Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:26 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 295
Default Re: Ray Lewis retiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by dscola View Post
Aside from a few times, when has Flacco choked in the playoffs? May wanna check Mannings numbers 1st.
This is the most dumbest thing I've ever read. Just talk to the ring, rings feb 4th
Old 01-03-2013, 05:35 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 79072

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVER-OWNS-CIN View Post
Like either those team getting that far dweeb
Old 01-03-2013, 06:32 PM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: -10

Quote:
This is the most dumbest thing I've ever read. Just talk to the ring, rings feb 4th
Manning played terrible during the Colts superbowl year. Check the stats.

Flacco has 9 play off games under his belt(8 on the road) and aside from maybe 3 games, he's played pretty well. Especially the last 4 games.

Also, "Most Dumbest"? Are you being sarcastic or do you really talk that way?
Old 01-03-2013, 08:02 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 295

*sigh* this guy. Putting flaco. And manning in the same sentence is blasphemy. The laugher a few weeks back is evident. Flaco could play 50 playoff games with video game stats but doesn't mean anything if he can't hoist a Lombardi like manning.

Looking at your team, an aggressive running RB, taking a lot of punishing hits, how long can he last? A defense that is not going to be in flacos back pocket to bail him out anymore... 9-7 .... 8-8 records are more of a reality for the ravens going forward.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:38 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 191

Quote:
*sigh* this guy. Putting flaco. And manning in the same sentence is blasphemy. The laugher a few weeks back is evident. Flaco could play 50 playoff games with video game stats but doesn't mean anything if he can't hoist a Lombardi like manning.

Looking at your team, an aggressive running RB, taking a lot of punishing hits, how long can he last? A defense that is not going to be in flacos back pocket to bail him out anymore... 9-7 .... 8-8 records are more of a reality for the ravens going forward.
Doubtful. The defense was beat up to hell this year...and Ray Rice has a quality back-up in Bernard Pierce if he happens to go down. The Ravens consistently draft well and will likely make up for the defense turnover the next couple years. Also, say what you want about Flacco..but the dude wins 10 football games with a statistically below-average football team and a tough schedule.

Manning was a great pick-up for Denver, but his contract will swallow up all the young talent in the next couple years. Manning made a horrible Colts team a consistent playoff contender because he was in his prime. If Denver doesn't get it done this year, or next year...they're screwed.

tl;dr Denver has no future
Old 01-04-2013, 02:05 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7789

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjdawg View Post
I'm relatively certain he was the best defensive player ever, regardless of position.

That guy changed games just by standing in the middle of the field.
Lawrence Taylor is the reason there's a premium on left tackles now, I'd say he made more of an impact than Lewis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
He does give killer speeches no doubt.

Cuts to the chase and tells it like it is.

Quote:
You're kidding right? Peyton has been in 19 playoff games, with a 9-10 record and he went one and done 7 times.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 01-04-2013, 06:55 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11780

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Rice Rutgers Running View Post
Doubtful. The defense was beat up to hell this year...and Ray Rice has a quality back-up in Bernard Pierce if he happens to go down. The Ravens consistently draft well and will likely make up for the defense turnover the next couple years. Also, say what you want about Flacco..but the dude wins 10 football games with a statistically below-average football team and a tough schedule.
That right there tells you how there is a an element of luck involved with all teams.

Other than this year Flaccoverde could afford to be average because the defense carried his hiney. This playoff run he's going to have to step it up.

And the schedule was no tougher than anyone else's in the AFCN. In fact I still say it was a bit easier since you got New England, Denver and the Giants and Dallas at HOME. The Steelers lose one of their best players just do to genetics every time they have to go to Denver. You still have to win the games...but its a heck of a lot easier when the good teams come to your place.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:12 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 37126

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdino View Post
That right there tells you how there is a an element of luck involved with all teams.

Other than this year Flaccoverde could afford to be average because the defense carried his hiney. This playoff run he's going to have to step it up.

And the schedule was no tougher than anyone else's in the AFCN. In fact I still say it was a bit easier since you got New England, Denver and the Giants and Dallas at HOME. The Steelers lose one of their best players just do to genetics every time they have to go to Denver. You still have to win the games...but its a heck of a lot easier when the good teams come to your place.
So you're willing to admit that if not for great defense and luck (i.e. refs for one ring, Cardinals defense for another), a certain fat boy most of u Stiller fans swear by could very easily just be another Neil O Donnell who rapes people??

