Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:28 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4821
Default Re: They don't respect us... no one does.

Don't care what others think. Don't understand why anyone else would. Don't believe what others think matters....even a smidgeon.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:34 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 884

The Bengals can win on any given day. It would be hilarious to prove them wrong and win the Superbowl.

You said bare your sole. Wait, you didn't mean the shoe? Well, when you hear I'm a Browns fan you'll understand.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:34 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 30834

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphicguy View Post
Don't care what others think. Don't understand why anyone else would. Don't believe what others think matters....even a smidgeon.
I think people should. Personally, I get tired of hearing everyone **** on this team. We need to start playing every game like we have a chip on our shoulders. This DEF is playing possessed! If the OFF were that motivated we would be unstoppable and would lose that "small market" tag we've adopted over the reign of Mike Brown.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:35 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 30834

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglester View Post
The Bengals can win on any given day. It would be hilarious to prove them wrong and win the Superbowl.
$20 bucks in the Bengals pays $800 if they win. Might be a good investment?
Old 01-03-2013, 11:36 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 845

I like it that way, let them keep thinking so little of us, it will be that more surprising when we come out and punch them in the mouth.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:11 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2106

The odds make sense, we are the low seed in the AFC which also has the two teams most likely to win the Superbowl, we'd have to beat Houston then Denver then probably New England all on the road just to get there then beat the NFC champ, the odds that any team could do that is steep. A 4.5 point dog isn't that bad being a road game automatically puts a 3 point spread on equal teams, so they basically are saying Houston is 1.5 points better. All in all I think it puts us in a real good situation, we will be a dog in every game we play unless the Colts make it to the AFC championship, we can play loose and go all out knowing not much is expected.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:32 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 23688

Let the underdog have their day...Hollywood likes those movies better anyway.
Fluff so hard all the dudes wanna find me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal John View Post
My favorite is balls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalzona View Post
Ask him if you could tag team.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:42 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who_dey_hooligan View Post
40 to 1 odds we win the superbowl (the worst in the pool). 4.5 point underdogs for the game on Saturday. Prior to the Steelers game, the ****' at CBS stated that many teams in the playoffs wanted the Bengals to make it in and knock the Steelers out because they were afraid of how good the Steelers could be. These are all depictions of what the media and many others outside of Cincinnati believe. Even after we knocked the Steelers out of the playoffs, no one believed in us. Today, only a handful of analyst have given us a fighting chance.

I hope every Bengals player has absorbed this during the past 2 weeks. I hope the offense has been working their ***** off to prove the haters wrong, and I hope big Geno Atkins smacks that smug look off of Schaub and Fosters face. The Texans secondary is weak, and Dalton can easily get back on track if he's worked hard. This is our game! This is our time!

I have to admit that I haven't been a great fan this season. I could have talked a lot more trash and I could have beat up a few more Stooler fans, but I let the team down. I want to let the Bengals and all of the board members know that I believe in this team, and I'm not worried about anyone in this playoff field. Our DEF is second to none IMO, and Andy is intelligent enough to make the right moves. One bit twice shy Houston! WHO DEY!
The odds are determined by the betters. This is the American public that doesn't believe in the Bengals, and why should they? For almost 15 years they were one of the worst teams in the league and since then they've been decent, but unable to win a big game.

Also,...I've seen more of the "experts" pick the Bengals to win rather than to lose.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:44 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10579

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglester View Post
The Bengals can win on any given day.
I doubt they could win on Tuesdays and Fridays.....

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 01-04-2013, 12:48 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1381

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawless_1 View Post
Stupid.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:59 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 532

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Hawk View Post
Can I use the same line of reasoning on buying a lottery ticket? Either its a winner, or it isn't.
Yes of course :--)
Old 01-04-2013, 06:26 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17290

bengals have been getting a lot of love from the major media outlets.

In reality who cares?

Just go punch someone in the mouth
Old 01-04-2013, 06:39 AM
VIP Silver Member

Location: So far out that the Sun sets between my place & town
Rep Points: 7135

Quote:
40 to 1 odds we win the superbowl (the worst in the pool). 4.5 point underdogs for the game on Saturday. Prior to the Steelers game, the ****' at CBS stated that many teams in the playoffs wanted the Bengals to make it in and knock the Steelers out because they were afraid of how good the Steelers could be. These are all depictions of what the media and many others outside of Cincinnati believe. Even after we knocked the Steelers out of the playoffs, no one believed in us. Today, only a handful of analyst have given us a fighting chance.

