Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:15 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Let's talk Running Backs Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal4ever68 View Post
The only guy i like is Andre Ellington..I wouldn't draft him though, i'd take Reggie Bush in FA if we can.
reggie bush is gonna be too much $$$$
Old 01-03-2013, 09:20 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 5082

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
Felix Jones would be an ideal compromise.
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...

Old 01-03-2013, 09:25 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burma View Post
Felix Jones would be an ideal compromise.
Possibly, but ideally their is so many options in the draft this year I'd rather just draft one. But if Felix was cheap enough he wouldnt be too awful bad.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:39 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13624

My favorite 3 down backs, which is a nice to have:

3rd - Ball, Lacy, Taylor

4th/5th - injury risk Lattimore

5th/6th - injury risk Davis
Old 01-03-2013, 10:59 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4233

Quote:
IDK about that. There hasn't been many HBs who reach free agency and get a mega deal. Most of the mega HB contracts are handed out by the original team.

Wasn't it Michael Bush who got the biggest HB contract in free agency last year? His deal was a 4 year 14 mil. Sproles got a 4 year 14 mil contract the year before that, which I believe was the biggest that year. And the year before that it was Leon Washington getting a 4 year 12.5 mil contract.

The rate may be a little higher for Reggie, but 4 year 16 mil doesn't sound too bad.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:06 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4233

I want two new HBs minimum.

Just about everybody of interest to me has been mentioned other than Michael Dyer. Who has some red flags. Had he never left Auburn and had run ins with the law chances are he would be one of if not the top HB in this draft.

I'd be pretty happy if we came out of the draft with a combo of Denard Robinson and Dyer.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:01 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 360
bengals Re: Let's talk Running Backs Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATI BENGALS View Post
I want two new HBs minimum.

Just about everybody of interest to me has been mentioned other than Michael Dyer. Who has some red flags. Had he never left Auburn and had run ins with the law chances are he would be one of if not the top HB in this draft.

I'd be pretty happy if we came out of the draft with a combo of Denard Robinson and Dyer.
love dyer too dude. hed be a g in stripes. his size would be awesome. def a steal, if hes there late
Old 01-04-2013, 01:03 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolli View Post
My favorite 3 down backs, which is a nice to have:

3rd - Ball, Lacy, Taylor

4th/5th - injury risk Lattimore

5th/6th - injury risk Davis
dig it...I want lacy!!
Old 01-04-2013, 01:04 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Possibly, but ideally their is so many options in the draft this year I'd rather just draft one. But if Felix was cheap enough he wouldnt be too awful bad.
i pray to the football gods we stay away from felix...dude is weak. lets draft one.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:06 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d's nuts and bolts View Post
i say fix it this draft. Lacey and barner rounds 2/3. Bjge third down guy with peerman/boom on st.
yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Old 01-04-2013, 05:16 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1340

I don't care who the Bengals take early as long as they get Michael Dyer late. He's a talented knucklehead. Combine him with Bernard early, and you have the potential for strength at RB. Obvious red flags with Dyer, but on talent, he's a Top 3 back in this draft, with no history of major injury ( a la Lattimore). Give Marvin another reclamation project with major upside.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:50 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3r3e3 View Post
I don't care who the Bengals take early as long as they get Michael Dyer late. He's a talented knucklehead. Combine him with Bernard early, and you have the potential for strength at RB. Obvious red flags with Dyer, but on talent, he's a Top 3 back in this draft, with no history of major injury ( a la Lattimore). Give Marvin another reclamation project with major upside.
Dyer and lacy would be stupid awesome...forget bernard. Bernard does not wow me, and u guys are gonna be surprised when he runs a 4.45 instead of everyones 4.3 they say he runs...Bernard dont run anywhere near a 4.3
Old 01-04-2013, 02:58 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 12669

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPChrisHenry View Post
Dyer and lacy would be stupid awesome...forget bernard. Bernard does not wow me, and u guys are gonna be surprised when he runs a 4.45 instead of everyones 4.3 they say he runs...Bernard dont run anywhere near a 4.3
I still love the way Bernard runs, no matter what his 40 time is. I'd love to have him, Barner, or Dyer.

Sig compliments of CINwillWIN
Old 01-04-2013, 03:28 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1025

What about Stepfan Taylor from Standford? I dont know why, but this kid strikes me as a Ray Rice Mirrored Image. Pretty much the same size - 5'11" 215 lbs.

322 att 1530 yards 4.8 ypc 13 TDs

41 rec 287 yards 2 TDS

5 games with over 140 yards rushing

Looks like he runs a 4.45 - 4.55 40 yard dash. Ray Rice ran a 4.42 40.

These two are spitting images of each other. Taylor may not look to flashy, but he sure as hell gets the job done. He could definetly be a 3 down back. Go with Taylor / Barner / BJGE

Taylor may be my favorite RB in this draft.

***the reason I compared Taylor to Ray Rice is because Rice is one of the top 3 RB in the game. And seeing how there is no Adrian Peterson type backs in the draft this year, I thought the Ray Rice comparison seemed fair. You could even compare Taylor to Doug Martin. Same size, same speed, good vision.***
Old 01-04-2013, 03:32 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewee28 View Post
What about Stepfan Taylor from Standford? I dont know why, but this kid strikes me as a Ray Rice Mirrored Image. Pretty much the same size - 5'11" 215 lbs.