Funny thing is, I'm not even kidding. That's just what the truth is.
2014 Bengals........13-3, #1 seed in playoffs. That's gonna happen.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:30 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagehenry54 View Post
So you're willing to admit that if not for great defense and luck (i.e. refs for one ring, Cardinals defense for another), a certain fat boy most of u Stiller fans swear by could very easily just be another Neil O Donnell who rapes people??

Funny thing is, I'm not even kidding. That's just what the truth is.
I admit that luck plays a part in ALL winning seasons. Defense won Super Bowl 43. The Cardinal game was a TEAM effort. Defensive TD, game winning drive and TD by the offense...and Ben.

If anything the 1995 SB with O'Donnell was the example you want. Steady QB who rarely throws picks with a great defense...and he throws two bad passes in the biggest game.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:16 PM
VIP Member

Quote:

actually, the Ravens schedule was much harder as we had Houston on the road, and the Pats as well. Who did the Steelers get from the afc east? The Jets...

And I hardly call Flacco's clutch performances against New England and San Diego 'luck' as I hear all too often on this board regarding the Ravens. And clearly the Steelers have serious depth issues if they can't compensate one measly safety for an 11 point loss against Denver. Keep hanging your hat on that one
Old 01-04-2013, 03:24 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
actually, the Ravens schedule was much harder as we had Houston on the road, and the Pats as well. Who did the Steelers get from the afc east? The Jets...

And I hardly call Flacco's clutch performances against New England and San Diego 'luck' as I hear all too often on this board regarding the Ravens. And clearly the Steelers have serious depth issues if they can't compensate one measly safety for an 11 point loss against Denver. Keep hanging your hat on that one
I didn't say every game and every win was luck. I said luck plays a part in every winning season. A good bounce or a ref giving 28 1/2 yards on a 27 yard run.

The Ravens had the Pats in Baltimore. 4 of the 6 losses for the Ravens came on the road. Coming into this year they had a losing record on the road under Harbawler. In the four road wins the Ravens didn't beat a single team that made the playoffs. The Steelers lost 5 of 8 on the road. And beat two teams that made the playoffs.

And yes, losing a starter will always hurt. I'm not saying its the only reason they lost in Denver, but against Manning it would be nice to have the guys in there.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:46 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
I didn't say every game and every win was luck. I said luck plays a part in every winning season. A good bounce or a ref giving 28 1/2 yards on a 27 yard run.

The Ravens had the Pats in Baltimore. 4 of the 6 losses for the Ravens came on the road. Coming into this year they had a losing record on the road under Harbawler. In the four road wins the Ravens didn't beat a single team that made the playoffs. The Steelers lost 5 of 8 on the road. And beat two teams that made the playoffs.

And yes, losing a starter will always hurt. I'm not saying its the only reason they lost in Denver, but against Manning it would be nice to have the guys in there.
Manning's going down! I hope for the Ravens or Bengals avenge our division from Denver.

I'm not sure what your whole away/home loss argument has to do with anything other than proving that the Steelers ****** at home this year.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:58 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Manning's going down! I hope for the Ravens or Bengals avenge our division from Denver.

I'm not sure what your whole away/home loss argument has to do with anything other than proving that the Steelers ****** at home this year.
Denver was a hard place to go in to when they DIDN'T have a good QB...its going to be tough to beat them there.

The home loss argument is that the Ravens stink on the road...and have during the entire time Harbawler has been the head coach. So getting the good teams at home was a benefit as the Ravens didn't win a road game against a team that made the playoffs.

That might not mean anything in the playoffs...or it might.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:20 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Denver was a hard place to go in to when they DIDN'T have a good QB...its going to be tough to beat them there.

The home loss argument is that the Ravens stink on the road...and have during the entire time Harbawler has been the head coach. So getting the good teams at home was a benefit as the Ravens didn't win a road game against a team that made the playoffs.

That might not mean anything in the playoffs...or it might.
Well that's why the bengals are gonna blitz the s$it out of Shaub, beat the texans, and let the ravens get their redemption against NE... Considering we actually have a real field goal kicker and viable 3rd receiver now ( I hope lee Evans is collecting change under a boardwalk).

Also, I won't bring up the sore subject of a manningless Denver being tough to play, because only the steelers have had that problem..