Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:16 AM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 358
bengals Why the Bengals will win the Super Bowl...

No harm in being overly positve.
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/1/3...gals-vs-texans
Old 01-04-2013, 02:23 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2746
Default Re: Why the Bengals will win the Super Bowl...

No harm at all. Thanks for sharing
Old 01-04-2013, 02:31 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals14 View Post
I like it, and they were all very good points.

I especially loved this:

Quote:
Carson Palmer went to the playoffs with the Bengals twice in seven years. Dalton has done that twice in two.
Palmer's our *****.

Quote:
It would be hard to see a team lose to the Browns and win a Super Bowl in the same year.
Even good teams lose to bad teams, but we also gave the Giants everything they could handle, so we can definitely play with the best.

I'm so pumped for Saturday.................. I'm going to go find someone else in a wheelchair and pick a fight.

Visit my site or if you know of any schools, companies, youth groups, etc., that are in need of a public speaker.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:55 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3374

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals14 View Post
Finall some love from the sports media!
Old 01-04-2013, 08:48 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 326

Well-written article that backs every argument that can be made and does it by using information rather than speculation. Most sports writers simply predict Bengals losses based on past failures, as it Klingler was still throwing the ball. I will admit that I learned we only have 5 playoff wins in franchise history... that seems awefully paltry. I have made the same error the sports writers make, but in the opposite direction. I always expect my team to march down the field, artfully executing play action passes so well even the camera doesn't keep up. I expect to see James Brooks flipping off the opposing coach who had called him too old as he darts down that sideline after ripping off another 15 yard sweep play behing the best offensive lineman to ever play the game, and ending that run by lowering his pads to the poor CB who knows he won't just step out of bounds like all the other running backs do. I expect to see Fulcher bllowing up recievers and being simultaneously excited for my team and worried for his victim. Maybe I should start wearing acid washed jeans when watch theBengals play, because that seems to be where I am stuck in my expectations.

Anyway, the point I really wanted to make was that, after 15 years of the worst losing of almost any sports franchise in the history of American sports, Bengals fans old enough to reminisce with me have EARNED some success, and it feels damned good. I graduated from Ohio State, so I am also a Buckeye fan, and I have to admit, most of their games are predictable and boring. The joy of winning is all the sweeter with the added benefit of accustomed bitter. Thats is something Steelers fans know nothing of!

Deep into the playoffs this year and years to come! We will own the toughest division in football, and other fans will grown at the thought of having our team on their schedules. Looking forward to the first pick in the draft is a distant memory, replaced by relevance and high expectation! Who Dey!