Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 01-04-2013, 04:35 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 344
bengals No more barr Mock

Re-Signings:
Andre Smith*, Michael Johnson*, Terrence Newman, Wallace Gilberry*, Adam Jones*, Rey Maulauga, Kevin Huber*,

1. Alec Ogletree OLB-Georgia. Will be a plug and play starter from day 1 for us. The guy was a beast at georgia from sideline to sideline. Immediate upgrade.
2a. Ezekial Ansah DE BYU-The JPP of this years draft and we can grab em in the 2nd!!! the guys a freak and his production is climbing the more and more he learns the game. Our dline would be dominant for years with this pic.
2b. Eddie Lacy RB Alabama-Lacy along with Taylor are my fav all around backs in the draft. Rather have lacy but both are capable of carrying the load and would eventually become our full time starters here.
3. Tony Jefferson S Oklahoma-Great cover and tackling safety. High IQ as well. Played CB as a freshman, very good understanding of the game from the defensive side of the ball.
4. Sanders Commings CB Georgia-Long fast corner. Good size, and played well at high level of competition.
5. Kyle Long OT Oregon-Whitworths play this year worried me. We need to bring in another tackle and Kyle comes from a Hall of fame pedigree. Great pick here.
6. Tavaris King WR Georgia-Good possesion reciever, and could develop into the starter oppo of green. Kings has tremendous upside and to grab him here would be a steal.
6. Jolsten Fowler FB Alabama-The guy was a bulldozer for both lacy and yeldon before hurting his knee. It was not a legiment injury but it did require surgery. He has all the makings of a great fullback and has the ability to catch and run outa the backfield. I think he would win over the job against pressley, and Connor.

Go Bengals....This is my last until the combine...its also my favorite ha.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:39 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6678
Default Re: No more barr Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPChrisHenry View Post
Re-Signings:
Andre Smith*, Michael Johnson*, Terrence Newman, Wallace Gilberry*, Adam Jones*, Rey Maulauga, Kevin Huber*,

1. Alec Ogletree OLB-Georgia. Will be a plug and play starter from day 1 for us. The guy was a beast at georgia from sideline to sideline. Immediate upgrade.
2a. Ezekial Ansah DE BYU-The JPP of this years draft and we can grab em in the 2nd!!! the guys a freak and his production is climbing the more and more he learns the game. Our dline would be dominant for years with this pic.
2b. Eddie Lacy RB Alabama-Lacy along with Taylor are my fav all around backs in the draft. Rather have lacy but both are capable of carrying the load and would eventually become our full time starters here.
3. Tony Jefferson S Oklahoma-Great cover and tackling safety. High IQ as well. Played CB as a freshman, very good understanding of the game from the defensive side of the ball.
4. Sanders Commings CB Georgia-Long fast corner. Good size, and played well at high level of competition.
5. Kyle Long OT Oregon-Whitworths play this year worried me. We need to bring in another tackle and Kyle comes from a Hall of fame pedigree. Great pick here.
6. Tavaris King WR Georgia-Good possesion reciever, and could develop into the starter oppo of green. Kings has tremendous upside and to grab him here would be a steal.
6. Jolsten Fowler FB Alabama-The guy was a bulldozer for both lacy and yeldon before hurting his knee. It was not a legiment injury but it did require surgery. He has all the makings of a great fullback and has the ability to catch and run outa the backfield. I think he would win over the job against pressley, and Connor.

Go Bengals....This is my last until the combine...its also my favorite ha.
I like this draft a lot. I don't think that Ansah will be there in the 2nd round. ESPN has him as a mid-first rounder. I think the JPP comparisions will continue and some team will roll the dice in first round.

I have the same positions in mine, but different players.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:51 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 344
bengals Re: No more barr Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstripes View Post
I like this draft a lot. I don't think that Ansah will be there in the 2nd round. ESPN has him as a mid-first rounder. I think the JPP comparisions will continue and some team will roll the dice in first round.

I have the same positions in mine, but different players.
i have the same concern with ogletree and lacy all three...ansah ogletree and lacy are going to put up freakish number and sky rocket. Lacy runs a 4.44 at 6'0 222 lbs. thats really big and really fast.. hes faster than gio bernard. ogletree is a freak athlete as we all know and ansah becuase of the jpp comparison, your right, will probably shoot up the draft boards as well.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:34 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225

I hope Ogletree has a bad combine so we can get him in the 2nd round & take Xavier Rhodes in the 1st round.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:17 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3274

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPChrisHenry View Post
i have the same concern with ogletree and lacy all three...ansah ogletree and lacy are going to put up freakish number and sky rocket. Lacy runs a 4.44 at 6'0 222 lbs. thats really big and really fast.. hes faster than gio bernard. ogletree is a freak athlete as we all know and ansah becuase of the jpp comparison, your right, will probably shoot up the draft boards as well.
Where did you find this 40 time? Everywhere I have seen has him in the mid 4.5s.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:38 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 7519

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal4ever68 View Post
I hope Ogletree has a bad combine so we can get him in the 2nd round & take Xavier Rhodes in the 1st round.
Xavier Rhodes in the 1st???

Who are you benching in the base formation? Hall or Pacman/Dre Kirk?
Who are you benching in the nickel? Hall, Dre Kirk/Newman, or Pacman?
Who are you benching in the dime? Hall, Dre Kirk, Pacman, or Newman?
I guess Rhodes would work in the quarter? Hall, Dre Kirk, Pacman, Newman, & Rhodes.

Rhodes will get play time when the Bengals role out their quarter formation . . . when we play the Cleveland Browns and Chip Kelly's spread offense.

The other 14 weeks, he probably wouldn't be activated.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:59 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Xavier Rhodes in the 1st???

Who are you benching in the base formation? Hall or Pacman/Dre Kirk?
Who are you benching in the nickel? Hall, Dre Kirk/Newman, or Pacman?
Who are you benching in the dime? Hall, Dre Kirk, Pacman, or Newman?
I guess Rhodes would work in the quarter? Hall, Dre Kirk, Pacman, Newman, & Rhodes.

Rhodes will get play time when the Bengals role out their quarter formation . . . when we play the Cleveland Browns and Chip Kelly's spread offense.

The other 14 weeks, he probably wouldn't be activated.
You're working under the assumption that Rhodes wouldn't be better than any of those guys. He could very well be better than Newman, Pacman, and Kirk. If Rhodes is BPA I've got no problem taking him. We still need to get younger at CB anyway.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:50 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 7519

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinghost View Post
You're working under the assumption that Rhodes wouldn't be better than any of those guys. He could very well be better than Newman, Pacman, and Kirk. If Rhodes is BPA I've got no problem taking him. We still need to get younger at CB anyway.
Yes, the Bengals need to get younger at CB. But not at the expense of getting a bigger need (LB, S, RB, DE).

Some speculated last season that the Bengals highly rated pass defense was an anomaly. Fast forwarding to 2012 (and transitioning Clements to a depth player), the Bengals were ranked #7 overall in pass defense. This ranking includes the first 4 games where we were a train wreck without Crocker, and the Bengals achilles heel of not having a LB that can cover a TE all season long.

The Bengals need to absolutely shore up the RB corp and the LB corp in the draft/free agency.

Adding a 5th 1st round CB just doesn't seem to make sense with our other deficiencies.

FYI, Hall & Jones are younger than Revis & Cromartie.

Last edited by mulligan; 01-05-2013 at 12:05 PM.