I hope every Bengals player has absorbed this during the past 2 weeks. I hope the offense has been working their ***** off to prove the haters wrong, and I hope big Geno Atkins smacks that smug look off of Schaub and Fosters face. The Texans secondary is weak, and Dalton can easily get back on track if he's worked hard. This is our game! This is our time!

I have to admit that I haven't been a great fan this season. I could have talked a lot more trash and I could have beat up a few more Stooler fans, but I let the team down. I want to let the Bengals and all of the board members know that I believe in this team, and I'm not worried about anyone in this playoff field. Our DEF is second to none IMO, and Andy is intelligent enough to make the right moves. One bit twice shy Houston! WHO DEY!
<goose bumps>
Old 01-04-2013, 06:59 AM
Administrator

Rep Points: 252557

Quote:

This is right where the Bengals want to be!
Old 01-04-2013, 07:18 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 11815

The Bengals are getting love from some of the talking heads.

The odds ? That just says that Bengal fans are not betting on their team. Wagering is what determines odds.

One would think anyone who thinks we even have the slightest of chance would love this. I mean bet
$1 to get $40
$5 to get $200
$10 to get $400
$25 to get $1000
$50 to get $2000
$500 to get $20,000
$1000 to get $40,000
$2500 to get $100,000

How can one love our chances, but not like those odds. It will pay well no matter how much you wager. Why not get paid too ? Will also make the odds drop if Bengals fans take advantage of this.

But only bet what will not hurt to lose friends.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:26 AM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 30

66-1 in the UK. Might have a cheeky 10 on that.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:37 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 37126

Beautiful thing about football is the honesty.

If you're really better than me. Show me. I'll be here all day, trying to kill you the whole time.

JJ Watt ain't shyte to me. Arian Foster is a bytch.

Your HC made his bones bringing Elway his Gatorade.

We're gonna send horseface home next week. But first we must dispose of you. So be it.
2014 Bengals........13-3, #1 seed in playoffs. That's gonna happen.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:02 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2324

Quote:

I feel bad for the Texans. You know the players see this and think the same thing we do "f*** them!"
Old 01-04-2013, 08:06 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 10926

Does anyone know a site where you can place a bet?
Old 01-04-2013, 08:46 AM

Rep Points: 37

Quote:

This is what I'm hoping.

I love watching Geno pwn the crap out of O-Lines. Chris Myers, Wade Smith, and Ben Jones should be shaking in their freaking boots about this match-up. Geno is even better than he was last year. He had a great game against HST in 2011, and is 3x as dominant this year. Houston has regressed, and there's no way this team fears the Texans. We've improved more than they have, and if we can keep from crucial turnovers, we can win this game!

This should be Geno's coming out party on a National stage against one of the most popular teams in the NFL. Die hard NFL fans have taken notice of him, now it's time for the entire country to see him dominate!

Seems like he's getting a little defensive player of the year buzz now too, I found this article online yesterday. Hopefully he outshines Watt in this game and with a little luck gets to play against the Broncos and 49ers too.

http://voices.yahoo.com/geno-atkins-...-11946353.html

Quote:
Atkins accolades don't just include sacks. According to the advance statistics at Pro Football Focus, he finished with a total of 78 QB pressures (sack, hits, and hurries combines). That's 21 more than the next closest DT (Ndamukong Suh), and more than the totals for Watt or Smith. He also has the 2nd best run stop percentage at his position, the 4th most tackles at his position (even though teams avoid him like the plague), and PFF has his overall rating for the year at more than twice what 2nd place Gerald McCoy has.

Last edited by Bengals_FanMan; 01-05-2013 at 12:29 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:06 AM

Rep Points: 37

Quote:

But Wednesdays....that's another story!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:14 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 33476
Default Re: 40-1 shot to win the superbowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norse Bengal View Post
Yes, and there's the 1:2 odds you slip and break your leg tomorrow, either you do or you don't ;---)
One of 6 teams will win the AFC all of those teams have a 1 in 6 shot of winning the AFC

Each one of those teams have a 50/50 chance of winning each game. but a 1/6 shot of winning the AFC..

And next week it will be a 1 in 4 shot.. Then it will be 50:50

You all need more math in your life.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:15 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
didnt we trade palmer on a tuesday?
Old 01-04-2013, 11:39 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 8689

Manning isn't that good in cold weather games...so IF we can beat the Texans...we'll have that advantage of sorts.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:47 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
Manning isn't that good in cold weather games...so IF we can beat the Texans...we'll have that advantage of sorts.
hes also not very good after a playoff bye week.