Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:23 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 230
Default Does This Help or Hurt Us?

I've been so excited i have been everywhere on the net looking at all the playoff coverage all week. What comes to my attention more than anything else is the negative questions and coverage on the Texans regardless of being one of the more sound teams in the NFL.

So While watching Arian Foster try to explain how momentum didnt matter i thought wow this media stuff seems to be getting to these guys thats SWEET

But then i thought AW DAM they are gonna use all the negitive press to get mad as heck and try to beat us down.

So my question is: Do you think that the way the texans have been ripped lately will help or hurt us?
Old 01-04-2013, 02:29 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7076
Default Re: Does This Help or Hurt Us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastiNati513 View Post
I've been so excited i have been everywhere on the net looking at all the playoff coverage all week. What comes to my attention more than anything else is the negative questions and coverage on the Texans regardless of being one of the more sound teams in the NFL.

So While watching Arian Foster try to explain how momentum didnt matter i thought wow this media stuff seems to be getting to these guys thats SWEET

But then i thought AW DAM they are gonna use all the negitive press to get mad as heck and try to beat us down.

So my question is: Do you think that the way the texans have been ripped lately will help or hurt us?

I don't see how it would help us...I don't think their going to just say 'aw man, the media is picking on us, lets just throw in the towel now!!

I don't see it hurting us either too much because lets be honest, who ****** cares what the media says? if the bengals did, they probably wouldn't be in the playoffs again.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:38 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helldog View Post
I don't see how it would help us...I don't think their going to just say 'aw man, the media is picking on us, lets just throw in the towel now!!

I don't see it hurting us either too much because lets be honest, who ****** cares what the media says? if the bengals did, they probably wouldn't be in the playoffs again.
Well people use stuff like this as fuel to go crazy, Example: burfict last week getting angry and beasting
Old 01-04-2013, 02:51 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 41165

Quote:

It hurts us, and we have to remember that this team won a ton of games early on. That motivation could only spark some of that. This is not going to be an easy game, but our defense should keep us in it.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:32 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by busamboy View Post
It hurts us, and we have to remember that this team won a ton of games early on. That motivation could only spark some of that. This is not going to be an easy game, but our defense should keep us in it.

Totally agree. People seem to forget, this team was the AFC's #1 team for 75% of the season. The Defense is good, the Offense has some serious weapons that will need to be focused on. I'm not buying the whole momentum "they lost 3 of the last 4 and don't have the momentum."

These guys will come to play ball when it's time, hopefully we're ready to play ball too.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:46 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 21392
bengals Re: Does This Help or Hurt Us?

Quote:

I think people read way too much into what the media spews all the way around and that anything they have stated will be completely irrelevant.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:57 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 14589

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
I think people read way too much into what the media spews all the way around and that anything they have stated will be completely irrelevant.
Agree ! I don't believe anything the media says has more than like .0001 % of an effect on the outcome of any game. The first minute or two of a game ??? maybe. After that it's all about line up and play football !
Old 01-04-2013, 07:06 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8039

Quote:

The players do not care what the media says.

On the other hand, players do care what other players say and will use it as fuel to lower the boom and the media plays their role in baiting players to say something stupid. Players are too smart to fall for it any more and have wized up to the medias games.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:16 PM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 118

I don't think the media coverage of the Texans means anything. What I do think could help is the reasoning for the negative media coverage. They are be dogged for a reason, and if this trend continues it will only help out. The Texans have played like garbage recently. Is this because they were just coasting to the playoffs or because they have serious issues? I think it's the former but hope for the latter.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:41 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18549

Quote:

All the talk flies right out the window on the opening kickoff.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:08 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by busamboy View Post
THIS!
But we will take the same motivation from it (LIKE ALL YEAR)
and put a serious beat down on TEXASS
Our Bengals are very Focused and Ready to prove all the Nay
sayers WRONG
TO DENVER 's Keep proving to the world how we shouldn't be taken lightly... and we can, should and will, Beat ANY NFL team on any day..playoffs or otherwise.. IMO
Old 01-05-2013, 08:18 AM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 116

For me the key for us is starting well. if we can get out a small lead and make the Texans doubt themselves we can take this game. so for me it will help if we start well and hurt us if we get off to a bad start.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:46 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8462

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
This.