Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:40 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3827
Default Did you just see that interview?

Just saw an interview with Green on NFL network. One of the questions was "is Dalton the QB you wanted?" (or something like that) He said "yea Jay asked me which QB I wanted and I said Andy cause I saw some games he played at TCU".

You think this is true? Kinda makes sense I guess to ask your #1 pick which QB he wants, but it still caught me by surprise. I never knew they gave AJ a say in all of that right after they drafted him. Kinda cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE D-MAN View Post
The only thing a Bengals fan and a Steelers fan can enjoy at the same time is a Steeler fan's sister.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcu View Post
I ****ed a girl from Pittsburgh once. She was a Steelers fan. She was cockeyed and smelled like Rolling Rock and failure.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:45 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7038
Default Re: Did you just see that interview?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armoredcar View Post
Just saw an interview with Green on NFL network. One of the questions was "is Dalton the QB you wanted?" (or something like that) He said "yea Jay asked me which QB I wanted and I said Andy cause I saw some games he played at TCU".

You think this is true? Kinda makes sense I guess to ask your #1 pick which QB he wants, but it still caught me by surprise. I never knew they gave AJ a say in all of that right after they drafted him. Kinda cool.

Interesting, I'm sure his input weighed in a little bit in the decision to get Andy.

#OfficialTaterHaterClub #President
Old 01-04-2013, 09:45 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 18784

No way. That's AJ saying the right things for the camera. What did they do, ask him whether he wanted Andy, Ryan Mallett, or Kaepernick? What other options were available? What a stupid question from the media anyway. How low will they go?
Old 01-04-2013, 09:49 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
No way. That's AJ saying the right things for the camera. What did they do, ask him whether he wanted Andy, Ryan Mallett, or Kaepernick? What other options were available? What a stupid question from the media anyway. How low will they go?
Absolutely it was a stupid question. I mean what's he going to say....no? But I don't think he'd lie to the camera like that, everyone in the front office would know. I find it surprising as well but I think it almost has to be true.

Quote:
The only thing a Bengals fan and a Steelers fan can enjoy at the same time is a Steeler fan's sister.
Quote:
I ****ed a girl from Pittsburgh once. She was a Steelers fan. She was cockeyed and smelled like Rolling Rock and failure.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:50 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2131

Quote:

AJ has a sarcastic sense of humor. He is smart enough to know when the media is asking a stupid question and responds accordingly.

My take on this is him being like " yeah you moron, they let their unproven 1st round pick with no NFL experience pick their next QB"
Old 01-04-2013, 09:50 AM

Rep Points: 37

Quote:

I highly doubt it. No one in their right mind would let a rookie WR pick the team's QB.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:51 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1381

After the draft last year he said that he liked catching balls from Andy better than any other QB at the combine.

They wanted Andy though because Gruden noticed him and passed the tape on to Marvin. This has been documented by Hobson.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:53 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hopeful View Post
AJ has a sarcastic sense of humor. He is smart enough to know when the media is asking a stupid question and responds accordingly.

My take on this is him being like " yeah you moron, they let their unproven 1st round pick with no NFL experience pick their next QB"
Maybe you're right. But he seemed dead serious when he said it. No snicker or anything. I don't know.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-04-2013, 09:54 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 27524

Quote:

Well its pretty cool because it was pretty clear before the draf that Andy was the one Jay Gruden wanted too.

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 01-04-2013, 09:56 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Absolutely it was a stupid question. I mean what's he going to say....no? But I don't think he'd lie to the camera like that, everyone in the front office would know. I find it surprising as well but I think it almost has to be true.
I watched the Entire Draft... And they show'd the clip of him AT the draft being asked who he wanted his QB to be (before the end of the 1st round) and he said DALTON!

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 01-04-2013, 10:00 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
I watched the Entire Draft... And they show'd the clip of him AT the draft being asked who he wanted his QB to be (before the end of the 1st round) and he said DALTON!
Cool I guess I missed it. I guess it has to be true then, they must have already known what his answer would be before they asked him .

