Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:15 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 14535
Default Re: From 3-5 at the halfway point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
...to 7-1 and back to back playoffs with a good chance to win. And still the whining never stops. This fan base has a LOT of pathetic pansy azzes.
Did we win the Super Bowl? That is the goal isn't it? Maybe when we win one, some of us will be happy.

Heck, I'll be happy with a playoff win. But Hey!!!! If you want to be happy with a winning season and a playoff appearance(if you can call it that) then more power to you! I'm glad you can be happy with that, whereas I and some others can't be.

Sig compliments of CINwillWIN
Old 01-05-2013, 10:17 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8974

I just don't see how anyone is optimistic after watching that performance.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:20 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 62706

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApinhead View Post
Did we win the Super Bowl? That is the goal isn't it? Maybe when we win one, some of us will be happy.

Heck, I'll be happy with a playoff win. But Hey!!!! If you want to be happy with a winning season and a playoff appearance(if you can call it that) then more power to you! I'm glad you can be happy with that, whereas I and some others can't be.
Im never happy with a loss...especially in the playoffs. But I see alot more to be happy with about this team than sad about.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:22 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 159

From 3-5 at the halfway point - to yet another disappointing failure of a season. I'm sure Mike Brown is quite happy. He sees a team that has made the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years, which is something only 6 or 7 other teams can say. I see a head coach with no wins in 10 years, a record surpassed only by Jim Mora's 11 year run, and a league leading 22 year absence of a single playoff win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2013, 10:24 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2312

What gives you the right to call people "whiners"? People who have stuck with this franchise and endured all the heartaches deserve to vent in any way they see fit.

Special thanks to NashvilleBengalfan for the sig!
Old 01-05-2013, 10:29 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1393

yep, relatively good season.

Followed by one of the most uninspired playoff performances I've ever seen a team give. Most of them looked like they could care less wether they were there or not. Absolutely no fire whatsoever.

Dalton looked horrible. Not all of it his fault, but enough was. The offensive line wouldn't even accept a check for todays game if they have an ounce of integrity. Donate it to charity or something. I don't know, but at the very least this line has to go.

Defense played OK but not great either.

This team should be absolutely embarrassed by that game.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:29 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16671

We have a team with the talent to win, but our coaches hold them back.

The game plan today was awful.
The use of Maualuga to cover the middle was exploited all day long.

I would cut Cook, Maualuga, and Gresham. Not even talk to them in FA, or anything else. Just cut them.

Their preformance was that bad.

"I do solemnly swear to Protect and Defend the Consitution of the United States of America Against All Enemies Foereign and Domestic."
We swear to Protect and Defend a Consitution not a party, or a president
Old 01-05-2013, 10:32 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 14535

Quote:
Im never happy with a loss...especially in the playoffs. But I see alot more to be happy with about this team than sad about.
Sorry, but I just don't see a lot to be happy about. At least not until a few players and coaches are gone.

Sig compliments of CINwillWIN
Old 01-05-2013, 10:32 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 29384

Quote:
Oh yes; I know there are 20 teams who would love to be in the Bengals' position right now. Cincinnati is much better -- but there are still many things this team needs in order to actually compete with the best.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:36 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan_in_Kettering View Post
Oh yes; I know there are 20 teams who would love to be in the Bengals' position right now. Cincinnati is much better -- but there are still many things this team needs in order to actually compete with the best.
A good 15 of those 20 would probably have acted like they wanted to play today and given a better effort and played a better game than what the Bengals did.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:30 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan_in_Kettering View Post
but there are still many things this team needs in order to actually compete with the best.
Thats true for every team.,..every year.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:49 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4245

Quote:
...to 7-1 and back to back playoffs with a good chance to win. And still the whining never stops. This fan base has a LOT of pathetic pansy azzes.
Excuse me???? Pathetic pansy azzes? Really?

Ok Mike Brown wannabe. Beaker's new name is Mr. Mediocre....

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

#15--gone, but never forgotten...
Old 01-05-2013, 11:55 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsr18 View Post
Excuse me???? Pathetic pansy azzes? Really?

Ok Mike Brown wannabe. Beaker's new name is Mr. Mediocre....
Youre excused. Sorry I sont see a 10-6 season and back to back playoffs as a total bust. I see it as steps in the right direction. Yeah, if you think the sky is falling then you are just what I said in the OP.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:15 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4245

Quote:
Youre excused. Sorry I sont see a 10-6 season and back to back playoffs as a total bust. I see it as steps in the right direction. Yeah, if you think the sky is falling then you are just what I said in the OP.
Nobody said the sky is falling. Ok 10-6 and back to back playoffs is a positive. However, the negative that is Marvin Lewis not having his team ready for the playoffs far out weighs the positive. Dude gets outcoached too many times...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

#15--gone, but never forgotten...
Old 01-06-2013, 12:20 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsr18 View Post
Nobody said the sky is falling. Ok 10-6 and back to back playoffs is a positive. However, the negative that is Marvin Lewis not having his team ready for the playoffs far out weighs the positive. Dude gets outcoached too many times...
I have said that ML has taken us about as far as he can. We need someone to get us to the next level. But geez, reading the posts in this forum you would think we were in the same boat as the chiefs or the jags. People need to get some serious perspective.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:31 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1084

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApinhead View Post

Yup its just so discouraging when this team has sooo much potential year after year but can never put together a whole game when it matters most , from offense to no defense, from defense to no offense. Its almost like this team doesnt know how to succeed when it matters most ( from top to bottom /ownership to the waterboys) it doesnt matter the personal, the faces change the end result has not.. a SB would be nice, but asking for atleast a step forward (a playoff win, or 2 for pete's sake) is all i want... 10-6, 9-7, 8-8 , 16-0 what does it matter when its win or go home this team has been one and done in embarrasing fashion by the jets, and now the texans twice in a row... and for those who say, todays game was close we could have won.... I call BS, if you watched the game, this team played like they didnt have a care in the world... the defense kept us in the game, but the Texans defense was better. and the offense flat out is a joke ( and if i need to explain it any further, you need to wake the F up)
Old 01-06-2013, 12:41 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6288

Quote:
I have said that ML has taken us about as far as he can. We need someone to get us to the next level. But geez, reading the posts in this forum you would think we were in the same boat as the chiefs or the jags. People need to get some serious perspective.
Aren't we? We didn't win the Super Bowl. We didn't win the Conference. We didn't win the Division. The difference is that they aren't stuck with a known value at head coach and they get to draft ahead of us.

Making the playoffs is not a prize, and gains us no bragging rights.