt. Everest of dumb….
Rep Points: 28338

Quote:
I'm reminded of the oft thrown around comment made by many Bengal Fans to Steelers players and fans alike.

"Act like you've been there."

However I do enjoy watching the insecurities of Bengal Fans play out. You would never catch me wearing a shirt that had another AFCN teams name on it, no matter how disparaging you feel it is to that team...Shows inferiority towards that team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
You violate the CoC when you discriminate against gender.
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
No, just basing it on several of your posts I've seen. Nothing I said would be classified as unclassy....
No I'm just realistic about this team, and the recent trend of them to fail in the playoffs when they seldom get here, and to break the fan's hearts by giving them hope that [insert year] will be different

sorry that doesnt line up with your rose colored "bengals are the best team evar!"

That shirt is right up there with Suggs' shirt "you beat your *** i hate the steelers", seeing as that came about out of mere jealousy....its stupid and tacky, no matter who does it, and im sure you would be laughing if pitt decided to do one or if the suggs did one based on the bengals

Last edited by BengalbobZilla; 01-04-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:27 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCitySouth View Post
I'm reminded of the oft thrown around comment made by many Bengal Fans to Steelers players and fans alike.

"Act like you've been there."

However I do enjoy watching the insecurities of Bengal Fans play out. You would never catch me wearing a shirt that had another AFCN teams name on it, no matter how disparaging you feel it is to that team...Shows inferiority towards that team.
Oh, I understand that but some people take their fanhood too serious sometimes which would make them wear these. I wouldn't wear any of those but if I would it would be mainly to irritate the many steeler fans around here that do take their fanhood too serious.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:32 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
No I'm just realistic about this team, and the recent trend of them to fail in the playoffs when they seldom get here, and to break the fan's hearts by giving them hope that [insert year] will be different

sorry that doesnt line up with your rose colored "bengals are the best team evar!"

That shirt is right up there with Suggs' shirt "you beat your *** i hate the steelers", seeing as that came about out of mere jealousy....its stupid and tacky, no matter who does it, and im sure you would be laughing if pitt decided to do one or if the suggs did one based on the bengals
So not a Steeler fan just cynical.

And no, I don't think the Bengals are the best evar. I just don't think they are the worst ever and feel I have to expect them lose so when they do I don't go around in a bad mood the remainder of the week.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:34 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Location: rfaulk34 is dumb, BTB is dumber...However Neek is the Mt. Everest of dumb….

Quote:
Oh, I understand that but some people take their fanhood too serious sometimes which would make them wear these. I wouldn't wear any of those but if I would it would be mainly to irritate the many steeler fans around here that do take their fanhood too serious.
For me, I would just laugh and shake my head if you walked by with that on...

Quote:
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:36 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCitySouth View Post
For me, I would just laugh and shake my head if you walked by with that on...
I could see that, but there are some people around here that would probably throw a brick at me if I looked away just for wearing it. Those are the people I would only wear that for.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:40 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
I could see that, but there are some people around here that would probably throw a brick at me if I looked away just for wearing it. Those are the people I would only wear that for.
Woodley would rape you.

Quote:
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Old 01-04-2013, 01:51 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8298

Maybe it's just me, but at a passing glance those shirts look more like BROWNS shirts than Bengal's smack shirts.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:56 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helldog View Post
As a Bengals fan, I love it when Steelers fan define themselves by their past because it is a reminder that defining themselves by this years performance would be depressing.
Not really. In fact, the recent past suggests that this year fits the Steelers' normal pattern.

As I've point out in a different thread, the Steelers have been consistently following an interesting pattern the last twelve seasons. Starting with 2000, they've had a mediocre season and missed the playoffs exactly once every three years (2000, 2003, 2006, 2009, and now 2012). In each of the previous cases they followed the bad year with two playoff years, reaching either the Conference championship or Super Bowl at least once (in 2004-2005 they accomplished that in consecutive years).

So, until they have two bad years in a row, this year is not so much depressing as it is the continuation of a pattern that's been pretty darned good to us Steeler fans.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:13 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17703

Quote:

FYI, the shirts are from a website that features each team smacking other teams in their division. Thus, you have Pro-Steeler shirts smacking the Ravens.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:17 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalYankee View Post
FYI, the shirts are from a website that features each team smacking other teams in their division. Thus, you have Pro-Steeler shirts smacking the Ravens.
You'll note that they didn't have any for the Steelers vs. the Bengals. I guess the Bengals have to repeat this year's success a few more times before they are considered worthy of 'hate'.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:02 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3784

Quote:
Not really. In fact, the recent past suggests that this year fits the Steelers' normal pattern.

As I've point out in a different thread, the Steelers have been consistently following an interesting pattern the last twelve seasons. Starting with 2000, they've had a mediocre season and missed the playoffs exactly once every three years (2000, 2003, 2006, 2009, and now 2012). In each of the previous cases they followed the bad year with two playoff years, reaching either the Conference championship or Super Bowl at least once (in 2004-2005 they accomplished that in consecutive years).

So, until they have two bad years in a row, this year is not so much depressing as it is the continuation of a pattern that's been pretty darned good to us Steeler fans.
You should make it easier for them to understand.

The Steelers were not scheduled to be in the playoffs this year bengal fans...no biggie.

2012 8-8 out of playoffs

2011 12-4 in
2010 12-4 in

2009 9-7 out

2008 12-4 in
2007 10-6 in

2006 8-8 out

2005 11-5 in
2004 15-1 in

2003 6-10 out

2002 10-5 in
2001 13-3 in

Seriously doubt during any of those playoff years there existed a "nya nya bengals, we're in the playoff" shirt.
You are simply not worthy of one.

Old 01-04-2013, 05:20 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:

I didn't read your post but it probably had something to do with the past, yes?

You must be a part of woodlys clique.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:29 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helldog View Post
I didn't read your post but it probably had something to do with the past, yes?

You must be a part of woodlys clique.
Ah, the old "I'm to lazy and/or dim to get anything out of your post" subterfuge.

Nice comeback, Einstein.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:32 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Ah, the old "I'm to lazy and/or dim to get anything out of your post" subterfuge.

Nice comeback, Einstein.
You rolled your eyes and called me Einstein. I'll chalk that one up as another W.

Thanks for playing honey buns.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:34 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
You should make it easier for them to understand.

The Steelers were not scheduled to be in the playoffs this year bengal fans...no biggie.

2012 8-8 out of playoffs

2011 12-4 in
2010 12-4 in (reached Super Bowl)

2009 9-7 out

2008 12-4 in (won Super Bowl)
2007 10-6 in

2006 8-8 out

2005 11-5 in (won Super Bowl)
2004 15-1 in

2003 6-10 out

2002 10-5 in
2001 13-3 in (reached AFC title game)

2000 9-7 out

Seriously doubt during any of those playoff years there existed a "nya nya bengals, we're in the playoff" shirt.
You are simply not worthy of one.
Thanks. I clearly gave him too much credit. I added a few more details in italics, but since he's trying to hide behind his feigned indifference, it probably won't help him to understand. I'm thinking that the concept of recurring patterns (even those as extraordinary as this one) will probably escape him.

Last edited by JS-Steelerfan; 01-04-2013 at 05:36 PM.