322 att 1530 yards 4.8 ypc 13 TDs

41 rec 287 yards 2 TDS

5 games with over 140 yards rushing

Looks like he runs a 4.45 - 4.55 40 yard dash. Ray Rice ran a 4.42 40.

These two are spitting images of each other. Taylor may not look to flashy, but he sure as hell gets the job done. He could definetly be a 3 down back. Go with Taylor / Barner / BJGE

Taylor may be my favorite RB in this draft.

***the reason I compared Taylor to Ray Rice is because Rice is one of the top 3 RB in the game. And seeing how there is no Adrian Peterson type backs in the draft this year, I thought the Ray Rice comparison seemed fair. You could even compare Taylor to Doug Martin. Same size, same speed, good vision.***
I like stepfan alot too but hes no ray rice from a size comparison, maybe running style tho. ray rice is 215 yes but 3 inches shorter. they look completely different. But i like taylor and would take him or lacy in this draft.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:48 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 5028

I like Theo Reddick from Notre Dame. Tough inside runner and can catch the ball out of the backfield!
Old 01-04-2013, 06:05 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 40333

Quote:
Originally Posted by J24 View Post
I like Theo Reddick from Notre Dame. Tough inside runner and can catch the ball out of the backfield!
Cierre Wood was a much more productive runner for ND, but for some reason Kelly kept going to Reddick.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:12 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 465

I want Bernard most. Ball or Lacy wouldn't be terrible.

Lattimore is intriguing, but not sure if worth taking a risk on..

Doubt he declares, but as a late steal if so. I like Dri Archer a lot
3- Jeremy Hill, RB, LSU
4- Will Clarke, DE, WV
5- Charles Leno, OG, Boise State
6- Prince Shembo, OLB, ND
6- Ty Zimmerman, FS, Kansas State
7-Matt Hazel, WR, Coastal Carolina
7- Gator Hoskins, TE/FB
Old 01-04-2013, 09:53 PM
Veteran Member

Alright, earlier I posted about Stepfan Taylor and how he is in the top 3 of RBs on my board, but I tell you what, there is no other RB in this draft class like Eddie Lacy. Lacy is a frekin' beast.

6-1, 220 lbs

184 carries, 1182 yards, 16 TDs, 6.4 Yard Per Carry

20 rec, 182 yards, 1 TD

Runs a 4.44 40 yard dash. Thats pretty damn good for someone who is 6-1 & 220 lbs. I know the 40 yard dash is garbage to some people, but it sure does help to have someone with speed.

Lacy is very agile. Very good feet and is VERY WELL known for his perfected spin move. I hate watching highlights on guys because they always look good, but if you watch tape on this kid, whether its a good or bad run, he always falls forward. He stays low, keeps his legs churning and finds a way to get extra yards and in the AFC North, that is a beautiful thing to have. For a guy to average 6.4 yards a carry in the SEC with some of the stout defenses, thats pretty damn good. He tore Georgia apart in the SEC Championship (20 car, 180 yards, 2 TD).

He is a prototypical 3 down back. Runs better between the tackles but has the speed and agility to bounce outside and gain a ton of yards. Fantastic vision, always finds the holes in the defense and explodes through the hole. Tough back to bring down.

I would love to have this kid, but if he comes out on Monday night and runs all over a very good Notre Dame defense, he could very well move into the 1st round, especially if he blows up the combine. He may be someone we want to take with our 2A pick, if he falls that far.

Serious question here......what is the difference between Trent Richardson and Eddie Lacy?? I know Trent was well known for his Hulk-like strength. But if you watch these two run, they look similar. Not saying Lacy is anywhere near as good as T-Rich, but he cant be that far behind. Maybe a stupid question but I have seen a lot of Bama fans say that Trent > Lacy > Mark Ingram.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:04 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3304

I like Lacy better than Bernard. Different runners, but Lacy is going to be more durable.
If Lacy moves up on the boards, i would consider him in the 1st.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:12 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23677

Quote:
Originally Posted by HachiGo View Post
The general consensus is that we need to add another (or two) RBs to this game. Whether it be as a compliment to BGJ, or as a replacement to Peermen/Scott/or Leonard. Who are you guys looking at and who would fit this team well?
Here you go:

http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=102740

I even bumped the thread for you.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:16 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23677

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalpost View Post
I like Lacy better than Bernard. Different runners, but Lacy is going to be more durable.
If Lacy moves up on the boards, i would consider him in the 1st.
How in the world can you possibly know that Lacy will be more durable? To my knowledge Perry never struggled with injuries while at Michigan and we all know how that turned out.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:01 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
How in the world can you possibly know that Lacy will be more durable? To my knowledge Perry never struggled with injuries while at Michigan and we all know how that turned out.
Yea....you can never predict someones injury future. Lacy has had nagging ankle and foot injuries, but most running backs have nagging injuries. They always get pounded. Having a bigger back doesnt mean he will be healthier.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:05 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1359

Bernard, Ball or Bell in Rd 2. I want another back in Rd 5; whoever is best that is left for us.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:26 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2759

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
David Pollack was also lauded for durability while Gresham had durability questions. You never know. **** happens. No way to predict a broken neck or mangled ankle. All you can do is ensure the guys are 100% healthy when you draft them.