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-04-2013, 10:05 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 771

There's a thread in JN that has a story about AJ Green. The coaches fell in love with him before the draft, and the story says that when they brought Green in before the draft, Gruden asked him which QB he wanted, Green answered Dalton.

If the Bengals were intent on drafting Green at 4, they likely had no shot at guys like Locker and Gabbert (as atrocious as he is, he was given a first round grade). Ponder (was a reach), Dalton, Caepernick, and Mallett were probably the only realistic options. But who knows, if Green was honestly asked that question and answered Ryan Mallett, considering how much Mike Brown wanted Mallett, we could be looking at a very different situation.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:10 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 4002

I don't think this is AJ saying the right things. This has been known for a while and I think the first time it came out it wasn't a direct question, but rather AJ brought it up. I think now people ask him to get him to say it, but originally it was all him.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:11 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6283

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolomen View Post
There's a thread in JN that has a story about AJ Green. The coaches fell in love with him before the draft, and the story says that when they brought Green in before the draft, Gruden asked him which QB he wanted, Green answered Dalton.

If the Bengals were intent on drafting Green at 4, they likely had no shot at guys like Locker and Gabbert (as atrocious as he is, he was given a first round grade). Ponder (was a reach), Dalton, Caepernick, and Mallett were probably the only realistic options. But who knows, if Green was honestly asked that question and answered Ryan Mallett, considering how much Mike Brown wanted Mallett, we could be looking at a very different situation.
Exactly right. However, there is no doubt in my mind that Gruden was the one that had Andy on his radar long before they ever asked Green. Remember that Gruden went down to Texas to work out Andy.

As far as the Mallett stuff goes, who knows what he will end up as in the NFL. He very well could be a better QB than Dalton once he gets the chance.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:15 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 595

Did you just now start following the bengals? This isn't news. AJ Green said the same thing right after he was drafted when he flew into Cincinnati and met with the media.

Short memories around here...
Old 01-04-2013, 10:25 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
Did you just now start following the bengals? This isn't news. AJ Green said the same thing right after he was drafted when he flew into Cincinnati and met with the media.

Yea idiot...I just started following the Bengals even though I've been on this site since 07.

Unless you see absolutely every article and interview you don't follow the Bengals. That makes sense.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-04-2013, 10:26 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2882

I hate when interviewers do this!! Stop looking for a story to destroy the team for your own jollies!
Old 01-04-2013, 10:45 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 147

And hopefully this combo is together for a decade plus....
Old 01-04-2013, 10:48 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 22818

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hopeful View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals_FanMan View Post
I highly doubt it. No one in their right mind would let a rookie WR pick the team's QB.
Agree with these, A.J. I'm sure was worried more about his own position let alone the QB position, the front office had their reasons for choosing Andy.
Fluff so hard all the dudes wanna find me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal John View Post
My favorite is balls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalzona View Post
Ask him if you could tag team.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:49 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Cool I guess I missed it. I guess it has to be true then, they must have already known what his answer would be before they asked him .
Its good to know he still answers the question the same 2 years later.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 01-04-2013, 10:51 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1381

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post

People have selective memories in Cincinnati. Some of them I seriously am starting to believe like it better when the team is a complete train wreck. I remember after AJ was selected some on this board were laughing because they thought he didn't want to be here because he wasn't smiling enough after getting drafted...no joke!
Old 01-04-2013, 11:56 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 18784

Quote:
LOL, yeah, it's like the media wants diva WRs. AJ: "Oh yes, of course they consult with me on all personnel decisions regarding this offense. Don't you know who I am? I took Carson Palmer's spot as the franchise offensive consultant. Sorry, I'm late for my pedicure."
Old 01-04-2013, 11:57 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 40056

No, I missed it.

Here come's the....BOOM!
Old 01-04-2013, 12:10 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 15772

Quote:

This is the first you've heard of this?

This has been said probably 4 times since the two were drafted, and the first time was BEFORE last season as well.

Someone brought it up again this week, hence why NFLN asked him that.

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 01-04-2013, 12:25 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 8571

When you don't have a GM...the guy you drafted 2 hours ago is the default GM!